• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT3| Preparing for the Ball of Spiders Meta

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pooya

Hall of Scientists, summon 3 mad scientists.

For Science!, put random secrets in play, as many mad scientists that died this game.

Pooya

I hope we get some cool legs though. Like Anub'arak, 7/7 for 7 summons two 0/2 nerubian eggs!. Could be as good as Dr. Boom maybe.

Acinixys

ehh if true both will get boring very quickly

Yeah

WHOS RNG IS MORE BULLSHIT
jugg-dizzy.gif
Is a pretty shit way to play Brawls

Malice215

Has there been any word on when exactly the next card is being revealed?

My guess would be sometime in the afternoon today or tomorrow.

This game desperately needs more cards. I feel like I've been playing the same decks with basic tweaks since the beta.

People were saying that the game needed more cards before GvG dropped, and adding more cards since then still hasn't fixed the underlying problems with the game, only increased them. An aggressive meta was made more aggressive, many cards that would see some use don't because they're too slow, and cards that would be cool to use don't because of BGH except for good old Dr. Boom and a couple of others that give immediate value.

My wallet is praying that Blizzard has figured out how to make the game slower with this expansion, which would allow for more variety in play styles since they refuse to adjust existing cards.

I think Arena will be more fun with the expansion, but constructed will most likely stay the same because of netdecking, aggression, and refinement of gameplay.

Hey guys, I haven't played Hearthstone since about thr first month or two it was out and I was wondering if you guys have some tips. I'm not really looking to play ranked constructed, but arena for sure since I love drafting in Magic: The Gathering. I was also wondering if the single player expansions are needed, and do you guys feel they are worth the money?

gutshot

The next two brawls are
Unstable Portal Brawl and Murloc Brawl
judging by the graphics in the last patch.

I think there is still some art from the initial patch that they haven't used yet, including
one that looked pirate-themed and one that looked Nozdormu-themed

Hey guys, I haven't played Hearthstone since about thr first month or two it was out and I was wondering if you guys have some tips. I'm not really looking to play ranked constructed, but arena for sure since I love drafting in Magic: The Gathering. I was also wondering if the single player expansions are needed, and do you guys feel they are worth the money?

If the only thing you enjoy is arena then no the singleplayer adventures are not worth it for its content.

Are they enjoyable just on their own? Or are they really only worth it to get access to cards for ranked constructed?

I personally enjoyed the expansions and seeing how they set up each fight, but unless you plan on using the cards in constructed that up you unlock, there is no point in buying them. You'll have access to them in Arena.

ViviOggi

I was about to say run and never look back because right now (this might change in a year or so) for a new player it's almost impossible to catch up on cards. But since you're primarily interested in arena that's an entirely different deal since it lacks the entire collection aspect, making it an actual level playing field. There are guides in the OP, apart from that I suggest just watching good arena streamers like Ratsmah, Kripp and Hafu to improve your play. It's not too hard to go infite w/dailies in arena (i.e. making a net profit in gold to cover the entry fee), especially with experience in other card games.

Are they enjoyable just on their own? Or are they really only worth it to get access to cards for ranked constructed?
They're... alright to play through but almost definitely not worth the price if you're not going to use the cards.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Madder Scientist, put a secret of your choice from your deck or your hand into the battlefield!

TGT will be redeemed!

Maddest Scientist. Battlecry: Put a random mage secret into the battlefield. Deathrattle: Put a random hunter secret into the battlefield. Inspire: Put a random Paladin secret into the battlefield.

3 mana 2/2

Thanks for the replies everyone! Yeah, I noticed pretty quickly while playing last night that I was being outclassed by people who just had more recent cards then I did, so I kinda just got turned off from constructed right away. Maybe I'll get into it after building up a better base of cards from Arena, but right now that's not happening. Looks like I'll stay away from the single player expansions as well. Thanks for the advice!

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Yoshi is hyped for everything though. .
Yes, perhaps I'm not as pessimistic, old, grumpy of a person as other people.

Problem?

Heropon

Are you for fucking real Blizzard?

But 60 dust right there!

Looking at my statistics at 10 wins, I get 255 gold at average thanks to not getting cards. Random cards as prices seems pretty terrible. They should limit the rewards to epic, legendaries or golden rares at minimum or don't bother giving them.

Vitanimus

priest mirrors are so fun, always keeping each other on edge

i swear i played a troll deck earlier or just a really annoying new guy at rank 15. mage with stuff like polymorph, kirin but no secrets, pyroblast etc etc. I had such a lead and got them to 5 health, and they stalled me for like... 7 turns while basically doing nothing. i won eventually tho

Dahbomb

Yes, perhaps I'm not as pessimistic, old, grumpy of a person as other people.

Problem?
I don't think being not hyped for everything new that comes out makes you pessimistic or old/grumpy. If that makes me pessimistic and old/grumpy then I am that.

I still get hyped for stuff no doubt but I am always cautiously optimistic. That's how I am with the new expansion. I expect some cool new stuff but I am not expecting a whole paradigm shift in the game nor am I aching to spend $100+ on packs for it.

embalm

With every expansion new decks have shown up and with GvG several very good decks showed up. That's what I'm excited for. I think Patron Warrior has shown that with only 1 or 2 new cards a deck can jump from Tier 4 to Tier 1. GvG allowed aggro mage to transform into Mech Mage by introducing a new tribe and great class specific synergy.

I hope we get some of those new cards that make bad decks great and some new stuff that introduces an all new deck. I love playing during all the experimentation. The crazy matches and unexpected plays are the best of times.

So I am very hyped for the expansion.

Dahbomb

I might get more hyped if I see cards that makes me go "wow if you build a deck around that it might be really, really good!" Right now Lock n Load is the closest but we'll see.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
If that makes me pessimistic and old/grumpy then I am that.
Yes. Yes you are.

See how I'm exaggerating here? It's identical to people saying I hype "everything new". It's all exaggeration.

embalm

Somethings I hope to see in the expansion:

2 Great Dragons - I think Priest and Pally dragon decks need 2 early to mid game cards that will make the decks playable. I think they are pretty low tier right now, but the more good dragons means more consistency for the dragon synergy cards.

1 Viable Inspire Deck - I hope that Shaman can form a great Totem/Inspire deck after the expansion. They have a very good hero power and a few great totems. Hopefully they come out of the other side of the expansion with some great decks. I am probably rooting for shaman because of their cards being revealed, but it looks hopeful.

Murlocs - I know it's aggro scum, but I love murloc decks. I hope we get some mid-game and early sticky murlocs. All that murloc happiness must be shared.

Pooya

I so enjoy wrecking face hunters face with my face paladin, ending the game with justice demands retribution.

feels so good.

ViviOggi

I so enjoy wrecking face hunters face with my face paladin, ending the game with justice demands retribution.

feels so good.
Why are you so proud of fighting cancer with cancer when you could be curing it instead?

"Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that." - Donald Trump, 2013

Pooya

Why are you so proud of fighting cancer with cancer when you could be curing it instead?

"Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that." - Donald Trump, 2013

What can I do when my dragon paly was struggling against zoo and hunters on casual mode, have to do that 5 wins daily somehow :(

--------------------------------

Leaks you say? there are these official joke? cards I guess

http://www.hearthpwn.com/forums/hearthstone-general/general-discussion/52797-new-cards-27-07

they have text and everything, wonder what they say.

Dahbomb

1 mana 5/5...

What in the fuck.

The negative penalty on that card must be off the chart.

Millhouse Manastorm FINALLY about to get replaced!!!!!!!

FeD.nL

I got that "pirates riding parrots" part stuck in my head, so much so I keep randomly singing it out loud.

Really hope pirates become viable.

G.ZZZ

Playing against a mage in arena.

Turn 4 Hobgoblin + coin annoy-o-tron.

Turn 5 Annoy-o-tron + Unstable Ghoul + micromachine.

Turn 6 another hobgoblin + mana wyrm.

Where am i.

ViviOggi

I hope for some good Druid cards. Gvg basically bypassed the Druid class
Blizz is scared about giving Druid anything strong and for a good fucking reason. Wild Growth+Innervate and even FoN+Savage Roar - the most broken 2-card combo in the game - have massive implications and as long as the class keeps trucking along as is I don't see them changing their approach. It has only fallen off very recently and it's still one of the better non-high tier classes so I wouldn't expect any new Druid cards that are powerful on their own this expansion. What seems likely are cards that (try to) open up alternative playstyles, so either dragons or heavy Inspire synergy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom