• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT3| Preparing for the Ball of Spiders Meta

Status
Not open for further replies.
The card dump right before release just seems like a wasted opportunity to me
I agree. Not knowing anything about cards in the Beta made getting packs fun. It would be nice to have some surprises at release.

Edit: Speaking of GvG, I believe Monday, Wednesday, Friday are when votes cards are shown. Tuesday and Thursday are when sites and blogs release cards. Just a heads up for those of hungry for more.

mxgt

Banned
I honestly can't remember the last time I faced a druid as control warrior and they didn't have wild growth in their opening hand.

Every time. Every fucking time.

GvG was announced at Blizzcon last year in early November, and they released the first week of December. So I'm seeing a month between the announcement and the release--probably mid-august if the last round was any indication.

Fine by me--plenty of time to start hoarding gold and enjoy the slow trickle of card reveals!

inky

I honestly can't remember the last time I faced a druid as control warrior and they didn't have wild growth in their opening hand.

Leave us alone. If we don't ramp it's basically game over. As a CW especially you'd have a ton of creatures we wouldn't be able to remove on time. :p

Finally 2 legendaries in the vote that is all i care about, just unveil commons and rares on facebook or something.

Im gonna vote on the cards with the worst art next time so far the ones with better art have been disappointing.

johnsmith

remember me

I honestly can't remember the last time I faced a warrior without fiery win axe so.

Opiate

Well, obviously you can turn that in to an ultra value card if you (for instance) attack a 3/2 minion then hero power to return it to your hand, only to be played later at full health again.

We were complaining about other inspire cards being slow, but hoo boy, that's the king of slow. He's the king of slow in the country of slowvania.

Well, obviously you can turn that in to an ultra value card if you (for instance) attack a 3/2 minion then hero power to return it to your hand, only to be played later at full health again.

We were complaining about other inspire cards being slow, but hoo boy, that's the king of slow. He's the king of slow in the country of slowvania.

If he was a pokemon he would be slowking.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
The text on that card is hella weird but a vanilla 2/5 for 3 isn't bad. The text isn't really good or bad. In the late game it essentially allows you to heal it for 3 mana. Which is not bad if you get some value trades. Don't know why you would play this in Constructed but I would pick it in arena. Basically a harvest golem or druid of the flame there...

Santiako

yzCjBot.png

amirite

Pooya

If it was inspire: return a friendly minion to your hand I would run it. Probably should be card like that in the set. Reusing healbots and owl without having one time brewmasters seems appealing in a control deck.

So far inspire effect don't let you target anything, it would get messy too if you have several of these on board, it's probably not possible and it would be a random minion instead.

ZealousD

A 3 mana 2/5 isn't actually slow. The text is slow. Saying this card is slow only looks at half the card.

Gotchaye

I don't feel like it's a slow card. You're not supposed to return it to your hand. Other Inspire cards give you some extra reason to use your hero power. This one encourages you not to use your hero power. It's an Inspire card for decks that aren't built around Inspire. If you're not hero powering it's basically a Druid of the Flame, which is a perfectly respectable card. You want this in a deck that expects to reliably curve out, perhaps as a way to clear out some early minions. Not that I expect to see it much in Constructed regardless.

ZealousD

I wouldn't say that text encourages you to avoid your hero power. Sometimes you might want to heal the card for 3 mana. Or maybe you want to save it from explosive trap damage. You wouldn't hero power when this is in play early game but if you have spare mana you might consider it a benefit in the late game. Like in a topdeck war. Maybe you combo this with warsong commander, lol.

But yeah. Totally an arena card.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
There's definitely an intent to vacuum it to your hand when it's going to die otherwise.

As a vanilla arena draft you might end up using that without ever using your hero power, but that doesn't strike me as the reason you would design a card like this.

It helps you in the mid to end game when you're starting to run low on cards in your hand and can win via incremental value. It's unlikely to be something you would run unless you were a relatively new player in constructed, which is why it's common.

Rapstah

Maybe Coliseum Manager synergises amazingly together with a bunch of other cards which we haven't seen yet.

No idea how!

If they're making Val'kyr cards they should make out of the one from Utgarde Pinnacle with the 25 minute speech before the boss fight started. Battlecry: Freeze all characters.

Raxus

Figures, people keep voting for terrible cards.

The card wouldn't be so bad if it had one simple power on top of inspire, taunt.

Opiate

I don't feel like it's a slow card. You're not supposed to return it to your hand. Other Inspire cards give you some extra reason to use your hero power. This one encourages you not to use your hero power. It's an Inspire card for decks that aren't built around Inspire. If you're not hero powering it's basically a Druid of the Flame, which is a perfectly respectable card. You want this in a deck that expects to reliably curve out, perhaps as a way to clear out some early minions. Not that I expect to see it much in Constructed regardless.

Druid of the flame is considered decent but not great, has flexibility to be 5/2 that this card doesn't have, and doesn't have the "drawback" you're discussing here (i.e. it doesn't limit your hero power).

Haunted

This feels like talking about hats in the Dota 2 thread, but I will say that most of the art for the new cards has been really nice.

CoolOff

I assume the two new legendaries either have a Feugen/Stalagg-thing going, or more likely their mirroring each others ability in some way, like one is healing and one is dealing damage.

What's the lore background for them?

This feels like talking about hats in the Dota 2 thread, but I will say that most of the art for the new cards has been really nice.

I need to see the goldens!!!

Garrison Commander art is garbage though.

V-Faction

I'd be okay with 2/4 Taunt. Because as it stands now, the benefit of returning to the hand... isn't a benefit. But make it a wall, and you're officially slowing down the game without having to copy Sludge Belcher's own effect.

What I'm eager to see is a card with Battlecry + Inspire: "Trigger Battlecry". All you need to do then is balance the effect, cause who cares about stats at that point. Maybe draw a card?

Gotchaye

Druid of the flame is considered decent but not great, has flexibility to be 5/2 that this card doesn't have, and doesn't have the "drawback" you're discussing here (i.e. it doesn't limit your hero power).

Sure, it's not as good as Druid of the Flame. I'm just saying that I think it's wrong to see it as a terrible extremely slow card. It's a mediocre-to-okay fast-ish card.

georly

I mean, the card in isolation is bad. We don't know what other cards exist. Maybe there is a card that does something every time a minion is returned to your hand. *shrug*

Even so, unless that something it does is incredible, it won't be worth it.

Opiate

Sure, it's not as good as Druid of the Flame. I'm just saying that I think it's wrong to see it as a terrible extremely slow card. It's a mediocre-to-okay fast-ish card.

I think this depends on perspective, then. It's a pretty good card if used very slowly. It's a bad card if used "fast-ish." Thus, I would classify it as a very slow card, because it's in very slow games where it would be used to its fullest potential.

The problem is that very slow doesn't exist in Hearthstone as a viable strategy, so it's relegated to "mediocre fastish card" instead of "good slow card."

Opiate

Oh, didn't realize we were talking about a card with a specific mana cost. That's what I get for jumping into the middle of a conversation, I guess.

Well, once your mana cost becomes fluid, all bets are off, for the most part. A 2/4 with taunt is more than fine for 4 mana (in fact it better have an additional effect or the card is complete trash), mediocre for 3 mana, very good for 2 mana, and downright overpowered for 1 mana.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom