• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT3| Preparing for the Ball of Spiders Meta

Status
Not open for further replies.

rickyson1

if I close out the hearthstone window when it says finding opponent and the cancel button is gone already do I forfeit a game?

in an arena run and it's been on finding opponent for 5+ minutes now

Maybe Blizzard should consider best of 3 matches for ladder before determining a winner.

I always feel like if my cards play out a certain way against another person, I can win.

Leave the single games to casual.

You could always just challenge somebody?

It wouldn't count towards your ladder rank...but on the plus side it would be equally meaningless overall.

rickyson1

if I close out the hearthstone window when it says finding opponent and the cancel button is gone already do I forfeit a game?

in an arena run and it's been on finding opponent for 5+ minutes now

eventually got a dc message after like 10 minutes and still have the same amount of losses

guess that kind of answers my question

for future reference is it any different if I were to close out myself in that situation?

Story of my life vs rogue:
Bait out first sap successfully.

Play around second sap, oh he doesn't have it.

Next turn, play tirion, second sap is top decked.

I somehow still managed to win. But still, this happens all the damn time to me :(

edit:

Bleh, just lost a game cause I left mouse clicked instead of right clicked to cancel playing a sylvanas instead of sludge belcher...

This game tonight is being ridiculous... I get a pagle vs hunter from shredder, he top decks a second UTH when needed... then this rogue gets a millhouse from his shredder the next game. The next game I get a novice engineer. My luck is not balancing out much at all tonight.

edit:
Also forgot to mention how I lost a 75% chance to steal something good with MCT. Ended up losing that match as well.

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
Has Blizzard ever nerfed a card? If so, examples?

Job's done.

Rapstah

Has Blizzard ever nerfed a card? If so, examples?

Job's done.

Sylvanas once cost 5 mana. She now costs 6.

Undertakers used to get +1/+1 when you play a Deathrattle minion. They now get only +1 attack.

Unleash The Hounds cost 2 mana for a while. It now costs 3.

Leeroy Jenkins cost 4 for a while, so you could play him three times in a turn with Shadowstep. He now costs 5.

There are probably some more that I'm forgetting, and I'm not counting changes before the game was released, because cards changed a lot back then in both directions. Captain's Parrot was a 1/2 for a while before it turned into the worst minion in the game.

ViviOggi

Flare: 1 to 2 mana
Gadgetzan Auctioneer: 5 to 6 mana
Eaglehorn Bow: doesn't gain a charge upon activating opponents' secrets anymore

I think that's it.

Danj

Finished the Class Challenges, now onto Naxxramas Heroic Mode.

Okay, seems like I can't do Heroic mode without a shitload of dust, guess I'll have to abandon that for now. Back to getting up in rank in time for the end of the season, I guess.

FeD.nL

Starving Buzzard too got nerfed 2(?) times. I still remember that first iteration of UTH where it was this hyper version of Savage Roar, That spell must have went through the most changes.

Danj

Is it just me or does Trump's level 10 Druid deck (from the Trump Teachings) really sucky when you're playing against real players instead of AI? I can't seem to win with it at all.

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
You know, the Buzzard I can see the effects of it being nerfed. It's a pretty high cost card for what it is. Thanks for the examples. I hope Boom gets nerfed.

Job's done.

Dragner

I won a game after constant BM from my opponent when accidentally I fireballed my own face playing freeze mage. All came to a ragnaros that hit my acolyte instead of my face avoiding lethal (no ice block) that gave mt thalnos. Next turn thalnos 2*Frost Bolt 2*Ice lance + hero power for 19 damage exact lethal. The rage was real.

Rapstah

Hey, cool, I didn't know this:
This undocumented change is notable for preventing players from using Bestial Wrath to bypass enemy Taunt minions. Since a minion with both Immune and Taunt will not act as a Taunt, prior to this change Bestial Wrath could be used to effectively remove Taunt from an enemy minion until the end of the turn.
Immune ignores Taunt just like Stealth. "What if they put Taunt on it" is no longer an argument against cards with a weird side effect that makes them immune.

Gents and ladies... I almost lost from this board state:

this_game.jpg

Yes, that is a 7 minion board with kelthuzad and a freshly played loatheb preventing him from any big board clears, or so you would think...

His boom bot managed to 1/8 chance to then 1/2 chance to bring the KT into ashbringer range. Then he managed nearly clear board and mind control tech and then coghammer shield+taunt my loatheb and all I had left over was a 4/5 and a 1/1 from THAT board with him unable to cast a spell.

At the end of my previous turn I was like "damn, this is the type of board you concede to."

But then he kills 1 recruit, bomb helps him kill KT, mind control tech steals loatheb, he then kills another recruit and the bomb kills the raptor, and suddenly I am from 7 minions down to 2...

edit:
Bonus pic:

this_game2.jpg

Getting tired of this game. The only way to play properly is to relentlessly go face. Any other technique is pretty much a losing proposition. It has rendered much of the Druid's strengths completely obsolete.

JORMBO

Darkness no more
Pulled Dr. Boom from a pack. I have him, but don't want to DE the dupe in case of a nerf. Am I stuck manually DEing all my cards now? The auto DE thing always grabs him.

Tacitus_

Getting tired of this game. The only way to play properly is to relentlessly go face. Any other technique is pretty much a losing proposition. It has rendered much of the Druid's strengths completely obsolete.

? Combo druid is as strong as ever before. And you can run the disgusting supercombo that does 24 from your hand with no board.

Pulled Dr. Boom from a pack. I have him, but don't want to DE the dupe in case of a nerf. Am I stuck manually DEing all my cards now? The auto DE thing always grabs him.
Here's the thing about disenchanting, you don't need to do it unless you desperately want/need a card. So you can leave your collection as is until you need a card or changes happen.

? Combo druid is as strong as ever before. And you can run the disgusting supercombo that does 24 from your hand with no board.

If you survive that long and have the right cards in your hand. I'm speaking more about their high-end taunts, which have been worthless for more of the meta than not.

Razakin

Okay, seems like I can't do Heroic mode without a shitload of dust, guess I'll have to abandon that for now. Back to getting up in rank in time for the end of the season, I guess.
Some Heroic battles are pretty much bullshit, too much hoping that the stars align and so on, especially with Kel'Thuzad.

But then, the feeling when you finally beat the bugger is so good.

Link to the deck list? Please note I'm free to play so my options are relatively limited right now.

This is what he played during kinguin last week but on ladder it might have a few differences. I've seen him play the deck a couple times on stream and I've played more than a couple priest decks running deathlord lately.

KPLPriest326.jpg

CoolOff

Holy shit I'm dying at this Viagame-stream.

They play "What does the fox say?" and suddenly someone in a full fox-suit shows up with a basket of easter eggs, which he drops all over the place. I'm crying.

Dahbomb

They really need a 2 drop badly. I personally want to play an efficient, long game priest that doesn't feel significantly handicapped.
Didn't they just get Shrinkmeister? It's a pretty good 2 drop.

They need a 4 drop the most. Their current Lightspawn sucks because of all the silences out there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom