• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT3| Preparing for the Ball of Spiders Meta

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tacitus_

If you survive that long and have the right cards in your hand. I'm speaking more about their high-end taunts, which have been worthless for more of the meta than not.

The 8/8 tree is useless because of BGH and the 5/10 sees play every now and then if you make hardcore ramp druid.

ViviOggi

BLACKROCK

MOUNTAIN

A HEARTHSTONE ADVENTURE

Tacitus_

Kolento is so harmless. I love him.

I loved it when he was on the casting cough and was it Rachel who asked him "are you going to be the one who brings the energy to this cast" or something similar and Kolento just immediately popped out a flat "no".

egruntz

shelaughz
Oil Rogue always has the exact fucking cards they need.
Sludge Belcher? Sap.
Huge board? Fucking Blade Flurry or w/e that shit is.

How do they always have what they need. Fucking infuriating. Any time I try to play it I get stuck with shit that's dead in my hand.

Minsc

Gold Member
Finally, after I gave up too.

Thank god. I spent like 10 hours yesterday with all sorts of decks, everything except Muster Paladin (which I could never beat, like ever).

Ran Zoolock today (well, Zoo with Black Knight and Jones) and won 8 in-a-row, straight through the second half of rank 2 and the entirety of rank 1 in under an hour.

So yeah, forget about all those dumb expensive drawn out decks. You want legendary, just get a cheap zoolock deck together.

The final climb also included this miniboss (was like also the only time I've ever won against Hunter as Warlock). :)

ViviOggi

Face Hunter 3-0 sweep
cBj1LTf.png

Thank god. I spent like 10 hours yesterday with all sorts of decks, everything except Muster Paladin (which I could never beat, like ever).

Ran Zoolock today (well, Zoo with Black Knight and Jones) and won 8 in-a-row, straight through the second half of rank 2 and the entirety of rank 1 in under an hour.

So yeah, forget about all those dumb expensive drawn out decks. You want legendary, just get a cheap zoolock deck together.

The final climb also included this miniboss (was like also the only time I've ever won against Hunter as Warlock). :)

Congrats
goodjob.gif

Rapstah

Apparently the name Leeroy Jenkins translates poorly into Chinese, so the name for the character in Hearthstone and WoW is "the Train King", tying into the Chinese phrase for chain pulling mobs being "driving the train". Therefore, Leeroy Jenkins' spawn sound in Chinese is "I am the train king!" instead of "Leeroy Jenkins" like in every single other language.

And then I found out there's a Taiwan Chinese translation of the game that is different from the other Chinese translation, and in that translation, the card says "Leeroy Jenkins" when you spawn it. Both are Mandarin. I guess it relies completely on whether the people who play the game know the original meme then?

I'm an expert

Formerly worldrevolution. The only reason I am nice to anyone else is to avoid being banned.
just had two different people play cairne against me.. did i miss something.. should i dust my cairne off..

Tacitus_

AMAZ what the FUCK are you doing

For that Sylvanas play he would've needed to spam as many doggies as possible before marking and trading into sylvanas. He got so much value on board and then fucks it up by going halfway into killing sylvanas.

E: WHAT THE HELL WAS THAT SAUSAGE FACTORY BIT

Ashodin

For that Sylvanas play he would've needed to spam as many doggies as possible before marking and trading into sylvanas. He got so much value on board and then fucks it up by going halfway into killing sylvanas.

E: WHAT THE HELL WAS THAT SAUSAGE FACTORY BIT

plblllllllllbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbblblblblbl

ViviOggi

Honker is actually a really good idea in current Midrange Paladin. Not only do you control the midgame board most of the time but the constant Quartermaster threat is so fucking scary that just a handful of dudes draws premium AoE.

Type2

Congrats! I have to tweak my zoolock although I don't have the tech cards you mentioned it's my favorite class. I dream about playing demonhandlock one day but that deck is so high budget.

I can't seem to break 5 wins in arena. I can consistently get there as long as my draft pool isn't complete garbage and I must have a 0 percent win rate against Paladins. They seem so efficient at surviving early , tearing face and clearing with weapons and then dropping judge threat after threat. I keep blaming it on the fact that I don't play the class enough and don't look for certain cards but it's arena so I never know what they will have. I'm sure I'm misplaying somehow either by over commiting my board or not saving removal for bigger things. I'm going to check out guardsman bobs stream archives and maybe strifecro.
Edit: I think my win rate against Paladins in ranked and casual is low too. What to do what to do.

Tacitus_

The big things to play around vs paladin in arena are:

-truesilver
-consecrate
-get down
-avenge

and if you have Venture Co Mercenary, be mindful of it having to follow DE RULEZ, because having a 1 attack minion that makes your minions cost more is almost game over.

tylerf

Ahh it's that wonderful time again where I'm back up to 1600 dust and the horrible decision of what to do with it begins. Either craft something like Black Knight to get closer to having all of common neutrals or go for a class legendary and try something new.

I just got zoo'd down by a king mukla based pally deck with deathrattles and dancing swords. I have never seen it before and it blew me up. Anyone see this?

Oil Rogue always has the exact fucking cards they need.
Sludge Belcher? Sap.
Huge board? Fucking Blade Flurry or w/e that shit is.

How do they always have what they need. Fucking infuriating. Any time I try to play it I get stuck with shit that's dead in my hand.

Because a lot of their cards also cycle cards as well.

Coincidentally, I just asked if they have any plans to have any card changes on the current set coinciding with the BRM release. The answer Yong Woo (senior game producer) gave is that there are currently no plans. I mainly asked because with the last 2 sets being released we did have card changes, like eaglehorn bow no longer gaining durability from opponent traps and then the whole auctioneer/soulfire nerf a week before GVG.

https://twitter.com/cataclyst78/status/581928871701807104

Dahbomb

Coincidentally, I just asked if they have any plans to have any card changes on the current set coinciding with the BRM release. The answer Yong Woo (senior game producer) gave is that there are currently no plans. I mainly asked because with the last 2 sets being released we did have card changes, like eaglehorn bow no longer gaining durability from opponent traps and then the whole auctioneer/soulfire nerf a week before GVG.

https://twitter.com/cataclyst78/status/581928871701807104
Blizzard is never going to say they have any changes plan because they feel that it "changes the meta". They will make the announcement like a few days before the actual change.

Any nerf to Face Hunter will just make it stronger.
I LOL'd!

Blizzard is never going to say they have any changes plan because they feel that it "changes the meta". They will make the announcement like a few days before the actual change.

I don't think they'd outright lie though. Even the past UT "no plans" statement was made several months before the nerf hit even though the article went up a few weeks before the change.

I do believe they mean it when they say there are no plans. Of course things could change, but as it stands I believe them when they mean there is no plans currently.

Cipherr

Any nerf to Face Hunter will just make it stronger.

People joke, but the nerfs do help keep it in check. I would not want to see Buzzard reverted along with Eaglehorn reverted along with Undertaker reverted and have to face that in todays face hunters. They would be way over the top.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom