• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT3| Preparing for the Ball of Spiders Meta

Status
Not open for further replies.
The mechanic is just too random with by far the biggest impact. 1 shot? Okay. I can accept rag RNG, but multiple shots... Just too much RNG imo. Also rag costs a lot of mana to get that 1 shot.

edit:
Speaking of RNG... damn ogre hit the wrong target literally every time. I lost every single coin flip. And then this warrior's RNG is perfect getting both the right targets of 3 with cleave. Fuck.

Zemm

Wouldn't be surprised to see face hunter nerfed somehow. Making Eaglehorn Bow cost 4 mana maybe? But then you are nerfing midrange hunter as well.

It definitely seems like the kind of deck Blizzard takes the nerf bat to though as it is decidedly uninteractive. Just face, face, face and no fighting for board.

How many times have they nerfed hunter/hunter cards now? 3? Still a top tier class.

Brofist

Wouldn't be surprised to see face hunter nerfed somehow. Making Eaglehorn Bow cost 4 mana maybe? But then you are nerfing midrange hunter as well.

It definitely seems like the kind of deck Blizzard takes the nerf bat to though as it is decidedly uninteractive. Just face, face, face and no fighting for board.

It seems almost impossible to directly nerf face hunter in it's current state, as there isn't really a defining card in the deck and there's no one card that makes it op. Can't really remove charge minions or traps outright, and can't change the hunter cards too much without nerfing all varieties of the class.

CoolOff

Yeah, there isn't really any one thing that's broken in current Face Hunter. Mad Scientist probably, but that wouldn't make much difference I feel like.

gutshot

Yeah, it is going to be hard to nerf face hunter directly without affecting other hunter archetypes.

Perhaps the best thing is introducing more anti-aggro tech? Healbot was a good start but maybe more neutral heals. Or more early taunts like Annoy-O-Tron. I don't know, it seems like they will have to do something to lessen the power of a pure aggro deck.

Face hunter isn't broken. Just tech against them if you are facing a lot of them. A zombie chow in your deck is really strong for that purpose. Healbots as well.

I think the deck is easy to tech against. I mean, I still don't enjoy playing against them but they aren't broken.

Yeah, it is going to be hard to nerf face hunter directly without affecting other hunter archetypes.

Perhaps the best thing is introducing more anti-aggro tech? Healbot was a good start but maybe more neutral heals. Or more early taunts like Annoy-O-Tron. I don't know, it seems like they will have to do something to lessen the power of a pure aggro deck.

I think you can penalize neutral charge enough that it won't effect anything else hunter related. You do something with wolfrider and arcane golem and the deck's power is a lot worse. Another option is to turn Hogger into something that isn't charge based.

Seems like a bad idea, Druid has trouble reclaiming lost boards so it's a borderline unplayable card against midrange/control. Most Face Hunters run double Owl too. I'd rather tech in Kezan and/or Taz'Dingo or just go full Taunt Druid.

I've experimented with it a bit, and the one good side effect is that the minion which is pulled does not execute its battlecry. For instance, Loatheb was pulled and no +5 to spell cost next turn for me...just a harmless 5/5.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Is anyone gonna create a new OT for the BRM adventure on the main gaming forum this week?

We didn't create an OT for Naxxramas or GvG, just news threads. This is still the OT for Hearthstone. No need for us to split the thread.

There was an announcement thread... plus it isn't even considered an expansion. I don't think it could hurt or anything, but isn't really necessary either. Maybe when there is an actual announcement date?

Milennia

Yeah finishing my rogue was a good choice, all these Paladins in this <5 games are just getting demolished now

I'm happy because fuck paladins

Yeah finishing my rogue was a good choice, all these Paladins in this <5 games are just getting demolished now

I'm happy because fuck paladins

Well, as a paladin, I say fuck you rogue!

Oh wait, I'm a rogue too... ;D

Seriously though, I beat rogues quite often as a paladin now.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

edit instead of posting back to back:

Just got a 12 win run with a druid deck:

image.png

Nothing but gold and packs from the rewards. Nothing but duplicates from the packs. It would have been pretty sweet to get a gold legend but Blizzard hates me.

edit:
I just noticed some cards won't show up, the only doubles I have is faerie dragon and stormwind champion.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
I will forever love twitch chat's infatuation with &#9701;&#9608;&#774;&#9700; TOTEMIC MIGHT &#9701;&#9608;&#774;&#9700;

This is what happens when you don't trade with a paladin. Dude only even had a chance cause he top decked a hellfire after I knew he didn't have one and played into it.

Hearthstone_Screenshot_3_29_2015_22_44_35.png

4 mana flamestrike due to 2 spellpower on board ftw!

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Trying to come up with an aggro warrior deck with the new Blackrock cards. What do you guys think?

OZ2pwrx.jpg

Some thoughts on my current card choices:

1. I chose Elven Archer over abusive or a similar 1 drop because I felt like the deck could fall behind against other aggro decks like Face Hunter. Plus I can use the ping to proc my own abilities if I wanted, like grim patron, acolyte, worgen, etc.
2. Cruel taskmaster over Inner Rage because I felt the deck needed more minions. I felt I had too many spells.
3. Dragon Egg for Cruel Taskmaster, death's bite, bouncing blade, etc synergy. It's also a little bit of AOE insurance, but not much. Dragon Egg into Cruel Taskmaster is the dream play on curve.
4. Could not decide between amani and bloodsail raider as to which I should run 2 of and which I could run 1 of. I leaned towards amani because I felt it gave me better AOE insurance.
5. Commanding Shout to protect my minions from bouncing blade and whirlwind effects. Can also use it to trade favorably in a pinch.
6. Battle Rage was tempting but seemed maybe a bit inconsitent. I already had acolytes and commanding shout so I felt I had enough draw.
7. Warsong Commander because every minion I had is 3 or less attack, aside from kor'kron. Also potentially the NUTS with grim patron and bouncing blade plays.
8. Only 1 bouncing blade because it's a combo card. Kind of a late game play and I didn't need two of them clogging my hand.
9. Grim Patron is present for the insane combo potential, but it might be too gimmicky.
10. Weapons, Frothing Beserker, Kor'Kron included for obvious reasons. These cards are insane. I think weapons will go to the face much of the time.

Type2

What the heck. I just got matched against a rogue as warrior with coin. I mulled my cards and she didnt. Game timed out and then both our characters exploded and I lost. Thankfully this was only a casual match but what kind of stupidity is that!

Everyone said aggro is on ladder. I played 7 matches tonight on ranked ladder. I got 6 control matches (like 2 priest, 2 paladin, 2 control mage) and 1 oil rogue.

So much for that =/

What the heck. I just got matched against a rogue as warrior with coin. I mulled my cards and she didnt. Game timed out and then both our characters exploded and I lost. Thankfully this was only a casual match but what kind of stupidity is that!

It happens sometimes. I think it is like a failsafe in case a player never connects to the match in the first place or something. Today I did get a win in arena seemingly before I even got into the match, so there might be another explanation.

Rapstah

I'm still thinking about that moment on the Viagame stream where they were jokingly talking about feelings and Frodan threw out a "it's getting darker than Amaz winter 2014" and then everyone was quiet for like ten seconds.

Xanathus

I'm still thinking about that moment on the Viagame stream where they were jokingly talking about feelings and Frodan threw out a "it's getting darker than Amaz winter 2014" and then everyone was quiet for like ten seconds.

What happened with Amaz in winter 2014 again?

Type2

Everyone said aggro is on ladder. I played 7 matches tonight on ranked ladder. I got 6 control matches (like 2 priest, 2 paladin, 2 control mage) and 1 oil rogue.

So much for that =/

It happens sometimes. I think it is like a failsafe in case a player never connects to the match in the first place or something. Today I did get a win in arena seemingly before I even got into the match, so there might be another explanation.
It's just weird that I got the loss since I was the responsive player.
There is a decent amount of control out there. I finally faced that taunt ridden divine shield cancer paladin. I'm just salty cause I was playing zoo.

Zemm

The amount of people that leave the game after you shrinkmeister and cabal one of their cards as priest is crazy, not even a concede, just straight up rage alt + F4. I had it happen once in about a year, now I've had it happen about 4-5 times in a couple of days. I've tried to add them all as friends but unsurprisingly they all decline

Parshias7

So it's been about two months since I played Hearthstone regularly, and I signed on to get up above Rank 20 before the end of the season. I started at Rank 23. Went from 23 to 19 without losing a single match and completing the three Domination quests I had saved up. I feel dirty.

There was one point where my opponent played Lord or the Arena with Divine Spirit on it right into my Black Knight and I'm thinking, "I am so, so sorry. I just really need to get to 20 for the card back."

So it's been about two months since I played Hearthstone regularly, and I signed on to get up above Rank 20 before the end of the season. I started at Rank 23. Went from 23 to 19 without losing a single match and completing the three Domination quests I had saved up. I feel dirty.

There was one point where my opponent played Lord or the Arena with Divine Spirit on it right into my Black Knight and I'm thinking, "I am so, so sorry. I just really need to get to 20 for the card back."

Parshias7 bully BibleThump

ViviOggi

Nah dude you're providing them with a learning opportunity, with any luck they'll stop playing both Lord of the Assrena and silly buff gimmicks.

Dragner

Ive toying with rank 5-4 these days abd Im finally setting on 5. Im happy cause I played a lil less than usual because other games and streams took a lot of my time. Excited for blackrock cant wait.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
Tweaking my mage deck I'm currently stuck around rank 12.

I think I need to make a few swap outs to better get me up into the single digits.

I still lack a ton of cards, and have next to zero legendaries other than the Naxx stuff.

bjaelke

During the Viagame HouseCup a lot of people misunderstood my reasoning for using “emoji”. It was not a personnel attack on my opponents or BM – I would never in my life step on someone who is already lying on the ground.
What I am trying to say is that I am not some kind of new Reynad who only feeds by the BM and reactions from twitch chat.
I really hope this gives you another perspective on my attitude
:lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom