• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT3| Preparing for the Ball of Spiders Meta

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rapstah

Is Thaurissan going to not be run in any deck? Would Face Hunter not run a 6-mana spell that makes all of your current cards one mana cheaper? That's crazy.

cNXyoLI.png

I love this card. Even if it gets silenced it is a 3/6 for 4, and otherwise it is at the minimum a 4/6 for 4 and on average will be at least a 5/6 for 4. Coining this out turn 3 and following up with a Flame Shock and a 2-drop or a totem is going to be pretty nasty.

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
Forsens stream is gold, thinks its all rigged, all the rng

QFNS

Unconfirmed Member
Emperor Thaurissian is a 5/5 for 6 with a crazy ability.
Chromaggus is a 6/8 for 8 with a crazy ability.
Nefarian is a 8/8 for 9 with a pretty underwhelming ability.

They are doing cool things with Legendaries, except where it really matters. Nefarian's effect is really cool and interesting and flavorful, but nearly useless when the body is a 8/8 for 9mana. Its draw 2 unlikely to be useful spells. Such a bummer.

Chromaggus and Thaurissian on the other hand are amazing. The ability to draw 2 copies of every card for a couple turns is exactly the kind of powerful effect that would make a 8 mana card worth it in a deck and as a bonus the guy doesn't get destroyed by BGH. Thaurissian can be a really powerful efftect (assuming it stacks) if you can keep him alive for a couple turns your probably win outright with cheap cards being impossible to stop. Super cool idea. I hope the other cards are as interesting.

Magnus

Emperor Thaurissian is a 5/5 for 6 with a crazy ability.
Chromaggus is a 6/8 for 8 with a crazy ability.
Nefarian is a 8/8 for 9 with a pretty underwhelming ability.

They are doing cool things with Legendaries, except where it really matters. Nefarian's effect is really cool and interesting and flavorful, but nearly useless when the body is a 8/8 for 9mana. Its draw 2 unlikely to be useful spells. Such a bummer.

Chromaggus and Thaurissian on the other hand are amazing. The ability to draw 2 copies of every card for a couple turns is exactly the kind of powerful effect that would make a 8 mana card worth it in a deck and as a bonus the guy doesn't get destroyed by BGH. Thaurissian can be a really powerful efftect (assuming it stacks) if you can keep him alive for a couple turns your probably win outright with cheap cards being impossible to stop. Super cool idea. I hope the other cards are as interesting.

On the stream just now, Nefarian nabbed an Echo and a Flamestrike....I dunno. I think it's incredibly strong, even if it doesn't pull ultra useful spells. The RNG nature of it all makes it harder for an opponent to play around and predict what you've got. That's always fun for the game, imo.

I can't wait to pull a turn 10 Totem (Spellpower totem), Fireguard Destroyer (7/6), Crackle for 7 damage, and Crackle again for 7 damage. The RNG will be so delicious. I hope I get to do this to Kripp sometime.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
holoy fucking shit

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
The mother of all rngs

Good lord you troll blizzard

Dreavus

It's looking harder and harder to argue against the power creep. Consort should probably not be a 5/5 for 5 and that's just the beginning.

Also I feel like Chromaggus was intentionally 6 attack to dodge BGH, which once again shows the stranglehold that card has on the top end of minions. In some cases you would be hoping for your fireguard to NOT get the full +4 so he doesn't get shot.

Speaking of fireguard that thing has huge stats. 5~/6 on average for 4 mana(+ the overload) seems like a great deal.

Kumo

that twilight whelp is amazing. zombie chow without the drawback :OO

edit: holy shit these class cards are CRAZY

QFNS

Unconfirmed Member
On the stream just now, Nefarian nabbed an Echo and a Flamestrike....I dunno. I think it's incredibly strong, even if it doesn't pull ultra useful spells. The RNG nature of it all makes it harder for an opponent to play around and predict what you've got. That's always fun for the game, imo.

It's extremely variable though. What if you instead got Shield Slam and Inner Rage from a Warrior? Or Call Pet and Cobra Shot from Hunter? Etc. There are too many really bad spells from each class to end up with a net positive on the effect. On the whole you'll get 2 situationally useful cards most of the time. Compared to what you get from the other two legendaries, Nefarian is garbage.

I am really excited by Chromaggus though. Imagine running 2 more copies of every card in your deck... drool..

Mr Cola

What have we still got to see? Warlock card?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom