• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT3| Preparing for the Ball of Spiders Meta

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zemm

Still early but I feel like they're making it harder and harder to play around "things", removing or lowering that type of anticipation/predictive skill with these cards. We'll see. Not really a fan so far.

JoeMartin

nMYgATC.png
OfXjCcL.png
zoOZYqo.png
0gAsmPW.png
CsOfuQN.png
tRpJyox.png
m95Bbd2.png
hQQfaP8.png

edit: I missed one of the paladin cards because my mouse took a shit.

Do you mean Twilight Whelp? It's a 2/1 that gains two health if you have a Dragon in hand.

Edit: Nevermind. The two paladin cards are

Vigil: 5 Cost. Draw 2. Costs 1 less per death this turn.

Consort: 6 Cost. 5/5 Dragon. Battlecry: Next Dragon costs 2 less.

Rapstah

Gang Up seems like it can target enemy minions too, although the "choose a minion" text is new. Maybe it can target cards in your hand too. Weird.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Revenge is abysmal

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
Shuffle and the resurrect are my two favourite non legendarys

gutshot

Revenge should read "Pay 1 extra mana for Whirlwind. If you have 12 or less Health, just straight up kill your Grim Patrons instead."

Quick Shot is craaazy! I'd definitely play that over Wolfrider in Face Hunter.

Gang Up seems great, but I really don't know until I test it...I think it's only good if you're running that prep/sprint version of rogue...

I think I still prefer hellfire to demonwrath.

Majordomo Executus seems hilarious but I can't imagine it working out in constructed. Maybe it's another finisher in freeze mage? Or warrior, because of your armor?

JoeMartin

Ragnaros as your hero seems kinda crappy tho.

I mean, if you can get majordomo down and dead while at a high life count, your hero power alone pretty much wins you the game from the there, so I imagine more or less every control deck will run this.

But who really knows; until we have time to in practice apply the cards it's uneducated guesswork at best.

Shaman got buffed nicely I think. The 6 mana 5/5 that makes all your cards cheaper is insane and will be even more insane as soon as people build a miracle Rogue with him + stealthing him. I'm calling it right here, he'll absolutely wreck fools.

Dahbomb

Lmao they just buffed Face Hunter with that new Hunter spell card...

Why are there no new Druid spells? The 3 drop is good but the taunt is kinda bad.

Man when this expansion launches everyone is going to be running two BGHs LMAO!

The 6 mana 5/5 that decreases card costs is quite insane. The fact that the card costs are reduced permanently is damn huge.

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
I do love how rag went to face twice ignoring minions

ViviOggi

I mean, if you can get majordomo down and dead while at a high life count, your hero power alone pretty much wins you the game from the there, so I imagine more or less every control deck will run this.

If it's consistent with Jaraxxus it puts you at 8 health though

You'd essentially set up lethal for your opponent

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Gang Up seems super slow to me.

Resurrect seems insane, on the other hand.

JoeMartin

Lmao they just buffed Face Hunter with that new Hunter spell card...

I mean really the problem with face hunter is that you run out of steam pretty early with all your cheap minions and lack of card draw, so having Quickshot will allow you to both go face and draw more cards - it might even be enough make face hunter viable in the meta again.

If it's consistent with Jaraxxus it puts you at 8 health though

You'd essentially set up lethal for your opponent

Yeah I wasn't paying super close attention there, but yeh if it knocks you down to 8 health when majordomo dies then the card will likely be for win-more use. Trying to thread the needle with 8 health especially with the addition of even more RNG seems exceedingly unreliable.

Mr Cola

At some point druid has to get some flavorful cards, last two updates have shafted them good, maybe they worry about innervate combos too much

Currently use nothing from Goblins class specific outside of random fatigue decks, nor naxx

johnsmith

remember me
I mean really the problem with face hunter is that you run out of steam pretty early with all your cheap minions and lack of card draw, so having Quickshot will allow you to both go face and draw more cards - it might even be enough make face hunter viable in the meta again.
Have you not played ladder in the last month? Face hunter is plenty viable. It's one of the most common decks out there right now.

Dahbomb

Not sure if serious...

Iryx

So quick thoughts on the new reveals:

Chromaggus: Insanely good control card if you can get the effect to stick, basically the Kel'Thuzad of BRM.
Solemn Vigil: Seems pretty good, nice draw option for Paladin.
Dragon Consort: 5 mana 5/5 with targeted Innervate for dragons, seems like Paladins will be the go-to Dragon class to me.
Emperor Thaurassian: Seems insane at first glance, auto-include in all slower decks.
Fireguard Destroyer: Seems really strong, 4/6 at worst, turn 5 overload isn't that bad.
Majordomo Executus: 8 health is so low, you're basically going to die the turn after it triggers against most classes.
Druid of the Flame: Seems ok, nothing amazing.
Volcanic Lumberer: Seems really bad to me, Druids don't need a third expensive Taunt.
Quick Shot: Because Hunters needed better early game, it's Darkbomb with a draw if your hand is empty, seems like auto-include.
Twilight Whelp: Nice early game for dragon Priest, a drawback-less Zombie Chow.
Resurrect: I don't know, seems super gimmicky.
Gang Up: Spending mana to clog up your deck, it better be used on some amazing minion for it to be worth it.
Demonwrath: Nice demonlock aoe option, still triggers Nerubian Egg, seems good at least.
Revenge: It's terrible.

Kornflayx

Finally face hunter is relevant again

ViviOggi

Just noticed Twilight Whelp is a Priest card lmao, besides losing the Auchenai synergy you don't even care about your opponent's life total before turn 6
cBj1LTf.png

Gotchaye

Gang Up seems super slow to me.

Resurrect seems insane, on the other hand.

I want to like Resurrect but I feel like it's going to be very hard to get much out of. Obviously if you use it in the early game you're going to get an early game minion. Late game you're still pretty likely to get a Zombie Chow. If you have Piloted Shredders you can resurrect the random 2 drop. You can resummon Shrinkmeisters, Recombobulators, etc. Even some of Priest's bigger drops depend on battlecries, like Cabal Shadow Priest.

I think I'd always rather have Unstable Portal, even if you then have to pay the cost of the summoned minion minus three.

But who really knows; until we have time to in practice apply the cards it's uneducated guesswork at best.

Won't it reset your health to 8 like Jaraxxus sets your health to 15 regardless of what you were at when you play him? 8 is too low, you can easily be burst down from 8. The only way I could see it working is with Mage and Ice Block/Ice Barrier or with Warrior where you can add armor through spells/minions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom