• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT3| Preparing for the Ball of Spiders Meta

Status
Not open for further replies.

ViviOggi

Running 2x Conceal for Thaurissan and one MoD to follow up could be worthwhile, but you'd need to include other uses for the stealth for when you don't draw him. Edwin for sure, Violet Teacher is a decent target already and on top of that you could run a Cold Blood for the 1 mana 8 damage burst on any leftover minions. Oil/Miracle Rogue will definitely be interesting to experiment with.

Running 2x Conceal for Thaurissan and one MoD to follow up could be worthwhile, but you'd need to include other uses for the stealth for when you don't draw him. Edwin for sure, Violet Teacher is a decent target already and on top of that you could run a Cold Blood for the 1 mana 8 damage burst on any leftover minions. Oil/Miracle Rogue will definitely be interesting to experiment with.

Hogger would work well in that deck I think.

Xanathus

Seeing as one of the first class cards to be released with BRM is Quickshot, how do you think that card can fit into a Face Hunter deck? I'm using
http://www.hearthpwn.com/decks/136213-gvg-face-hunter-season-9-legend-24-na

as a base example. I think Leeroy needs to be cut and replaced with Quickshot if you're running Quickshot because it clogs up your hand. Another candidate is the 2nd UTH which would mean running just 1 UTH, or 1 Wolfrider because both of them effectively do just 3 damage but Quickshot has utility with the draw as well (and also can't be blocked by taunt). Actually come to think of it, most face hunter decks would probably just swap Wolfriders with Quickshot although you then lose synergy with Knife Juggler.

Seeing as one of the first class cards to be released with BRM is Quickshot, how do you think that card can fit into a Face Hunter deck? I'm using

as a base example. I think Leeroy needs to be cut and replaced with Quickshot if you're running Quickshot because it clogs up your hand. Another candidate is the 2nd UTH which would mean running just 1 UTH, or 1 Wolfrider because both of them effectively do just 3 damage but Quickshot has utility with the draw as well (and also can't be blocked by taunt). Actually come to think of it, most face hunter decks would probably just swap Wolfriders with Quickshot although you then lose synergy with Knife Juggler.

Like you said, it's either going to be UTH, wolfrider or leeroy, though leeroy is a strong finish and can be combined with uth for 2 more dmg if needed. Also could replace one worgen with it.

But seriously, fuck this card. Like Face Hunters really needed something so they can chain topdeck into more bullshit?

ViviOggi

But seriously, fuck this card. Like Face Hunters really needed something so they can chain topdeck into more bullshit?

headshot.gif
headshot.gif
grave.gif

Looks like someone at Blizz was missing the good old Soulfire face - tap - Doomguard play

Zemm

Trying to build a priest deck and it's hard to see where these dragons fit in whilst also trying not to get run over by face hunters and mech mages.

The meta definitely revolves around those two decks. I'm expecting to see a ton of face hunters (and aggro in general) to take advantage of everyone playing dragons, with quite a few paladins. At least for the first week or two (I think even longer).

Back on Majordomo, he might see use in Warrior. They can have armor up before the transformation. That being said, it's really only control Warrior who gets a lot of armor and can keep it. Not sure if it fits in that type of deck.

Dahbomb

I would replace one Eaglehorn with a Quickshot and one Wolfrider. I think two Eaglehorns are already a bit clunky in face Hunters especially with a Glaivezooka.

2 UTHs are essential for Hunters.

I wonder how long it will take them to raise the cost of Emperor to 7 (maybe with a stat boost as well) so Emperor+MoD will no longer be an option.

Parshias7

The only class I can see MajorDomo being played in is Mage with Ice Block.

I'm struggling to think of what the order of events would be here: have Ice Block up, play Majordomo when you're low on health (< 8 preferably) but before Ice Block is popped, have the Ice Block pop, kill Majordomo on your own turn, and play another Ice Block?

Seems like a lot of things could go wrong here, like your opponent killing Majordomo then popping your Ice Block afterwards. I guess this strat would lean on getting these cards' costs down before hand to be able to play them in a single turn.

CoolOff

I wonder how long it will take them to raise the cost of Emperor to 7 (maybe with a stat boost as well) so Emperor+MoD will no longer be an option.

It's also strange considering their whole "Dr Boom will be balanced when we introduce more good 7 cost cards". WHY NOT JUST MAKE EMPEROR 7 THEN.

I don't think a 10 mana combo that doesn't immediately do much other than put down a 6/6 and a 4/4 really needs a nerf. That's a slow play, especially for a class that can blow you out with Sharpsword Oil long before turn 10 ever rolls around. Even if they do bump his cost up to 7, Rogues can still use Conceal to make sure that he sticks around for at least two turns, which is more than enough. Emperor might wind up needing a nerf, but I don't think it has anything to do with Master of Disguise.

ViviOggi

I don't think a 10 mana combo that doesn't immediately do much other than put down a 6/6 and a 4/4 really needs a nerf. That's a slow play, especially for a class that can blow you out with Sharpsword Oil long before turn 10 ever rolls around. Even if they do bump his cost up to 7, Rogues can still use Conceal to make sure that he sticks around for at least two turns, which is more than enough. Emperor might wind up needing a nerf, but I don't think it has anything to do with Master of Disguise.
Exactly, unless somehow a legitimate control shell develops Rogue doesn't have the tools to deal with multiple lategame drops, at that point the game is lost and cheaper cards on turn 11 aren't going to change that.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
GAF I come back to you and humbly ask you to help me tweak my deck again! My current Mage deck has me topping out at rank 12. I still lack a ton of cards and lack legendaries. Yet I feel like maybe a small tweak or two could get me to crack the top 10.

GAF I come back to you and humbly ask you to help me tweak my deck again! My current Mage deck has me topping out at rank 12. I still lack a ton of cards and lack legendaries. Yet I feel like maybe a small tweak or two could get me to crack the top 10.

I would remove the Arcane Explosion for a second Mad Scientist. Then, when you mulligan, mulligan away any secrets. I'd also consider swapping out one (or both) Duplicates for a second Mirror Entity and possibly another Annoy-o-Tron (if you remove both Duplicates).

Vanillalite

I would remove the Arcane Explosion for a second Mad Scientist. Then, when you mulligan, mulligan away any secrets. I'd also consider swapping out one (or both) Duplicates for a second Mirror Entity and possibly another Annoy-o-Tron (if you remove both Duplicates).

I had two Annoys, but swapped one for Arcane cause I kept getting matched against Pallys. Maybe I should swap that for either the Scientist or Annoy.

Also I only have 1 mirror entry hence I went with 2 dupes. :/

I thought you guys said the general rule was don't run 2 scientists if I'm running 3 or fewer secrets. Only do it if I run 4+?

ViviOggi

Except for a single Harvest Golem you don't have a turn 3 play. You don't want to spend mana on playing secrets, you want the broken Mad Scientist to fetch them for you and use turn 3 to build your board with preferably Tinkertown Technicians and Spider Tanks. If you don't have all of these cards a second Harvest Golem is fine too, you simply need 3-drops.

Also cut the Flamecannon and some of your 4-drops (1x Polymorph - using these in the midgame gives up too much tempo, 1-2x Water Ele and/or a Flamestrike) for some nice cancerous 1-drops like Cockmaster and Clockwerk Gnome. You may run more controlling lategame than most Mech Mages but you're still need to consistently be able to survive until that point, which Mech decks and -Mage in particular only achieve by spamming the board early.

The Ooze isn't really worth the slot either as Annoytron, Chugga and Water Eles if you decide to keep them destroy weapon classes as is.

I thought you guys said the general rule was don't run 2 scientists if I'm running 3 or fewer secrets. Only do it if I run 4+?
You run two Scientists whenever you're running secrets at all, then mulligan the latter away like Soka said. Their value even with only two Entities is still off the fucking charts.

Vanillalite

Except for a single Harvest Golem you don't have a turn 3 play. You don't want to spend mana on playing secrets, you want the broken Mad Scientist to fetch them for you and use turn 3 to build your board with preferably Tinkertown Technicians and Spider Tanks. If you don't have all of these cards a second Harvest Golem is fine too, you simply need 3-drops.

Also cut the Flamecannon and some of your 4-drops (1x Polymorph - using these in the midgame gives up too much tempo, 1-2x Water Ele and/or a Flamestrike) for some nice cancerous 1-drops like Cockmaster and Clockwerk Gnome. You may run more controlling lategame than most Mech Mages but you're still need to consistently be able to survive until that point, which Mech decks and -Mage in particular only achieve by spamming the board early.

The Ooze isn't really worth the slot either as Annoytron, Chugga and Water Eles if you decide to keep them destroy weapon classes as is.

You run two Scientists whenever you're running secrets at all, then mulligan the latter away like Soka said. Their value even with only two Entities is still off the fucking charts.

Thanks boss. Will edit my deck some at lunch!

CoolOff

For people that are more interested in Arena than Contructed, ADWCTA of Heartharena fame did a really extensive meta review of the cards in Blackrock:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gEWZjybgAQY&feature=youtu.be

It's way more in depth than any review I've seen even from the constructed-side of things.

Oh, and also know that Warrior is gonna suck even more now, in case that's not obvious. Because Blizzard hates Warrior. Just absolutely hates Warrior. Not even a little bit of love. It's like Garrosh did something bad or something, like maybe he's an evil person.

rickyson1

it's incredible how rare warriors are in arena

in 142 games since I started tracking my stats i've played against a warrior 4 times

I mean....wow

and blackrock mountains probably gonna make it even worse

Parshias7

Warrior is the worst class in Arena... until your 10-11 win deck gets matched up against one. Then you know this dude has the craziest fucking draft and is about to steamroll you with like 3 Fiery Win Axes, 2 Dr. Booms, etc.

it's incredible how rare warriors are in arena

in 142 games since I started tracking my stats i've played against a warrior 4 times

I mean....wow

and blackrock mountains probably gonna make it even worse

I would not be so sure ctrl warrior gets some good cards from the expansion. We will have to wait and see how brm shakes up the meta. Im just afraid that facehuntard is going to be even more common.

Dahbomb

You know what the best part about Blackrock Mountain is?

No annoying sticky Deathrattle minions. The only Deathrattle minion might actually speed up the game in YOUR favor...

ViviOggi

Current CW won't be able to deal with the power creep, War Axe and Death's Bite are not enough to stabilize against a bunch of 3cc 3/5 and 4cc x/6 minions. I expect it to gravitate further towards a stronger midgame board presence, like it has with a number of lists running Shredder etc., in order to survive as an archetype.

You know what the best part about Blackrock Mountain is?

No annoying sticky Deathrattle minions. The only Deathrattle minion might actually speed up the game in YOUR favor...
Church. Deathrattles are the bane of my existence.

I would not be so sure ctrl warrior gets some good cards from the expansion. We will have to wait and see how brm shakes up the meta. Im just afraid that facehuntard is going to be even more common.

Well Warrior will still be great in constructed.

Arena though..

Just feels like Warrior doesn't have a great solid card. Most are only weapons and the rest play with armor which you can't guarrentee in arena. Like if we had something solid akin to Water ele, then itd be good.

Warsong Commander fix is going to really help out though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom