• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT3| Preparing for the Ball of Spiders Meta

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zemm

haha I've just had this happen to me, add this to the DR BALANCED catalogue. He sapped him one turn earlier so I had 3 boombots on the board.

r3lZpfQ.png

Zemm

Just had someone message me calling me a "retard" :'(((

Stilnox was the guy, in bad broken English too, could taste the sweet salty tears.

ViviOggi

The Paladin matchup isn't even worth trying. Have some more fun with CW because once the key Paladin BRM cards hit you can straight up delete the deck.

CoolOff

The Paladin matchup isn't even worth trying. Have some more fun with CW because once the key Paladin BRM cards hit you can straight up delete the deck.

Yeah, it's similar to playing Freeze Mage and facing Control Warrior. Your time is better spent conceding.

gutshot

Updated the collection spreadsheet for BRM: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1p94gq_GGTw8L1MeyBOCwoGu6nsjcGP8W_U9vsL8hTLQ/edit?usp=sharing

This update moves the Adventures onto their own tab, so if you had an existing spreadsheet and you want to update without having to re-enter all your cards, you have to follow a few steps.

Step 1: Add the Adventures tab to your spreadsheet.
Step 2: Delete Naxx from Classic and copy and paste the card total cells (J6:N10) from the new spreadsheet onto your old one.
Step 3: Copy and paste the new Overview sheet onto the old Overview sheet.
Step 4: Re-enter your Naxx cards.
Step 5: ??????
Step 6: Profit

embalm

Bane of doom should have stayed shitty. Now it can spawn one of the best minions in the game for like roughly 3 mana. Congrats on a stronger unstable portal bliz.

edit:
Wow someone already tried bane of doom on me - into counterspell!

lmao, casual so casual...

Dude runs his voidcaller into my sylvanas despite his being played first and then I get a free infernal. And then concedes... 100 damage to face is so easy on ranked cause no one concedes so fast...
If you compare Bane of Doom to Fire Elemental or Blackwing Corruptor it looks much more balanced.

RNG plays a big factor since on a bad summon it could cost you the game, on a good summon you might win. Overall you will get about 4 mana worth of minion(4/5 stats) which is on par with Blackwing Corruptor, but you trade the 1 damage for no dragon required.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"

Shielded Minibot loves to counter Fiery Win Axe.

If you compare Bane of Doom to Fire Elemental or Blackwing Corruptor it looks much more balanced.

RNG plays a big factor since on a bad summon it could cost you the game, on a good summon you might win. Overall you will get about 4 mana worth of minion(4/5 stats) which is on par with Blackwing Corruptor, but you trade the 1 damage for no dragon required.

I think the problem is the variance is way too high. And higher than mage in terms of impact than unstable portal since it plays the card for free, or at the cost of bane being shitty I guess.

I dunno, I just think it should have stayed bad. 1 less high RNG card in the game.

i hope blizzard makes a card with 'deathrattle: replace your hero with silver hand recruit'

i also hope someone makes a thread on reddit bitching about bane of doom not disenchanting for full value cause i have 3

Pooya

Now that I have looked at all the cards better, this time legendary cards are so much better than Naxx, at least right now. fun times ahead on the ladder this season with new cards every week!

Szadek

Now that I have looked at all the cards better, this time legendary cards are so much better than Naxx, at least right now. fun times ahead on the ladder this season with new cards every week!
Let's see:
Emperor Thaurissan is obviously awesome.
Majordomo Executus is a fun card,but not competitive.Although,not everything needs to be competitive.
I'm pretty sure we will see some cool stream and videos with him, also because of sneeds.
Rend Blackhand is good in the right meta,but not right now.
I think we will see Chromaggus played.mostly because he is a dragon for 8 with a good effect.It's also not too hard to get value from his effect the turn you play him.
I could be wrong,but I think Nefarian will probably be a low budget replacement for Ysera and little more.
That's really not too bad.It's nice to have cheap alternatives.

Dahbomb

First week has Emperor AND Quick Shot?

Should be fun although Kripparian continues to pour some heavy salt over Quick Shot.

Servbot #42

Unconfirmed Member
WOOOOOO i made it to rank 4, that's probably as far as i'm gonna go since this season is over today. Climbing up ranks has made me realize something, i barely see hunter ranks 7 and above, Warrior and rogue is all the rage at those ranks. Also while i was writing this i got into a game vs a Hunter and this happened:

clav

Was at Rank 16 at one point.

Maybe next year.

Playing the game every day just to complete 1 of the 3 quests. Sometimes I can complete two.

Haunted

I love bug fixes for things I wasn't even aware of.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ikvynep8xig

Why did Bane of Doom not summon all demons before anyways? I didn't even know that.
I didn't either.

Updated the collection spreadsheet for BRM: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1p94gq_GGTw8L1MeyBOCwoGu6nsjcGP8W_U9vsL8hTLQ/edit?usp=sharing

This update moves the Adventures onto their own tab, so if you had an existing spreadsheet and you want to update without having to re-enter all your cards, you have to follow a few steps.

Step 1: Add the Adventures tab to your spreadsheet.
Step 2: Delete Naxx from Classic and copy and paste the card total cells (J6:N10) from the new spreadsheet onto your old one.
Step 3: Copy and paste the new Overview sheet onto the old Overview sheet.
Step 4: Re-enter your Naxx cards.
Step 5: ??????
Step 6: Profit
Nice, thanks for the update!

Levi

Banned
You SHOULD lose to Paladin like 90% of the time if they play it smart and don't overcommit. It's just gonna happen, dudes >>>>>> armor up. They hardly even need to play anything to win, and they have enough removal to deal with your threats.

You should have a much better win rate vs. oil rogue, something like 70%+. ..

Thanks for the advice! I thought Harrison was the key to beating Rogue/Pally but I'm going to try the changes you suggest. Gorehowl has been doing work, though, removing minions every turn and I've even seen opponents hesitate to put minions on the board when I have it equipped. Rag likes to kill a 1/1 and get BGHed.

Ha! I will be rather disappointed if all my decks don't look a lot different a month from now. (except my Druid decks which might have 1 or 2 cards changed around since Blizzard has apparently decided the classic/basic set is good enough).

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
i hope blizzard makes a card with 'deathrattle: replace your hero with silver hand recruit'

i also hope someone makes a thread on reddit bitching about bane of doom not disenchanting for full value cause i have 3
Yeah, your hero becomes a 1/1 Silver Hand Recruit, you are invulnerable until the start of your turn, and have a divine shield. You have a 1/8 weapon that reads "At the start of your attack, gain divine shield". And your hero power becomes 5 mana, summon Quarter Master, which will give you +2/+2 since you are a Silver Hand Recruit.

First season really trying to push legend. Got 2 stars into rank 1 about 10 days ago and then completely lost it. Ended up as far back as rank 9 experimenting with various decks. Pushed easily back to 5 with Strife's Pally deck. I think 5 is good! It is a much harder grind than i expected.

Levi

Banned
Play CW, queue up two Paladins in a row. Switch to Druid, queue up a Priest who gets tons of draw while I'm top decking innervates on an empty hand for turns 11 and 12.

gutshot

Is this spectate-reward seriously gonna be a daily quest?

So there is a new daily quest of "Spectate your friend winning a game" and the reward is a classic pack.

Oh wow. It's a daily quest? That's awesome. Blizz finally trying to make it a bit easier for new players to get classic cards. I still need a bunch of cards from the classic set myself, so I'll be rerolling for this quest everyday.

I don't have any friends who play this game.

Post your Battle.net tag here. People will add you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom