• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT3| Preparing for the Ball of Spiders Meta

Status
Not open for further replies.

Majine

Banned
INNI #2364 (EU) :)

ibdhdtyh0rnOoQ.jpg

Still lost it. Still worth it.

CoolOff

People need to post server if they mostly stick to one.

worakl#2366 - Mostly arena on EU and NA, just picked up my Asia-account as well.

Oh, and draft Malganis as the first card, proceed to not get offered a single Voidcaller. #justarenathings

Did my daily quests this evening and had enough coin to purchase two packs. Grabbed two classic and the first one was mostly crap, but the second contained a golden Cenarius!

Now, I don't really like playing Druid so I dusted that bad boy and picked up a Dr. Balanced. While I am quite excited to have one of the strongest Legendaries currently in the game, I can't help but feel a bit dirty...

Kettch

I wish they had at least made quick shot like a charge minion or something. Way to make taunts even more irrelevant.

You're basically forced to run healing now, with hunter and mage being the primary aggro decks. Never thought I would wish to go back to the zoo days.

Levi

Banned
Decided to switch to Paladin to end the season, went three in a row with some ridiculous curves on the way.

The highlight was a mirror match, T1 Zombie Chow, T2 Knife Juggler (opponent makes a dude), Turn 3 Muster for Battle (kills opponent's dude for free, opponent coins a piloted shredder), Turn 4 Piloted Shredder (Opponent plays Aldor against shredder, off curve), T5 Belcher. I won handily. He never drew an equality and had to play consecration when I had several minions over 2 HP.

Did my daily quests this evening and had enough coin to purchase two packs. Grabbed two classic and the first one was mostly crap, but the second contained a golden Cenarius!

Now, I don't really like playing Druid so I dusted that bad boy and picked up a Dr. Balanced. While I am quite excited to have one of the strongest Legendaries currently in the game, I can't help but feel a bit dirty...

Dude, you messed up. Golden Cenarius is holding a shimmering rainbow. Best golden minion in the game. (Best golden card in the game is golden unstable portal).

Also, reposting my battletag for the new page:

Add me! Levi#1147
North America.

Love to spectate and be spectated.

CoolOff

The Hearthstone-reddit is doing an April fools thing. Just look up any thread and see if you notice it.

Hard not to.

Type2

Add me at Type2 #1944 on NA. Love to play games against people and get some deck/play feedback as long as it's constructive.

Dude, you messed up. Golden Cenarius is holding a shimmering rainbow. Best golden minion in the game. (Best golden card in the game is golden unstable portal).

I couldn't help myself. As an old-school WoW Rogue player, I've always held a grudge against Druids for trying to match my DPS/taking my leather gear. No amount of golden rainbows can change that!

I grindined enough arena today to craft a legend. I might just wait though. I don't have dr. boom yet, but I kinda want ysera more. And ysera could be very good in the upcoming meta. I've kinda always wanted a ysera, way more than I've ever wanted a dr. boom, so I might just go ahead and craft it.

Actually, does the new legendary double up on special cards that aren't drawn from your deck (Ysera cards, spare parts, Cho/Gallywix, etc)?

I'm assuming not because then any bounce that spawns a card in your hand (freezing trap, sap) would give you double of that minion.

Levi

Banned
Actually, does the new legendary double up on special cards that aren't drawn from your deck (Ysera cards, spare parts, Cho/Gallywix, etc)?

I'm assuming not because then any bounce that spawns a card in your hand (freezing trap, sap) would give you double of that minion.

No. They have even changed the text on Ysera. Before she said "Draw a Dream Card", and now she says "Add a Dream Card".

Volimar

They're actually clarifying the text on Ysera to make sure you know it isn't actually drawing the cards. Doesn't count as a Neff so we don't get that tasty full dust value that we get when they nerd cards though.

Levi

Banned
Hearthstone servers (in NA at least) seem to be toast right now. :( I'm so close to ending the season at 8 instead of 9.

Yep, I started to play some ranked... won 1, hitting rank 3... then while I'm winning... dc... reconnect... dc a few turns later... now can't even find a game before disconnecting.

Volimar

Does anyone know where Trump ended the season? I was watching him stream and he got to legendary 15, but was afraid he'd decay before the season ended. He didn't want to lose tourney points, so he kept playing. Started losing and go down to like 115 when I stopped watching.

Does anyone know where Trump ended the season? I was watching him stream and he got to legendary 15, but was afraid he'd decay before the season ended. He didn't want to lose tourney points, so he kept playing. Started losing and go down to like 115 when I stopped watching.

He fell to near 400 and stopped streaming. So sad, and he nearly broke the cycle too BibleThump.

I am the 20%.

Feels good man.

That's kind of shocking that rank 13 is so high to be honest. But I guess if you postulate that the vast majority of people haven't been playing since beta/dropped much (if any) cash on the game, it kind of makes sense. Especially if a lot of people don't play ranked or play it very casually.

New text though with that percentage thing, must've come out with the patch today. I'd guess Legend is slightly less than the top 1% (but I don't know what it would say on the text there - it might cap at X% rather than go into specific detail.)

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
That's kind of shocking that rank 13 is so high to be honest. But I guess if you postulate that the vast majority of people haven't been playing since beta/dropped much (if any) cash on the game, it kind of makes sense. Especially if a lot of people don't play ranked or play it very casually.

New text though with that percentage thing, must've come out with the patch today. I'd guess Legend is slightly less than the top 1% (but I don't know what it would say on the text there - it might cap at X% rather than go into specific detail.)

The last time they shared stats: http://us.battle.net/hearthstone/en...de-chat-youre-better-than-you-think-9-18-2014

bjaelke

They should provide us with rank 1-19 stats since rank 20 is made up of people playing for the card back with no intention of climbing the ladder.

IceMarker

This aggro meta that's been in Hearthstone for months can go suck a big one, I've run into 6 rush decks from 5 different classes in a row in CASUAL.

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
They should provide us with rank 1-19 stats since rank 20 is made up of people playing for the card back with no intention of climbing the ladder.

Well, you can calculate it out for people above rank 15, so if you disclude 25-16 you get:

Legend top 2%, rank 5 top 10%, and rank 10 top 32%, with the bottom 68% being 15 to 11.

JohnCYQ

Eclipze#1871 on NA servers.

Trying to theorycraft that Dragon Paladin deck that people are talking about, for now I'm considering something like this:

http://www.hearthpwn.com/decks/218304-brm-dragon-paladin-theorycraft

Since there's only going to be 7 dragons in the deck, I felt that 1-of for each of the "holding dragon" cards is better as you might not draw into a dragon within the first few turns. Considering dropping the corrupter for a second belcher too, although having that extra ping damage would be nice.

Anyone else with their own theory-list?

Szadek

I got to rank 13 without even trying.I only played for dailies.
This month is going to be crazy with all the new cards,so I'm not sure if I want to try it again.

squidyj

Eclipze#1871 on NA servers.

Trying to theorycraft that Dragon Paladin deck that people are talking about, for now I'm considering something like this:

http://www.hearthpwn.com/decks/218304-brm-dragon-paladin-theorycraft

Since there's only going to be 7 dragons in the deck, I felt that 1-of for each of the "holding dragon" cards is better as you might not draw into a dragon within the first few turns. Considering dropping the corrupter for a second belcher too, although having that extra ping damage would be nice.

Anyone else with their own theory-list?

okay there's 7 dragons in the deck and you want to know if you'll have one in hand for a turn 3 technician.

Lets forget about mulling for a second. going first by turn 3 you'll have seen 6 cards in your deck assuming no card draw. (this also works turn 2 with the coin going second)
since any dragon you draw will still be in hand you have

23/30 * 22/29 * 21/28 * 20/27 * 19/26 * 18/25 = 0.17~~~~
or a 17% chance to have NO dragons.

Accounting for mulligans you'll have a lower chance obviously because in a lot of matchups dragons will not be kept while certain cards that are not dragons will be kept. so the first three cards are weighted towards non-dragon cards

Rapstah

I think they fixed the bug (?) where you could play a card in the split second before the first turn starts. :(

Edit: All Hunter secrets seem to make the "someone got an Eaglehorn Bow charge!" sound now every time they trigger.

Fake hearthstone patch notes this year are pretty bleh and trying way too hard... Hope the rest of Blizzard's april fools will be as good as Big Head mode over in Heroes of the Storm.

Magnus

First golden legendary ever! And one I don't have in normal form, to boot....I don't know if I should keep him.... advice?

YA1JpQh.jpg

First golden legendary ever! And one I don't have in normal form, to boot....I don't know if I should keep him.... advice?

YA1JpQh.jpg

He was my first golden legendary as well... I put him in a few fun decks, then GvG dropped and I DEed him for Dr. Boom... do not in the least bit regret it. If there are any 'real' legendaries you need, don't feel bad about DEing him... unless you're one of those fools trying to get 100% golden of all cards... of which only the richest of people will ever achieve.

Magnus

He was my first golden legendary as well... I put him in a few fun decks, then GvG dropped and I DEed him for Dr. Boom... do not in the least bit regret it. If there are any 'real' legendaries you need, don't feel bad about DEing him... unless you're one of those fools trying to get 100% golden of all cards... of which only the richest of people will ever achieve.

Hell no. I'm function over form for now. And thankfully, due to droppin' some moolah this winter on the game, I'm actually doing alright for legendaries. I'm not totally hurting for any one in particular, but damn if I'm not interested in grabbing a dragon or two to work with dragon decks this month. I don't think I have any of the dragon legendaries....Alex, Deathwing, Malygos, Nozdormu, Ysera....I might make one. Already have 5000 dust banked, so I won't need to DE him for a bit...

Circle of Healing has been renamed Oval of Healing upon discovery that Hearthstone boards are not circular.

lol

Lumine

I can't decide if I want to get BRM with gold or actual money. I didn't regret buying Naxx, but it was still low on actual fun content for its price. Thankfully the cards were really good. This is even pricier it seems. Still, it's probably better to spend money on it now rather than on packs later. However at this point I'd have to be really lucky to still get some good cards out of packs. Even if I opened 35. I guess the smart thing to do would be to save all the gold for the inevitable next larger expansion, but I don't think I can do that. Opening packs is part of the fun, kind of. :p
So yeah, I can't decide. :(

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
Been going back and forth on whether to craft For Reaper 4000 with my 1600 dust, took a while to accrue this and since BRM wont need dust im tempted, wonder how viable it is in actual decks though.

Except for Loatheb, are there any other Naxx cards that are being used constantly in high level play(tournament or legend rank decks)?

Mad scientist

Chow

Shade

Belcher

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
Quickshot will do nothing against my long awaited double resurrect taunt only priest deck

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom