• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT3| Preparing for the Ball of Spiders Meta

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lol the april fools patch notes.

To make things more convenient, Tirion Fordring will now silence himself when summoned.

We’ve fixed a bug with Animal Companion that sometimes caused the spell to not summon Huffer.

Fixed an error where Skill Command was incorrectly named Kill Command. The Hunter spell will now correctly do damage based on the caster’s skill at Hearthstone.

FeD.nL

The first card to unlock in naxx was the undertaker. Think about that.. Hunter dominance is what blizzard likes

Damn you're right. I guess it makes sense for Blizzard since it's a pretty cheap deck that's easy to pilot, I just wish there was some drop off point for the deck where it becomes less viable but ah well, another 6-8 months of Hunter decks deciding the meta.

edit; And now I feel extra stupid -.-, guess quitting posting is the best way for today.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
The first card to unlock in naxx was the undertaker. Think about that.. Hunter dominance is what blizzard likes

Uh, no it wasn't. Undertaker is the reward for Patchwerk, which is in the construct quarter, or the fourth wing. The actual first card to unlock was Haunted Creeper, and Nerubian Egg was in the same wing. That lead to Week 1 Warlock dominance, not Hunter.

So can you just spectate a friend who is playing against another friend who just concedes and complete the quest? Or do you have to spectate them in Play Mode? I can't find this info anywhere.

dave is ok

aztek is ok
I bought 20 dollars in battle.net money from a store. I try to buy the adventure with that. No dice, you need 25 dollars. You can't partial pay like every other store on the internet.

I go to add money from a debit card, only can add multiples of 10 - oh well. I add it. Says it will take 1-3 days to process.

So I needed to speak with a CSR to a.) spend only the 5 dollars I needed to and b.) have it processed immediately and I still have 10 dollars I don't want being added to my account.

Dynamic3

Is there anyone on here who consistently gets to legend who I can friend on b.net so I can spy on some of your games while you ladder? :)

suaveric

So just some funny patch notes for April Fools Day? I was hoping that every other card you played you becomes an annoy-o-tron.

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
I thought it was real, i logged in to see the Harrison jones museum :(

I really wanted to see it

Danj

Congrats man! I'm curious, what do you think has helped more, unlocking the Naxx cards or just getting better at the game in general?

Both have been key I think. The Trump Teachings were really important and helpful, I know I was kinda dismissive of them to start with but after I watched all of them my game really improved. Naxx cards have let me put together a Mage deck that's more powerful than Trump's basic L10 deck that he shows in the Teachings videos, which has also helped.

I still haven't managed Heroic mode on Naxx though, it seems like I need a lot more dust before I can create the cards needed to make the decks needed for those.

haaaaa Blizzard is awesome. Can't believe they picked today of all days. Downloading on my iphone right now but 4G is being slow...

Anyone have any impressions yet?

Special C

I don't mind face hunters. I think it's a perfectly viable way to play. But man, there are some dumb players around. I was playing a Mid-Range Beast hunter and I had a 10 attack Scavenging Hyena on the board. I have 7 health and my opponent plays Arcane Golem and Steady shot brining me down to 1. He had 13 health.

I know the Mantra is Face Face Face but you HAVE to remove the Scavenging Hyena there with the Golem while at 13 health. I hadn't shown either Eaglehorn Bow or Kill Command at that point and I had 3 cards in hand. I happened to have one of each.

Beast hunter is just too much fun. Pulling off the Knife Juggler/Unleash Combo just after a Mech mage has dumped their entire hand is great. Also love the Knife Juggler/Snake Trap combos that kill the minion that is attacking the juggler. Nothing beats the Turn 5 Tundra Rhino into Turn 6 Highmane though.

Magnus

I love Randuin, FD Hunter and Deathrattle Shaman so much, despite how inconsistent and awful they can be. They're just so much fun.

Special C

I feel like Blizzard missed a chance here. They should have posted that Dr. Boom was getting nerfed to a 6/7. Some people would have actually believed it.

IceMarker

please don't hurt me
ek3LmtX.gif

You made me check Google Play! RIP

Danj

Is there any advantage to preordering Blackrock Mountain, other than the card back? Will the price go up after it comes out?

Is there any advantage to preordering Blackrock Mountain, other than the card back? Will the price go up after it comes out?

I seriously doubt the price will ever go up. It may get discounted at some point in the future (not any time soon), but I don't think it will go up. When Naxx launched, they actually gave the first wing for free if you claimed it in the first week or two, so people buying it after that giveaway period were paying more than early adopters, but that doesn't appear to be the case this time.

gutshot

I don't mind face hunters. I think it's a perfectly viable way to play. But man, there are some dumb players around. I was playing a Mid-Range Beast hunter and I had a 10 attack Scavenging Hyena on the board. I have 7 health and my opponent plays Arcane Golem and Steady shot brining me down to 1. He had 13 health.

I know the Mantra is Face Face Face but you HAVE to remove the Scavenging Hyena there with the Golem while at 13 health. I hadn't shown either Eaglehorn Bow or Kill Command at that point and I had 3 cards in hand. I happened to have one of each.

Beast hunter is just too much fun. Pulling off the Knife Juggler/Unleash Combo just after a Mech mage has dumped their entire hand is great. Also love the Knife Juggler/Snake Trap combos that kill the minion that is attacking the juggler. Nothing beats the Turn 5 Tundra Rhino into Turn 6 Highmane though.

Tundra Rhino is a very powerful card in the right kind of deck. I feel like a mid-range beast hunter deck built around it is almost viable. The main problem I was having with it when I played it was getting rushed down by face hunter and mech mage. Quick Shot may help with that. I'll probably drop my Call Pets for 2 Quick Shots once this wing releases and see how that works out. Call Pet isn't as terrible as I thought it would be, but it's just not consistent enough to be worth a slot.

Gotchaye

Collecting from a reddit thread (probably this is mixing up some EU and NA stats):

Rank | Percentile

L | 0.25%
2 | 0.3%
3 | 0.5%
4 | 1% 2%
5 | 2%
6 | 3%
8 | 5%
9 | 6% 7%
10 | 9%
11 | 15% (?) 12% (EU)
12 | 15%
13 | 20%
14 | 25%
15 | 30%
16 | 40%
17 | 45%
18 | 50%

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Collecting from a reddit thread (probably this is mixing up some EU and NA stats):

Rank | Percentile

L | 0.25%
2 | 0.3%
3 | 0.5%
4 | 1% 2%
5 | 2%
6 | 3%
8 | 5%
9 | 6% 7%
10 | 9%
11 | 15% (?) 12% (EU)
12 | 15%
13 | 20%
14 | 25%
15 | 30%
16 | 40%
17 | 45%
18 | 50%

I went up to 8 just doing the vast majority of my dailies in ranked.

That said, I have pretty reasonable decks for my classes, though some thrashed around a lot.

Avinexus

Rank | Percentile

L | 0.25%
2 | 0.3%
3 | 0.5%
4 | 1% 2%
5 | 2%
6 | 3%
8 | 5%
9 | 6% 7%
10 | 9%
11 | 15% (?) 12% (EU)
12 | 15%
13 | 20%
14 | 25%
15 | 30%
16 | 40%
17 | 45%
18 | 50%

Rank 11 is 12% on US.

caesar

Banned
Pretty much nothing seperates your avg legend player from a rank 2 player... so its all quite pointless dick waving percentages around. I mean if im in the top 0.25%... I feel casul so I guess blizz accomplished their goal.

Xanathus

Twitch question, anyone know why I keep getting the login prompt when I try to chat even though I have logged in? It even shows my profile on the left side.

Aylinato

Was rank 12, then I decided to experiment. Went down to 16. Top 20

Also I will make a dragon shaman deck and I WILL wreck everyone. Think of it. 4 fire elementals basically

TetraxShards #2191, on EU. Might start playing F2P on NA for funsies.

The card pack quest is real BTW, I got it yesterday (thanks again to Oggi for helping me out). I got a gold Misdirection in the pack, not a good card, but hey, 100 dust as and when required.

rickyson1

so I pretty much just play arena so I get pretty much exclusively gvg packs,what would I be better off doing with my dust?

I recently crafted dr boom and am over a thousand dust again already,keeping in mind that I don't get classic packs would I be better off crafting useful classic rare and epics that i'm missing which is quite a few of them or crafting another legendary?(other than dr boom I have Gahz'rilla,Bolvar Fordragon,Cairne Bloodhoof,Illidan Stormrage,The Beast so there's obviously quite a few I could craft)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom