• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT3| Preparing for the Ball of Spiders Meta

Status
Not open for further replies.

KePoW

Banned
He plays almost exclusively Arena, and is very good at it. It's more than possible that he earned the vast majority of those cards. When I was watching him (don't get the time now cause I'm at work when he's on), he'd always spend any gold over 4K after awhile so he was buying maybe 3-4 packs a day on top of the pack from every run.

I remember watching him on GVG launch day and he was crating gold legendaries like they were commons.

And to be fair, I don't begrudge him buying packs with money. It's his job, having all the cards is just a good investment on his part. It's not like Amaz buying 40 packs every time WHOOP WHOOP IT'S DA SOUND OF DA POLICE happens (I still like Amaz though).

oh don't get me wrong, there's nothing wrong with buying packs for money. I've done that a lot

I just meant Kripp gets a good amount of money from donations/subs that he has used to buy packs. So he hasn't earned all 160k (or however much) of that dust himself

oh don't get me wrong, there's nothing wrong with buying packs for money. I've done that a lot

I just meant Kripp gets a good amount of money from donations/subs that he has used to buy packs. So he hasn't earned all 160k (or however much) of that dust himself

When you play arena a lot dust really does tend to stack up quite a bit. Just doing 1-2 days of arena I earned enough for a legend pretty much. And the highest dust card I got was a gold epic. This guy seems to have been saving up for over a year or longer... that is pretty crazy. And he has like 8 hour streams. Nuts.

Got a bug where I lost my Plague Quarter Wing. I got a playful sprites error and when I logged back in, I couldn't play my mage deck anymore. Looked in my collection and saw that I didn't have Duplicate or Loatheb anymore, then I went into Solo Adventures and saw that Plague Quarter was locked again. Sent a ticket to Blizzard to see if this can get resolved :/

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
Rolled the new pack daily :D

Wonder if its a one off?

Got a bug where I lost my Plague Quarter Wing. I got a playful sprites error and when I logged back in, I couldn't play my mage deck anymore. Looked in my collection and saw that I didn't have Duplicate or Loatheb anymore, then I went into Solo Adventures and saw that Plague Quarter was locked again. Sent a ticket to Blizzard to see if this can get resolved :/

Try changing your password. http://us.battle.net/hearthstone/en/forum/topic/16858395941

Neptulon is pretty OP.

hearthstonescreenshot6jlnp.png

Dahbomb

I already know it's a damn good card, I said it the moment it was revealed.

However, Kripp's salt over Quick Shot is reaching over dose levels at the moment.

Can't wait for the "How good is Quick Shot?" video.

Rapstah

I think I came up with the optimal answer for Amaz's scenario where your opponent has 30 health and 970 armour and no cards, and you need to deal as much damage as possible with any four collectible cards in your hand and ten mana to use on them. You have perfect control over RNG.

Lorewalker Cho + Unstable Portal + Mind Vision * 2

Play Lorewalker Cho (2 mana). Play Unstable Portal (3 mana, total 5 mana), which gives you a Sorcerer's Apprentice. Play it (0 mana because of discount, total 5 mana) Play Mind Vision (0 mana because of Sorcerer's Apprentice, total 5 mana) to get Unstable Portal from your opponent. Play Unstable Portal (2 mana because of Sorcerer's Apprentice, total 7 mana) again to get a Warsong Commander, and play it (0 mana because of discount, total 7 mana).

Infinity times, play Mind Vision and get a free Mind Vision from your opponent because we have perfect control of the RNG.

The infinity plus 1th time, get Unstable Portal from your opponent instead. Play it (2 mana, total 9 mana). Get Edwin VanCleef, play him (0 mana because of discount, total of 9 mana). He gets 2 + infinity*2 attack, and apparently gains Charge from the Warsong Commander because that card checks his base stats, which are 2/2. Attack with him.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
I rejiggered my midrange Dragon Paladin.

Jv9M4ZN.jpg

It's still not running any Belchers or Healbots. Instead I opted for double Zombie Chow. I kind of feel like Midrange Pally needs those chows to deal with the early aggression because it's not consistent to get minibots in your opening mulligan, and I hate running just one chow. The downside is that I ended up having to cut Dr. Boom to make it all fit. I felt like my curve was running on the high side for Mid-range since I was running Boom, Tirion, Onyxia, and Nefarian. I didn't want to cut another dragon so it had to be Boom on the chopping block. It's a bit regrettable that I have less BGH protection now but there's just too many Face Hunters to deal with something like that right now.

KePoW

Banned

dang that sounds like a shitty bug! let us know how u fix it

An Eaglehorn or a Wolfrider.

yeah actually this is what i'm thinking

Quick Shot seems like a straight upgrade to Wolfrider.

Well, I sorta disagree. Wolfrider creates the potential for multiple hits or soaks up some of their resources and potentially soaks up face damage itself. Because hunter has 2 damage hero power, there is an upside to having damage soaked by a minion rather than face.

It might be better and it might replace wolfrider, I really don't know about that. But I wouldn't call it a straight upgrade to wolfrider, also since you're gonna try and hold onto quick shot where you might readily play wolf rider.

It won't replace eaglehorn bow because that weapon just provides way too much damage output in a single card. Face hunter needs high value cards (high value as in the ability to turn into face damage) because they have almost 0 card draw. Eaglehorn bow is one of the best cards for hunter in this regard.

edit:
It could replace mad scientist. Mad scientist is a terrible top deck in face hunter, even though it is amazing as an early drop. Late in the game you'd rather play explosive trap than just mad scientist on its own.

CoolOff

I'm really interested in trying out some sort of mid-range dragon-rogue. Reynad had a great point about Hungry Dragon fitting very well due to the hero power. Azure Drakes are really good if you stack spells, and then you can make use of Blackwing Technician for an insane 3-drop.

Maybe not Pally-viable, but I'll build it at least.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Fuck it, couldn't handle it. I felt that I love this card too much to pass by a golden one

wBNqUdJ.jpg

Hey there everyone:

I usually lurk in this thread, but I wanted to drop in to let you know that I added some of you to my friend's list. My Battle.net ID is Heyo#1304.

Dahbomb

I don't mean complete Eaglehorn replacement but rather than running two Eaglehorns you will run 1. Mostly because if you get two Eaglehorns it kinda sucks.

I can see one Mad Scientist being dropped as well.

So apparently BRM is coming out at 12pm? Just got an email from Twitch advertising Trump and Amaz playing through Blackrock from 12-2pm.

Also if anyone wants to add me while I work through my Naxrammas wing woes, my tag is:
hypersheep#1923(NA)

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
How many hours till BRM? I just clicked the adventure-thingy and got an awesome dialogue between Nefarian (human) and Ragnaros... so fucking good.

I'm really interested in trying out some sort of mid-range dragon-rogue. Reynad had a great point about Hungry Dragon fitting very well due to the hero power. Azure Drakes are really good if you stack spells, and then you can make use of Blackwing Technician for an insane 3-drop.

Maybe not Pally-viable, but I'll build it at least.

I don't know about blackwing technician in rogue. I don't think you run it over si7 agent. While technician might be better than agent on turn 3, agent is probably better in most other situations. Granted, if you're teching to beat warrior... or for some reason techning to beat paladin even harder, maybe you include it. But I don't think you need to beat paladin harder and it might not be worth including to beat 1 class.

How many hours till BRM? I just clicked the adventure-thingy and got an awesome dialogue between Nefarian (human) and Ragnaros... so fucking good.

I want to know as well.

For NA I assume it'll be midnight PST. But I guess GVG launched midmorning-ish PST.

rickyson1

got a dr boom first pick in a warlock arena draft

..and my deck ended up being a super early game aggro type thing so one way or another I won't get to even use it

Dahbomb

So guys what are your top 5 cards for BRM?

Here are mine:

1) Emperor Thaurissian
2) Demon Wrath
3) Quick Shot (I both love it and hate it!)
4) Dark Iron Skulker
5) Lava Shock

Honorable Mention: Dragon Consort (depends on how strong Dragon Pally is)

Yoshichan

1. Druid of the Flame. 2-5 is INSANE stats for a 3 drop, and being able to adapt to a 5-2 in late game is crazy.
2. Flamewaker. This is making me interested in playing the mage again.
3. Dragon Consort. I can't fucking wait to play dragon paladin solely for this card
4. Blackwing Technician. Just straight up insanity.
5. Thaurissan. Just auto-pick for every deck I have.

Special mention: fuck quick shot. Fuck it hard.

Ashodin

1) Dragon Consort
2) Thaurissan
3) Chromaggus
4) Majordomo (imma break you turning into Rag. just you watch)
5) Lava Shock

Come on brehs, unlocking your overload is HUGE for shammy.

Yoshichan

Kettch

I think I came up with the optimal answer for Amaz's scenario where your opponent has 30 health and 970 armour and no cards, and you need to deal as much damage as possible with any four collectible cards in your hand and ten mana to use on them. You have perfect control over RNG.

Lorewalker Cho + Unstable Portal + Mind Vision * 2

Play Lorewalker Cho (2 mana). Play Unstable Portal (3 mana, total 5 mana), which gives you a Sorcerer's Apprentice. Play it (0 mana because of discount, total 5 mana) Play Mind Vision (0 mana because of Sorcerer's Apprentice, total 5 mana) to get Unstable Portal from your opponent. Play Unstable Portal (2 mana because of Sorcerer's Apprentice, total 7 mana) again to get a Warsong Commander, and play it (0 mana because of discount, total 7 mana).

Infinity times, play Mind Vision and get a free Mind Vision from your opponent because we have perfect control of the RNG.

The infinity plus 1th time, get Unstable Portal from your opponent instead. Play it (2 mana, total 9 mana). Get Edwin VanCleef, play him (0 mana because of discount, total of 9 mana). He gets 2 + infinity*2 attack, and apparently gains Charge from the Warsong Commander because that card checks his base stats, which are 2/2. Attack with him.

This reminds me that I figured out how a mage can kill you from 30 health in one turn in arena starting with no board, zero cards and only the draw to work with (prompted by Amaz saying it was impossible to die one day when he was at 18 health).

Going first you'll have to draw 12 cards before turn 10. So on turn 10:

13. 3 mana Arcane Intellect->Arcane Intellect, Sorcerer's Apprentice
14. 5 mana Sorcerer's Apprentice
15. 7 mana Arcane Intellect->Arcane Intellect, Sorcerer's Apprentice
16. 9 mana Sorcerer's Apprentice
17. 10 mana Arcane Intellect->Arcane Intellect, Unstable Portal
Everything from here out is free.
18. Unstable Portal->Sorcerer's Apprentice
19. Arcane Intellect->Arcane Intellect, Unstable Portal
20. Unstable Portal->Sorcerer's Apprentice
21. Arcane Intellect->Arcane Intellect, Fireball
22. Fireball 6 damage
23. Arcane Intellect->Arcane Intellect, Fireball
24. Fireball 12 damage
25. Arcane Intellect->Arcane Intellect, Fireball
26. Fireball 18 damage
27. Arcane Intellect->Fireball, Fireball
28. Fireball 24 damage
29. Fireball 30 damage

Leaving him with 1 card in the deck.

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
I rejiggered my midrange Dragon Paladin.

Jv9M4ZN.jpg

It's still not running any Belchers or Healbots. Instead I opted for double Zombie Chow. I kind of feel like Midrange Pally needs those chows to deal with the early aggression because it's not consistent to get minibots in your opening mulligan, and I hate running just one chow. The downside is that I ended up having to cut Dr. Boom to make it all fit. I felt like my curve was running on the high side for Mid-range since I was running Boom, Tirion, Onyxia, and Nefarian. I didn't want to cut another dragon so it had to be Boom on the chopping block. It's a bit regrettable that I have less BGH protection now but there's just too many Face Hunters to deal with something like that right now.

Maybe remove Tirion for a Sludge? Taunt for a taunt, but earlier to help live long enough to get to that dragon consort combo finish.

For now I'm more worried about the first wing being released than crafting a full blackrock mountain deck. What's everyone plans to handle the wave of Control Warrior and Ramp Druids with that amazing Emperor Thaurissan card?

gutshot

The meta is gonna be weird with everyone either going full aggro because of Quick Shot and Grim Patron or full control because of Emperor Thaurissan and Gang Up.

ZealousD

So guys what are your top 5 cards for BRM?

It's pretty early to say. I'd say Dragon Consort, Thaurissan, Solemn Vigil, Lava Shock, Imp Gang Boss. Not necessarily in that order.

Most overrated cards are Hungry Dragon, Chromaggus, Dragonkin Sorcerer, and Gang Up.

ZealousD

Maybe remove Tirion for a Sludge? Taunt for a taunt, but earlier to help live long enough to get to that dragon consort combo finish.

Removing Tirion seems dirty. If I get scared of aggro decks to the point of removing Tirion, I'd rather drop the Dragon archetype altogether and stick with standard midrange.

So I managed to fatigue a Control Warrior today with Mech Shaman. He got me down to 5 health pretty early on, but he'd already blown both Shield Slams, both Brawls, and an Execute. Since he didn't have anymore AoE spells, I was able to max out my totems and just kill whatever he played with whatever I drew since we were both top-decking. Every time he had a minion stick to the board long enough to attack, I was able to put up a brand new Stoneclaw Totem. He had Grommash on the board for about 10 consecutive turns just smashing into the totem before I was finally able to kill it with my last card pulled (Bomb Lobber). I knocked him down from close to 40 health down to about 6 when he finally conceded, while I was just scraping by at 5 health for at least half the game.

This reminds me that I figured out how a mage can kill you from 30 health in one turn in arena starting with no board, zero cards and only the draw to work with (prompted by Amaz saying it was impossible to die one day when he was at 18 health).

22. Fireball 6 damage
24. Fireball 12 damage
26. Fireball 18 damage
28. Fireball 24 damage
29. Fireball 30 damage

Amazing.

gutshot

22. Fireball 6 damage
24. Fireball 12 damage
26. Fireball 18 damage
28. Fireball 24 damage
29. Fireball 30 damage

I've never taken eight Arcane Intellects in a deck before. Five, six, even seven, sure. But whenever I get offered that eighth one, I always pass. How foolish of me!

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
Removing Tirion seems dirty. If I get scared of aggro decks to the point of removing Tirion, I'd rather drop the Dragon archetype altogether and stick with standard midrange.

Then I'd guess Knife Juggler and Muster would be the two non-dragons I'd look at next, but it's pretty difficult to tell without trying it all out first.

CoolOff

I wonder if I can leave out Blade Flurry in a more minion-control based Rogue, or if it's too good of a mechanic... Hmm...

I want to go on record and say that the Christina Sims person from the BRM Twitch reveal from Monday is super cool. We're Snapchat friends and I sent her (and some of my friends) a photo of grass growing through a hole in a leaf from when I was gardening today and added the words "RIP in peace leaf" to the image. She replied with a hand-drawn sad face and "RIP".

So, she's cool in my book.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom