• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT3| Preparing for the Ball of Spiders Meta

Status
Not open for further replies.

Servbot #42

Unconfirmed Member
Fuck it, couldn't handle it. I felt that I love this card too much to pass by a golden one

wBNqUdJ.jpg

Damn Yoshi that's a lot of dust! Also off topic but are you done with Bloodborne? or are you planning on playing both games?

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Damn Yoshi that's a lot of dust! Also off topic but are you done with Bloodborne? or are you planning on playing both games?
Just like any really, really good game (Demon's, Dark 2, Bloodborne), I am never really going to be "done" with those games :p I'll always be playing them while playing other games simultaneously.

I am having a Bloodborne marathon this weekend. Me and one of the biggest Demon's Souls fans out there are gonna have a blast, come Friday.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
I want to go on record and say that the Christina Sims person from the BRM Twitch reveal from Monday is super cool. We're Snapchat friends and I sent her (and some of my friends) a photo of grass growing through a hole in a leaf from when I was gardening today and added the words "RIP in peace leaf" to the image. She replied with a hand-drawn sad face and "RIP".

So, she's cool in my book.

She's Zeriyah if you're not aware, the main CM for Hearthstone.

Servbot #42

Unconfirmed Member
Just like any really, really good game (Demon's, Dark 2, Bloodborne), I am never really going to be "done" with those games :p I'll always be playing them while playing other games simultaneously.

I am having a Bloodborne marathon this weekend. Me and one of the biggest Demon's Souls fans out there are gonna have a blast, come Friday.

I see i was just wondering where do you find all the time since i think you are studying and stuff.

Also guys i added a few of you so check your friend requests.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
I see i was just wondering where do you find all the time since i think you are studying and stuff.

Also guys i added a few of you so check your friend requests.
Study break until Tuesday yo!

The gaming hype is REAL

Yoshichan

If I had enough dust I would pick up Baron Geddon. Just seems like fun.

Actually, I dusted three of those in order to get a golden Boom :lol

I thought face hunters didn't take skill but I guess there are some idiots who pass up solid trades and go face where they gain 0 benefit from going face and lose for not trading.

It is like a double whammy of wrong strategy.

Yoshichan

Oh! Did the title change happen just now? :O
What's stopping you from hitting the dust all button?
I guess nothing, really... I just like -manually- dusting stuff for when I actually need the dust, rather than clicking that all-in button!

gutshot

5 wins with priest has got to be the absolute longest quest to complete. It doesn't help that I'm missing a lot of really good priest cards like Cabal and Auchenai. Finally finished it though and the last win was the best. Mind Games on turn 5 pulled me a Mal'ganis and the Warlock just insta-conceded. Greetings.

Aylinato

Poor ladder folk. I just sylvanas, tirion, gruul, jarraxus, and gallywag. I'm rolling over people with my handlock, they don't know what to do. First game, mage gets me down to 3 health, has zombie out and some other minions, they have dup, hoping to get the blecher. Let's just say he ended up with 6 zombie chows healing me all the way to full health. I won.

Next game mage gets me to 1 health, I top deck jarraxus, ruins his day. I won.

Next game vs paladin, he gets me to 3 health. Then healbot. Then healbot again next turn. Then he gets me down to 2 health, jarraxus. He fills the board with muster and quartermaster. Ysera awakens. He gets me to 5, he drops tirion, I have two minions on board, one inferno and one 7/4 spawn Thaddeus. I had black knight in my hand the entire game. Wrecked. I win.

I only lost one game so far. Vs zoo and hobgoblin, wrecked me. I ended up putting back in hellfire because of that loss.

Also no one expects gruull, ever, then they leave it and it wrecks their face.

Someone post a face hunter deck incorporating Quick Shot! Gotta get in on the action once it launches =D

22 1 drops, leeroy, 2x quickshot, 2x kill command, dr. boom, 1 tracking, and 1 explosive trap.

GG

But seriously, I don't play hunter much since like naxx era but maybe cut animal companion and run everything else just the same.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Web Spinners would likely be really good choices to cut. You sort of want to empty your hand to get the card draw effect, and web spinner could get you stuck with something for a while.

Frenden

Banned
This deck is super fun.

Unstable Ghoul either gives you an activator for Acolyte or something to heal with Northshire. And it slows early aggro well despite the flimsy body if you're lucky enough to get a Velen's Chosen early. I mulligan for Ghoul/Cleric/Chosen in most matchups. Power Word: Shield is an also ran that suffices as a back-up Chosen, worst case.

Dark Iron Dwarf and Shrinkmeister make Shadow Word(s) flexible. Death-ing your own Sylvanas in a pinch, while hardly revolutionary, is a nice bonus too.

Lightbomb only kills a few of the higher mana dudes in this deck and can be used to trigger Sylvanas in a pinch too.

It's a true control deck in that I spend a lot of the game altering the opponent's minions and manipulating the board with stuff like Vol'jin-ing one of their minions down to two health and dropping Geddon the next turn. There's hardly a minion this deck can't get rid of with all the flexible removal.

I haven't lost with it yet, but I'm still in the dregs of the reset, rank wise. Holy Nova has been a dead card a few times. Alex doesn't quite feel right since, unlike control Warrior, there's no combo closer like a Grommash. Most of the time, Boom or Geddon close things out. I'd love to hear what you think about it.

greedy.PNG

Dart

Question, will the new cards be exclusive to those who purchase the blackock mtn wings or will they be available in card packs too?

Dahbomb

Animal Companion is pretty damn good even in Face Hunger. The 2/4 buffs your shitty creatures especially the 1 drops to do more face damage. The 4/4 protects your crappy minions so they can hit more face and the Huffer is a Face Hunter's wet dream.

It's just too solid of an on curve play for Hunters.

manhack

Making serious attempt at legend again this month.

rank 20-13...face hunter, face hunter, face hunter, druid, face hunter, mid-range hunter, face hunter, druid.

grrrr

So Quickshot is the first card everyone gets with this expansion...

Oh Blizzard.

And I just got the "deal 100 damage to enemy heroes" quest. I'd like to think everybody gets that tomorrow.

But for now I'm playing:

The star of the deck is the imp masters, which do amazing work with a velens or shield. This lets you keep the board going while healing and drawing and later stealing any big threats.

Zemm

oh don't get me wrong, there's nothing wrong with buying packs for money. I've done that a lot

I just meant Kripp gets a good amount of money from donations/subs that he has used to buy packs. So he hasn't earned all 160k (or however much) of that dust himself

Just before the first Blizzcon tournament he spent around $500 on packs just so he had all the cards ready for that tournament.

iirate

It's pretty early to say. I'd say Dragon Consort, Thaurissan, Solemn Vigil, Lava Shock, Imp Gang Boss. Not necessarily in that order.

Most overrated cards are Hungry Dragon, Chromaggus, Dragonkin Sorcerer, and Gang Up.

@Dragonkin Sorcerer: I don't go to other sites for Hearthstone discussion - is this card really getting hype? It's honestly pretty bad(a worse Yeti when Yeti isn't really great anymore), and the only way I see it seeing play is if dragon decks desperately need a 4-drop dragon that isn't Twilight Drake(Hungry Dragon is possibly better too, but that'll come down to the deck). I'm personally fond of the card, but it's one of the more mediocre showings from the set.

Other than that, I think this is a really good list. Paladins got what seems to be a pretty sickening haul this time, as I expect it to be better at all three of its main modes(aggro, midrange, control) relative to the meta. Warriors got clearly shafted, and I'm not sure that Priest is all that well off(Resurrection seems great regardless). Shaman is the class that I really can't get a read on going into Blackrock.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
@Dragonkin Sorcerer: I don't go to other sites for Hearthstone discussion - is this card really getting hype? It's honestly pretty bad(a worse Yeti when Yeti isn't really great anymore), and the only way I see it seeing play is if dragon decks desperately need a 4-drop dragon that isn't Twilight Drake(Hungry Dragon is possibly better too, but that'll come down to the deck). I'm personally fond of the card, but it's one of the more mediocre showings from the set.

It hasn't been getting "the hype" so to speak, but people are wanting to run it in priest or something, because of PW:S and Velen's Chosen. I don't think it's good enough even there, the text isn't even that strong. It's not even close to being as easy to activate as Violet Teacher.

If this was a priest class card that was a 4/5 or 3/6 it might have stood a chance. Or maybe if it gave +2/+2 instead.

iirate

It hasn't been getting "the hype" so to speak, but people are wanting to run it in priest or something, because of PW:S and Velen's Chosen. I don't think it's good enough even there, the text isn't even that strong. It's not even close to being as easy to activate as Violet Teacher.

If this was a priest class card that was a 4/5 or 3/6 it might have stood a chance. Or maybe if it gave +2/+2 instead.

I'm one of those people for sure, but that's more because I've wanted to run buff/heal priest instead of control/combo priest for ages, and Twilight Whelp is one of the most promising cards for that archetype I've seen. Hungry Dragon seems like a bad idea in priest too, but the deck needs dragons. Sorcerer isn't good, but it might be best for that particular deck right now. That said, I haven't been particularly excited about any of the dragon priest lists I've put together.

Had a rogue last night sap my Dr Balance. So i played him again next turn. He fan of knives killing all 4 bots. All 4 hit him in the face for exact lethal.

Well played

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom