• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT3| Preparing for the Ball of Spiders Meta

Status
Not open for further replies.

squidyj

card aint been out 5 hours and people are already suggesting just how to nerf it. Never change Hearthstone community, never change.

Zemm

I'm watching Forsen and so far every deck had the emperor and had some crazy plays after. A freeze mage that did 1 mana double kobold geomancer, 1 mana double frostbolt into 0 mana double ice lance.

Warrior that just did 0 mana iron beak on his shredder, 0 mana war axe to clean up, 4 mana sylvanas with a 1 mana armorsmith.

This looks hilarious.

This sounds dumb as fuck.

JohnCYQ

card aint been out 5 hours and people are already suggesting just how to nerf it. Never change Hearthstone community, never change.

I'm surprised it even made it out of testing intact, that shit is dumb. Turn 7 FoN/Roar or T9 Double Combo, and that's only if the Emperor dies immediately (which is hardly the case if it gets innervated out early).

Then you have Malygos shennanigans with rogues and maybe even shamans.

=========================

Forsen just posted his rogue decklist. Shit's hilarious:
http://gyazo.com/52e131816828a82229e3da52fc183689

Magnus

Loaded up on 20 high power minions and a variety of buff spells (as a Priest) for a deck that totally SMOKED Coren Direbrew. That was hilarious.

Mekgineer Thermaplugg SHINED on this fight, lol. He came out on the second Pile On and it was downhill for the boss from there. I can't wait to try this same deck out on Heroic and see how it does.

Ashodin

Loaded up on 20 high power minions and a variety of buff spells (as a Priest) for a deck that totally SMOKED Coren Direbrew. That was hilarious.

Mekgineer Thermaplugg SHINED on this fight, lol. He came out on the second Pile On and it was downhill for the boss from there. I can't wait to try this same deck out on Heroic and see how it does.

Coren is fucking awesome with that ability

Definitely the most fun one so far but the Heroic fight is almost as easy as the Normal one. Kinda disappointing.

Well it was a pain in the ass but I ended up beating Thaurissan heroic with this deck. The time I won I got really lucky though because I didn't draw any of my health buffing cards for his wife and he didn't play any of his taunts or Death's Bites. Might be worth putting in a second alchemist for a better chance at drawing it but I opted to put in more stuff that could help control the board since the biggest problem I had was him flooding the board and I had no way to answer.

thaurissansaupy.jpg

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Switched up all my decks... come on, my body is ready

Magnus

LOL the Mage Challenge. Most fun yet.

I can see myself doing that one repeatedly for fun.

I love that Blizzard was just like, "Fuck It, let's do FUN for these challenges" even if it results in totally bonkers matches.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
HAHAHA is someone watching Trump/Amaz stream?!

The Nozdormu made it so that the timer only was 2 seconds! Seriously wtf was that!

Yoshichan

Magnus

The Hunter challenge is - I'm ashamed to say - kicking my ass. lol

edit- lol, 3rd try, I win on turn 5. RNG granted me with a King Krush on like, turn 2. Hahaha.

Yeah, I meant gold or cash.

The P2W arguments are kind of null and void now, aren't they? This is how CCGs work. If you want the cards in there, you're paying for Naxx and BRM, all at once, or staggered. I just want the option of cracking into it all at once instead of a staggered release, especially for forking over payment (by either currency) all at once up front.

Alas.

I don't think "this is how CCGs work" thing is an argument towards p2w or not. It isn't p2w though, but that is because there aren't any advantages for paying that you can't get by not paying.

You should have just said you want the wings released all at once... would have been quite clear from the start.

I sorta agree with you but I also find the staggered release to be very interesting cause now I am trying decks out that work with the few new cards and I am finding midrange shaman is still quite good (haven't played since naxx-era) and emperor thaurissian is a nice addition.

It really helps with overload getting them combos off a whole turn earlier should be really great.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Thaurissan is amazing, not only does it provide a ton of immediate value, you have to remove it right away or else it snowballs out of control.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
LOL the Mage Challenge. Most fun yet.

I can see myself doing that one repeatedly for fun.

I love that Blizzard was just like, "Fuck It, let's do FUN for these challenges" even if it results in totally bonkers matches.

They should do neutral challenges. Like a 30 Mad Bombers deck.

Magnus

I don't think "this is how CCGs work" thing is an argument towards p2w or not. It isn't p2w though, but that is because there aren't any advantages for paying that you can't get by not paying.

You should have just said you want the wings released all at once... would have been quite clear from the start.

I sorta agree with you but I also find the staggered release to be very interesting cause now I am trying decks out that work with the few new cards and I am finding midrange shaman is still quite good (haven't played since naxx-era) and emperor thaurissian is a nice addition.

It really helps with overload getting them combos off a whole turn earlier should be really great.

I'm eating my words - I'm enjoying just how much this one wing and its cards is bringing to the game on its own, and it won't be so bad to have this effect occur every single week. It might even be great.

No wait.

It's great. The mage challenge alone, lola.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist

You can enjoy your self without paying, but I feel if you want to be on even footing in constructed you need to put down a decent chunk of cash or invests a number of months. I enjoy the game a lot but do not want to feel like I'm forced to boot it up daily to do quests to grind gold, I just want to play what ever I feel like.

Magnus

Jesus christ, the change to the first fight on heroic. I got annihilated. Time to bring back in some board clears….

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Jesus christ, the change to the first fight on heroic. I got annihilated. Time to bring back in some board clears….

Heroic Grim Guzzler has to be painful for anybody who doesn't have a full stock of legendaries. MVP is probably Foe Reaper.

Magnus

Definitely the most fun one so far but the Heroic fight is almost as easy as the Normal one. Kinda disappointing.

I'm getting wrecked, man. Two minions out for every one of mine. I cannot comprehend how to do this as a priest, haha. I'm going to have to look at other classes I think.

The Grim Guzzler heroic was brutal. I managed to do it as Shaman when he pulled Feugen and Stalagg for me and the Thaddius was able to stabilize the board against his big guys. Crackle, ancestral spirit, and a host of annoying taunts helped as well. But now I'm scared to take on the rest of the heroics. Anyone wanna suggest a deck?

Nice. Trying it.
Yeah, I think you can do it as any class you just need to stack you deck with all high drops and taunts. Warlock was my choice since he has good removal spells and Mal'Ganis.

Finally beat last Heroic with some Divine Spirit + Inner Fire shenanigans.

The Grim Guzzler heroic was brutal. I managed to do it as Shaman when he pulled Feugen and Stalagg for me and the Thaddius was able to stabilize the board against his big guys. Crackle, ancestral spirit, and a host of annoying taunts helped as well. But now I'm scared to take on the rest of the heroics. Anyone wanna suggest a deck?
I used Fatigue Mage for the Arena dude and Divine Spirit + Inner Fire Priest for the last one with Crazed Alchemist for his wife. I had to restart over and over to get the right opening hand but eventually I got it. Shield Bearer also helps since it won't damage her.

Magnus

Got Coren Heroic with Shaman.

Windfury, Ancestral Spirit, and lots of annoying taunts, as someone mentioned, are key. Haha.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom