• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT3| Preparing for the Ball of Spiders Meta

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Thaurissan is an auto-include in just about every control deck. On Dr. Boom level. Might as well craft a golden one.

Gonna do just that, actually!

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
EU IS LIVE!

YySCyVI.jpg

You can enjoy your self without paying, but I feel if you want to be on even footing in constructed you need to put down a decent chunk of cash or invests a number of months. I enjoy the game a lot but do not want to feel like I'm forced to boot it up daily to do quests to grind gold, I just want to play what ever I feel like.

I think it depends on what your goals are for the game. Making 1 competitive deck is actually quite easy. And in constructed I've gotten really far up the ladder with just basic cards alone. I think my top rank was above 10, closing in on 5, before I got bored one season.

If you intend to try and break into esports or high level tournament play, you'll want to pay money. But if you just intend to play the game, build a few competitive decks, just grind out arena and it definitely won't take months. Just a few days ago I did a day and a half of arena and earned about 1600 dust and I don't even arena often. If I had the patience to play arena all the time, I could probably grind out every competitive deck in maybe 1-2 months.

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
Thaddius is just meta changing, god damn

Magnus

I think it depends on what your goals are for the game. Making 1 competitive deck is actually quite easy. And in constructed I've gotten really far up the ladder with just basic cards alone. I think my top rank was above 10, closing in on 5, before I got bored one season.

If you intend to try and break into esports or high level tournament play, you'll want to pay money. But if you just intend to play the game, build a few competitive decks, just grind out arena and it definitely won't take months. Just a few days ago I did a day and a half of arena and earned about 1600 dust and I don't even arena often. If I had the patience to play arena all the time, I could probably grind out every competitive deck in maybe 1-2 months.

But where's all the gold coming from to grind out Arena? ;)

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Yeah, the AI for this wing seems really wonky, the AI makes a ton of dumb plays. Like it randomly decided to not attack one turn when I had a Death Lord up, and it killed its own minion with the spell that deals 1 damage and gives 2 attack.

Yoshichan

this content

is so fucking good

Zemm

Oh my God at that collosal fuck up by Hyped vs RDU. Everyone should watch that. RDU's face at the end makes it even better.

Yoshichan

I just did it and I don't give a fuck if he ends up being in the meta or not. For me, he is an auto-pick in all my decks, even more-so than Doctor Boom (who I also crafted a golden version of two days ago).

RsHwYEl.jpg

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Yeah, the AI for this wing seems really wonky, the AI makes a ton of dumb plays. Like it randomly decided to not attack one turn when I had a Death Lord up, and it killed its own minion with the spell that deals 1 damage and gives 2 attack.

I saw the last boss attack with his wife and dark iron dwarf her after.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"

The AI has always been dumb as rocks. It will literally always play a card if it has the mana to do so.

Grim Patron Warrior is so damn fun. I hope some consistent decks spawn out of it because I'd love for it to end up being somewhat viable as opposed to just a fun gimmick.

Yoshichan

Coren Direbrew heroic on the first try, druids are pretty stronk in that match!

Now to get destroyed by the second boss :3

But where's all the gold coming from to grind out Arena? ;)

From arena/daily quests of course :p

That wasn't face hunter. He traded...remember?

And thanks again for my ~500 dust.

Nah, it was classic face hunter. Even face hunter sometimes trades and that was the one actual decision he made right iirc.

The face hunters right glaivezooka, arcane golem, etc.. The midrange guys play highmane and aren't as aggressive with less charging stuff and more focused on controlling the board than ignoring totems etc..

Yoshichan

so for beating the normal bosses you get gold.
is there any reward for beating the heroic ones?

Wait, gold? Nah, you get cards.

You get a cardback if you beat the entire heroic expansion.

gutshot

So apparently if you Recombobulate a minion that has had its cost reduced by Thaurissan, you get a minion at the reduced cost level. So Recombobulating an Antique Healbot would give you a Yeti, for example. And if you Recombobulate a Molten Giant it straight up crashes the game.

Nice QA testing there, Blizz.

jblank83

Thaurissan is an auto-include in just about every control deck. On Dr. Boom level. Might as well craft a golden one.

I think the card is auto-include in almost every deck, just as Boom can be found in everything from early game aggro to late game control.

It's one of those "too good not to have" cards.

Magnus

So apparently if you Recombobulate a minion that has had its cost reduced by Thaurissan, you get a minion at the reduced cost level. So Recombobulating an Antique Healbot would give you a Yeti, for example. And if you Recombobulate a Molten Giant it straight up crashes the game.

Nice QA testing there, Blizz.

Haha, good catch.

Levi

Banned
My first fucking ranked game post BRM is a braindead face hunter who wins with kill command/quickshot/quickshot. Why do they bother making all these cool control cards if they are going to buff hunter so fucking hard?

Magnus

And this time it's not shit.

I feel like the game could use some other kind of reward beyond card backs. I don't see the allure. It's not even something you get to see much of yourself on your own cards.

I'm trying to think of something else that could work as a reward, beyond more gold, dust, or card/card packs....I dunno. Making greater strides toward getting golden heroes might be a nice reward...

I wonder if a reroll token for a card pack would be a cool reward? Like, if you don't care for a card pack's contents, you can reroll its contents for another shot or something. It'd need to maintain the rarities you got, I guess....otherwise it'd be a shittier reward than just getting another pack. End result would be being able to trade in an extra copy of a rare, epic or legendary in your pack for another rare, epic or legendary at random. Basically.

Yoshichan

High Justice Grimstone (Heroic) was one of my favorite Hearthstone fights of all time. It was a 30 min long EPIC control battle. Won win this deck (third try):

O4XPEMN.jpg

Magnus

Alternate heroes would be cool. Although then I guess you are limiting future card options.

I'm not even sure why that didn't occur to me. That'd be rad for sure. I wouldn't even care if they made heroes out of characters that have already become cards. They could even have some fun meta VO dialogue if a hero ever played his/her own character card or something.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Just went up against my first mill Rogue using Gang Up.

It's pretty damn broken.
That was the first thing that Forsen said about that card.

Emperor Thaurissan is a game changer for sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom