• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT3| Preparing for the Ball of Spiders Meta

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joco

When I first started playing, I thought that "reach rank 20 and earn that season's card back" meant that each season had a new card added to the game, and if you reached rank 20 at the end of the season that card would be added to your collection. The more I think about it I like the idea though. Make it so you can craft it with dust if you happened to miss it or didn't start the game until later, but everyone who reaches rank 20 gets the card.

Wow, made a special deck for the first boss because it was hilarious fun, but won the second two on the first try with my laddering control mage deck.

Might end up doing the heroic versions this time just so I have to actually deckbuild

Visceir

Took about 20 min to breeze through the first wing. I never did the other adventures, are those just as easy? The AI seemed really dumb.

jblank83

Took about 20 min to breeze through the first wing. I never did the other adventures, are those just as easy? The AI seemed really dumb.

I remember Naxxramus being more difficult on normal, tbqh.
I think I had to repeat some of the quests once or twice.

Yes, the first wing of Blackrock (normal) was incredibly easy.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Just played a Priest who was using Grim Patron. As a Warrior, there was nothing I could do, once he had two I was sort of screwed. My only out was Brawl, and I never got it. He use Resurrect to get one of them back too.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Zero guides, zero hints. Week 1 done, they were awesome! Especially the last one. Frikkin' throwing divine shields and protecting the wife was A THRILL.

NjX2x1t.jpg

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Guys, this is the deck you take into Heroic Grim Guzzler. Expensive as hell but you'll win every time. If you're missing a bunch of these legendaries then just swap in some 8/8 giants or something.

TzYaT7n.jpg

QIrO6Va.jpg

Basically you just use priest buffs and heals to guarantee you keep going 2-for-1 or more on the minions that come out of his hero power and his hand. Mulligan for pure spells and expect to never play minions out of hand. Resurrect is also straight up nuts.

Dahbomb

Thaurissan ironically makes it easier to play against Mill/Fatigue decks because he enables easy emptying of hands.

Good thing that card came out with Gang Up cause otherwise the Rogue Mill deck would've been annoying as fuck to deal with.

Thaurissan ironically makes it easier to play against Mill/Fatigue decks because he enables easy emptying of hands.

Good thing that card came out with Gang Up cause otherwise the Rogue Mill deck would've been annoying as fuck to deal with.

The milling isn't the problem with oil and blade flurry. I just keep giving my opponent cards. It makes no difference.

Szadek

Finished wing 1.
The unstable portal challenge was fun,espically when he played millhouse.

For the heroics I used:
1. Druid (High cost minions only and tons of spells)

2. Priest.
My tactic was to hope for some insane millhouse value with mind games and mindcontrol.
It worked after a few attempts.

3.Priest
I used crazed alchemist on the wife and than played high value minions and healed myself until he run out of cards.

Dahbomb

The milling isn't the problem with oil and blade flurry. I just keep giving my opponent cards. It makes no difference.
Wasn't talking about Oil Rogue.... was talking about the new Gang Up Oil Mill Rogue deck that's been floating around on Ladder lately.

He Gangs Up Coldlight Oracles and Heals or a big minion of yours. Very hard to play against something like that if you have a some what control deck... however Tharissan makes things a lot easier.

Wasn't talking about Oil Rogue.... was talking about the new Gang Up Oil Mill Rogue deck that's been floating around on Ladder lately.

He Gangs Up Coldlight Oracles and Heals or a big minion of yours. Very hard to play against something like that if you have a some what control deck... however Tharissan makes things a lot easier.

True.

I suppose playing 13-14 heal bots (gang up, vanish, shadowstep) would be reasonably tough to deal with though.

I think the card is auto-include in almost every deck, just as Boom can be found in everything from early game aggro to late game control.

It's one of those "too good not to have" cards.

I mainly said control because decks that involves a lot of emptying of the hand (Face Hunter, Zoo, and any aggro deck really) wouldn't get the full value of having him. I don't think he's on Boom's level of auto-include, but he's close. I see him being nerfed to only affecting minions after Boom's nerf comes.

I see Miracle Rogue making a comeback.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
This rogue just shuffled Loatheb 2 times... meaning there are 6 loathebs in his deck now.

wtf.

Beat the first 3 bosses and hero challenges. Feel like I got lucky on Thaurissian, Annoy-O-Bot from a Shredder and I had to pop the bubble with fireball and pray the 1 hp wife didn't kill herself from it and the other minion would kill it.

Pooya

Emperor Thaurissan is ridiculous, hahahaha. It's so fun dropping it right now when most players are oblivious to what it is yet xD + duplicate secret it's pretty nice.

The mage spell isn't all that great often though. Gonna play around with rogue now, sounds fun.

Patron is a ok outside of warrior.

BRM board doesn't seem to appear in play mode yet?

Drop the harrison. You don't really need card draw, and worst case scenario he eats up some removal. Also, losing tempo against rogues is really bad.

Worst case is the rogue plays a blade and starts building it up, which you can now do nothing about. Card draw isn't important, but destroying that weapon is crucial.

Hero power+pass is the play. Chances are there is an equality or some other answer on the way and the healbot will make up for any damage lost.

Dahbomb

If Thaurissan gets nerfed....

Do we get the full disenchant value on that?

And if so can we play the BRM game again to get Thaurissan again?

ShinNL

Well... mill rogue just got 10x more real. Just played a few games with Gang Up. 8 Coldlight Oracles in my deck and me having 6 more cards in my deck... gawd damn.

ZealousD

Took out the first heroic boss pretty easily, but that second one is crazy.

I beat him with a version of fatigue Druid that uses Mind Control Tech, Double Faceless, and Double BGH. You basically need him to draw as many cards as possible to start so that you get maximum value when he decides to drop Deathwing. He'll kill 9 of his own legendaries. Once Deathwing comes out you stop milling. I also got pretty lucky and Pagle was one of his last cards, so Pagle ended up killing him.

ZealousD

I cheesed final heroic boss with priest lightwell buffs/inner fire. Had to have 4 silences for the Aboms/Ghouls.

All you have to do is use Crazed Alchemist to turn her into a 1/3. Then you can just make sure she's healed up with your hero power before an abomination explodes.

All you have to do is use Crazed Alchemist to turn her into a 1/3. Then you can just make sure she's healed up with your hero power before an abomination explodes.

Lol I did it the difficult way. Forgot about Crazed Alchemist.

Used a combination of Blessing of Kings/Humilty and Hand of Protection.

Was difficult to pull off but it worked. lol

Worst case is the rogue plays a blade and starts building it up, which you can now do nothing about. Card draw isn't important, but destroying that weapon is crucial.

Hero power+pass is the play. Chances are there is an equality or some other answer on the way and the healbot will make up for any damage lost.
Chances are quite bad that you draw an equality. You're leaving an uncontested twilight drake on the board with no good follow up plays. With a mediocre hand and a bad turn 5 the rogue can snowball from there. The most immediate threat isn't the rogue having the 4 cards he needs for a massive blade fury combo, it's dying before you hit turn 10.

Chances are quite bad that you draw an equality. You're leaving an uncontested twilight drake on the board with no good follow up plays. With a mediocre hand and a bad turn 5 the rogue can snowball from there. The most immediate threat isn't the rogue having the 4 cards he needs for a massive blade fury combo, it's dying before you hit turn 10.

From 4 damage considering you can heal 8 next turn? I doubt it very much. The Rogue has a lot of ways to deal with Harrison, so it is just throwing a card away that could actually turn the match.

Dragner

After playing a few hours with Emperor I just went a crafted a golden one. Not because I love golden cards because I dont, just because Im so sure he will be nerfed because he is so frikin retarded that I will have my dust back.

He is hands down the best card in hearthstone. So absurdly overpowered that I dont think wtf was blizzard thinking.

After playing a few hours with Emperor I just went a crafted a golden one. Not because I love golden cards because I dont, just because Im so sure he will be nerfed because he is so frikin retarded that I will have my dust back.

He is hands down the best card in hearthstone. So absurdly overpowered that I dont think wtf was blizzard thinking.

Coin+Emperor is such a strong play. Luckily there is no real overpowered 7 drop to completely ruin things.

emperor isn't as good as I imagined it would be, he's actually fairly clunky to play, and pretty worthless versus aggro.

Lost of potential for combos, though, so I'm curious to see what the deckbuilders manage to do with him

Dahbomb

emperor isn't as good as I imagined it would be, he's actually fairly clunky to play, and pretty worthless versus aggro.

Lost of potential for combos, though, so I'm curious to see what the deckbuilders manage to do with him

What's clunky about it? You have more than 2 cards in hand you throw it down at turn 6.

The only time he takes thought to use is if you don't have cards in hand.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom