• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT3| Preparing for the Ball of Spiders Meta

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, I don't see any way that Thaurissan doesn't get nerfed at this point.

He's flat out breaking Shaman for me. One mana Lightning Storm. Dr. Boom and Antique Healbot for a combined 8 mana. It's just insane.

What's clunky about it? You have more than 2 cards in hand you throw it down at turn 6.

The only time he takes thought to use is if you don't have cards in hand.

I'm just used to putting down something that turn that would help me turn the board state or do something immediately, even if it isn't on curve. The thing is that he has immense amounts of value but it only becomes realized incrementally over the next couple of turns (assuming that he gets removed immediately as he should be). I guess his usefulness is directly related to how many cards you have in hand and what your opponent will need to use in order to remove him, especially with how many amazing 5 drops there are.

I don't think he'll be auto-include in every deck, and I suspect he might actually end up being more popular in combo and aggro decks as opposed to control decks or ramp druid, since it lets you "cash in" on the value from the card more quickly.

Dahbomb

Well they haven't changed Dr Balanced yet so they might keep Emperor Balanced as well.

Maybe try to sell you on the next power creep expansion with some even more broken Legendaries.

Ramp Druid is EXACTLY the type of deck where this card would be broken in. Ramp out an Emperor with Innervate and then you get additional ramp on your huge creatures. In addition it makes Combo Druid EVEN better as now if that card gets put down they have to worry about a Turn 7 combo.

No matter what happens... Emperor is going to get hit by all kinds silences and removals. Players will do whatever to remove him asap. That alone makes him valuable in decks.

I'm just used to putting down something that turn that would help me turn the board state or do something immediately, even if it isn't on curve. The thing is that he has immense amounts of value but it only becomes realized incrementally over the next couple of turns (assuming that he gets removed immediately as he should be). I guess his usefulness is directly related to how many cards you have in hand and what your opponent will need to use in order to remove him, especially with how many amazing 5 drops there are.

I don't think he'll be auto-include in every deck, and I suspect he might actually end up being more popular in combo and aggro decks as opposed to control decks or ramp druid, since it lets you "cash in" on the value from the card more quickly.

He'll be played in half the decks, which will be miracle rogues. The other half, which is face hunter may or may not include him.

Ramp Druid is EXACTLY the type of deck where this card would be broken in. Ramp out an Emperor with Innervate and then you get additional ramp on your huge creatures. In addition it makes Combo Druid EVEN better as now if that card gets put down they have to worry about a Turn 7 combo.

capturesruvn.png

He had no answer. 0 mana wraths ftw

Levi

Banned
Emperor Balanced is so, so good in midrange Paladin. I thought he'd be better in Warrior but I didn't see much value there. I'm excited to try him in Ramp Druid but the meta today was not Druid safe. I queued up against so many warriors as Paladin that I ranked up from 18 to 14 without a single loss. Counter picking the people counter picking face hunter. :D

caesar

Banned
Emperor is disgusting

But you now have to be human garbage to play facehunter... so im just gonna craft a deck later.

Dahbomb

Kripparian's top 5 most OP of BRM:

Dark Iron Skulker
Volcanic Drake
Dragon Consort
Skill Shot... I mean Quick Shot
Emperor Balanced (he thinks he's the best)

Mostly agree with this except for Volcanic Drake. I don't think it's OP because of the 4 health. He would've been over powered if he was 6/5.

And yet again Kripp pouring the salt over Quick Shot.

"HEY GUYS WHAT IF THERE WAS A 4 MANA DEAL 6 DAMAGE CARD THAT DRAWS YOU ANOTHER CARD IF YOU TOP DICK IT!!! WOULDN'T IT BE OP?? HURR HURR!!"

Well they haven't changed Dr Balanced yet so they might keep Emperor Balanced as well.

Maybe try to sell you on the next power creep expansion with some even more broken Legendaries.

No matter what happens... Emperor is going to get hit by all kinds silences and removals. Players will do whatever to remove him asap. That alone makes him valuable in decks.

I just think that the card's value is greatly diminished in decks that end up usually only playing one card per turn like Control Warrior or Ramp Druid, and gets exponentially better in decks that have tools to both quickly draw and spend cards like miracle, combo druid, handlock, zoo, or midrange hunter. Basically getting stuff one turn earlier isn't fantastic, especially if you're already behind. He's still very good, better than some general-use legendaries like Loatheb, but I don't think he has as much universal utility as Boom. He doesn't outclass the other 5-6 mana cards for me as much as Boom outclasses the other 7+ mana cards, but I need more time to see what he can do in actual play.

We'll see, though. I'm sure he has some wild applications that none of us are savvy enough to think of, and I'll definitely focus on getting him to work since he's the most interesting card in the set.

Bizazedo

Bane of Doom is much better. The element of RNG will still weaken the card however the odds of pulling a decent-great demon is high with it now.

The last 3 Bane's of Doom I've played have gotten me Illidan Stormrage, Jaraxxus, and Mal'Ganis.

Hilarious.

I just think that the card's value is greatly diminished in decks that end up usually only playing one card per turn like Control Warrior or Ramp Druid, and gets exponentially better in decks that have tools to both quickly draw and spend cards like miracle, combo druid, handlock, zoo, or midrange hunter. Basically getting stuff one turn earlier isn't fantastic, especially if you're already behind. He's still very good, better than some general-use legendaries like Loatheb, but I don't think he has as much universal utility as Boom. He doesn't outclass the other 5-6 mana cards for me as much as Boom outclasses the other 7+ mana cards, but I need more time to see what he can do in actual play.

We'll see, though. I'm sure he has some wild applications that none of us are savvy enough to think of, and I'll definitely focus on getting him to work since he's the most interesting card in the set.

That is the thing though. You only play one card in control warrior or ramp druid because of mana cost.

In the example above? I had a 5 mana anicent of lore. I was then able to draw cards, play a keeper of the grove and wrath all in one turn.

All that and a 5/5 that demands removal.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Seeing Imp Gang Boss at work in the Heroic Emperor Thaurissan just proved to me that he's probably one of the strongest minions in BRM.

It's really awkward to try and kill a 4hp minion in a single attack much of the time.

Dahbomb

Seeing Imp Gang Boss at work in the Heroic Emperor Thaurissan just proved to me that he's probably one of the strongest minions in BRM.

It's really awkward to try and kill a 4hp minion in a single attack much of the time.
Yeah I had the same opinion (I even made a post about it).

If I didn't have Shadow Word Pain then that Imp was really hard to properly remove. Really, really annoying to play against.

Ashodin

Dudes I just played against Mage all the way to Deathwing

and I topdick Tirion.

GG son

I also RNG'd the fuck out of all his stuff

He sends me a response after RAGEFRIENDING

"hope ur mother chokes in front of u bundle of sticks"

lol ok bro

Dahbomb

This Kripparian Mage challenge game is fucking hilarious right about now.

The other hero spawned two Lore Walker Chos... one was his own and the other from an Unstable Portal he got from his Lore Walker! Then he had a hand full of Portals on which he used Emperor Balanced!

LMAO!

This Kripparian Mage challenge game is fucking hilarious right about now.

The other hero spawned two Lore Walker Chos... one was his own and the other from an Unstable Portal he got from his Lore Walker! Then he had a hand full of Portals on which he used Emperor Balanced!

LMAO!

It was extremely hilarious watching that!

Ashodin

I am out puff the loop. Who is Emperor Balanced and why is he so OP?

reducing the cost of your cards is fucking HUGE. completely throws off your opponent excepting a two card combo or more costing X mana and trying to slow you down from using it.

Dahbomb

Yeah that only required like 7 cards.

I am out of the loop. Who is Emperor Balanced and why is he so OP?
*Card reduces the cost of all of your cards in hand at the end of the turn this card is played (meaning no way to stop it then turn its played).

*The cost reduction stays forever and ever.

*The cost reduction stacks with other stuff and if he stays alive he keeps reducing costs of cards in hand every turn.

*Can't be killed by BGH.

Basically it enables stuff like ramping him out early, do some damage early on and do a turn 7 FoN + SR combo without even needing an innervate or a turn 9 double Roar combo (again without Innervate). Allows for some ridiculous combos with cheap spells for combo decks.

Expect to see it in just about every combo deck, some midrange and control decks as well.

Mulgrok

I must have really made a warrior sad today.

he uses gorehowl and casts upgrade on it - I swamp ooze it next turn

He coins and uses Emperor Balanced on turn 5 - I kill command him next turn

He drops Dr balance on turn 6 - I deadly shot him next turn

easy win after that

another warrior used emperor balanced and grim patron + 2 cruel taskmasters next turn... but it was too late and he was already a goner

I just have a crappy hunter deck that isn't face or anything

Playing the mage challenge and the AI used Millhouse Manastorm and I had pretty much a full hand of unstable portals/mukla bananas, and got a Edwin Vancleef - after all the cards played it spawned out as a 30/30

Zemm

It feels like I'm the only one that really doesn't like the weeks where new cards are introduced. I like new cards, but I don't like how the meta is all over the place, and this expansion in particular where it's getting harder and harder to predict or judge what cards the opponent can or will play. I'm sure I'll like it more when the meta stabilises, the same thing happened with naxx and GvG, it's just going to take ages because of this one wing per week stuff.

ViviOggi

It feels like I'm the only one that really doesn't like the weeks where new cards are introduced. I like new cards, but I don't like how the meta is all over the place, and this expansion in particular where it's getting harder and harder to predict or judge what cards the opponent can or will play. I'm sure I'll like it more when the meta stabilises, the same thing happened with naxx and GvG, it's just going to take ages because of this one wing per week stuff.
Yeah as soon as Emperor Balance-san hits the board all planning and outplaying goes out the window.

I really like having the time to play around with new tools multiple times although I wouldn't mind if they released wings every three days or so. And Skillshot from day 1 ruins the fun so hard.

SteveWD40

Am I missing something? Did both class challenges and no cards unlocked...

Edit: actually they did, it just didn't tell me or show them as new...

Danj

I didn't create it, but what's wrong with this deck? I need a Paladin deck for my daily quest today. I have no dust left, so it'd need to be F2P + Naxxramas cards (excluding Heroic because I am not able to do the Heroic bit yet, it needs decks costing thousands of dust), any suggestions?

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
I didn't create it, but what's wrong with this deck? I need a Paladin deck for my daily quest today. I have no dust left, so it'd need to be F2P + Naxxramas cards (excluding Heroic because I am not able to do the Heroic bit yet, it needs decks costing thousands of dust), any suggestions?

Well first of all, it uses pre-nerf undertaker.

Second of all, it's a complete mess of a deck. I can't even say "swap these cards for these other cards" because the deck is so fundamentally flawed that it really needs to be rebuilt from scratch.

Danj

Second of all, it's a complete mess of a deck. I can't even say "swap these cards for these other cards" because the deck is so fundamentally flawed that it really needs to be rebuilt from scratch.

Oh. I know everyone says "search on HearthPwn" when I ask for recommendations, but is there one on there that I can afford that sucks less than this?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom