• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT3| Preparing for the Ball of Spiders Meta

Status
Not open for further replies.

JesseZao

Its really damn hard to actually proc the secondary effect of Quickshot, but 3 damage isn't bad I guess.

I really don't see it as a face card. It's a dark bomb for control hunters, which has a cantrip upside if topdecked later. The problem is control decks don't normally run out of cards. Maybe we'll see a slower mid-range use it.

Magnus

Did you all honestly have an easy time with the second heroic fight? Even with a version close to the recommended Freeze Mage deck, I'm having a tough time.

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
First boss is so fun to replay on heroic, shaman decks with ancestors call and that one that lets you kill a minoin and respawn, rogue decks with gang up, fatigue druid. Out of the three its easily the one that allows the best variation in decks to complete, wonderful fun.

Did you all honestly have an easy time with the second heroic fight? Even with a version close to the recommended Freeze Mage deck, I'm having a tough time.

I got lucky as hell on my first try with a Freeze/Secrets Mage. He played Lore Walker Cho and Nat Pagle on the first turn and Thalnos on his next turn. I was able to keep his hand full and mill a bunch of his cards since Nat Pagle kept pulling the extra card, and I kept copying his minions with Mirror Image since we were passing spells back and forth. I eventually got down to 1 health, and that's when he played Deathwing into my Mirror Image. He threw away a nearly full hand, too. I Polymorphed Deathwing, played an Unstable Portal Black Knight on the 1/1 taunt that he got from his hero power, Fireblasted the Sheep, and killed his copied Black Knight with my copied Deathwing. Then he played Onyxia, and I cleared the Whelps with Blizzard and started working on his health. I pulled a free Molten Giant from an Unstable Portal, and between that and Deathwing, he didn't last long.

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris

Ruined me for a few hours, then did the last one in one try with little difficulty

ZZMitch

Got the Heroic stuff done! The last boss was fun. Needed to draw Power Word Shield and Crazed Alchemist relatively early to have a good chance.

The second one I beat on the first try with a freeze mage like deck with MCT.

Mr Cola

Seriously gang up is just perfect for heroic boss one, so many combos you can do, hell you only need a sneeds and all spells/spell damage, or a malygos with just spells

ZZMitch

Seriously gang up is just perfect for heroic boss one, so many combos you can do, hell you only need a sneeds and all spells/spell damage, or a malygos with just spells

Didn't think of Gang Up for the first one! Good idea. I beat it with a Priest deck with fun cards like Mind Games, Resurrect, and Mind Vision and stuff.

Mr Cola

Didn't think of Gang Up for the first one! Good idea. I beat it with a Priest deck with fun cards like Mind Games and Mind Vision and stuff.

Oooh thats one to try, priest, resurrect, pick a few choice minions

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
I think Face Hunter may even be better at climbing latter at the moment, since tons of people are now trying to play slow decks. Normally you just win by turn 6, so Emperor never even comes into play.

Ashodin

SPnAFmzh.png

Come on dude, you are dead.

Dat Thaurissan mirror match.

YTTN0euh.png

G O L D E N H E R O

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Geez, I just realized I have never seen Bane of Doom before. I don't even have the card. Enemy Warlock got Jaraxais off it. Didn't help him though.

Dahbomb

Real talk though I don't think Malygos Shaman is going to be that good without Lava Shock (the mana crystal unlock card). That deck runs WAY too many overloads.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"

Priest is great with ressurect. Force Tank Max is also a serious MVP for a non legendary. Take out war golems and boulderfist ogres with the divine shield.

Fixed1979

lmao, back to back against druid (really hoping it was the same guy), pulled Rag on turn 4 from Mindgames. Insta-conceed. I'm sure it'll pull a elven archer for me from now on out.

EDIT: Nope pulled Alex the next game.

gutshot

Beat the first Heroic boss on the first try when I got KT out of the Pile Up and was able to clear his board with my Sky Golem and Sunwalker and then get everything back.

Sounds like the second boss needs to be beat with either freeze Mage or mill Druid?

egruntz

shelaughz
Haha, is it competitive? I might try out that list when I get home.

I have a 75% win rate so far. Face Hunter hurts. Anything that's aggro sort of beats it, tbh, cause there's no heal and they use cheap minions, so the card draws really just aid them.

Seems to wreck nearly every other archetype as long as you make smart trades. The idea is to use cheap removal to survive the early game. Use Gang Up on Cold Light Oracle. Use Preparations on Vanishes, and use Vanishes when boards are full to destroy their board or at least get them to mill. Pandas and Shadowsteps to be used on Cold Light as well.

Emperor Balanced really isn't needed but I don't know what to replace him with. He's kind of pointless in the deck since the deck is so cheap to play (mana-cost wise). I mean Prep and Shadowstep aid in that very factor.

It's just fucking fun. Not necessarily competitive, but if you play it smartly, it'll do wonders.

ViviOggi

Holy shit the salt from Savjz, Freeze Mage mirror has become utterly idiotic

It's literally a coin flip of who draws Emperor Balance-san first

Firebad didn't even play the rest of the series well
cBj1LTf.png

Dahbomb

Holy shit the salt from Savjz, Freeze Mage mirror has become utterly idiotic

It's literally a coin flip of who draws Emperor Balance-san first

Firebad didn't even play the rest of the series well
cBj1LTf.png
Having Mirror Image secret is a good "counter" to Emperor.

They have to think twice about playing it.

The best is if you use Mirror Image on an Emperor and then IMMEDIATELY use Arcane Intellects next for maximum value.

I was messing around with a lot of variations and dropped down to rank 15 and came upon some priest deck trying to cheese out alex -> velen mind blast. lol. Except I'm a paladin running lay on hands and 2 healbots. After he alex'd, bgh + healbot easy. And then when he velen's, velen's chosen, mind blast for 12 damage, I just shrug it off playing equality lay on hands... then he concedes.

I guess the best part about thaurisian is that he is encourging a lot of experimentation with old deck archetypes. The first deck I went to was old school nax shaman doom/alakir builds. Once shamans get their other class cards I am going to revisit because both those cards are probably badass in it.

I'm still undecided on thaurissian in paladin. But I think at least until the rest of the cards come out, he is a fun addition at the very least. Not sure if it is actually worth it for most match ups.

Gotchaye

I tried watching Reynad's stream for the first time last night and it's just surreal. Like the internet version of a dunk tank - pay money to have your insults put on the screen. Hilarious for a little while, but I don't really see the lasting appeal.

Dragner

Yeah, I can see Emperor getting played in every non-aggro deck, but I'm not sure Blizzard actually thinks it's a problem for one card to be ubiquitous when the function of that card is to make lots of kinds of decks playable. Dr. Boom is problematic because it's just an auto-include in otherwise-viable decks - like, you could remove the card from the game and the meta would plausibly be pretty similar (except there'd be fewer BGHs). Emperor creates a big shift towards slower decks that have lots of cards in hand or which have combos that would be great except they cost 11 mana.

The problem is that you can mostly blank Doctor Boom (BGH that every deck runs). You cant blank emperor, once he touches the battlefield...you need to remove him asap and he already generated 5-8 mana...thats insane value.

Mr Cola

I tried watching Reynad's stream for the first time last night and it's just surreal. Like the internet version of a dunk tank - pay money to have your insults put on the screen. Hilarious for a little while, but I don't really see the lasting appeal.

Im amazed he streamed more than an hour, usually he loses a few times, says hearthstone is bad, says twitch chat is bad and this is why the community sucks then logs off, this is after saying "We are gonna stream a while today".

Ive never seen someone hate the game they play so much as Reynad

Beat Heroic Thaurissan with Priest. I ran a priest deck with mostly early game cards, two crazed alchemists, and three silences. The MVP was double lightwell and the divine spirit inner fire combo. I think the AI was cheating a bit though. One of my losses happened because for almost the entire game I had two lightwells on the board that Thaurissan ignored until I drew Inner fire, at which point they both ate shit, despite other minions on being on the board.

Dahbomb

Face hunter or some Emporer deck.

This is the game we play now.
Sounds about right based on the games I have played online.

Also sprinkled in the new Warrior Patron OTK combo. That shit dropped me from 26 to below 10 in a turn... still won the game though.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
If someone mills a minion from you, does that get added to the pile for Resurrect to work? I'm guessing no but I'm not sure how the 'graveyard' of this really works.

Ashodin

The best was that win I posted earlier, Thaurissan lasted three turns and he still couldn't stop me

I AM THE PALADIN BREH

WELL MET

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom