• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT3| Preparing for the Ball of Spiders Meta

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chmpocalypse

Blizzard
So apparently if you Recombobulate a minion that has had its cost reduced by Thaurissan, you get a minion at the reduced cost level. So Recombobulating an Antique Healbot would give you a Yeti, for example. And if you Recombobulate a Molten Giant it straight up crashes the game.

Nice QA testing there, Blizz.

: (

I tested this

But never saw that

CoolOff

Just had the most infuriating Hunter-loss in a while. I was Warrior, with a perfect starting hand against Face Hunter. Lo and behold, turn 1 Leper Gnome. Then it continues like it usually does with Wolf Rider etc. until I proc a Freezing Trap from his Scientist instead of Explosive. I'm like "huh, curious" but that's still fairly standard. Then on turn 6 he drops a freaking Highmane. Nothing I could do from there on out. The thing is, the deck is most likely inferior to both more specialized Hunter-lists, and he still doesn't have to make any intelligent plays in order to win.

TL;DR: Lost to face/mid-range hybrid and am salty.

Im amazed he streamed more than an hour, usually he loses a few times, says hearthstone is bad, says twitch chat is bad and this is why the community sucks then logs off, this is after saying "We are gonna stream a while today".

Ive never seen someone hate the game they play so much as Reynad

I truly don't think he hates HS at all. This is his shtick. He plays Reynad the Twitch character as his livelihood. It gets him a ton of viewers and subscribers.

Hearthstone_Screenshot_04_03_15_20_36_56.png

This was a bit insane. I didn't want to play more minions to walk into MCT or a brawl since I was quite far ahead. So my Thaurissian survived like 4 rounds giving me like 1 mana senjins etc.. I played 5 minions for 5 mana and could have played more but for that damnable 7 minion cap!

This guy was trying to play some grim patron deck... but he also had ysera.

Levi

Banned
I truly don't think he hates HS at all. This is his shtick. He plays Reynad the Twitch character as his livelihood. It gets him a ton of viewers and subscribers.

If all day was like what I saw, he was making a minimum of 3$/minute for 24 hours, plus many donations were above the 3$ minimum, plus new sub revenue plus ad revenue. It's amazing to me what top streamers earn.

NameGenerated

Who paid you to grab Dr. Pavel?
Just had the most infuriating Hunter-loss in a while. I was Warrior, with a perfect starting hand against Face Hunter. Lo and behold, turn 1 Leper Gnome. Then it continues like it usually does with Wolf Rider etc. until I proc a Freezing Trap from his Scientist instead of Explosive. I'm like "huh, curious" but that's still fairly standard. Then on turn 6 he drops a freaking Highmane. Nothing I could do from there on out. The thing is, the deck is most likely inferior to both more specialized Hunter-lists, and he still doesn't have to make any intelligent plays in order to win.

I never got the mindset of "such and such deck doesn't run _______."

or you fight someone and they play Bestial Wrath and it puts them ahead. "What who runs that card? Come on."

Like, put what you want in the deck, if it works then good.

Not an attack against you, just in general. It happens in Magic too.

Yeah, I think he likes the game. I mean, he clearly gets frustrated at times but so do a lot of streamers and I know I get frustrated at times. I still love and plan on playing the game for years if it remains well supported.

Also, he did a 24 hour stream yesterday (not all HS though). I watched him start and end the 24 hour stream.

Dragner

Cleaned heroic wing was fairly easy.

First stage cleaned with a standard freeze mage.

2nd stage cleaned with monstruosity mage with 2x BGH, 2x MCT, 2 x faceless manipulator 2x mirror entity, 2x polimorph and burn, I MCTed his mogor, then faceless it, then mirror his sneed, poli his and GG no re.

3rd stage is stupidly easy with priest, just impossible to lose.

gutshot

Ha! That sounds a lot like the deck I am running. I do it for that exact reason, no one expects it.

Dragner

Can someone help out with a budget deck for the Heroic arena boss? I've been stuck forever. :(

If you have naxx run mad scientist with duplicate and mirror entity. Polimorphs and burn and aoe. If you have access to BGH and MCTech I suggest to run those, they make the run a lot more easy.

Also mage hero power is really key to clear hero power guys.

Dahbomb

Can someone help out with a budget deck for the Heroic arena boss? I've been stuck forever. :(
Which boss you are having trouble with?

First boss you can beat with Druid using a budget deck. Have some removals.

2x Naturalize
2x Starfire
2x Swipe

A bunch of heavy dudes + big taunts.

2x Bolder Ogre
2x War Golem
2x Mech Tank
2x Sunwalker

Having buff cards is helpful as well.

Also works with a Priest and you can run Divine Spirit + Inner Fire combo to buff up your big dudes when they come and just go face.

2nd boss you can beat with a budget Priest.

2x Shadow Word Death
2x BGH
2x Mind Control Tech
2x Mind Control
2x Thought Steals (guaranteed Legendaries)

Basically just steal his stuff and remove his stuff in the process.

You can also use a Mill Rogue deck which is also fairly cheap.

Freeze Mage wrecks him too. If he puts out a Lore Walker Cho it's an INSTANT WIN if you have Frost Nova. You just keep playing Frost Nova while his board is filled up and he just mills himself while giving you Frost Nova back.

Steal their stuff basically.

3rd boss you basically need a Priest again.

2x Crazed Alchemist (most important card in this match up)
2x Shadow word pain
2x Light wells
2x Inner Fire
2x Divine Spirit
2x Light of Naaru
2x Clerics
2x Circle of Healing
2x Shadow Madness
4x Silences (any combination you want)

(Don't put any taunt or any AOE clear in the deck)

You basically get one big creature out through Divine Spirit + Inner Fire combo and he has trouble clearing it. Light Wells give you enough heal to survive.

Vire

If you have naxx run mad scientist with duplicate and mirror entity. Polimorphs and burn and aoe. If you have access to BGH and MCTech I suggest to run those, they make the run a lot more easy.

Also mage hero power is really key to clear hero power guys.
Thank you, I have everything you mentioned besides the BGH. I'll try and work something out.

EDIT: Thanks DahBomb! I was having trouble with the second boss on heroic so I'll also try what you mentioned.

Magnus

On a roll now, rising up the ranks with my main priest deck.

I've been playing since last August, and never in all that time have I encountered so many Rage Quits. God damn. And not just because of the Emperor, but just because of good plays involving….well, almost anything a Priest does well. It's hilarious.

As I was typing this waiting for my opponent to make his turn 6 move, he rage quit too…. lol. He'd just dropped a Sylvanas to combat my Emperor, and I went face with the Emp to get one more turn of reduced mana costs to cards, and he quit. lol

--

Oh man, a face-hunting Priest levelled me this afternoon. Two Shadowforms used by turn 3. Boom, dude was nuking me for 3 damage a pop, and let loose with Velen on turn 7. I nearly came back for awhile but the nukage was too strong.

When you have a 71% win rate for the day, take a break, and then come back only to find that you only get the worst possible hands 3 games in a row. Cool. I really hate when I get outplayed.

Kettch

There's nothing quite like losing against a face hunter and then getting Mal'ganis off a Bane of Doom on his Wolf Rider. Sweet justice.

Dahbomb

In all fairness, Emperor has enabled a lot more types of decks than Dr Balanced did. Dr Balanced is basically a "vanilla" Legendary in that you don't play him for the synergy, you play him for the stats value. Sure Mech Mage can use him as a burst, late game option with Mech synergy but they usually win without him.

Emperor enables a lot of new playstyles and makes cards like Conceal, Ancient's Call etc more viable.

Ashodin

Emperor Balanced makes combos WAY more viable, which is awesome.

I'm sure in testing they were like "OMFG HES NUTS" but then they realized "hmm late game actually can have wild combos" because let's be honest, late game was usually "drop ur 8 to 9 mana minions and trade or steamroll".

Cider X

Echo of Medivh on an Emperor Balanced board... Holy shit. Also what's with all these mill rogues lately? Been farming them today with my weirdo Mage control deck.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
People are hyped about aggro warrior now, just wait until axe flinger and dragon egg.

Magnus

Now I'm 11-1 going up the ladder with this priest deck. Yay! Rank 14 now.

Who's considered one of the best priest players in the world, who also has a Twitch channel or whatever? I wish to watch and learn.

Cider X

Now I'm 11-1 going up the ladder with this priest deck. Yay! Rank 14 now.

Who's considered one of the best priest players in the world, who also has a Twitch channel or whatever? I wish to watch and learn.

Zetalot - he almost exclusively plays priest on stream and is very informative. Sometimes the music is godawful though.

gutshot

Kibler has been playing a lot of priest recently and getting pretty high up in legend with it. Unfortunately he won't be streaming for another week or so since he is at a Magic tournament.

Magnus

Just fought the most irritating match in 8 months of HS - Mill Rogue. The Oracles, Saps, Vanishes, omg.

I persisted, though, and ultimately melted him, despite having him burn at least 7 of my cards and return over 10 cards to my hand. So, so satisfying.

I've truly never seen so many people concede before, as opposed to just being killed. So many early concessions.

Zetalot - he almost exclusively plays priest on stream and is very informative. Sometimes the music is godawful though.

Kibler has been playing a lot of priest recently and getting pretty high up in legend with it. Unfortunately he won't be streaming for another week or so since he is at a Magic tournament.

Thanks!

Sande

Screw it, I think I'll just cave in and buy the damn DLC. I don't really feel like collecting gold for like 10-15 days per wing. Funny how free to play games are the most expensive games out there if you don't feel like grinding for weeks to get anything.

You guys weren't kidding, Emperor T is DEADLY in Druid decks lol

Got him out pretty early with an ironbark protector, ragnaros and mecha bear cat in my hand

Edit - And ugh @ fatigue druid, what a long pointless game

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom