• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT3| Preparing for the Ball of Spiders Meta

Status
Not open for further replies.

Visceir

Resurrect should not trigger Wild Pyro. Literally 100% bullshit.

People who play Face Hunter disturb me. Looking at it from a psychological angle, why are you playing it? To win? But what is the point of winning if you did nothing to earn that win? Because you didn't make the deck, and you didn't use any particular set of skills or intelligence to win. So what is the point? Winning for the sake of winning? Sure you can hit legend with it, but what does that get you? You can show off to all your friends that you hit Legend, I guess.

I don't really mind, since I've just ran a quicker variation on Control Warrior today. I'm loving that win rate.

Earning gold would be a good reason for winning~ -- especially if you can do it quickly and efficiently.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist

People who play Face Hunter disturb me. Looking at it from a psychological angle, why are you playing it? To win? But what is the point of winning if you did nothing to earn that win? Because you didn't make the deck, and you didn't use any particular set of skills or intelligence to win. So what is the point? Winning for the sake of winning? Sure you can hit legend with it, but what does that get you? You can show off to all your friends that you hit Legend, I guess.

I don't really mind, since I've just ran a quicker variation on Control Warrior today. I'm loving that win rate.
Usually until level 5-10, its just a grind for wins, since Face Hunter has the lowest average match times its a great choice to grind until you get skilled opponents, then you can pull out your deck that takes 20 minutes per match.

I didn't touch it until it was winning tournaments. It is a major player in the meta like it or not. I really don't like it but if it is a legitimate part of the current meta it should be played and understood. I do also think it is a broken build and should be nerfed somehow. After playing it a bit I also understand that I suck with it because I am too control oriented. I have a difficult time going face all day.

I didn't touch it until it was winning tournaments. It is a major player in the meta like it or not. I really don't like it but if it is a legitimate part of the current meta it should be played and understood. I do also think it is a broken build and should be nerfed somehow. After playing it a bit I also understand that I suck with it because I am too control oriented. I have a difficult time going face all day.

It plays similar to Mono-Red in MTG, but the hero power gives recursive damage so it's much more face orientated. I can kind of see why people would play it, and I can't deny that it's strong even in tournament settings, I just can't imagine grinding to Legend with it.

Having a ton of fun playing a warrior grim patron deck with tons of enrage minions.

Also the mage BRM challenge was awesome. I wish there was a true casual mode where you could play against battle net friends with similar random decks.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
I really like quick shot in my face hunter deck:
facefaceface.jpg

Deck has a 70% win rate so far, being 23-10, though its also the deck I'm using to quickly climb though the ladder so its no a huge surprise.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Some interesting card choices there. Can you expand on why you run two kill commands?

For the reach to get around taunts, or possibly blow up taunts. Maybe, every once in a while, even kill a high propriety minion with it that isn't even taunted.

Levi

Banned
Edit: Took the GD screenshot too early. :(

I had a turn 9 Force of Nature/Savage Roar/Savage Roar with no innervate, thanks to our new lord and savior Emperor Balance.

Dahbomb

I really like quick shot in my face hunter deck:
facefaceface.jpg

Deck has a 70% win rate so far, being 23-10, though its also the deck I'm using to quickly climb though the ladder so its no a huge surprise.
I would just take out an abusive Sergeant for a second Arcane Golem. Better reach to have more chance at scumbag wins.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
I'm honestly surprised more people don't just run Annoyatron, the card is great vs aggro decks. Unstable Ghoul also works really well in Warrior decks I feel, and am surprised I don't encounter it more.

Dahbomb

I'm honestly surprised more people don't just run Annoyatron, the card is great vs aggro decks. Unstable Ghoul also works really well in Warrior decks I feel, and am surprised I don't encounter it more.
I was talking up Unstable Ghoul a while back. Thing is that Control Warrior already does decent against Face Hunter.

Most people use Zombie Chow over Annoyotron though. Comes out one turn early and trades up. I think at start of GvG some Handlock decks used to run Annoyotron. I used to run it in Handlock as well but found Zombie Chow to do a better job. Handlock already has enough taunts anyway.

Rapstah

Here's my attempt at an enrage-style Warrior deck. It basically wins if you get a good start and your opponent doesn't, but I feel like that's true of a lot of decks.

enragedecks1uq1.png

The Upgrades are from when it ran two Spiteful Smith and the finisher was Gorehowl + 2 * Upgrade. They'll probably be replaced by Axe Flingers whenever that wing of BRM releases.

Gothos

Could anyone give me his Bnet tag so I can add him to my friend list and spectate his game to complete the daily quest? :)

Mulgrok

I decided to try building a crappy face hunter build today, because why not.

The most satisfactory cheese win was against a druid with ermperor balance. (Every druid I encountered today used him)

I was at around 2 hp
He was at 11 hp

I had nothing on the board and only an Animal Companion in my hand
He had a bunch of legendaries on the board and at least 6 cards in his hand

When my last turn came up he decided to taunt me, which for some reason really annoyed me that time.

I drew kill command, put down companion which cast as huffer, hero ability and that was it for him.

Lesson for the day, stay classy and don't taunt on your opponent's last turn. :p

Lumine

It's another 1 drop that likely does face damage before it dies. It can also be used to trade up I suppose, for example against a 3/2 or even higher when you couple it with glaivezooka or abusive sergeant. I don't run the card in my hunter, but it's more of slightly slower mid-range type anyway. It seems like a good addition for the face hunter deck.

Haunted

What's going on today? I've had 3 out of 4 people concede to me in the early/midgame.

Is everyone just trying to rank up quickly and they don't want to play against control warrior? Fucking annoying.

Malice215

Does anyone else run into instant concede players in ranked?

Just had 3 in a row

I had 1 concede this morning against a mech mage right after losing to two mech mages in a row when I started playing this morning.

I don't have a problem with people playing the same crap, but when people play the same crap and don't bother to put up a fight when there's a response to their opening plays.

0IuxgYn.jpg

Or people probably just want to roll face to rank up and don't want to bother with actually playing the game out.

As for QA testing, we're in it right now. Don't know how they add a card like Emp and miss those basic things with it. What else are we bound to find once the other cards are released.

Been doing a few games with mill rogue at ~rank 14. It's pretty fun, but it makes me really want a good midrange deck that uses Gang Up. That card is super versatile and fun, but I don't really want to play mill all the time.

ViviOggi

Topdecking and wrecking Shockadin cancerlord into a Mech Mage kid roping every single turn only to play an on-curve minion last second
cBj1LTf.png

Kunohara

Could anyone give me his Bnet tag so I can add him to my friend list and spectate his game to complete the daily quest? :)

Hey, you can add me also. I just got the quest myself. Anyone feel free to add me, and let me know if I can add you as well. The more the merrier. Kunohara#2887. Sorry, I'm on NA.

It's another 1 drop that likely does face damage before it dies. It can also be used to trade up I suppose, for example against a 3/2 or even higher when you couple it with glaivezooka or abusive sergeant. I don't run the card in my hunter, but it's more of slightly slower mid-range type anyway. It seems like a good addition for the face hunter deck.

The main use (besides going face), is to go face.

Beyond going face, it is really there to take out zombie chows. Without the stealth, you risk your opponent getting a board presence which means you have no choice but to ignore it and go face.

The main use (besides going face), is to go face.

Beyond going face, it is really there to take out zombie chows. Without the stealth, you risk your opponent getting a board presence which means you have no choice but to ignore it and go face.

You should write a primer to help new players figure out face hunter. :p

iNvid02

they told me 5 swipes were too much, they were wrong ᕦ( ͡°╭͜ʖ╮͡° )ᕤ

lR2j4DM.jpg

worgen infiltrator is a good tool to combo glaivezooka or abusive sergeant, because it doesn't die to hero power like leper gnome

but yeah if they don't play anything on turn 2 just hit face. If he wants to hero power off-curve to remove it then good for him

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom