• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT3| Preparing for the Ball of Spiders Meta

Status
Not open for further replies.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
GvG packs hate me. I got 1200 dust and just pulled a Mimiron's Head that I'm considering dusting to finally get Boom.

GvG packs hate me. I got 1200 dust and just pulled a Mimiron's Head that I'm considering dusting to finally get Boom.

Here's a fun anecdote; back when GvG released, i bought a whole bunch of packs and found myself with 1600 dust and couldn't decide on which new legendary to craft, Mimiron or Boom.

I went with Mimiron because I was absolutely sure miracle mech rogue could be a thing.

Moral of this story - Dust that dummy robot head and get the good doctor post haste.

13k people watching Reckful who has been stuck at rank 20 for hours...

To be fair he is playing a really old school miracle rogue build that had been nerfed about 10 times by now.

He also is not taking it seriously cause he doesn't care about hearthstone anymore. He is only streaming HS because it is easy and he doesn't have a main game to replace HS yet. Also his fan base really wants him to keep streaming despite all that. So good for him, playing a game he doesn't really like because his audience wants to watch him anyway.

Special C

Ok ok ok. Maybe I should have taken the time to spell check my list. Or maybe it's not a good idea to make a post like that from a tablet. Regardless, thanks for the feedback.

The good Doctor didn't study for 8 years to have his name dragged through the mud. He is clearly a doctor of Scientology.
surprise.gif

To be fair he is playing a really old school miracle rogue build that had been nerfed about 10 times by now.

He also is not taking it seriously cause he doesn't care about hearthstone anymore. He is only streaming HS because it is easy and he doesn't have a main game to replace HS yet. Also his fan base really wants him to keep streaming despite all that. So good for him, playing a game he doesn't really like because his audience wants to watch him anyway.

Reckful so edgy.

Reckful is playing HS because he wants money. That's about it. xD He can't play WoW anymore, and he was really only good with Miracle Rogue when he did play HS, so now he "begrudgingly" plays it. No respect for Reckful.

KePoW

Banned
i don't know this Reckful guy... what game does he usually play nowdays?? I haven't seen him in HS streamer list before, but I've only started watching twitch maybe one or two months ago

johnsmith

remember me
Reckful so edgy.

Reckful is playing HS because he wants money. That's about it. xD He can't play WoW anymore, and he was really only good with Miracle Rogue when he did play HS, so now he "begrudgingly" plays it. No respect for Reckful.

Reckful is entertaining, that's all that matters. No streamer has ever made me laugh as much as he has.

Levi

Banned
9-3 in constructed ranked today, all with Midrange Paladin. Lost against both priests I faced, and lost once in the mirror match, but had a lot of success the rest of the day and even beat a golden portraitt, legend cardback midrange hunter. (That game was awesome, a knife juggler missed 4 minions to hit his face to give me exact lethal with consecration+truesilver.)

I dropped from 14 to 17 last time I played when I was trying to learn Priest, and got all those ranks back today.

I also pulled Cairne Bloodhoof from a pack, which was a legendary I have been wanting for my collection but didn't want to spend any dust since it doesn't fit into the meta.

Celegus

That's neat, getting a card burnt up from a full hand after a rogue uses vanish apparently triggers deathrattle. Didn't have room for Tirion in my hand, but the weapon popped and gave me the win.

Type2

Good old priest dealing with 4 dr. Booms in a single game thanks to a funky gang up rogue. For being kind of strange the deck up a lot of pressure. I played northshire first turn and he daggers into it allowing me a free draw and did the same play next turn. I though okay this guys stupid or running mill rogue so I didn't bother drawing more cards. Then the game turns into a midrange rogue deck with tinkers and gang up.

Pooya

got Flame Leviathan, this is gotta be the worst big legendary card in the game. ah

You announce your opponents I have this card in my hand.
The effect can totally ruin your own play. You can't anticipate in any way obviously
It's a useless expensive 7/7 on it's own, in case it just ends up in your hand it's completely useless.

Card needs a buff... Make it deal 4 damage to enemy characters, I wouldn't dust it then. didn't notice how bad it is before cause nobody ever uses it in the game.. make it a battlecry maybe, that's still better than trash tier currently.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
As the resident Face Hunter lover in this thread, I can tell you sadly this is not true. Seems about 30% to 40% to me just estimating

I guess I should rephrase:

When I am against face hunter, it is huffer. When I use it, I get leokk. I am helping you all out in the end.

I've forgotten how stupid thoughtsteal is, and with all the omg power creep the card only gets better now that decks are full of amazing cards

They always get my emperor so they get to play their emperor for 5 mana

Amaz gets regular hate here. And I guess I can kinda understand cause he casts pinnacle and sometimes other tournaments. But personally I don't mind him at all and I prefer him over some other casters, like noxious, and then there are some casters who mumble or just don't speak English coherently enough and they should never be let near an English broadcast until they get public speaking lessons.

As for Amaz's stream, I like it but its broadcast at an awkward early hour and I just can't stand how his moments of craze just getting loud momentarily... it is just too jarring for the morning. But he lives in Hong Kong right? So it is night for him.

Rapstah

I can't hate Amaz, which is weird because I can easily hate most of the other popular HS streamers. Weird how that works.

KePoW

Banned
Amaz gets regular hate here. And I guess I can kinda understand cause he casts pinnacle and sometimes other tournaments. But personally I don't mind him at all and I prefer him over some other casters, like noxious, and then there are some casters who mumble or just don't speak English coherently enough and they should never be let near an English broadcast until they get public speaking lessons

I certainly agree there are worse casters out there, based on the reasons you said. But that's setting a really low comparison bar

Dragner

Amaz acts like the tipical "gurl streamer" (dont confund with a girl streaming that is totally fine) being all giggly and overracting for everything acting like he love us all...is funny because he is a guy and rednecks usually dont throw money to male streamers but apparently it works for him.

He is a great player though is logical he is followed I just cant stand his roleplays.

caesar

Banned
Amaz gets regular hate here. And I guess I can kinda understand cause he casts pinnacle and sometimes other tournaments. But personally I don't mind him at all and I prefer him over some other casters, like noxious, and then there are some casters who mumble or just don't speak English coherently enough and they should never be let near an English broadcast until they get public speaking lessons.

As for Amaz's stream, I like it but its broadcast at an awkward early hour and I just can't stand how his moments of craze just getting loud momentarily... it is just too jarring for the morning. But he lives in Hong Kong right? So it is night for him.
Its not about his casting but his shady tournament crap

SteveWD40

Got a ton of Paladin dailies, what's a good deck these days for Pally? I have most of the good cards to cost isn't a huge factor.

Dragner

Got a ton of Paladin dailies, what's a good deck these days for Pally? I have most of the good cards to cost isn't a huge factor.

Go with the last list from strifecro...guy is probably the best paladin player in the world cant go wrong (and overall he is top 3 of the world).

Acinixys

Emperor Thaurissan can seriously go suck a dick

Who OKd that card?

Just played 3 mages in a row

All used Unstable Portal and all of them got the Emperor

Thanks for sucking at balance Blizzard

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
I used to love watching Reynad because he had a good mix of sarcasm, intelligence and explanation, along with creating nice decks. Then he started going to tournaments and got viewers and turned angry and spiteful, what he has revealed and said about other players is disgusting, he is hypocritical and even openly admitted to such on his stream. Now he comes on, streams for an hour or so, says HS is badly designed, isnt fun and he hates streaming it and more often than not stops playing if he loses a game or two, or reverts to aggro.

Dragner

I used to love watching Reynad because he had a good mix of sarcasm, intelligence and explanation, along with creating nice decks. Then he started going to tournaments and got viewers and turned angry and spiteful, what he has revealed and said about other players is disgusting, he is hypocritical and even openly admitted to such on his stream. Now he comes on, streams for an hour or so, says HS is badly designed, isnt fun and he hates streaming it and more often than not stops playing if he loses a game or two, or reverts to aggro.

Nothing new under the sun, Reynad was already a really shady personality when he was into Magic. Then he got banned for cheating and magic was the worst and bla bla bla.

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
Nothing new under the sun, Reynad was already a really shady personality when he was into Magic. Then he got banned for cheating and magic was the worst and bla bla bla.

The MagicAmy scenario really turned me off him, he went on a huge rant about how bad the HS community is, how intolerable they were for hounding this girl or asking for explanations, which I get, it was unfair to witchhunt and reveal info (Though blaming the whole community is stupid as it was a small subsection). However for him to say this after the constant belittling of other players on his stream, for calling Lea a whore, for bad mouthing and revealing details about private moments at tournaments, calling Amaz an "Autistic Sociopath Monkey". He has absolutely no care about who he trash talks and has gotten worse the more responsibility he has been granted in the scene.

Raytow

Emperor Thaurissan can seriously go suck a dick

Who OKd that card?

Just played 3 mages in a row

All used Unstable Portal and all of them got the Emperor

Thanks for sucking at balance Blizzard
Getting him from the portal is the problem not him, make him not "portable" so you don't get it for 4 mana, that is disgusting.

raiot

MVP of the day?

Foe Reaper versus Heroic Dark Iron Arena!
He also played a King Mukkla the turn after I stole him with my priest!
Every Turn was: Heal Foe Reaper, Attack the 1/1 Taunt, everything else he plays dies... :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom