• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT3| Preparing for the Ball of Spiders Meta

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zemm

13k people watching Reckful who has been stuck at rank 20 for hours...

I went to bed when he put it on sub mode chat because of the 'backstab (like you back stabbed Jenna)' spam which I thought was hilarious. Unless he leaves it on sub mode forever his chat will be like that all the time. Good times.

Rapstah

I saw someone honestly calling Sylvanas "Savannas" in Twitch chat. What is it with that card and people having problems spelling it?

iNvid02

grim patron just saved my ass against a paladin with a sword of justiced ogre, couple of blessing of kings, divine shields and other minions.

i kept pinging him and hitting his 1/1s and eventually the board was flooded with him lol

love this guy
14435.png

Speaking of Sylvanas, I ran into a weird Control Hunter deck last night that ran Sylvanas, Zombie Chow, Sludge Belcher, and a bunch of other non-standard Hunter cards. I got him down to 1 health with Druid Combo with a Shieldmasta on board, he had Sylvanas, a Gnomish Inventor, and an Azure Drake. He cast Explosive shot (the 5 damage, 2 to adjacent minions spell) on his own Sylvanas to steal my Shieldmasta to try and block my one damage hero power to stay alive. I thought that was pretty clever, although the deck was garbage overall. But it didn't work because I had a Black Knight in hand just waiting for him to taunt up.

Speaking of Sylvanas, I ran into a weird Control Hunter deck last night that ran Sylvanas, Zombie Chow, Sludge Belcher, and a bunch of other non-standard Hunter cards. I got him down to 1 health with Druid Combo with a Shieldmasta on board, he had Sylvanas, a Gnomish Inventor, and an Azure Drake. He cast Explosive shot (the 5 damage, 2 to adjacent minions spell) on his own Sylvanas to steal my Shieldmasta to try and block my one damage hero power to stay alive. I thought that was pretty clever, although the deck was garbage overall. But it didn't work because I had a Black Knight in hand just waiting for him to taunt up.

Yo, you're supposed to throw matches vs non-face hunters to encourage non-face hunter decks.

ViviOggi

Kids still trying to play "Control" Hunter smh

All Hunter will ever control is the face whether through cancerous zerg minions or overbudgeted midgame drops

Dreavus

You probably don't see many other hunter decks besides the aggressive ones because that's what their hero power facilitates. 2 damage "on a stick" gives them some reach helps them end the game before the control decks can come online.

If you gave the hunter hero power to Warrior we'd probably see lots of "Face Warrior". I think if Blizzard ever wants to move Hunter away from aggro (which is not necessarily what they want to do) they'd have to do something to switch up their hero power to make it go along with other strategies. Honestly I think it's what they tried to do with that GvG minion that lets you shoot minions with your hero power, but it didn't end up seeing much play IIRC.

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
Such an urge to craft Bane of Doom but it feels like its going through a phase of use now and wont be in the long run.

Danj

Regarding playing on-curve/using as much mana as you can, should you play a minion even if it would mean wasting its battlecry? Like Shattered Sun Cleric on turn 3 when you have no other minions for example.

Levi

Banned
Regarding playing on-curve/using as much mana as you can, should you play a minion even if it would mean wasting its battlecry? Like Shattered Sun Cleric on turn 3 when you have no other minions for example.

That's a situational call, but I think in most cases I'd rather contest the board and ignore card text than hero power/pass. A lot of it depends on what point the game is and what my opponents likely next turn is. If I'm playing against handlock or control warrior, I wouldn't play an Aldor or BGH on curve because the battlecry effect is so strong against those classes. If I'm playing against an aggro deck I'm putting whatever I can on the board to remove their little minions and protect my life total.

Dahbomb

Depends on the mode (Constructed vs Arena) and what I am playing against.

If I am playing against an aggro deck and I have a BGH with no other good turn 3 play then I am putting it down. But against control decks that BGH stays in hand.

Iryx

What's this "You or your opponent do not meet the rating requirements to earn gold" thing?

Apparently there is a ton of bots at rank 20 auto-conceding against each other farming golden hero wins. I don't know the details of how Blizzard handles matchmaking rating, but there seems to be some system in place meant to discourage this kind of bot farming, and all these bots get low enough rating that their opponents don't get gold or stars, but it still counts as a win for the golden hero for some reason.

Danj

Apparently there is a ton of bots at rank 20 auto-conceding against each other farming golden hero wins. I don't know the details of how Blizzard handles matchmaking rating, but there seems to be some system in place meant to discourage this kind of bot farming, and all these bots get low enough rating that their opponents don't get gold or stars, but it still counts as a win for the golden hero for some reason.

I'm disappointed that I'm so bad at the game it thinks I'm a bot :(

Dreavus

I wonder if the spectating quest is a way to slightly reduce the gold flow for arena tickets? I'm actually okay with getting an original set pack since I hardly see those anymore, but it is an overall reduction in how much gold players are getting with that quest in the mix, but with the chance at an extra pack thrown on top.

Or, less cynically, it's just to try and build up the community a little bit. Let's go with that instead!

I'm disappointed that I'm so bad at the game it thinks I'm a bot :(

I think it only happens if you concede a lot of games early on to tank your ranking. I guess it also might happen if your opponent did that previously. I've never seen it personally but if it only happens that one time it means it was your opponent and not you with the problem.

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
Does anyone here run bane of doom in a serious midlock deck?

Rapstah

I don't have the sound on, but what just happened in the Kinguin tournament looked suspiciously like someone no-showing. I'm sure the casters can talk for 45 minutes straight instead.

gutshot

What would be a good replacement for Cenarius in a midrange/combo druid deck? I have everything else to run that deck but am just missing that one legendary. Would Piloted Sky Golem work? I'd be curving a little lower and losing out on some Savage Roar synergy but it is a sticky mid/late game minion.

johnsmith

remember me
What would be a good replacement for Cenarius in a midrange/combo druid deck? I have everything else to run that deck but am just missing that one legendary. Would Piloted Sky Golem work? I'd be curving a little lower and losing out on some Savage Roar synergy but it is a sticky mid/late game minion.
Anything really. I have Cenarius but didn't even use him in the fast Druid I used to grind my gold portrait. Piloted sky golem, black knight, Harrison jones, emperor, etc.

FeD.nL

Hate losing against stupid decks that get perfect draws. Was facing a druid with double Hobgoblin, gets both his hobgoblins and double savage roar in his first 9 cards.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom