• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT3| Preparing for the Ball of Spiders Meta

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dahbomb

Dat scumbag Owl top dick to counter Malganis for the lethal!

Face Hunter does not give a FUCK about your Emperor Balanced or Bane of Doom popping Malganis!

Dat scumbag Owl top dick to counter Malganis for the lethal!

Face Hunter does not give a FUCK about your Emperor Balanced or Bane of Doom popping Malganis!

Sadly, this is true. I was trying out the Emperor in a Ramp Druid last night, and Face Hunter just ran over me. I had Innervate, Wild Growth, and Emperor Balance, but I just couldn't afford to spend two turns ramping into it and giving up all that damage. Especially without already having taunts in hand to benefit from the cost reduction. Something needs to happen to Face Hunter. The only standout card that really needs a nerf is Mad Scientist, but I think removing Haunted Creeper's beast tag would help. That would give Hunters one less beast to trigger Kill Command, and you could mostly ignore Haunted Creeper since it's actually worse to spawn the 1/1s unless you can immediately remove them. And I generally wouldn't classify spiders as beasts anyway.

Mulgrok

at the tail end of a close battle against a warlock he had an empty board, used bane of doom, and got a blood imp, lol

if he got anything else he might have won :p

And I generally wouldn't classify spiders as beasts anyway.

but hunters tame spiders all the time in WoW!

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Sadly, this is true. I was trying out the Emperor in a Ramp Druid last night, and Face Hunter just ran over me. I had Innervate, Wild Growth, and Emperor Balance, but I just couldn't afford to spend two turns ramping into it and giving up all that damage. Especially without already having taunts in hand to benefit from the cost reduction. Something needs to happen to Face Hunter. The only standout card that really needs a nerf is Mad Scientist, but I think removing Haunted Creeper's beast tag would help. That would give Hunters one less beast to trigger Kill Command, and you could mostly ignore Haunted Creeper since it's actually worse to spawn the 1/1s unless you can immediately remove them. And I generally wouldn't classify spiders as beasts anyway.

This is exactly why I'm playing face hunter, the wins are easier then ever since people are trying all these slow decks instead. It doesn't help that most people are greedy and the only taunt they run is sludge butcher.

I wonder if Blizzard will ever add a Ghost Type for the Spooky Spiders to be.

Beast is not a really a scientific term of identification. Also, it is common to think that spiders are insects, but they are not. They are arachnids. So when people think of spiders, they still think of insects. And how could insects be considered beasts? Well, both insects and arachnids are animals. So regardless of whether you think a spider is an insect or arachnid, it is still an animal.

Beasts appear to be lower intelligent animals in the warcraft universe. At least that is what I've read from people several times discussing this issue in hearthstone. I don't know if that is true or not.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Nerf Mad Scientist first. See what happens after that. As much as I dislike face hunter, I think mad scientist is the only card that is actually OP in the deck.

Nerf Mad Scientist first. See what happens after that. As much as I dislike face hunter, I think mad scientist is the only card that is actually OP in the deck.

Agreed. Make the scientist add a secret to your hand instead and you take away a powerful element from Face Hunter.

ZealousD

Beast is not a really a scientific term of identification. Also, it is common to think that spiders are insects, but they are not. They are arachnids. So when people think of spiders, they still think of insects. And how could insects be considered beasts? Well, both insects and arachnids are animals. So regardless of whether you think a spider is an insect or arachnid, it is still an animal.

Beasts appear to be lower intelligent animals in the warcraft universe. At least that is what I've read from people several times discussing this issue in hearthstone. I don't know if that is true or not.

If a hunter in WoW can tame it, it's a beast.

This is exactly why I'm playing face hunter, the wins are easier then ever since people are trying all these slow decks instead. It doesn't help that most people are greedy and the only taunt they run is sludge butcher.

I wonder if Blizzard will ever add a Ghost Type for the Spooky Spiders to be.

People don't run more taunts because they mostly suck. Sludge Belcher is one of the few that is actually pretty effective at stopping attacks. Annoy-o-tron and Shieldmasta are pretty good, too, but they usually just get Owled or removed with Kill Command. The only other neutral taunts that are worth a damn are Arcane Nullifier (not that great) and Sunwalker (Face Hunter will have already won by the time you can play this card).

Special C

I wonder if the spectating quest is a way to slightly reduce the gold flow for arena tickets? I'm actually okay with getting an original set pack since I hardly see those anymore, but it is an overall reduction in how much gold players are getting with that quest in the mix, but with the chance at an extra pack thrown on top.

Or, less cynically, it's just to try and build up the community a little bit. Let's go with that instead!

It's worked too. Look how many more people have posted their battle tags since that quest.

It's OP as hell in mage too. Kill the card with fire.

Yep. Bad there as well. For two mana, you can put a 2-2 body on the field and when it dies you can get a 2-3 mana secret put on the field that could potentially turn the tide of the game for free!

Mad Scientist in a nutshell. Access to the card from your hand should be enough.

OTOH, secrets are pretty ass without it.

Good. Force those damn things back into gimmick decks so that I can cut Kezan from my decks. It doesn't help that I never draw her when the other guy has secrets and I always draw her when the other guy isn't even playing a secrets class.

ZealousD

Yep. Bad there as well. For two mana, you can put a 2-2 body on the field and when it dies you can get a 2-3 mana secret put on the field that could potentially turn the tide of the game for free!

Mad Scientist in a nutshell. Access to the card from your hand should be enough.

I like the effect. It's just way too cheap for what it does. I think if you make it 3 mana its still playable and not necessarily OP.

Playing a random secret from hand would just be terrible. Even putting a random secret into hand would be pretty weak. Maybe change deathrattle to battlecry: place random secret from your deck into your hand with the same 2/2 or maybe even 2/1 or 1/2.

daemissary

Changing Mad Scientist to 3 mana and keeping everything else the same is really the only way to nerf it without killing it dead like Undertaker.

I'd rather that they help fight Face Hunter by adding more cost effective taunts or life gain. Or more ways to silence.

KePoW

Banned
Changing Mad Scientist to 3 mana and keeping everything else the same is really the only way to nerf it without killing it dead like Undertaker.

I'd rather that they help fight Face Hunter by adding more cost effective taunts or life gain. Or more ways to silence.

How does more silence cards help fight Face Hunters?? If anything it would help them

Hunter... turn 1... abusive sergeant. Turn 2 glaivezooka. Turn 3 huffer.

I'm already down to 16 hp by the end of his turn 3. I am down to 12 due to having to remove huffer so before turn 4 I am down to less than 1/3rd hp.

What a fun game.

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
I dont know what I hate more about warlock at rank 15 the fact no-one plays around aoe or the fact I cant for the life of me draw it with 2 shadows and 2 hellfires in the deck.

daemissary

How does more silence cards help fight Face Hunters?? If anything it would help them

Sorry I wasn't very clear, the "more ways to silence" was specifically directed at Mad Scientist.

Conditional silences could be cool as battlecries if it made the minions more cost effective than Owl or Spellbreaker though. Maybe something like 3 mana for a 3/4 with battlecry: Silence a minion with 2 power or less?

Rapstah

Should they just add an Elemental race for Shamans to have some type of synergy? Totems being a race is almost pointless anyway. The only spell I can come up with that has any kind of Elemental synergy in WoW is Banish, which could be some type of double-sided immune/can't attack for one turn combo that can be used both offensively and defensively. I'm not the one who gets paid to design this shit.

My druid deck is crap right now. Feels like I can't beat anyone around rank 14/15. Too much reliance on FoN + Savage Roar to be effective if you're not getting the right cards to keep up in the mid-game.

Kettch

I think changing its health to 1 would be reasonable. The card would still be good, but not an easy two for one anymore when the body could be handled by hero powers (and earth shock).

Biochet

the druids have usurped mech mages throne

where is the hero that we need but dont deserve?

/

Magnus

Torn on my next craft….could use your advice HS-GAF.

I have 5545 dust, and if I DE the golden Cho I just got, that jumps up to 7145.

Have:

Al'Akir the Windlord
Archmage Antonidas
Bolvar Fordragon
Cenarius
Edwin VanCleef
Lord Jaraxxus
Tirion Fordring
Vol'jin

Bloodmage Thalnos
Blingtron 3000
Cairne Bloodhoof
Dr. Boom
Leeroy Jenkins
Lorewalker Cho (golden - could DE for any legendary)
Mekgineer Thermaplugg
Nat Pagle
Old Murk-Eye
Ragnaros the Firelord
Sneed's Old Shredder
Sylvanas Windrunner
Troggzor the Earthinator

Don't Have (bolded the ones I think I want most right now):

Gahz'rilla
Grommash Hellscream
Flame Leviathan
Iron Juggernaut
King Krush
Mal'Ganis
Malorne
Neptulon
Prophet Velen
Trade Prince Gallywix

Alexstrasza
Baron Geddon
Captain Greenskin
Deathwing
Elite Tauren Chieftain
Foe Reaper 4000
Gazlowe
Gelbin Mekkatorque
Gruul
Harrison Jones
Hemet Nesingwary
Hogger
Illidan Stormrage
King Mukla (my first legendary out of a pack - DE'd him)
Malygos
Millhouse Manastorm (had two - DE'd them, lol)
Mimiron's Head
Mogor the Ogre
Nozdormu
Onyxia
The Beast
The Black Knight
Tinkmaster Overspark
Toshley
Ysera

--

I main a Priest, dabble quite a bit in Paladin and Mage, and play all the other heroes rather evenly and intermittently.

To that end, I think I want to focus on more Priest options (including Velen and Ysera), and also kind of want to craft a couple of Shadowforms to start having fun with that deck, but I know that may not be wise, and it may be smarter to branch out and craft all the universally solid legendaries first (like Harrison, Black Knight, etc.).

I'm also still somehow missing some key epics:
- Ancient of War (druid)
- A second Force of Nature (druid)
- Ice Block (mage)
- Shadowform (priest)
- Bouncing Blade
- Crush
- A second Shield Slam
- Doomsayer
- A second Hobgoblin
- A second Big Game Hunter
- Piloted Sky Golem (I think this may be the most important one)
- Molten Giant
- A second Sea Giant

What do you guys think? I think if I ever want to get a Handlock or Control Warrior off the ground, those would require the biggest investments - giants for the Warlock, and epics + both legendaries for the Warrior. So maybe it's best I invest in just maximizing all the other classes.

I'm also leaning toward the dragon legendaries since they're all about to get more viable in dragon decks.

Levi

Banned
Harrison, Black Knight or Ysera, unless there is a specific deck you want to create.

My druid deck is crap right now. Feels like I can't beat anyone around rank 14/15. Too much reliance on FoN + Savage Roar to be effective if you're not getting the right cards to keep up in the mid-game.

Post your decklist.

egruntz

shelaughz
So I've spent close to $500 on this game and have practically all the cards. Only shit like Nat Pagel that I'm missing. I also fancy myself a pretty good player. What steps do I need to take to make an attempt at "going pro" I guess I wanna say? I have no idea how to enter into tourneys in the first place and how often they go.

KePoW

Banned
So I've spent close to $500 on this game and have practically all the cards. Only shit like Nat Pagel that I'm missing. I also fancy myself a pretty good player. What steps do I need to take to make an attempt at "going pro" I guess I wanna say? I have no idea how to enter into tourneys in the first place and how often they go.

lol by going pro you mean doing full-time living??

Dahbomb

Probably grind Ladder so that you can get high Legendary ranks so that you can qualify for tournaments.

Remember when we had to deal with this bug? https://youtu.be/lq21ITSarAE?t=226
That and the Argus/Sunfury bugs really grinded my gears back then.

Though back then the game was nearly as try hard as it is nowadays (especially in Arena) so getting these weird bugs didn't bother me as much.

I've played 3 games in a row in Arena where I had Sylvanas in hand. Granted I didn't need her to win but I realize I'm a bit confused on how to play her. All 3 times, I've had the beefiest hero on the board and they would either have a bunch of small minions or the board would be clear. Do I hold her in my hand until they play something worth stealing, or do I drop her even though their side doesn't have much (bunch of weenie heroes/nothing)?

Joco

I main a Priest, dabble quite a bit in Paladin and Mage, and play all the other heroes rather evenly and intermittently.

To that end, I think I want to focus on more Priest options (including Velen and Ysera), and also kind of want to craft a couple of Shadowforms to start having fun with that deck, but I know that may not be wise, and it may be smarter to branch out and craft all the universally solid legendaries first (like Harrison, Black Knight, etc.).

I'm also still somehow missing some key epics:
- Ancient of War (druid)
- A second Force of Nature (druid)
- Ice Block (mage)
- Shadowform (priest)
- Bouncing Blade
- Crush
- A second Shield Slam
- Doomsayer
- A second Hobgoblin
- A second Big Game Hunter
- Piloted Sky Golem (I think this may be the most important one)
- Molten Giant
- A second Sea Giant

What do you guys think? I think if I ever want to get a Handlock or Control Warrior off the ground, those would require the biggest investments - giants for the Warlock, and epics + both legendaries for the Warrior. So maybe it's best I invest in just maximizing all the other classes.

I'm also leaning toward the dragon legendaries since they're all about to get more viable in dragon decks.

I know you said you main Priest but I'm not sure I would craft Velen. He can be a fun card for sure but every time I've used him he's usually removed before I get a chance to do anything (unfortunate side effect of falling into BGH's sights). Then again, Priest isn't one of the main classes I usually play so others may have had better luck with him.

Ysera seems like a solid pick for you based upon your interest in dragons/Priest main. That's just my thoughts though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom