• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT3| Preparing for the Ball of Spiders Meta

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tacitus_

Face hunter is making me completly lose interest in this game.

If you play face hunter, please DIAF.

Face or no face?

FACE

embalm

READY TO RIDE

TASTE MY SKILL!
Coffee everywhere. Well Played.

Im happy vs Facehunter, I would fight against it any time if I could choose. Matches are fast and Im like 90+% winrate vs it with Druid.
My Grim Patron warrior is doing well against Hunter, probably a 75% winrate, posted it a few pages back.

I played against a Rogue last night that cast Gang Up on my Dr. Balance. Then the bastard proceeded to play Dr. Balance on 3 consecutive turns. I suppose one of them could've been his, but c'mon, that's just ridiculous.

Dragner

I BM the shit out of face-hunter when I turn the tide against them, usually drives them concede.

Yeah thats great, yesterday I had lethal guarantee with combo + an ancient of lore and shreder in play. I was at such life that was impossible for me to die...opponents plays leeroy + abusive to put me at 2 life. I bm apologies and kill him using only a second savage roar (topdecked) for exactsies with the whelps. The friend request + rage calling me lucky bastard for topdecking the card I needed to kill him.

Magnus

BM = Bad Manners? As in, to emote in a rude way in Hearthstone? lol

Also, damn, I'm so in love with Ysera and this deck. First time in awhile I've felt really confident on Priest.

Resurrect + guaranteed Injured Blademaster has become such an awesome new opener for Priest. A couple of games now, I've had the Blademaster and two Resurrects in my first five cards. You drop the Blademaster as early as you can, knowing that even if it dies quick, it's either done 4-face or taken an enemy minion with it, and then you can pop both Resurrects immediately for two 4/7s, all healed up. Brilliant.

Rapstah

Given how haphazardly Naxx bosses play Spare Parts if they end up with them in hand, would bosses play Shadowform if you gave it to them through Lorewalker Cho? That feels like a cheap way of neutralising almost every single boss in BRM.

SteveWD40

BM = Bad Manners? As in, to emote in a rude way in Hearthstone? lol

Overplay the fuck out of your hand before the kill, put lethal on the board and just sit till the rope is almost done, emote "sorry" or "greetings" pre lethal play etc...

I hate it and only reserve it for zoolock or face hunter, usually the ones who are the worst offenders of using it themselves as they know they are playing a brainless net-deck and feel insecure so play the troll.

It's also why I auto-squelch these days and ignore friend invites.

Magnus

Overplay the fuck out of your hand before the kill, put lethal on the board and just sit till the rope is almost done, emote "sorry" or "greetings" pre lethal play etc...

I hate it and only reserve it for zoolock or face hunter, usually the ones who are the worst offenders of using it themselves as they know they are playing a brainless net-deck and feel insecure so play the troll.

It's also why I auto-squelch these days and ignore friend invites.

I've only done this once, against a face Hunter after a ridiculous well-deserved comeback as a priest. He conceded. The punk.

mxgt

Banned
I BM the shit out of face-hunter when I turn the tide against them, usually drives them concede.

The one I love when playing Warrior against Face Hunter:

Double armorsmith, attack into explosive trap then play whirlwind.

"Heh, greetings".

Face hunters get BM'd every time, no exceptions.

Levi

Banned
"everyone is playing druid right now", I fucking wish.

My run right now: Face Hunter, Mech Mage, Mech Shaman, Mech Mage, Mech Mage. And every Mech Mage got Antonidas + spare part on turn 9. HOW IS THAT POSSIBLE.

/baby rage.

Dahbomb

"everyone is playing druid right now", I fucking wish.

My run right now: Face Hunter, Mech Mage, Mech Shaman, Mech Mage, Mech Mage. And every Mech Mage got Antonidas + spare part on turn 9. HOW IS THAT POSSIBLE.

/baby rage.
No one said everyone is playing Druid... just that they are the best.

Aggro player is still the most prevalent playstyle on Ladder.

I think I posted this a few pages ago, but I do "Well Played" after every card a face hunter plays because they're so damn brainless. I hope the sarcasm comes across.

Dahbomb

I really wonder if they are going to stick with the "top dick" class gimmick of Hunter going forward.

As in "use this card when it's the only card, get additional benefit".

The difference between Core Rager and Quick Shot is that Quick Shot without the extra bonus is still good and usable... Core Rager without the extra benefit is shit. The other difference is that Quick Shot's secondary ability is MUCH better than Core Rager's extra ability (being able to draw a card in a top dick situation is amazing).

As much as I hate to say it.. it would've been better for Core Rager if it was "4/4, if it's your last card then this card gains Charge" instead of gaining the +3/+3. Then it just becomes a meatier, more expensive Huffer which is in line with what it should be doing in that situation (doing something as soon as it's played in a top dick situation).

Levi

Banned
No one said everyone is playing Druid... just that they are the best.

Aggro player is still the most prevalent playstyle on Ladder.

That makes no sense. Druid is not favored vs face decks. Most ladder matches are against face decks. Maybe Druid is the best once you hit Legend and the meta slows down some, but no way is Druid the best deck to ladder with.

Dahbomb

And that will unfortunately never change.
Eh meta game keeps changing with new cards being added. Aggro has the advantage of being more easy to grind games with though.

That makes no sense. Druid is not favored vs face decks. Most ladder matches are against face decks. Maybe Druid is the best once you hit Legend and the meta slows down some, but no way is Druid the best deck to ladder with.
I never said it's the best deck to Ladder with... I said it's the best deck overall. It's the best deck because it abuses Emperor Balanced. Every tournament level player has a Druid deck now because it's just that strong though not every tournament level player has a Face Hunter deck. It's much easier to counter Face Hunter deck when you know it's coming but it's much harder to counter Turn 7 combo Druids these days.

Do Better

I think I posted this a few pages ago, but I do "Well Played" after every card a face hunter plays because they're so damn brainless. I hope the sarcasm comes across.

They probably think you're just being annoying like the guy that kept saying thank you to me while I was giving him the business in arena.

Rapstah

I forgot I had a Feugen out, so I did all kinds of stupid BM before killing off my Stalagg because I thought I would get a Thaddius. The Feugen was silenced. I got zero Thadii.

KePoW

Banned

ah okay thx for the video link, that's very funny even though I don't know who that guy is

that's funny because as a sole Face Hunter player, I always emote the same thing to my opponent every time they play a card too. I give no fucks about BM or emotes, I think it's hilarious even when I lose. If the opponent thinks they piss me off when winning, joke's on them lol

And that will unfortunately never change.

I hope it always stays the same. Casual games need to be faster played than hardcore games

btw -- I tried that Frid agro paladin deck someone posted a couple pages ago. 2-0 so far, pretty fun

If anyone has other top agro/face decks, please post them here!

Dahbomb

If anyone has other top agro/face decks, please post them here!

You can always try the classic Zoolock. It's still played on Ladder (played two just yesterday though I beat them both) and IMO it's a much better way to learn the game than Face Hunter as with Zoolock you do fight for some board control even though you play very aggressive with it.

http://www.hearthpwn.com/decks/223322-lbys-zoolock-april-2015?sort=hp

BTW for those wondering what cards to replace in Face Hunter deck for double Quick Shot... here's Trump variant which he used to school Amaz with yesterday:

http://hearthstone.metabomb.net/dec...uide-trumps-quick-shot-face-hunter-april-2015

KePoW

Banned
You can always try the classic Zoolock. It's still played on Ladder (played two just yesterday though I beat them both) and IMO it's a much better way to learn the game than Face Hunter as with Zoolock you do fight for some board control even though you play very aggressive with it.

http://www.hearthpwn.com/decks/223322-lbys-zoolock-april-2015?sort=hp

BTW for those wondering what cards to replace in Face Hunter deck for double Quick Shot... here's Trump variant which he used to school Amaz with yesterday:

http://hearthstone.metabomb.net/dec...uide-trumps-quick-shot-face-hunter-april-2015

ok kool thx Dah

The funny thing is I have not even put Quick Shot in my Face Hunter yet. I can't decide what to replace, it's not just an automatic easy decision. I was thinking one Arcane Golem and one Mad Scientist

btw even though I know you personally do not like agro decks, you are always cordial & informative when discussing them here. I respect that

all the other posters in here just rant about agro decks instead

Strider

The funny thing is I have not even put Quick Shot in my Face Hunter yet. I can't decide what to replace, it's not just an automatic easy decision. I was thinking one Arcane Golem and one Mad Scientist

Don't cut mad scientist. Card is way too good.

Aylinato

I made a shaman deathrattle deck and has a face hunter rage quit as I got out KT after I had multiple taunts out *muahahhaha*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom