• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT3| Preparing for the Ball of Spiders Meta

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rapstah

The secret for why there's way more complaining about Face Hunter than there is "discussion" about it is that you can summarise everything constructive there is to know about the deck in a three-sentence post.

johnsmith

remember me
The secret for why there's way more complaining about Face Hunter than there is "discussion" about it is that you can summarise everything constructive there is to know about the deck in a three-sentence post.
3 sentences? More like 2 words.

Hit face.

Dahbomb

ok kool thx Dah

The funny thing is I have not even put Quick Shot in my Face Hunter yet. I can't decide what to replace, it's not just an automatic easy decision. I was thinking one Arcane Golem and one Mad Scientist

btw even though I know you personally do not like agro decks, you are always cordial & informative when discussing them here. I respect that

all the other posters in here just rant about agro decks instead
You can check the deck I posted in the 2nd link... it has a list with double Quick Shot in it for Face Hunter. I personally think it's the best one and I am using it as well (not as a main deck... just for testing purposes. I use Midrange Hunter with double Quick Shot for real games).

KePoW

Banned
ME NO STOOPID

ME GO FACE

ME NO TRADE

ME ONLY CHARGE

Don't cut mad scientist. Card is way too good.

Mad scientist seems better suited for more midrange decks imo. I wouldn't be surprised if people cut down to 1 scientist or cut him out of the deck altogether. He is a pretty bad top deck in a deck that has very very few bad top decks, and if you topdeck him mid-late game, you probably wanted the explosive trap immediately instead of later.

Dahbomb

Face Hunter is necessary to keep all those Emperor Balanced decks in check.

Because otherwise it's going to be a bunch of decks that draw out their decks and kill you in one combo.

KePoW

Banned
Mad scientist seems better suited for more midrange decks imo. I wouldn't be surprised if people cut down to 1 scientist or cut him out of the deck altogether. He is a pretty bad top deck in a deck that has very very few bad top decks, and if you topdeck him mid-late game, you probably wanted the explosive trap immediately instead of later.

Yeah this was what I was thinking. one Mad Scientist for Face Hunter might be enough

Like you said Mobius, later on in the game I'd rather just play Explosive immediately

I'll also try Dahbomb/Trump's deck, but I'm not sure about cutting one Owl... I always seem to need those

Dahbomb

Yeah this was what I was thinking. one Mad Scientist for Face Hunter might be enough

Like you said Mobius, later on in the game I'd rather just play Explosive immediately

I'll also try Dahbomb/Trump's deck, but I'm not sure about cutting one Owl... I always seem to need those
Cut out one Abusive Sergeant then. I think having two Abusive Sergeant is a bit much in the deck.

rookiejet

I feel like Shaman would be less of a struggle and more consistent if Blizzard removed 1 overload mana cost from all the overload cards.

Tirion dropping from Sneed's. Doesn't even feel fair.

I got my first recursive Sneed's yesterday, haha. I felt bad for the Warrior I was facing but it was still funny. I was a bit ahead so at that point he was like "NOPE! Concede."

ME NO STOOPID

ME GO FACE

ME NO TRADE

ME ONLY CHARGE

Damn, not even Face Hunters like Face Hunters.

rookiejet

I love the elitism of those that don't play facehunter

People don't like Face Hunter because it makes for a degenerate, uninteresting game of topdecking. Can you topdeck your damage fast enough for the Face Hunter, and can you topdeck your taunts and removal fast enough for the non-Face player.

It's like "why don't we just make a Cookie Clicker mod with hero faces for you to play, Face Hunter?!" is what I'd say if was being elitist :>

Pooya

so my game is trying to update literally every time I launch bnet launcher lately, doesn't look like it's downloading anything though but it's annoying, something wrong? My other blizzard games are fine.

Mengy

wishes it were bannable to say mean things about Marvel
So all of this talk about facehunter, I had to google it just to see what this is. Surprisingly, it looks like a fairly cheap deck to build. In fact, I kind of think I have all of the cards necessary to make it. Is it common? Because I don't think I've actually encountered a face hunter in ranked play yet. If I did they must have either played it wrong or gotten a really bad draw.

I think I'll make this deck tonight and try it out. Thanks NeoGAF!!!! :D

caesar

Banned
So all of this talk about facehunter, I had to google it just to see what this is. Surprisingly, it looks like a fairly cheap deck to build. In fact, I kind of think I have all of the cards necessary to make it. Is it common? Because I don't think I've actually encountered a face hunter in ranked play yet. If I did they must have either played it wrong or gotten a really bad draw.

yes its common and one of the strongest decks in the meta

mxgt

Banned

pls

KePoW

Banned

fk yeah broski! I always love playing more Face Hunters for faster games

Mengy

wishes it were bannable to say mean things about Marvel
yes its common and one of the strongest decks in the meta

fk yeah broski! I always love playing more Face Hunters for faster games

Huh, no kidding. Well I'll try it out and see what it's like.

I wish we could save more than nine decks. Seems like a trivial thing, the deck list files can't be more than a few kilobytes in size each.

egruntz

shelaughz
Naxxramus golden cards so far:

x2 Webspinner
x2 Mad Scientist
x2 Haunted Creeper
x2 Sludge Belcher

Gonna craft Loatheb next and then I'll save for golden Emp. Balanced.

The only golden cards I'll ever craft are from adventures. There's no worse feeling than spending 400 dust on a golden classic common just to get that opened in a pack later. Disenchanting that golden is only 50 dust. Such bogus.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.

I wish we could save more than nine decks. Seems like a trivial thing, the deck list files can't be more than a few kilobytes in size each.

I know it gets joked about a lot but the deck size really bugs me, and is especially annoying around their adventures since you have to make your own gimmicky decks for the fight. I also accidentally went onto ladder with the Druid deck full of nothing but 7+ giant minions, lol.

Raxus

The only golden cards I'll ever craft are from adventures. There's no worse feeling than spending 400 dust on a golden classic common just to get that opened in a pack later. Disenchanting that golden is only 50 dust. Such bogus.

Yeah, once I collect every card in the game I am going to craft golden legendary cards first then craft golden adventure cards. The rate to get a gold common-epic is ridiculous. 4-8x the original dust cost.

I know it gets joked about a lot but the deck size really bugs me, and is especially annoying around their adventures since you have to make your own gimmicky decks for the fight. I also accidentally went onto ladder with the Druid deck full of nothing but 7+ giant minions, lol.

Yeah, I've done this a few times. It sucks having to delete a deck to make room for a boss specific deck. I actually did win a match using a Heroic Naxx deck, one time.

Biochet

please think of all the new players, you want them to get overwhelmed and quit?

Type2

Anyone seen that control hunter deck floating around with the minion that lets you hero power ping and quick shots as darkbombs? It's actually pretty good considering most people are expecting face hunters all the time, cult master hounds combo for draw and the regular mid game stuff.
I've been having the most success on lightbomb control priest lately easily dealing with face and taking the combo and control pieces for myself from other decks. I tried to do a ressurect build for fun but it seems to be the least consistent deck I've run. Major bummer when something gets sheeped or hexd and that's what pops out. You pretty much need either a good minion and draw engine in your opening hand or ressurect and injured blade master or something similar.

Ashodin

Wait, why do you have CoH there? Did one of you play Lorewalker?

Yeah he had lorewalker out from a Shredder, luckily I had power minions to just drop on curve every turn. He eventually dropped the LOH combo to clear the board, but I got at least that before then.

Magnus

Naxxramus golden cards so far:

x2 Webspinner
x2 Mad Scientist
x2 Haunted Creeper
x2 Sludge Belcher

Gonna craft Loatheb next and then I'll save for golden Emp. Balanced.

1600 for a golden epic is crazy, indeed. But 400 for a golden common? I thought it was 400 for a golden rare...

I guess we should be grateful golden legendaries aren't 6400....

Levi

Banned
Had a lot of fun today with Midrange Shaman. (The list Dog was playing on stream yesterday). You really have to embrace RNG in that deck, though. From your RNG hero power to RNG spells such as Lightning Storm and Crackle, to the RNG legendary Neptulon, you can win or lose based on rolling the totem or damage amount you need, or getting just the right murlocs from Neptulon to close out the game.

I might stick with Shaman for a bit, the BRM Shaman cards are both really interesting and I'm honestly a little bored of Druid and Paladin right now.

KePoW

Banned
isn't there a youtube guy with all Golden cards in entire game??

not sure if that's legit, but I wonder how many games he's played that it took him to craft all those cards

Rapstah

isn't there a youtube guy with all Golden cards in entire game??

not sure if that's legit, but I wonder how many games he's played that it took him to craft all those cards

Amaz has almost all golden cards. I'd say he has spent more than 10 000 bucks on cards if he always bought as many packs as he has been doing recently.

Papercuts

Wow, in the last 20 packs I just got Hogger, Malygos and Mimiron's Head.

Hearthstone will probably not give me legendaries ever again.

Papercuts

Those are all fun cards, too. I ran hogger in paladin for a bit,

I DE'd mimiron to make Boom finally though I hate doing that. Gonna keep the rest though.

I am super pumped to make a dragon pally deck when the Consort card comes out. Now I have Ysera and Maly as my big dragons.

At least they're kind of fun legendaries. Game won't stop giving me copies of Velen and Dr Boom. :(

Copies of Dr. Boom are some Scrooge McDuck money pool levels of issues. I wish I had that problem. :p

Is the game meta now:

Emperor on Turn 6.
Dr. 7 on Turn 7.

You mean coin emperor turn 5, dr. boom turn 6.
aaaah.gif

Well, things obviously don't always line up and if you're putting out pressure those kind of strong on curve plays won't always be ideal. I noticed a lot of, not bad but riskier and thus "worse", players will just make the "strong" or big impact plays without worrying about playing around opponent cards. So this is why MCT or BGH is strong and will single handed win some games... cause people never consider what happens if you have the right answers.

Regardless, sure - on curve bombs are always attractive and will always be attractive.

Magnus

I feel like I'm playing in a different meta from everyone else.

I'm barely seeing anyone play Emperor on me. Not an overwhelming amount of Hunters either. Dr. Boom has all but vanished.

I'm actually really digging this meta - such a huge mix and variety of decks.

-

I was Priesting against a Warlock yesterday on Ladder and was totally creaming him, 30 health to 4, but I saw that on the next turn, his Mimiron would be formed. I decided I would rather see the Mimiron animation than win the game, so I let him have it. Was worth it. (I knew he'd Power Overwhelming, for 32 burst damage total).

Again, worth it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YsG7J31CA3M

I feel like I'm playing in a different meta from everyone else.

I'm barely seeing anyone play Emperor on me. Not an overwhelming amount of Hunters either. Dr. Boom has all but vanished.

I'm actually really digging this meta - such a huge mix and variety of decks.

Well, what rank?

The meta is always different at different ranks btw.

I decided to play Casual and mess around with some cool deck ideas that aren't really ladder worthy.

I finally found people I have less respect for than face hunter players. :l

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom