• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT3| Preparing for the Ball of Spiders Meta

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mulgrok

a mage portaled in a Dr Balanced on turn 4... and I could not come back from that

a druid innervate twice and put down Dr Balanced on turn 3.. and I could not come back from that

that card is very op when played early, due to the bombs

Dahbomb

a mage portaled in a Dr Balanced on turn 4... and I could not come back from that

a druid innervate twice and put down Dr Balanced on turn 3.. and I could not come back from that

that card is very op when played early, due to the bombs
This card is OP even when played on Turn 7.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
I think if you made Thaurissan's effect as a Battlecry, it still wouldn't affect how often he is played.

That's a pretty telltale sign that a card is overpowered, imo.

Aylinato

I think if you made Thaurissan's effect as a Battlecry, it still wouldn't affect how often he is played.

That's a pretty telltale sign that a card is overpowered, imo.

I suggested that already, but we need to nerf face hunter too, make juggler 1/2 and 1/2 for the secret PoS too.

egruntz

shelaughz
I suggested that already, but we need to nerf face hunter too, make juggler 1/2 and 1/2 for the secret PoS too.

Knife Juggler simply wouldn't be played if he was 1/2. Not for 2 mana. Juggler isn't even the problem; it definitely doesn't need to be nerfed. What gives Face Hunters its umph is Mad Scientist, really. Too much tempo is gained even with a single secret put into play (Freezing Trap, usually).

Dahbomb

Knife Juggler is balanced (as in actually balanced and not OP).

Right now there are only 4 cards (maybe 5) that I would consider to be "over tuned":

*Mad Scientist. Ridiculous free Secret activation that can turn the tide of the early game.

*Dr Balanced. Bots being able to do 4 damage is disgusting, that's the real problem with the card. Bots damage should be lowered to 1-3 range at the minimum.

*Thaurissan. This feels like we are in the beta again and Blizzard is just throwing out card just for us to test. Well the card is tested and it's ridiculous. And the card will keep on getting more ridiculous as more combos/more cards are introduced to the game. The only thing is that aside from SR + FON bull shit, it enables some full decks and combos for the time being so for now... I want Blizzard to LET THAT BOY COOK!

*Quick Shot. I told people this card was busted before just like Thaurissan. I just recently saw Reynad's review of the cards and he basically stated that this is the best card in the set by quite a margin. Thing is that there haven't been enough examples of it stealing games online for people to rage enough about it but I have seen enough games (both using it and when used against me) where this card has won a game where I can say for sure that this card is OP.

*Mech Warper/Goblin Blastmage. This one is a stretch IMO... I do think that Mech Warper is a bit much for its stats/effects. Goblin Blastmage should probably just be doing 3 damage on the board instead of 4. Mech Mage is a bit over tuned compared to other mech archetypes and that tells me that the problem is more in Blastmage than in Mech Warper.

clav

What's not balanced is Druid.

Can't believe after a list of complaints that wasn't the first thing as it is the elephant in the room.

What's not balanced is Druid.

Can't believe after a list of complaints that wasn't the first thing as it is the elephant in the room.

That's because Druid is slow as hell in this meta unless you get innervate or wild growth to play right away. Druids are nothing like mech mages or face hunters.

clav

That's because Druid is slow as hell in this meta unless you get innervate or wild growth to play right away. Druids are nothing like mech mages or face hunters.

I've seen a lot of losses due to the tree summon and attack charge upgrade helped with the emperor power.

I wouldn't say Druid is unbalanced, at least not in the way that face Hunter is. Hunter has an insane amount of cards, both class and neutral, that are just downright ridiculous in terms of the cost/value ratio.

That said, yeah, I do think combo is probably a little bit stronger than it should be. Thaurissan just makes it even worse to deal with than it was because you can't effectively predict when it will happen. Holding a Loatheb or taunt to drop on turn 9 isn't anywhere near as effective anymore. You could nerf Savage Roar to be more in line with Bloodlust I guess but really, what other ways could they nerf it without rendering it useless?

Even still, it's not like other classes don't have insane combos either. I play Shaman a lot and it's not all that uncommon to drop Al'Akir with a Rockbiter or two.

Dahbomb

Hunter has an insane amount of cards, both class and neutral, that are just downright ridiculous in terms of the cost/value ratio.
And Druid doesn't?

Druid uses over budgeted minions like Piloted Shredders, Belchers, Ancient of Lore, Druid of the Claw, Sky Golems and sometimes even Ancient of War to maintain board and do enough damage to face to finish with the combo.

In fact Druid is a bigger abuser of mid game, efficient minions thanks to Innervate/Wild Growth shenanigans. They basically get a big threat on the board early and do good damage early on in the game and then finish you with combo after you have some what stabilized the board.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
I think FoN/SR was already pushing it and it was a matter of time until something tipped the scales further. Imagine the ENTIRETY of the HS life when you already have a class with stuff like innervate, wild growth and a combo piece run in damn near every variant, it's hard to design around that. Considering Blizzard sniped vital pieces of Miracle I won't be surprised if that gets hit eventually. Not necessarily right now or before some other cards, but some day.

How it feels to fight a Face Hunter

The cards shooting from the gun is the best thing

As much as I hate it, it's useful for quick dailies. And god dammit Quick Shot is so damn stupid. I feel like a Shaman OTK/Freeze mage when I hero power, double arcane and double quick shot.

QFNS

Unconfirmed Member
What do I do with all these Shaman quests? I have 3 quests that all need Shaman wins. This is impossible.

And Druid doesn't?

Druid uses over budgeted minions like Piloted Shredders, Belchers, Ancient of Lore, Druid of the Claw, Sky Golems and sometimes even Ancient of War to maintain board and do enough damage to face to finish with the combo.

In fact Druid is a bigger abuser of mid game, efficient minions thanks to Innervate/Wild Growth shenanigans. They basically get a big threat on the board early and do good damage early on in the game and then finish you with combo after you have some what stabilized the board.

Wasn't meaning to imply that Druid doesn't have access to some amazing cards. I just don't look at stuff like Ancient or Lore and Druid of the Claw as all that undercosted when compared to some of the stuff Hunter has. Of course Druid has some fantastic cards though. They wouldn't be as strong right now if they didn't.

What do I do with all these Shaman quests? I have 3 quests that all need Shaman wins. This is impossible.

Are you missing a lot of Shaman cards? If you can build a decent midrange deck you should be able to win a few games, even if Shaman isn't in that great of a state right now.

Or you could just try making a mech deck if you have the cards for it. Quick games.

Papercuts

Just destroyed a face hunter with an EVERYONE GET IN HERE warrior deck. Having double unstable ghoul in your starting hand shuts them down hard.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Just destroyed a face hunter with an EVERYONE GET IN HERE warrior deck. Having double unstable ghoul in your starting hand shuts them down hard.

Yeah, those are hard to play against. I found the best thing to beat the is to actually just stop playing cards once grim patron is played, and wait until you have a hand to finish the warrior in a single turn. Also, you have to make sure the Berserker doesn't stay in play.

An Paladin lost vs my face hunter because he played a Zombie Chow turn 6 with his Lothab. I used my 7 mana quick shot on the zombie, healed up 5, and he the didn't have the damage to beat me on his Turn 7. Then just used Animal Friend and Skill command to close out the game.

Alur

This one was on the front of reddit for most of the evening:

Chakki was playing one nearly identical for 40 games just a few ago too. Went 27-13 in the rank 5+ range tonight on his stream with it. Tried it out and it's hilarious to play.

Dahbomb

I am surprised this deck doesn't use at least one Rampage in it. Putting that on a Worgen could win you the game single handedly.

Papercuts

Chakki was playing one nearly identical for 40 games just a few ago too. Went 27-13 in the rank 5+ range tonight on his stream with it. Tried it out and it's hilarious to play.

Yeah, that's what I'm using. I don't have Grommash though, so I wasn't sure what to sub. I put in a healbot for now but I was thinking either rampage or commanding shout.

Dahbomb

Yeah also surprised this deck doesn't use one Commanding Shout. It's actually obscene for this deck because it relies on card draw to get the combos and Commanding Shout can clear you the board with Grim Patron + Warsong.

But it's really hard to replace anything on that deck as it is... I can see reasoning for everything on there. Maybe drop one Belcher for it.

Papercuts

Yeah, commanding shout can be a straight up board clear if it's used right.

Warrior has been my least played class so far so I've been trying to adjust to the mindset of using some of this as it can be really tricky with giant whirlwind frothing berserker lethal out of nowhere. I also run out of space a lot with the patrons and mess up turns off of it sometimes.

Rapstah

Maybe Grim Patrons should bypass the normal sequence of events and just die before their replacements spawn. They did it with Poison Seeds!

Type2

I've been running something very close to this since grim patron came out minus the grommash. I might just craft him because the deck has been a ton of fun to play. Puts insane pressure on the opponent, can snatch wins with some nasty reach and has some great card interactions. I am not running any taunts in my built but maybe I should reevaluate that since it might bring some more board security. Too bad belchers won't stop face hunters as the video has clearly shown.

My list currently is just full aggro enrage minions with warding combos. Emperor enables some stupid lethals.

Mulgrok

Knife Juggler simply wouldn't be played if he was 1/2. Not for 2 mana. Juggler isn't even the problem; it definitely doesn't need to be nerfed. What gives Face Hunters its umph is Mad Scientist, really. Too much tempo is gained even with a single secret put into play (Freezing Trap, usually).

if knife juggler were 2/3 it would be op, because then it could survive a lot of cheap removal stuff.

Dragner

usually warrior decks without grom are the most greedy control warrior decks, with no bgh targets and 2x brawl + infinite removal. They usually run other legends here like sneeds, Kel'thuzad and ysera instead of boom, alexstrasza or grom.

IceMarker

Does the card Light of Elune do anything past the draw or is it like Burrowed Mine that just burns itself and draws you a new card?

Zemm

Lol at allowing the 2nd wing of BRM cards in at the final 8, what a shit show. I see Take has invited the shittist players as well, just because they're his friend.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom