• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT3| Preparing for the Ball of Spiders Meta

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rapstah

I can't not hear "for the well thong" when you attack with Warsong Commander. My brain knows it's "warsong", but I can't not hear that.

Pooya

BRM looks like to have astonishingly good attach rate so far, I like to see some comment from Blizzard on that. Mad money here.

Certainly. Everywhere between 20 and 13.

I think you'll see that the higher you rank up, the less variety there is. This is almost always the case because you face better players with better decks and you need to run stronger decks yourself to win more than you lose.

Dr. boom and emperor are still in most decks at higher rank.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
I feel like I'm playing in a different meta from everyone else.

I'm barely seeing anyone play Emperor on me. Not an overwhelming amount of Hunters either. Dr. Boom has all but vanished.

I'm actually really digging this meta - such a huge mix and variety of decks.

-

I was Priesting against a Warlock yesterday on Ladder and was totally creaming him, 30 health to 4, but I saw that on the next turn, his Mimiron would be formed. I decided I would rather see the Mimiron animation than win the game, so I let him have it. Was worth it. (I knew he'd Power Overwhelming, for 32 burst damage total).

Again, worth it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YsG7J31CA3M

I haven't seen emperor a ton either actually, but I am mostly seeing aggro decks. When I started today I queued into hunter 5 games in a row.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
BRM looks like to have astonishingly good attach rate so far, I like to see some comment from Blizzard on that. Mad money here.

These adventures are all pretty much mandatory for anybody playing the game. Nobody wants to skip out on cards.

Biochet

Is the game meta now:

Emperor on Turn 6.
Dr. 7 on Turn 7.

game has more than 5 turns?

egruntz

shelaughz
1600 for a golden epic is crazy, indeed. But 400 for a golden common? I thought it was 400 for a golden rare...

I guess we should be grateful golden legendaries aren't 6400....

Golden crafting costs run on their own scale. They just go x2 for each step up on rarity, starting at 400 dust.

Common: 400
Rare: 800
Epic: 1600
Legendary: 3200

Divide by 8 to get the disenchantment refund amount...I think.

clav

Is there a way to disable the card highlighting feature from hovering opponent's hand?

My last opponent did that, and it gave me a migraine when I was trying to focus.

Rapstah

Nope, still 4. Just like for ordinary cards.

Golden legendaries turn into 1600 dust and cost 3200 to craft. Normal legendaries cost 1600 to craft, but they turn into 400 dust. You're right about every other rarity, though.

Edit: Apparently it's even more complicated.

Levi

Banned
Speaking of gold cards, I got greedy after yesterday (when I crafted 5 legendaries) and dusted all my gold rares that didn't fit into my current decks, and earned 1800 dust which I used to craft Edwin. I'm now missing, from the classic set, Lorewalker Cho, Milhouse, Pagle, Mukla, Tinkmaster, Greenskin, Illidan, The Beast, and Gruul, and from GVG I'm missing Bolvar, Flame Leviathan, and Blingtron. I'm also missing 2 epics, one from each set. (Shadowbomber and Sword of Justice). I'm done buying packs until a new set comes out, so I probably won't finish either collection anytime soon. I don't have either promo legendary but they are both terrible and the promo set isn't one I'm interesting in completing.

Papercuts

Speaking of gold cards, I got greedy after yesterday (when I crafted 5 legendaries) and dusted all my gold rares that didn't fit into my current decks, and earned 1800 dust which I used to craft Edwin. I'm now missing, from the classic set, Lorewalker Cho, Milhouse, Pagle, Mukla, Tinkmaster, Greenskin, Illidan, The Beast, and Gruul, and from GVG I'm missing Bolvar, Flame Leviathan, and Blingtron. I'm also missing 2 epics, one from each set. (Shadowbomber and Sword of Justice). I'm done buying packs until a new set comes out, so I probably won't finish either collection anytime soon. I don't have either promo legendary but they are both terrible and the promo set isn't one I'm interesting in completing.

This reminded me...I don't think I've ever seen Shadowbomber played. I have no idea what the card even sounds like.

Rapstah

This reminded me...I don't think I've ever seen Shadowbomber played. I have no idea what the card even sounds like.

Noxious was playing a face Priest deck with them earlier on stream. They're weird, but they were pretty crucial to the point of the deck. The animation is it throwing tiny Darkbombs on both players.

Papercuts

Noxious was playing a face Priest deck with them earlier on stream. They're weird, but they were pretty crucial to the point of the deck. The animation is it throwing tiny Darkbombs on both players.

Huh, that's interesting. I think it was Day9 I was watching who tried to do a shadowform priest but I don't believe he ran any shadowbombers. I think it's one of the most interesting cards in the game and would love to see it be more viable one day, but I'm not too hopeful about it.

Rapstah

Huh, that's interesting. I think it was Day9 I was watching who tried to do a shadowform priest but I don't believe he ran any shadowbombers. I think it's one of the most interesting cards in the game and would love to see it be more viable one day, but I'm not too hopeful about it.

6 damage to both players for 2 mana is a great deal if you've got more health than your opponent, which is pretty easy to make sure you do as an aggressive Priest. Especially with Holy Fire. I've never thought of it, but Mind Blast is also a better Kill Command that can only go face.

I think the aggro opportunities in Priest are pretty obvious, and then you fill out the rest of the deck with Wolfriders, Arcane Golems and their friends from current aggro decks. The problem is how you find card draw, which Noxious insisted had to be done with Northshire Clerics and Power Word: Shield. I don't think Clerics are good enough, but I also don't know of a good enough replacement. Jeeves just gets killed.

Levi

Banned

I got it on the Mage class challenge in BRM. I saved it for lethal, because why not? It's definitely not worth crafting, as I really dislike playing as Priest AND even if I did no non-gimmick Priest decks run it.

The Paladin epic I'm missing is a bit better, and good in aggro or token Paladin, but I'm not much into that playstyle so it's not a high priority craft. I figure I'll get it in a pack someday.

Post your decklist.

Here's my druid ramp/combo deck. Loatheb is of iffy value, I think. Any other suggestions are welcome. I was facing a lot of Paly's and Warriors so I included Harrison. Of course as soon as I did it was all druids, mages, and priests :\

My main problem is regaining board control back from just about anyone after rounds 1-4 when I'm trying to use Wild Growth, etc to ramp to my higher-tier cards. Mech mages are a MAJOR pain in the ass for this deck. I can actually manage face hunters decently as long as I get my belcher early.

edit: not sure why it's so huge.

edit 2: I'm @ rank 15. Made it to around rank 10 with this deck last season but ran out of time.

sorry for the dp, but the fact that kel'thuzad brings back Force of Nature at the end of my turn is frickin awesome.

edit:

the goddamn priest thoughtstole a FON + Savage roar combo!!!!! what in the FUCK

sorry for the dp, but the fact that kel'thuzad brings back Force of Nature at the end of my turn is frickin awesome.

edit:

the goddamn priest thoughtstole a FON + Savage roar combo!!!!! what in the FUCK

I thought it always dies after the KT animation since it was played after KT.

Weird, maybe even a bug.

why did no one tell me reckful was fun to watch

I think I said it a couple times
goodjob.gif

tylerf

Emperor Balanced really makes it impossible to play against druid. Trying to play around super combo damage the entire late game is just ridiculous.

Dahbomb

Emperor Balanced really makes it impossible to play against druid. Trying to play around super combo damage the entire late game is just ridiculous.
The trick is to not play around FON combo and instead use Face Hunter to finish game before Emperor gets dropped....

And now you know why the meta is the way it is currently.

I've complained my share about the new druid combo-ability. But if you think about it, if a druid has combo in hand before ET, then they've probably had a weak early game. If they don't have it, then they don't get that super combo. You mainly need to play for board, loatheb + taunt up on that turn he intends to win, and hopefully push enough damage to win.

Or my method, taunt and heal up til KT or dr. boom or tirion. Seems to be working.

clav

The game likes to remind people of Kel'Thuzad when that audio bit plays activating the card power.

"Minions, servants..."

Hearing it over and over again is somewhat hilarious.

Papercuts

Emperor has been doing work for me today. Just got to equality + consecrate and drop dr. boom on the same turn.

You seriously can't let that dude survive more than one turn.

Emperor has been doing work for me today. Just got to equality + consecrate and drop dr. boom on the same turn.

You seriously can't let that dude survive more than one turn.

Running a Freeze Mage list with Thaurissian and Malygos in it. :p

Thinking about Dragon's Breath as the Doomsayer + Nova lets you set up insane turns with Malygos that got Thaurissian. It's not too unlikely to get Malygos + Frost Bolt + Ice Lance hit with the Emperor, so you could Malygos + Frost Bolt + Ice Lance + Dragon's Breath for 27.

jblank83

Running a Freeze Mage list with Thaurissian and Malygos in it. :p

Thinking about Dragon's Breath as the Doomsayer + Nova lets you set up insane turns with Malygos that got Thaurissian. It's not too unlikely to get Malygos + Frost Bolt + Ice Lance hit with the Emperor, so you could Malygos + Frost Bolt + Ice Lance + Dragon's Breath for 27.

Disgusting.

Aylinato

I've run into multpiple warriors who think flooding the board and rushing down a handlock is a good idea. Say hello to all my AoE spells and free minions bitch. Oh, you forgot to clear my board? There goes yours. Oh, 2 health minion? Thanks mage I'll take a infernal out of it. Oh, mage flood the board again me with 5 health minions? Here have a board clear vs jarraxus, free infernal anyway. Oh, mr warrior who was unfortunate enough to face me with my face hunter deck? Oh I'm sorry that you have every single thing in your hand that should stop a face hunter, but I'll still win if I go face long enough.

Ps the face hunter win was finishing a quest. However it is disgusting that I went through an extra, 30+ health and still killed the warrior by turn 10

Anteo

Oponent gets Emperor Thaurissan on the board
I keep playing but dont draw any answers at all.
Oponent fills board
I still win the game.

Some people man..

Aylinato

Oponent gets Emperor Thaurissan on the board
I keep playing but dont draw any answers at all.
Oponent fills board
I still win the game.

Some people man..

I feel sorry for this one rogue, he was a fatigue rogue, and he keep giving me cards as a shaman. I just kept emptying my hand. He killed a wind runner, but then I put Rez on my sludge belcher and then got KT out. He raged, oh did I mention I used reincarnate on his 2/8 taunt giving me a sun walker and Fire elemental? Did that on turn 4? Lol. Heheh

Lost to a person who played Deathwing.

I need BGH.

For some decks you don't need bgh. But you'll probably want to craft one cause a lot of decks do need bgh. Thank dr. boom.

Plus, I wouldn't worry about losing to deathwing every once in a while. I've been playing since closed beta and I have lost to deathwing maybe once or twice. I've overcome deathwing more than that, but you really just never ever see it.

clav

For some decks you don't need bgh. But you'll probably want to craft one cause a lot of decks do need bgh. Thank dr. boom.

Plus, I wouldn't worry about losing to deathwing every once in a while. I've been playing since closed beta and I have lost to deathwing maybe once or twice. I've overcome deathwing more than that, but you really just never ever see it.

I was trying to draw for Equality since I had Consecrate, but I never top decked it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom