• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT3| Preparing for the Ball of Spiders Meta

Status
Not open for further replies.

ViviOggi

THAT CIRCLE NAARU PLAY
cBj1LTf.png

Type2

This one was on the front of reddit for most of the evening:

Chakki was playing one nearly identical for 40 games just a few ago too. Went 27-13 in the rank 5+ range tonight on his stream with it. Tried it out and it's hilarious to play.

Tried this with axe flingers instead of belchers today and they put up some crazy damage. Might run one of each after some more testing. Also I crafted grom so I can hit some deeper lethals. Having an immense amount of fun with this one.

Geeze, Garr is kicking my ass. How can you deal with all that damage when his adds die?
I played priest and controlled the board while sometimes healing his adds to make sure they dont all pop at once. Then I stole some small guys,killed some big guys and eventually took board to win. Used a standard lightbomb priest deck.

KePoW

Banned
ok I've never watched these live tournaments before... how did Kripp know exactly about the Belcher Sylvanas thing?? I didn't get it, is there some delay?

Alur

Tried this with axe flingers instead of belchers today and they put up some crazy damage. Might run one of each after some more testing. Also I crafted grom so I can hit some deeper lethals. Having an immense amount of fun with this one.

I have been too. One of the most fun decks I've played period.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
I think only Imp Gang Boss will make any splash in constructed this week, and and even then he likely won't catch on until Demon Fire is also available. The Dragon Decks won't fully come until all the Dragon Cards are out.

Rapstah

ok I've never watched these live tournaments before... how did Kripp know exactly about the Belcher Sylvanas thing?? I didn't get it, is there some delay?

I was making food so I missed it, but did he know Sylvanas was going to steal the ooze that pops out of the Belcher? That's a standard thing based on which minion was played first. All of these streamers know the rules for what happens in which order by heart. At least mostly they do, and when they don't it's a hilarious Youtube highlight for us to laugh at. Win-win!

Took me about an hour to get to main menu. Battle.net is on its knees apparently.

Same, and Molten Core isn't even out in EU yet. Stupid.

Atuin

Geeze, Garr is kicking my ass. How can you deal with all that damage when his adds die?

Enrage warrior with armor cards, deal a little damage to each add so only 1-2 die at the same time. Frothing Berserker, Gurubashi Berserker and the little ragebot are great.

Rapstah

For a tournament sponsored by that gaming chair everyone has, the ads for the chair are doing surprisingly little to sell the chair to people. Wouldn't surprise me if sales go down briefly.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
I was making food so I missed it, but did he know Sylvanas was going to steal the ooze that pops out of the Belcher? That's a standard thing based on which minion was played first. All of these streamers know the rules for what happens in which order by heart. At least mostly they do, and when they don't it's a hilarious Youtube highlight for us to laugh at. Win-win!

Same, and Molten Core isn't even out in EU yet. Stupid.

He had earthen ring and the 3/5 part of the belcher and used implosion on a 5/2 sylvannas and got 4 imps but the deathrattle still grabbed the belcher and basically lost him the game from there.

Atuin

Man how the eff do you beat Heroic Baron Geddon with his bullshit Living Bomb that does 10 damage to everything?

Got it on first try with Mechlock I've had laying around since GvG. Basically hero power, small cards and spare parts (You'll also need some big cards) so you'll use all your mana every turn. I guess basic zoolock would work too.

Magnus

I don't know why you're being so naysay negative. I am not asking whether it is worth running, I am asking whether people have seen anyone running it.

I think he's just trying to explain why you wouldn't see anyone running it yet. There's nothing paladin specific to run yet without Dragon Consort, right?

Magnus

I think only Imp Gang Boss will make any splash in constructed this week, and and even then he likely won't catch on until Demon Fire is also available. The Dragon Decks won't fully come until all the Dragon Cards are out.

Won't Lava Shock on its own possibly reinvent Shaman constructed?

ViviOggi

For a tournament sponsored by that gaming chair everyone has, the ads for the chair are doing surprisingly little to sell the chair to people. Wouldn't surprise me if sales go down briefly.
Lol indeed, can't believe they still haven't retired that spot.

I think he's just trying to explain why you wouldn't see anyone running it yet. There's nothing paladin specific to run yet without Dragon Consort, right?

People might be testing to see how well it works in paladin regardless. Notwithstanding, still interested to see if people are running dragon paladin... the only thing I asked.
crazy.gif
crazy.gif
crazy.gif
crazy.gif
crazy.gif

edit:
So if paladin weren't getting any dragon specific cards, no one would try dragon paladin? I seriously doubt that. Anyway, just wondering if people are seeing it in paladin at all today on ladder. I haven't and won't get to play til later.

But what is Dragon Paladin without Dragon Consort? It's just Paladin with dragon cards in it that don't have any synergy that Paladin brings to the table. Hard to label it without that, right? I'm honestly asking. Might've missed something.

People planned on making dragon paladin before dragon consort was revealed. omfg I just give up... I guess no one has seen it happen yet. Okay.

Magnus

People might be testing to see how well it works in paladin regardless. Notwithstanding, still interested to see if people are running dragon paladin... the only thing I asked.
crazy.gif
crazy.gif
crazy.gif
crazy.gif
crazy.gif

But what is Dragon Paladin without Dragon Consort? It's just Paladin with dragon cards in it that don't have any synergy that Paladin brings to the table. Hard to label it without that, right? I'm honestly asking. Might've missed something.

edit-

To answer your Q though - no, haven't seen any class running anything Dragon heavy yet. Technician could change that a bit for sure, but I honestly don't think it'll begin in earnest till the better ones arrive - Consort, Twilight Whelp, etc.

Dahbomb

crazy.gif
crazy.gif
crazy.gif
crazy.gif
crazy.gif
I didn't see people running it although I did see Axe Flinger, Lava Shock and Imp Gang Boss get used. Not a big sample size though and in all those matches these cards weren't game winning.

I think I might try it out though. You never know what might come until you actually run the deck and try the cards out. Could suck but could also be much better than anticipated.

So what's the counter? More face hunter?

Go bigger. Controllier Warrior. :p

Honestly I think the card is currently over rated, and won't truly be good until likely the next expansion where there are more cards with over load. But maybe I'm wrong.

^^

The only situation where it seems really good is Turn 5 with Feral Spirits or Ligthtning Storm. It does have a nice dream curve though.

Turn 3 Unbound > Turn 4 Fireguard > Turn 5 Lava Shock + Lightning Storm/Feral Spirits > Turn 6 Fire Elemental :p

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
I think you're underestimating the strength of 5 hp @ 3 mana, but that wasn't my point. Just wondering if people have seen people running dragon paladin yet.

Dragon Paladin won't be a thing until Dragon Consort comes out, and it's in the last wing.

Magnus

People planned on making dragon paladin before dragon consort was revealed. omfg I just give up... I guess no one has seen it happen yet. Okay.

Ah, I didn't know that!

I honestly thought Dragon Consort was the catalyst. I'm pretty terrible at keeping a whole class' roster of cards at top of mind right off the bat - I'm sure there's a major element of Paladin play that lends itself to Dragons then, without actually having a Dragon specific card (yet) in the class' roster.

Go bigger. Controllier Warrior. :p

^^

The only situation where it seems really good is Turn 5 with Feral Spirits or Ligthtning Storm. It does have a nice dream curve though.

Turn 3 Unbound > Turn 4 Fireguard > Turn 5 Lava Shock + Lightning Storm/Feral Spirits > Turn 6 Fire Elemental :p

I haven't played with the card yet, but doesn't it only unlock crystals that are already locked or remove the locks that are already in place? Like, if you play Lava Shock then Lightning Storm, won't you still have two overloaded crystals next turn? I would think that you would have to play Lightning Storm then Lava Shock, but you couldn't do it in that order because of the overload from Fireguard.

Wing 2 done. The 3rd Heroic was way easier than last weeks IMO. What did others use for the 2nd Heroic boss? I tried Mill Rogue just for fun but it actually worked after I got a SS in my opening hand to dodge the Hero Power.

Majine

Banned
I think Trump discovered a bug with Majordomo. If you bane of doom him at 2 hp, Rag will not spawn and you just win.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Next week, actually.

But it won't be OP until the strong dragon cards are released, in weeks 4 and 5.

I think Onyxia, Ysera, and Twilight Drake is enough to get started.

Still don't think Hungry Dragon is the least bit OP. Seems underwhelming to me.

Dahbomb

I haven't played with the card yet, but doesn't it only unlock crystals that are already locked or remove the locks that are already in place? Like, if you play Lava Shock then Lightning Storm, won't you still have two overloaded crystals next turn? I would think that you would have to play Lightning Storm then Lava Shock, but you couldn't do it in that order because of the overload from Fireguard.
Nah it unlocks crystals both this turn and for the next turn.

And Lava Shock won't be good until Fireguard comes out. Then you can see big tempo push with stuff like Unbound, Fireguard, Lava Shock + Feral Spirits, Flame Elemental. Mid range Overload deck essentially.

Currently Lava Shock will only see play in the Malygos Shaman deck which is still gimmicky as fuck because the win condition relies on a single card.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom