• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT3| Preparing for the Ball of Spiders Meta

Status
Not open for further replies.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Has everyone been getting this double secret activation sound bug? I think I've had it since BRM dropped.

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
How did you not die on 3 turns with only 8 health when he had that many minions?

I built a taunt druid deck to keep it alive, not even kiding every taunt minion I could use including Lord of the Arena, worked surprisingly.

The whole decks purpose was allow me to use his hero power as much as possible

jblank83

I built a taunt druid deck to keep it alive, not even kiding every taunt minion I could use including Lord of the Arena, worked surprisingly.

I did the same thing with Paladin to counter Face Hunter. It's worked fairly well, even against mid game decks (but not late game).

Papercuts

I beat Heroic Majordormo with Bane of Doom and I feel no shame.

How many Moltens does that guy have? Holy crap. I waited to burst him down and he had a turn where he dumped his hand to fill the entire board with them.

Iryx

I beat Heroic Majordormo with Bane of Doom and I feel no shame.

How many Moltens does that guy have? Holy crap. I waited to burst him down and he had a turn where he dumped his hand to fill the entire board with them.

He's got 10 Molten Giants on heroic.

This is why you should never concede. I had a dude drop Malygos with Call, Crackle my face, Bolt my face, Crackle a 2/2 I had, and then concede with me at 2 hp. I WTFed so hard because the speed of the targeting arrow wasn't fast so it couldn't have been a misstarget. Dude used 10 damage on a 2/2 instead of killing me and I would have lost if I had conceded when Mally dropped.

JesseZao

Came back to heroic rag and it took two tries. Killed him with -11 fatigue.

Heroic Garr was ez pz with my Mass Dispell Shadowboxer Velen's Chosen Heal Deck.

Heroic Baron I beat with Oil/Miracle Rogue.

Today, was not a good day. Here are some stats.

1 - Minions Below 3 Attack that spawned from enemy Shredders
2 - Number of opponents who roped me every turn while Thanking me
3 - Number of Non-Face Hunters I played today
4 - The number of games where I started with no draw in hand while playing Freeze Mage
5 - The number of losses in a row it took to piss me off
6 - The age of most of my opponents
7 - The rank I am now at
8 - How many times I lost to topdecks of cards with only one copy left in the deck
9 - Number of Hostile Piloted Shredders popped
100% - The number of netdeckers I run into on ladder.

Also had an opening hand entirely of secrets with my Freeze Mage build. It only runs 3. :l
No big deal.

New ones: 76% of games I started with Ice Block in hand while playing Freeze Mage

I wish I was so boring that I could run a complete netdeck and not feel like a loser. :l

JesseZao

Wait, really? I would never have guessed that Oil Rogue would have had enough damage to get through his 100 health....

I kept the board clear and was able to keep my Auctioneer and big Van Cleef on the board for three turns. (I'll admit some bad AI plays helped.)

I also ran Malygos so I had the damage.

Mulgrok

Those feels when your opponent is a an enrage warrior and just set up his board with worgen, grim patron, and that minion that gives all 3 or lower charge... and I play counterspell so his whirlwind is wasted and he loses from loss of momentum.

good times

Papercuts

Nothing like facing a mill rogue when Emperor is the first card in your hand. 9 card discount!

Didn't seem to play the deck very well though. Got way too greedy with the first coldlight and did double shadow step but left it on the board for me to kill, and when I had him down to 5 HP he did vanish on my dr. boom which made the deathrattles go off and do a perfect 2 and 3.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Imp Gang Boss is AMAZING in zoo. I have the stickiest boards in the world!

zLDKv92.jpg

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Imp Gang Boss was basically MADE for Zoolock.

I like those Annoyotrons in there... insurance against Face Hunters.

They also kinda fulfill the role that Argent Squire used to fill in classic zoo. Very good if buffed by DoA or Abusive. They're also insurance against control warrior.

All 3 Heroic bosses down. I one shot Garr with a Priest deck. I used Light of the Naaru to summon a Lightwarden and then Cast Circle of Healing on his board of minions. Next turn, Circle of Healing again after he used his hero power, and just blasted him the fuck out with a 30+ damage minion. I cast Mass Dispel on his board, as well, but his minions never died, so it wasn't a factor. I actually beat Majordomo Executus next with a different Priest deck. I Resurrected an Injured Blade Master and immediately hit him with Power Word Shield and Divine Spirit. He was basically unkillable at 18 health. Next I got out a Shieldmasta and cast Divine Spirit on him, and then I put out two Light Wells. I made sure to leave him at above 20 health so he couldn't play any Molten Giants, and then burst him down in one turn with Lightwarden that had about 15 attack and a 10/10 Shieldmasta. I even hit Rag for 18 damage from the Blade Master on that same turn. He only got to fire off his hero power once and only got to play two Molten Giants, although they never got a chance to attack. The last boss I tried was Geddon. I wanted to try out a Paladin Eye for an Eye deck, but I decided to go with Demonlock. It's just too important to max out your mana usage, and Warlock hero power is the only way to get enough cards to pull that off. Warlock also has a bunch of different ways to remove his own minions when they get hit with that time bomb spell. I got lucky and pulled Malganis from both of my Bane of Dooms, and just beat him down with buffed up demons. It didn't even matter that he was hitting me with his hero power at that point.

Triz

I did the class challenges and the other fights regular but it didn't give me the cards. Playing on iPad anyone else with the issue?

Aylinato

All 3 Heroic bosses down. I one shot Garr with a Priest deck. I used Light of the Naaru to summon a Lightwarden and then Cast Circle of Healing on his board of minions. Next turn, Circle of Healing again after he used his hero power, and just blasted him the fuck out with a 30+ damage minion. I cast Mass Dispel on his board, as well, but his minions never died, so it wasn't a factor. I actually beat Majordomo Executus next with a different Priest deck. I Resurrected an Injured Blade Master and immediately hit him with Power Word Shield and Divine Spirit. He was basically unkillable at 18 health. Next I got out a Shieldmasta and cast Divine Spirit on him, and then I put out two Light Wells. I made sure to leave him at above 20 health so he couldn't play any Molten Giants, and then burst him down in one turn with Lightwarden that had about 15 attack and a 10/10 Shieldmasta. I even hit Rag for 18 damage from the Blade Master on that same turn. He only got to fire off his hero power once and only got to play two Molten Giants, although they never got a chance to attack. The last boss I tried was Geddon. I wanted to try out a Paladin Eye for an Eye deck, but I decided to go with Demonlock. It's just too important to max out your mana usage, and Warlock hero power is the only way to get enough cards to pull that off. Warlock also has a bunch of different ways to remove his own minions when they get hit with that time bomb spell. I got lucky and pulled Malganis from both of my Bane of Dooms, and just beat him down with buffed up demons. It didn't even matter that he was hitting me with his hero power at that point.

I beat the last two bosses with face hunter. It made it as simple as could be. Not heroic, I don't care for the card back

Levi

Banned
I did the class challenges and the other fights regular but it didn't give me the cards. Playing on iPad anyone else with the issue?

Log out and log back in, that should fix it. If it doesn't, create a ticket with Blizzard support.

Mulgrok

Got my first non-expansion legendary today, Alexstrasa.

Can't wait to use it... don't think I have a deck for it, but whatever!

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
I've been listening to the BRM music on Youtube all morning. So unbelievably good, wtf

Levi

Banned
Got my first non-expansion legendary today, Alexstrasa.

Can't wait to use it... don't think I have a deck for it, but whatever!

Congrats! At least you got a really good legendary for your first one, and not Nat Pagle or something.

My first legendary was Harrison Jones, the first day I started playing. I didn't realize how good he was at the time, or how lucky I was to pull a legendary from a free pack.

Anyone else remember their first legendary cards?

I just tried out Lil Exorcist against Heroic Gar. It might be the most reliable way to beat it. Instant 9/10 with taunt. Her existence is finally justified.

5C7Kc4ol.jpg

Papercuts

Congrats! At least you got a really good legendary for your first one, and not Nat Pagle or something.

My first legendary was Harrison Jones, the first day I started playing. I didn't realize how good he was at the time, or how lucky I was to pull a legendary from a free pack.

My first one was Tirion, so I lucked out pretty hard. I also got it in one of the first ~5 packs so I thought it was something everyone got.

That said, I had the amazing ability to not actually get paladin class cards for the longest time and only semi-recently have been able to put him to actual use. First neutral was Ysera.

Triz

In my initial free starter packs I pulled a mill house mana storm. Didn't even realize what a legendary was at the time just thought it had a cool dragon effect.

clav

I started in February, and I have none.

Xanathus

My first was either Al'akir or Jaraxxus, one was from one of the rewards from a 10+ win arena win and another was from a pack from the ~3 wins arena run.

Heropon

I got Ragnaros the first day I played, I can't believe how lucky I was of getting a decent legendary first. My only other legendary was a golden Tinkmaster Overspark that became a Dr. Boom.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom