• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT5| Corrupted Deeprock Salt

17-5 with rogue this season. Still rocking 100% win rate vs paladin. Getting disgusting wins against these decks that just vomit cards on curve.

I had a druid living roots into aspirant innervate aspirant into shredder, I beat him by turn 6.

I had a paladin who zombie chow into shielded minibot into coin DOA, into shredder turn 4... still beat him by a landslide super blade flurry finish at the end.

I had this weird ass hunter playing mukla's champion and snipe where I made a huge misplay (not really the card I played but not waiting to see if it was snipe lol), but his mukla bringing highmane into bgh range gave me the needed opportunity to race him to death and somehow pulled out a win.

Pretty fun first day of the new season I have to admit. Not nearly as much aggro as I thought there would be... only 2 of the 6 games I played tonight were aggro (both were aggro druids). And I am on a 9 win streak. Feelsgoodman. I am updating the list at the moment if anyone wants to try running it.

Hearthstone_Screenshot_11_02_15_02_01_30.png

Basically cut ERF for a BGH, but credit for that suggestion goes to Hotform.

zoukka

Next expansion Blizzard releases better version of all their classic minions.

5/5 Frosty Yeti
6/5 King of the Arena
4/3 The OG Argent Commander
3/3 Sungod Protector
etc.

Well if some of those cards become redundant, then it's completely fine to evaluate whether they need buffing/new versions.

Clockwork Yeti was already better then Chillwind Yeti. Would be played everywhere if not for Shredder

Mech Yeti is not strictly better.

In mech decks.

And anytime it gives your opponent a good spare part, it's pretty bad.

I don't think I've seen it in a good list outside of mech mage, and even then its like... average almost? Not much stronger than shredder but fills a slightly better role of getting a spare part for antonidas.

Not to mention... it is a fricking common. Even if it was played in more decks, it costs 80 dust to make a pair. And in this instance, it doesn't even invalidate chillwind yeti. Some decks that might run yeti but don't benefit from mech or spare parts would probably just use cw yeti.

Dahbomb

Mech Yeti is not always strictly better than regular Yeti.

It may seem that way at first but giving the other opponent a Spare part could be detrimental. They could get a good spare part or you could give it to a Rogue/Mage who can combo it with their other cards to gain advantage.

Plus the Deathrattle tag means that cards that counter Deathrattle would could Mech Yeti over regular Yeti (Scarlet Purifier). Granted Deathrattle counters might as well be non-existent but if they include them in the future (like a card that straight up Mind Controls a minion with Deathrattle as a Battle Cry) then that would make Mech Yeti a bit worse in comparison to Yeti.

Now if Mech Yeti was simply a Yeti with the Mech tag then yeah it would be raw power creep and I would have a big problem with it. As it is, it's generally a side grade and a superior option in Mech decks. At the start of TGT, some pro players were actually running Yeti instead of Savage Combatant as their alternate 4 drop because they had more consistently in getting that 4 mana ramp thanks to Darnassus. And I am talking about regular Yeti here, not Mech Yeti.

Mech Yeti is not always strictly better than regular Yeti.

It may seem that way at first but giving the other opponent a Spare part could be detrimental. They could get a good spare part or you could give it to a Rogue/Mage who can combo it with their other cards to gain advantage.

Plus the Deathrattle tag means that cards that counter Deathrattle would could Mech Yeti over regular Yeti (Scarlet Purifier). Granted Deathrattle counters might as well be non-existent but if they include them in the future (like a card that straight up Mind Controls a minion with Deathrattle as a Battle Cry) then that would make Mech Yeti a bit worse in comparison to Yeti.

Now if Mech Yeti was simply a Yeti with the Mech tag then yeah it would be raw power creep and I would have a big problem with it. As it is, it's generally a side grade and a superior option in Mech decks.

I'd imagine if they did add a card that lets you mind control a deathrattle... holy fuck that would kill paladin as we know it. Bye bye tirion.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Dahbomb

It was just an extreme example obviously. I am saying that the Deathrattle tag could have more counters to it in the future to the point where if you are using a regular deck yourself and you don't want to deal with those deathrattle/mech counters then you would run regular Yeti.

Also with all the complaining around TGT I really hope many people learned their lesson with pre-ordering the packs. I personally didn't pre-order the packs and that decision was solidified after seeing all the cards. I bought like 30 packs with gold I had saved up and I got a Justicar from it and then crafted double Mysterious Challengers after that.

So if you want Blizzard to fix their shit then don't blindly give them money. Though I know that's not going to happen, people are going to see the next shiny Legendary and then hit the pre-order button immediately.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Give it to Priest, they could use the boost.

Who the fuck cares if some crybaby loses their Tirion? Maybe they'll stop playing it and play an honest 8 mana legendary like Rag.

MC is a card now. All bets are off.

Give every class some overpowered bullshit to enable an archetype. God knows they're not going to pop up by themselves in this oppressive design environment.

Dahbomb

They could introduce a neutral card that negates Battlecry and instantly kills the minion on summon. It would actually be the best Dr Balanced counter in the game. They can even make it a 4 drop so it can counter Loatheb/Mysterious Challenger/Dr 7!

Yeah that card would be over powered as shit.

Another card I thought of would be a card that nullifies all random effects when it's active. So no more Knife Juggler juggle effects when that card is in play.

I know all of these are extreme examples but the game really needs different ways to counter play all the stronger mechanics in the game.

A very simple card they can introduce to counter Secret Paladin's 5/6/7 god drops is a 4 mana 3/5 Passive effect: Your opponent's Battlecry minions cost (3) more.

jgminto

I ran into a Pally playing Scarlet Purifier earlier. Seems like a weird choice when doing 2 damage to a minion with Deathrattle usually isn't that useful. If they gave it the Light's Champion effect for Deathrattle then it would probably be better.

Haly

D'ore
Taunt
Battlecry: Steal all Deathrattles and get +0/+1 for each one.
4/8

squidyj

wow, nothing but dragon priest. my last 10 matches have all been dragon priest and I've lost them all to a shitty fucking curve. it's been literally impossible to put quartermaster and muster in the same hand for the past 10 games, and forget about generating any dudes.

complete inability to curve out, complete inability to draw worthwhile cards. fuck today, fuck all of today.

Haly

7 mana too slow in an aggressive meta.

/kappa

It wouldn't be a Hearthstone card if it didn't completely ignore the truth of the game!

Dalaran Librarian
Silence all minions that enter the battlefield.
0/6

Mind Sear
Deal 2 damage and silence two random minions in your opponent's hand.

Battlecry: Steal the effect of the next battlecry played.

Battlecry: Deal x damage to your hero.

Battlecry: Randomly deal x damage to one of your minions.

Dahbomb

wow, nothing but dragon priest. my last 10 matches have all been dragon priest and I've lost them all to a shitty fucking curve. it's been literally impossible to put quartermaster and muster in the same hand for the past 10 games, and forget about generating any dudes.

complete inability to curve out, complete inability to draw worthwhile cards. fuck today, fuck all of today.
Didn't draw Minibot on turn 2, Muster on turn 3, Shredder on Turn 4.

twitch_emoticon___babyrage_by_centaurman_plz-d8qd8y4.png

makes you feel any better I lost to a warlock at rank 19 that was running armored warhorse x2 in a weird handlock deck. Also i never seem to get such godly dragon priest curves ever. Put in a deathlord to help out early game and took out the shrinkmeister

zoukka

Blizzard can't easily print a deathrattle hate card since it would be in every deck. And you know, they want everyone to play dem deathrattles.

Dahbomb

Main issue are the deathrattles on 4 or lesser minions.

Sylvanas/Tirion Deathrattles are too powerful (as they should be because they are Legendaries) where as Shredder/Creeper Deathrattles are extremely annoying deathrattles early on that dictate the pace of the game.

Then there are edge cases like a Rhonin deathrattle. The card already isn't played that much and while it has a powerful deathrattle, this is one of those cards that would be punished even harder by a hard deathrattle counter card.

So really what most people want is a Deathrattle counter against 4 or lower cost minions. Because otherwise aggro decks would also use it to counter Sludge Belchers, Chillmaws etc.

Werd

After playing this game for ~1.75 years rarely missing a daily quest I took a break shortly after TGT was released, mostly just didn't have time to play but also wasn't particularly enthused by the set.

I see Blizz went from 0 to 100 real fast on killing Warsong, and Secrets Paladin/Aggro Druid are the top decks right now. Can anyone tell me if control warrior holds up to those alright? Always my favorite and I've only played aggro decks for quests.

Did a single joust card make the legitimate meta?
What is the point in losing stars in ranked play outside of making me frustrated?

It is pretty forgiving as is with streaks and lower stars for early ranks. At some point you have to require people to actually have a winning record to advance if it is going to be called "ranked".

Haly

Sure they can. They already have mechanics in place to deal with cards that could potentially be "too good" (or are designed thus).

Can't attack. (Ancient Watcher)
0 power (Doomsayer, Alarm-o-bot, Summoning Portal)
Class cards
Negative effects (Nerubar Weblord, Mana Wraith)
Can't attack heroes. (Icehowl)

They have all the design space in the world to shut down early game.

Instead they make bullcrap like Lil Exorcist or Scarlet Purifier.

What's frustrating is that they're very obviously willing to go overboard for generic "good stuff" like Boom, MC, Scientists, but when it comes to counters they suddenly get cold feet. It should really be the other way around. A hoser should be overwhelming when it works to balance out being useless otherwise. Unfortunately, the ones we have are underwhelming when they work and underwhelming when they don't, with the sole exception of Loatheb which qualifies as "good stuff".

Yes I know why they don't use these mechanics. SMOrc!

Brofist

That feeling when you reroll a quest and get the Rogue one, and double when it happens in a week with a terrible brawl.

Pooya

zalae trying to argue w/ chat on the merits of tuskar jouster in his deck lol. i feel bad for him

If tuskarrr jouster was actually good, ladder would be in even more trouble lol

edit: It's like people are going batshit insane. Tempo mage with Leper Gnomes and KJ, really? Eye for an Eye seems to be regular inclusion now too. This last secret paladin guy played deathwing on my board after I wiped everything, fortunatley I had Sylvanas on board along with patrons.
I feel Sylvanas is really good right now, it blocks playing of Tirion among other things.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Yeah, he isn't worth the +2/2 on stats over healbot for a total whiff. Especially fun to lose to a 2 drop when it pulls the single zombie chow I have in my deck.

It breaks me up inside, because the card art and sound clips are top tier.

Kornflayx

The fact that Tuskarr Jouster rarely triggers in the current aggro meta proves that it's a horrible card.

More like it proves that Joust is a shitty mechanic. Of all the cool things they could've done and they did that. And you lose if it's a draw, WTF

EmiPrime

I replaced Tuskarr Jouster with Antique heal bot a while ago.

Then I opened a golden Tuskarr Jouster.

I'm trying out both in the same deck. That animated turtle is too cute.

I replaced Tuskarr Jouster with Antique heal bot a while ago.

Then I opened a golden Tuskarr Jouster.

I'm trying out both in the same deck. That animated turtle is too cute.

I dusted two golden tuskarr already nope... sorry don't care for the fancy looks i need competitive cards.

Dragner

having a nice win streak with demon handlock, apparently today theres a lot of Control warriors for some reason so Im punishing them hard.

Tuskar jouster honestly isn't that bad. It is hard to say how good it is, although I think right now that healbot isn't a card that is too good atm due to a lack of aggro decks like face hunter and even aggro paladin.

People keep saying its an aggro meta. Truth is it is actually a midrange and tempo meta primarily and an aggro meta secondarily. Even looking at tempostorms list, secert paladin, which actually just isn't an aggro deck since it has been refined. Aggro druid and face hunter clock in at 3 + 4 but then you have 8 decks listed before zoo which is traditionally referred to as a board control aggro deck.

Mech mage, mech shaman, and hybrid hunters are either tier 3 or 4. This tempostorm meta snapshot also reflects my stats from my last 60 or so games, although last month total I had about equal amounts of mage as I had paladin.

If tuskarrr jouster was actually good, ladder would be in even more trouble lol

edit: It's like people are going batshit insane. Tempo mage with Leper Gnomes and KJ, really? Eye for an Eye seems to be regular inclusion now too. This last secret paladin guy played deathwing on my board after I wiped everything, fortunatley I had Sylvanas on board along with patrons.
I feel Sylvanas is really good right now, it blocks playing of Tirion among other things.

The leper gnome in mage could be a sign of it being a burn/aggro mage, not tempo mage. Tempo mage includes early game cards that actually fight for the board and leper gnome having 1 health is not a great choice for that. Eye for an eye will never be a regular inclusion. You might just be running into some shitty decks by luck too though.

Sylvanas is always pretty good, especially when priests are around and decent vs secret paladin with good timing since it can at least delay things to force an owl.

Servbot #42

Unconfirmed Member
Tuskarr jouster is garbage, dusting that everytime seems legit. Tuskarr jouster is a card designed for a meta that doesn't exist, playing normally i bet Tuskarr jouster would heal you less than 50% of the time.

inky

Got my first Legendary in a while. Repeat Harrison from a spectator pack.

Eh, could have been worse.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Blizzcon announcement gonna be the remaining hero skins.
WHENS ROGUE AND SHAMAN SKINS BLIZZ? WHENS?

Pooya

The leper gnome in mage could be a sign of it being a burn/aggro mage, not tempo mage. Tempo mage includes early game cards that actually fight for the board and leper gnome having 1 health is not a great choice for that. Eye for an eye will never be a regular inclusion. You might just be running into some shitty decks by luck too though.

Well, it opened like tempo mage so that's what I would call it then.

Played against another guy just now, he had TWO repentance, TWO eye for an eye, madness. It was quite annoying actually lol

All of them are shitty decks alright.

Miletius

I agree with not dusting Jouster cause the turtle looks cool. I mean, if you can't get enjoyment out of the little things what worth is there in life anyways.

Reason why Nexus champ is in all of my decks even though he's not particularly good in many of them.

Top Bottom