• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT5| Corrupted Deeprock Salt

Hearthstone_Screenshot_11_01_15_07_06_18.jpg

Druid, druid, druid, shaman.

I need golden muster for battle though because it pairs so well with golden paladin.

Dragner

pick freeze mage for a convincing 6-2 with it, losing one game from a horrible mistake(overdraw and couldnt keep coin to make turn 5 emperor) from me because I was rusty with the deck and another to control warrior.

Deck is really good right now, destroyed every paladin so easily.

Pooya

Draw half of my deck... it's all spells ;_; playing rogue is suffering at times. If you just draw reasonably, not god draw, just something sensible, you can beat anything but somehow ridiculous situations like this happens more than it should. ~18 spells ~12 minions, shouldn't happen like that, like give me 3 minions. I keep any minion I get in mulligan these days otherwise it's scary.

Aggro druid with wolfrider and arcane golems, good grief. Won with 1 health left after combo, my only heal was 2x farseer lol.

I'm not losing to any paladin ever though, violet teacher + prep + sap combo on muster board, it's so delicious.

Warrior, might as well concede, I'm running assassin's blade right now...

Mage can be rough at times. Hunter easy, druid okish. I have a long way to go until golden portrait though, I should get warrior first. Patron does very good right as ladder is almost entirely cancer.

ViviOggi

Yeah if you need the dust go for it. Enhance-o is not a very good card.

Warrior, might as well concede, I'm running assassin's blade right now...
You mean you or the Warrior? Blade is pretty good tech against Warrior with so few Harrisons around.

Pooya

me... I just hope they don't have justicar. It's almost impossible to make something stick for a turn even.

In other match ups, seemingly no one has any respect for rogue's board and they go face face face thankfully.

One card that could really help rogue is attaching prep to a minion, they attached wild growth to a minion so why not...

Owzers

Yeah if you need the dust go for it. Enhance-o is not a very good card.

You mean you or the Warrior? Blade is pretty good tech against Warrior with so few Harrisons around.

Enhance-o mech is only second to annoy-a-tron in mech friendliness.

Pooya

I played enhanco-o-mecho in arena once, everytime it gave windfury to entire of my board lol. I went like 10-3 that time, playing druid, play that then savage roar. It was fun.

Opened an acid maw for my birthday, thanks bliz. Now where the fuck is my overwatch invite? :)
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

me... I just hope they don't have justicar. It's almost impossible to make something stick for a turn even.

In other match ups, seemingly no one has any respect for rogue's board and they go face face face thankfully.

One card that could really help rogue is attaching prep to a minion, they attached wild growth to a minion so why not...

I don't buy the analogy. Prep is like rogue's version of innervate, not wild growth.

Also yeah, people don't respect rogue's board. I had a secret paladin choose to not remove my azure drake... even though he bothered to consecrate and hit with face against an SI agent. That bought me a 2 turn lethal due to sword oil.

cHinzo

How do you do against secret paladins trading? i completely gave up trying to kill the majority of their stuff in favor of face hugging, outside of the occasional knife juggler i'd aim for.
Welp just got one and it didn't really end well for me. Double secretkeepers, double creepers, muster and some shielded minibots were too much for me to handle. I replaced one of my bear traps for an explosive trap, so it should be better in the early game. Seeing lots of mages, hunters and warriors lately though. Luckily not many Dragon Priests. Face Hunters can also be tricky with their very aggressive early game too. Can usually stall out mages long enough so they arent that big of a deal.

Golden ancient of war, free 400 dust I guess. Pulling 500 dust a month is actually not a bad when you think about it. Especially because the average pack is worth 40 dust. Back to the grind.

So I guess people are net decking the rogue again? Meh. I'm only a little salty due to both my van cleefs being bgh'd twice in a row. I guess I'll make the standard 6/6 next time.

Also, it struck me that mysterious challenger is better at being nozdormu than nozdormu is at being nozdormu due to all the secret activation animations and special effects eating up so much time. FFS I don't need a huge splash across the entire screen saying a secret was activated.

Sande

I'm hopelessly stuck at rank 18. Normally I only start struggling once I reach single digits. I guess you shouldn't play ranked right at the beginning of a season.

Dragner

I'm hopelessly stuck at rank 18. Normally I only start struggling once I reach single digits. I guess you shouldn't play ranked right at the beginning of a season.

Beginning of the season is hard, I play legend cardbacks and golden heroes all day at 17-16. Its normal, BTW my statistics for today, played against 7 paladins (all secrets), 1 anti agro priest, 1 agro rogue, 4 face hunters, 2 zoolocks. Nice Balancing Blizzard, be proud.

cHinzo

U guys playing on NA or something with all those paladins? I dont see them more often than hunters or mages in EU atm.

Dragner

U guys playing on NA or something with all those paladins? I dont see them more often than hunters or mages in EU atm.

I play on EU and is mostly paladins. Since Patron nerf according my deck tracker I played 32% of the matches against paladin, and that is a lot.

/r/Hearthstone is 90% whining about the game at this point

And most of the posts are legit... this meta needs to fuckin die.

It's not even just the meta.
I have been playing since beta, and there was always whining.
But the general HS mood on reddit or in other forums has never been as bad as it is now.
The terrible communication between community and devs, terrible patches, lackluster expanions, inexcusably slow bugfixes.

There have been complaints about confusing and flat out wrong card texts for months over months. Reddit even fixed all the card texts. Blizzard doesn'T give a fuck. It stays as it is.

There have been so many good suggestions how to nerf patron. Blizzard doesn't give a fuck and takes the worst route imaginable.

Deck slots? Blizzard doesn't give a fuck.

and it goes on and on ...

People just have lost confidence that the dev team has any clue what they are doing.

Dahbomb

/r/Hearthstone is 90% whining about the game at this point

And most of the posts are legit... this meta needs to fuckin die.
Honestly there are cries about bad meta in every meta.

The problem is that now theres a deck at the top that a bot can play at 53% win rate with.

People have lost a lot of confidence in Blizzard as far as designing and balancing the game goes. The Warsong nerf is also included in this conversation.

Zero communication is really the biggest problem here, and whenever we do get some explanation it's usually bullshit that don't make no sense like "The soul of the card"

inky

Blizzard has always been very slow to react. I think the perception we have (especially as avid forum visitors) is skewed against the amount of money Blizzard makes and the amount of players they have that are not us and don't care to much about the specifics as long as they can have a few hours of fun here and there. While some studios want to cultivate that relationship with "us" week to week, it feels like Blizzard don't want to rock the boat often enough.

It was the same shit with Diablo 3. The game was a mess and I would say outright awful in terms of economy and itemization for the better part of 2 years. Every change introduced was slow, overdue and not more than a mere band aid for what the players wanted or the game needed, but Blizzard kept that shit at a snail's pace. Then one day they ripped the Auction House altogether, and after an expansion, 2 years and 30 million copies sold the game was where it needed long ago.

I understand Hearthstone's problems are different in nature, but I believe the behind the scenes is similar: the users and money and time spent playing by a large more casual audience tells them a different story. One still wonders what the reasoning behind some decisions are, but their time-frames and lack of good communication isn't as surprising. The impression I get is that either there are too many people involved in the decision making, and not many gameplay-only factors, or there isn't a good vision for where the game needs to be and they just brute-force it through iteration and collective ideas.

Raytow

I think the biggest problem, is that you can't get away from the meta unless you play arena, and that sucks, you'd think casual would be ripe for weird niche decks, but no.

Dahbomb

Zero communication is really the biggest problem here, and whenever we do get some explanation it's usually bullshit that don't make no sense like "The soul of the card"
The reasoning for the extreme Warsong nerf was that it throttled future card design. A fair reasoning but the change they finally ended up with was laughable. The soul of the card reasoning was also bull shit. For a lot of people a soul of the card is the card text, not the stats. Argent commander didn't lose its soul when it became a 4/2.

Sometimes bad changes are just hard to justify and this was one of them. They can spin it however way they like, a bad chang is a bad change.

When they say it "throttles future design" that's bullshit too since that only seemed to matter when it came to Warsong and not the 10 other cards that do it

You would expect a Piloted Shredder, Mad Scientist, Dr. Boom, Mysterious Challenger, Shielded Minibot nerf if that was true. But it ain't gonna happen.

Pooya

The ladder is hilarious right now, everyone is in full smorc mode lol. The new patron still destroys face hunter. It's not all that good against secret paladin, divine favor hurts really badly now, before you could come back from it. I feel I need double BGH too lol.

The ladder is hilarious right now, everyone is in full smorc mode lol. The new patron still destroys face hunter. It's not all that good against secret paladin, divine favor hurts really badly now, before you could come back from it. I feel I need double BGH too lol.

I think I've played maybe... 1 face deck in 10 matches.

edit:
1 face hunter, 1 aggro paladin in 14 matches. I lost to the face hunter, but only because KJ rng =/

Tagyhag

It's a sad state of affairs with the game when fighting a mill druid was the most fun I've had in a while in constructed.

granted, I barely ever visit the hearthstone subreddit unless I'm linked there, but I think every top comment on a thread there is "this is the worst meta ever, even worse than ____"

it's like the collapsed core of a giant star made of pure salt

cHinzo

granted, I barely ever visit the hearthstone subreddit unless I'm linked there, but I think every top comment on a thread there is "this is the worst meta ever, even worse than ____"

Sounds like this thread. :d

Are those games against Dragon Priests even winnable without playing something like Demonlock? Cant get past their big minions.

Dahbomb

Some are constructive like this post on card advantage.

TLDR cards like Dr. 6 and Divine Favor shit on card advantage and make it a laughable thing
Yeah this is a good post and goes into detail why there's a gross imbalance between playing for tempo and playing for card advantage. The cards which people complain about don't have one card counter play.

And yeah worst meta for the game was post Naxx Undertaker Deathrattle meta.

JoeMartin

That's what /r/competitiveHS is for.

You can basically assume everything 10+ is netdecked straight from comphs or streams currently going, and sixty percent of the time you'll be right every time.

JoeMartin

ladder is nothing but aggro right now. Gonna wait a few days for it to somewhat die down.

It's true. You should wait a couple days before laddering so that you play against nothing but actual rank 20 santadin/funter/aggruid instead of rank 20-5 santadin/funter/aggruid.

Celegus

Honestly there are cries about bad meta in every meta.

The problem is that now theres a deck at the top that a bot can play at 53% win rate with.

People have lost a lot of confidence in Blizzard as far as designing and balancing the game goes. The Warsong nerf is also included in this conversation.

Don't suppose there's any chance of a complete rework of dozens of cards instead of touching one every 4 months? Can't really see that happening myself but the game does feel like it's careening off a cliff right now and something drastic needs to happen. And of course, who knows if it would actually end up any better. Warsong nerf just befuddles me to no end, how could they even think that's a remotely playable card now?

Servbot #42

Unconfirmed Member
ladder is nothing but aggro right now. Gonna wait a few days for it to somewhat die down.

for me on NA it's all paladin and paladin and some hunter. Can't complain too much since i have been doing great with dragon priest
laugh.gif
In other news Chillmaw is so fucking good, so glad i got it from a pack
DendiFace.png

cHinzo

Had 300 gold left so I bought 3 packs. Got a legendary in my last pack. :D Didn't have that one yet, aww yiss!

57f74ba451.jpg

Tomcat

for me on NA it's all paladin and paladin and some hunter. Can't complain too much since i have been doing great with dragon priest
laugh.gif
In other news Chillmaw is so fucking good, so glad i got it from a pack
DendiFace.png

I am a bit disappointed with dragon priest. Doesn't seem very powerful against this aggro meta and not very reliable. I think dragon mage is better.

How do people feel about increasing Hero Health as a way to deal with some of these problems?

I feel like the game has been balanced around 30 HP. Warriors already kinda break that, if the HP was increased to 40 then games would be longer and Control decks could stabilize.
Cards like Molten Giant would have to be changed, etc

Top Bottom