• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT5| Corrupted Deeprock Salt

Blizzcon announcement gonna be the remaining hero skins.
WHENS ROGUE AND SHAMAN SKINS BLIZZ? WHENS?

How long would it take after Blizzard releases Shaman and Rogue skins for anyone to actually play against one? I almost never see Rogues, Shamans are more common, but the decks still aren't any good. I can't imagine anyone spending $10 for alternate skins for classes that they never play.

Pooya

They probably released skins for mage/hunter first because they were the most popular classes at the time and warrior of course is the class for paying players lol. Now it's time for paladin, druid and maybe priest I guess.

They don't care enough about rogue or shaman to invest in an alt jpeg for them that no one is going to buy anyway... I'd buy a rogue portrait, Valeera's design is kinda awful.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
How long would it take after Blizzard releases Shaman and Rogue skins for anyone to actually play against one? I almost never see Rogues, Shamans are more common, but the decks still aren't any good. I can't imagine anyone spending $10 for alternate skins for classes that they never play.

Blizzard usually takes extreme measures when things aren't working for an extended period of time in order to make them better.

We can see examples of this with the two secret related cards and the Grim Patron/Warsong fix for Warrior (that they felt went so far they had to change it).

Paladin was once the bottom tier class as well and received powerful card after powerful card until they were on top.

They went through and made sure Dragon Priest was viable after that failed to take off. Similarly they returned some of Miracle Rogue's burst down functionality with Oil Rogue after nerfing Gadgetzan to get Rogue back in.

I'm fully expecting to see cards between this adventure and the next expansion to target the issues Shaman and Rogues are seeing.

Dragner

Idk if Blizzard giving Overwatch Betas to all HS streamers is a good idea, People are on tilt with ladder and almost no popular streamers playing the game right now, can make tired of the game faster.

Haunted

Idk if Blizzard giving Overwatch Betas to all HS streamers is a good idea, People are on tilt with ladder and almost no popular streamers playing the game right now, can make tired of the game faster.
I don't know if there's a lot of overlap between card players and first person shooter types. Trump or Day9 playing Overwatch isn't going to make me want to play Blizzard's take on TF2.

That said, it's obviously a smart move to leverage personalities that have a big following in the general "Blizzard fanbase" and have them advertise a new Blizzard product.

Dragner

I don't know if there's a lot of overlap between card players and first person shooter types. Trump or Day9 playing Overwatch isn't going to make me want to play Blizzard's take on TF2.

That said, it's obviously a smart move to leverage personalities that have a big following in the general "Blizzard fanbase" and have them advertise a new Blizzard product.

I Mean, because if streamers are playing overwatch theres nobody playing HS, Im not a FPS guy but still gonna play the shit out of overwatch to scape of this boring meta.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
While the audience overlap between Blizzard products appears huge, I don't your average person actually plays Hearthstone all day and then goes and watches streams of Hearthstone when they're unhappy, and rather engages in other games or activities.

I stand by my statement that Divine Favor is the shittiest card in this entire game. It negates an entire archetype and it always has. It rewards inefficient play and is an absurdly powerful comeback cards for a class and style of deck that has one of the lowest skill caps in the game. The whole design of the card is pure casual jank that punishes people for playing the game in any way other than Blizzard's "Play minions, minion smash!" mentality.

This game is so fucking far away from the game I loved playing a year ago that it's sickening. Every time I play I find that some disgusting flaw in the game design itself prevents me from gaining any enjoyment whatsoever by the time I end up stopping.

Dahbomb

Reason why Joust fails in the current meta is because everyone is still running Dr Balanced despite playing aggressive decks. Secret Paladin is an aggressive deck but it still runs Dr 6, 7, 8. Moreover just about every Paladin deck has to run Zombie Chow, Minions and Knife Jugglers to contest the early game so even if you try to run Joust you will still have small minions in your deck.

Just because a deck is not running Leper Gnomes does not mean it's not an aggressive deck.

Dragner

I stand by my statement that Divine Favor is the shittiest card in this entire game. It negates an entire archetype and it always has. It rewards inefficient play and is an absurdly powerful comeback cards for a class and style of deck that has one of the lowest skill caps in the game. The whole design of the card is pure casual jank that punishes people for playing the game in any way other than Blizzard's "Play minions, minion smash!" mentality.

This game is so fucking far away from the game I loved playing a year ago that it's sickening. Every time I play I find that some disgusting flaw in the game design itself prevents me from gaining any enjoyment whatsoever by the time I end up stopping.

I agree with that, I play my good amount of competitive MTG, and aggro decks can go off the charts fast but if they run out of steam and dont win they lose most of the time. Divine favor rewards you for playing reckless and punish comback mechanics from other archetypes. Is a card shouldnt exist for sure, it makes no sense best draw card belongs to agro.

Line_HTX

17-5 with rogue this season. Still rocking 100% win rate vs paladin. Getting disgusting wins against these decks that just vomit cards on curve.

I had a druid living roots into aspirant innervate aspirant into shredder, I beat him by turn 6.

I had a paladin who zombie chow into shielded minibot into coin DOA, into shredder turn 4... still beat him by a landslide super blade flurry finish at the end.

I had this weird ass hunter playing mukla's champion and snipe where I made a huge misplay (not really the card I played but not waiting to see if it was snipe lol), but his mukla bringing highmane into bgh range gave me the needed opportunity to race him to death and somehow pulled out a win.

Pretty fun first day of the new season I have to admit. Not nearly as much aggro as I thought there would be... only 2 of the 6 games I played tonight were aggro (both were aggro druids). And I am on a 9 win streak. Feelsgoodman. I am updating the list at the moment if anyone wants to try running it.

Hearthstone_Screenshot_11_02_15_02_01_30.png

Basically cut ERF for a BGH, but credit for that suggestion goes to Hotform.

I am enjoying how you're using this Rogue deck and your other one Tempoil, I believe. Does this consistently wipe out aggro Druid and Eboladin?

On an unrelated note and VERY LATE, via @Kolento...

CSsl3a6WsAALoGo.jpg:large

Fucking kill me. :V

Raytow

The fuck is that? a FF character or something?
Also fuck huntards, best deck to crap on them on a regular basis? dreadlock does the work more or less on a good draw but I want total absolute domination.

Haunted

I Mean, because if streamers are playing overwatch theres nobody playing HS, Im not a FPS guy but still gonna play the shit out of overwatch to scape of this boring meta.
that's weird

There's a hundred other games you could be playing that are in the genres you like, why play an FPS if you don't like FPS games.

Dahbomb

that's weird

There's a hundred other games you could be playing that are in the genres you like, why play an FPS if you don't like FPS games.
It's a Blizzard FPS that's why. Blizzard has been the gateway to various genres for people new to them like MMOs, loot ARPGs, RTS and TCGs.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Two years' worth of topdicks...

EmiPrime

I agree with not dusting Jouster cause the turtle looks cool. I mean, if you can't get enjoyment out of the little things what worth is there in life anyways.

Reason why Nexus champ is in all of my decks even though he's not particularly good in many of them.

You're good people Miletius.

Turtle power!

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
that's weird

Proposal: Most of the people playing Hearthstone were not TCG people prior.

May I recommend trying Magic Duels? You might also like SolForge. It has a lot of randomness baked in, but hand size is static.

Xanathus

Speaking of alternative CCGs, what happened to that Elder Scrolls CCG? According to the wiki it was supposed to release at Q3/Q4 2015 but there's no word from it.

Dahbomb

Top dicks used to be cool when you top dicked your AOE spell to clear the board and get back into the game. Nowadays you get aggroed/out tempoed and if you manage to stabilize they top dick lethal to finish the game.

Dragner

It's a Blizzard FPS that's why. Blizzard has been the gateway to various genres for people new to them like MMOs, loot ARPGs, RTS and TCGs.

I should say more, Im not a MODERN DAY FPS, I was huge into FPS with Doom, Quake 2,3, Unreal, Wolfenstein and that kind of old school FPS, last FPS I enjoyed was Borderlands. I would like to try compeittive FPS that are not the typical console FPS and overwatch may be a good starting point.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
This game kind of needs hyper efficient taunts to deal with all the tempo and sticky stuff right now. Sludge Belcher just doesnt cut it by himself anymore. That's part of why Dragon Priest is relatively successful right now. And people are running Deathlords with Divine Spirit now. That's how badly the need for these overpowered taunts are. They'll run these card combinations that would otherwise really suffer against midrange and control decks that would run the kind of tech to deal with them.

Line_HTX

I just choked on my lunch.

May I recommend trying Magic Duels? You might also like SolForge. It has a lot of randomness baked in, but hand size is static.

How has Magic Duels been since launch? I tried playing it for a week or so but found that I couldn't stay with it. I don't know what it is, I felt bored after playing a while.

Dahbomb

This game kind of needs hyper efficient taunts to deal with all the tempo and sticky stuff right now. Sludge Belcher just doesnt cut it by himself anymore. That's part of why Dragon Priest is relatively successful right now. And people are running Deathlords with Divine Spirit now. That's how badly the need for these overpowered taunts are. They'll run these card combinations that would otherwise really suffer against midrange and control decks that would run the kind of tech to deal with them.
Honestly I would settle for taunt minions that can't be targeted by minions.

Also when are we doing that review session? I need to check my schedules and stuff.

something like a "aldor-er peacekeeper" that has text like "no minions can attack" would be interesting, especially if it isn't just another "cool effect, costs 3 mana too much to be useful" card like most of the stuff from TGT.

would force people to keep removal/silences in hand in the early game instead of just relying on minion efficiency

or it might not be, who knows

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
How has Magic Duels been since launch? I tried playing it for a week or so but found that I couldn't stay with it. I don't know what it is, I felt bored after playing a while.

It's horrible and basically completely unsupported with zero developer communication to boot.

If people think Hearthstone has none, they've never seen real dead silence.

I don't think it even connects online for half the users on iOS anymore.

Dahbomb

something like a "aldor-er peacekeeper" that has text like "no minions can attack" would be interesting, especially if it isn't just another "cool effect, costs 3 mana too much to be useful" card like most of the stuff from TGT.

would force people to keep removal/silences in hand in the early game instead of just relying on minion efficiency

or it might not be, who knows
Blizzard will never create a minion like that because it goes against their interactivity philosophy. And quite frankly that card would be severely over powered as well.

Maybe they can create a Legendary effect "no minions can attack for one turn". Even that would be extremely powerful in Feeze Mage, basically giving them another Nova.

zoukka

Gettin so many bugged games where nobody can do anything... and I am always winning in those. Is there some fucking exploit going around?

squidyj

Top dicks used to be cool when you top dicked your AOE spell to clear the board and get back into the game. Nowadays you get aggroed/out tempoed and if you manage to stabilize they top dick lethal to finish the game.

top dicks were cool when they were doing things i liked. Now I'm salty about aggro so I have to

Raxus

Eadric fits in perfectly fine where he is now. He is just a control heavy card in a rush meta.

It is becoming more and more apparent that it isn't the card that is the problem it is a whole myriad of issues Blizzard needs to look into.

Dahbomb

It's sad when the best early game control Legendary was given to a class that is not even built to play Control (Dreadscale and Hunter).

gutshot

I should say more, Im not a MODERN DAY FPS, I was huge into FPS with Doom, Quake 2,3, Unreal, Wolfenstein and that kind of old school FPS, last FPS I enjoyed was Borderlands. I would like to try compeittive FPS that are not the typical console FPS and overwatch may be a good starting point.

If you enjoy FPS like Quake and Unreal, you are going to LOVE Overwatch. The game feels very UT-inspired.

Raxus

It's sad when the best early game control Legendary was given to a class that is not even built to play Control (Dreadscale and Hunter).

Speaking of baffling. Why did warrior get a 6/5 legendary with an awful effect when Paladins get an epic 6/6 later with a much much much better effect?

Dahbomb

Speaking of baffling. Why did warrior get a 6/5 legendary with an awful effect when Paladins get an epic 6/6 later with a much much much better effect?
I don't think Iron Juggernaut effect is awful, it's actually quite cool and works well in a Fatigue Warrior deck. It's a cool gimmick.

It's just that comparing anything to Mysterious Challenger is folly. Like compare Fizzlebang and Mistcaller to Mysterious Challenger.

Rockyrock

You can ask that about just about any powerful card in the game.

MC is one of the only cards in the game that has good stats for its mana cost and a powerful/devastating effect.

Dre

Gettin so many bugged games where nobody can do anything... and I am always winning in those. Is there some fucking exploit going around?

Happened to me during the last couple days as well. Strangely enough I had just cast a Counterspell when it occurred. It may have been a coincidence, but that secret might be bugged.

You don't even have to go all the way back to GvG for ridiculous comparisons between MC and, well, pretty much anything that isn't OP as fuck. Wilfred and Mistcaller were released in the same set. They have the same mana cost, but 4 less stats (which is particularly bad on Wilfred since you can't get any value off of him without also using hero power) and abilities that don't have an immediate effect without further investment. They're also legendaries, so you can only have 1 in a deck. Warrior got a 6 mana 6/7 that damages his minions when drawn. That's right, you get +1 health over MC at the cost of 1 health from all of your minions currently on board. Can this work with enrage minions? Possibly, but since the effect is tied to when Sea Reaver is drawn rather than a battle cry, you can't trigger it when you want to, you're at the mercy of RNG. Mage got a 6/6 epic that is slow as all hell since in order for it to actually do anything, you have to have at least 4 extra mana (if you only use hero power once per turn, Coldarra Drake isn't doing shit).

Dahbomb

Coldarra Drake is a card that could be very good down the line. If they introduce a Jaraxxus like card for Mage then Coldarra Drake can be used in it. I have seen it used in a Majordomo Mage deck.

Coldarra Drake is a card that could be very good down the line. If they introduce a Jaraxxus like card for Mage then Coldarra Drake can be used in it. I have seen it used in a Majordomo Mage deck.

I've only ever seen that happen on YouTube. I've never actually played anyone that tried that gimmick crap. But even if your hypothetical card gets made, Coldarra Drake is still slower than MC because it does not have an immediate impact on the board without further mana investment.

zoukka

Happened to me during the last couple days as well. Strangely enough I had just cast a Counterspell when it occurred. It may have been a coincidence, but that secret might be bugged.

It's not it happened again after counterspell! That fucking card is bugges lmao

Dragner

Blizzard is still living on 2014 with Paladin "Dude, paladin is so bad lets give them help",

But yeah Paladin has now the best 2 drop in the game (Minibot), the best 3 drop in the game (muster) the best 4 drop (Shredder, ok, this is for everyone), the best 6 drop in the game (MC) and top 3 best legendary in the game (Tyrion)...Paladin doesnt need help Blizzard, stahp, Shaman and rogue needed help, GVG was already great for Paladin.

FeelsBadMan

FeD.nL

Really wonder if/when we're getting a second ranked ladder with specific sets/adventures. Perhaps a 3 month long season with a tournament at the end of it.

Top Bottom