• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT5| Corrupted Deeprock Salt

CoolOff

I'm playing Reno shadow-Priest, and the amount of dumb shit people do when they don't think you can heal anymore is incredible. I T3 Shadowform against Freeze Mages, and they immediately start throwing burn at my face. Druids just empty Swipe face when I'm at 26 hp.

I swear, it's more of a trigger for dumb plays than Fel Reaver.

Also, last Druid got pretty salty when my Paletress summoned Tirion.

why do people get so excited when someone concedes lol? 95% of the time it isn't that they gave up, it's that HS crashed or their work break ended or their baby is crying etc. people aren't dropping out on 8-0 arena runs on turn 1 because you beat them. u guys imagine so much salt that isn't really there

gutshot

Ancient Mage value.

VjBE8E8.png

That doesn't beat the Ancient Mage onto a board with Brann, and then Pyroblasting for 14, Forgotten Torching for 7 and Arcane Blasting for 10 that my partner did in my Brawl.

Zoggy

all right i just had the mage attack my face and minions with spells.

i let the game play out and let him kill me. i'm not even mad i'm laughing so hard right now.

imagine him thinking "haha this brawl is easy as shit, i'm about to get my free pack baby!" as he torches my face for the last time and we both blow up.

all right i just had the mage attack my face and minions with spells.

i let the game play out and let him kill me. i'm not even mad i'm laughing so hard right now.

imagine him thinking "haha this brawl is easy as shit, i'm about to get my free pack baby!" as he torches my face for the last time and we both blow up.

Wow....it's hard to imagine someone could actually be that dumb.

Tacitus_

Well that was fun. I tried Kiblers Elise list and got my Golden Monkey at t8 and played it on 9 for shits and giggles.

Onyxia + Bolvar is kinda hilarious.

Hycran

Banned
Beat the brawl first time around. Had a pretty good mage player with me who managed to chain together 2 10 damage arcane blasts in a row, followed by my board which had been given Cenarius buff followed by double savage roar. He had 11 hp and the mage had 10 damage on board, so he decided to fireball himself down to 2 hp, scared the crap out of me haha. Pack was garbage as usual

Pooya

after a couple months of no legendary, my pity timer is reset with this trash brawl pack.

1452720475-1.jpg

and the last one I got was Lorewalker Cho too. I'm pretty sure I'll never open something top tier from classic set ever at this point.

Record so far, for the past 7-8 months.
3x Lorewalker Cho
4x Nat Pagle
1x Gruul
1x King Mukla
1x Tinkermaster

Missing Millhouse, Nozdormu and The beast, probably my next ones.

As much as people hated on TGT, average legendary is really decent in there. The worst card in there is Skeleton Knight. Something like Bolf isn't even bad, it does something at least.

I guess King Mukla isn't as awful as the rest, you can play it in mill rogue maaaybe. nope.
divine favor paladin is another one but it's not really good in there.

Owzers

Hmmmm hunter made a mistake that i used to do with healbots, have a freeze trap up, don't kill opponents healbot, they attack with healbot and heal themselves again. This time they didn't kill my reno :O

Also my first game using the sylvanas i crafted, shadowflamed it and swiped a leftover boom.

Tacitus_

Oh thank fuck I won that brawl on the first try. Even then we wouldn't have won if I hadn't healed both of us by 8 the previous turn (and had not played Aviana into mirror entity a couple turns before). Thank you
V9eKw1D.png

Such a bullshit boss.

cHinzo

Fun Brawl, won 4 out of 5. :D Had some mage quests left, but kept getting druids lol. Only time I lost was when the boss kept hitting face for like 4 turns in a row after buffing up.

Just need to time the use of cards well. Enemy played Lorewalker + double healing touch to keep us in the game. I played Mirror Entity, he gave me Aviana, I gave him Animated Armour which also did tons of work blocking his damage. Liking these co-op Brawls.

Dre

Finally got a second legendary from my Brawl pack, unfortunately it was Bloodmage Thalnos, which I already got twice before that.
Oh well, I'm now 400 dust closer to my Justicar I guess.

Malice215

I didn't mind playing this brawl again. I did mind being matched up with 4 scrubs to start out 0-4. Finally pulled out a win when I was at a sliver of health and needed to do 8 damage. Thankfully I had a Fireball and a Kobold in hand and hero power for lethal.

I've had nothing but garbage packs since Tavern Brawl dropped. Finally got a legendary in Tirion. I don't mind that free 400 dust either.

Now back to this mess of a meta that's Constructed.

oh god you have to win this brawl, fuck me.

You gotta know the decks of both heroes. As druid you want to spam minions to fill your board buy don't attack with you little 1/1s so you can double savage roar for maximum damage in one turn. Violet teacher is very good for this. When the mage plays a secret it is mirror entity, try to give him a good minion.

As mage you want to save your spells and wait for a lot of spell powers on board before unloading. Also watch out for druid dropping a milhouse, that's your cue to unload all your spells for free. Since you have little heals you gotta save your animated armor to reduce your damage. A smart druid would try to keep you alive with zombie chows and healing wave.

Basically if you both know your win condition which is a massive savage roar turn and a ton of spell power nukes, and play smartly, you shouldn't have problem winning.

Triz

You gotta know the decks of both heroes. As druid you want to spam minions to fill your board buy don't attack with you little 1/1s so you can double savage roar for maximum damage in one turn. Violet teacher is very good for this. When the mage plays a secret it is mirror entity, try to give him a good minion.

As mage you want to save your spells and wait for a lot of spell powers on board before unloading. Also watch out for druid dropping a milhouse, that's your cue to unload all your spells for free. Since you have little heals you gotta save your animated armor to reduce your damage. A smart druid would try to keep you alive with zombie chows and healing wave.

Basically if you both know your win condition which is a massive savage roar turn and a ton of spell power nukes, and play smartly, you shouldn't have problem winning.

I've tried this twice...both times the computer played a card that wiped my board.

Played 1 game on NA and finished the brawl. I've played 4 games on EU and seen so many stupid plays. Running 1 1s into the boss when he as 10 atk, leaving five 1 1s on the board with a few other minions then mechazoid completely clears their side and the last game I just played my "opponent" killed my Brann with 2 Wraths. I just conceded right after that.

Tarazet

As mage you want to save your spells and wait for a lot of spell powers on board before unloading. Also watch out for druid dropping a milhouse, that's your cue to unload all your spells for free.

This is one of the key decisions you have to make as Malfurion, when to use Millhouse.. I tried to draw as many cards for Medivh as I could before dropping Millhouse. I biffed it in one game by filling my board with Millhouse as one of the minions and getting my board wiped.. and unfortunately Millhouse's effect isn't a battlecry. We won anyway though, courtesy of two Zombie Chows and double Savage Roar.

If you can do Cho + Millhouse that is the dream but you're not always going to get it.

yea a druid played millhouse when I only had arcane blast in hand and top decked fireball, we somehow won, but damn it came down to what bullshit mechazod was about to do on the last turn

Man, using a secret paladin has made this game so much easier. I was having trouble getting past rank 18 or so before but now I'm halfway through 11.

Grover

Banned
new to the forums so i just want to introduce this way,

ive been playing for about a year i think, haven't put a single cent toward the game,

ive bought 3 tiers of Naxx using gold so far, nothing from Blackrock or Explorers

when i first started playing i was foolish and 400 dust seemed like alot to me so i would disenchant all my legendaries, this includes

-King Krush
-Sneed's Shredder
-Jaraxxus
-Pagle
-Cairne
-Blingtron 3000
-And the one that was most personal to me, my Golden Cabal Shadow Priest (an epic, but 400 dust)

ive learned alot since then and am making up for my foolishness, i dont sell my legendaries willy nilly anymore unless i know its trash that i will never use like blingtron

my last Legendary from a pack was Sylvanas a few weeks ago,

and i have been saving up dust for about a month i think, and just earlier today i crafted Ysera

so total i have 3 legendaries now, the two i mentioned and Justicar

my 4 favorite classes are Hunter, Priest, Warrior, and Warlock

i haven't offically tried to push my way through ranked, so the furthest ive gotten is 15,

and my best arena run was 7 wins with face hunter, but i rarely play arena anymore

recently ive been playing divine spirit priest, and im 3for3 against freeze mage, they dont run polymorph so they cant handle me having a 16/16 Deathlord on the board, Doomsayer doesn't help them cuz i save my Shadow Word Pain for it

one time i almost died though but i Thoughtstole an Ice Block lol

EDIT: and today in the brawl, my Brann stayed out there and i had mirror entity up, then druid played moonkin, then i used Ancient Mage for double bonus with braum, so between that and double moonkin, my arcane blasts were doing almost 20 i think

ViviOggi

Welcome.

It's a bummer about the legendaries but the only one that hurts is Jaraxxus, all the others are garbage or super niche (Sneeds). I wouldn't regret it too much, while 400 dust is a bad payout it let you build actual decks when starting out.

Haunted

theorycrafting:

New Rogue hero power: gain 2 attack this turn - can only attack minions

new to the forums so i just want to introduce this way,

ive been playing for about a year i think, haven't put a single cent toward the game,

ive bought 3 tiers of Naxx using gold so far, nothing from Blackrock or Explorers

when i first started playing i was foolish and 400 dust seemed like alot to me so i would disenchant all my legendaries, this includes

-King Krush
-Sneed's Shredder
-Jaraxxus
-Pagle
-Cairne
-Blingtron 3000
-And the one that was most personal to me, my Golden Cabal Shadow Priest (an epic, but 400 dust)

ive learned alot since then and am making up for my foolishness, i dont sell my legendaries willy nilly anymore unless i know its trash that i will never use like blingtron

my last Legendary from a pack was Sylvanas a few weeks ago,

and i have been saving up dust for about a month i think, and just earlier today i crafted Ysera

so total i have 3 legendaries now, the two i mentioned and Justicar

my 4 favorite classes are Hunter, Priest, Warrior, and Warlock
didn't pay real money

likes warrior

Plays control crafting ysera and justicar

Guy, you're ok in my book. :D

Best value for money you can do is just keep completing quests and saving up enough for the adventures, naxx, black rock and league of explorers are all super fun and contain strong cards you can use in a ton of decks.

Shame to hear about the legendaries, though it's a legit way to broaden your collection with those important rares and epics. Getting rid of that shredder and JARAXXUS, EREDAR LORD OF THE BURNING LEGION hurts. Jaraxxus was the first legendary I ever got in a pack, though I've also dusted a lot of legendaries over time. Pagle, Gruul, van Cleef...

Ladekabel

Divine Favour is disgusting. Played with my Aggro Paladin and draw 9 cards with both of my Divine Favours. Wouldn't have gone far without.
Wanted to do my 7 win quest with Aggro Paladin but now I feel dirty and had to stop.

ViviOggi

Never weapon never Patron, still clear every minion immediately while putting out as much pressure as possible, finally draw Patron and start getting in there only to die to perfect supercombo lethal... nice class good thing they killed Warsong otherwise that game would have ended in a very non-interactive fashion

usp84

Why are so many people keep playing Lorewalker Cho on the 2nd turn in this Brawl?

What do they expect to copy?Just an arcane blast?

FeD.nL

That P4wny vs Thijs match on ladder, holy shit. Nexus champion into Entomb for P4wny. (P4wny is playing some Reno/Inspire Shaman deck)

Top Bottom