• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT5| Corrupted Deeprock Salt

Dragner

I dont remember last time a secret paladin did nothing but curve out and go face without making any choice. Always the same pattern, non golden paladins with legend cardback...nice 1st time legend with such brainless deck. Be proud.

coolasj19

Why are you reading my tag instead of the title of my post?
Murlocadin = AnyFin decks? I'm a bit slow on the uptake here. I remember last expansion Murlocadin was Murloc Knight Paladin.

But it's resulted in this funny interaction where I play Boom and Tirion as Entomb decoys so the Priest doesn't take my Warleaders or Murk Eye.

I got some of that Divine Favor rage too. I recognized that he might have it, and started trying to drop cards are fast as possible, the guy STILL draws 3-4 cards. Concede.

Worked my way back to rank 19 today(went 3-1, 3 of which were Hunters...), then got matched up against what I think was another gold farmer(Paladin), he was going a mech strat and had a couple legendaries including Dr. Boom, I don't know enough about strats to say more about it.

I actually won the game, it felt so good. I felt like I made the best play possible each turn(probably not true) and he really made me work for the win, we both had a couple of lucky top decks. I think that was my favorite game of Hearthstone yet, and it probably had to do with the odds being stacked against me. In other games I either stomped people that were even worse than me or got rolled by people with more skill and way better decks than me, so this was a pleasant surprise as far as ranked goes.

Zoggy

what is the dumbest play you've ever seen played against you?

not in some yt highlight or by AI in an adventure, by a human.

he had an empty board, all i had was sylvanas.

guy unstable portals then plops down deathwing.

this happened to me months ago and i still think about it and laugh.

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris

Literally a second ago some guy fireballed my face in the brawl, said sorry 3 times and left

ViviOggi

Had a Mage in arena coin out Dire Wolf (against me as Warrior no less) into turn 2 Echoin Ooze, probably not the dumbest but most unblievable play I've seen lately.

Pooya

against Reno warrior, played Brann+Iron Jug, Reno, saw, brawl, revenge, ghoul, taunts, justicar, double shield block too and still lost, like it wasn't even close. He had like 100 total health. Praise Uther The Lightbringer. For Justice.

Random noob questions:

1: Say I have an Elven Archer turn 1, but my opponent hasn't played anything it can damage, do I still want to play it? I feel like I'd be playing what's essentially a Wisp when I could keep it for when it comes in handy.

2: How do you know when your deck has a "good curve"? I kinda understand what curve means but I don't understand it in that context.

Edit: other terms I don't understand:"high curve", "low curve", maybe I don't understand curve at all.

Dahbomb

Random noob questions:

1: Say I have an Elven Archer turn 1, but my opponent hasn't played anything it can damage, do I still want to play it? I feel like I'd be playing what's essentially a Wisp when I could keep it for when it comes in handy.

2: How do you know when your deck has a "good curve"? I kinda understand what curve means but I don't understand it in that context.
1) Depends on the deck. If you are playing it in an aggro deck then you play it turn 1. If playing it in a Midrange deck you hold it for a value play. These days you play the card on turn 1 and it wouldn't matter much if you had follow ups.

2) Again it depends on the deck and if it's arena or constructed. The general rule is that you want few 1 drops, a good number of 2 drops, a few less 3 drops, a good number of 4 drops and then taper down from there. You want good number of 2 and 4 drops because those are the big plays in the game because minion power level ramps up at that level although these days having strong 3 drops is necessary as well.

If your deck looks like a parabola then that means it has a good curve. If it looks like a bunch of very short blocks alternating with very tall skyscrapers then your curve is inconsistent.

High curve talks about control decks and it means that most of their cards are expensive so they curve higher. With their big Legendaries they might have a tall bar at around 6-8.

Low curve means aggressive decks as you have a lot of low cost cards. Low curve dominates this game, generally the most expensive card in many decks is 7 because of Dr Balanced.

manacurve-300x178.jpg

This is a good, balanced curve if you flip the 2 and 4 slot because these days games are skewed faster.

Luigezz-manacurve-1.jpg

This is a very low curve meaning it's a hyper aggressive deck.

The brawl is hella fun when you play with someone who knows what they are doing. But when the other guy is dumb I only feel slightly bad conceding. Don't run your important effects minions into the boss to get them killed for little damage, and don't run your 1/1s into the boss for no damage at all when they can be there as savage roar fodder and tank the random bomb tosses.

ViviOggi

blizzard says they are banning bots, maybe that's why you see a LOT less secret paladin on ladder now.
It's actually fucking insane, obviously one person's games are always anecdotal but I've seen a grand total of 3 Secredins today and I played quite a bit, tons of Priest, Renolock and Warrior with a bunch of Hunters and Idiot Shamans sprinkled in.

Makes u think

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.

Last month, I'm playing renolock vs. flood zoo at rank 6.

I have a sylvanas and some other trash on the field. The zoo previously played sea giant. He plays fuckin' Loatheb and hits me in the face with everything despite me being able to, without anything from hand, clear everything, hit loatheb and guarantee steal his sea giant. On top of that I play molten and taunt both up, then heal to full. Not the dumbest I've seen but it's recent enough to stand out. He was in top deck + tap mode so it wasn't like he was sitting on burn in his hand either.

Syl is queen of making opponents do really dumb shit.

QFNS

Unconfirmed Member
Nah. Fel Reaver.

So true. I love when I have Fel Reaver out. Players will flood the board to burn all my cards and get completely destroyed by either a Swipe (Aggro Druid) or Consecrate (Aggro pally). It's hilarious. Everyone tries to play as many cards as possible including using the coin for no effect. So silly.

Mulgrok

Trying out a gimmick buff paladin deck and all I see are OTK paladins. Can't do anything against them and their double equality pyromancer. 7 Paladins in a row had double equality pyromancer in their first 10 cards.

Kawl_USC

Probably favorite part of coop brawl is that it makes adding friends easy. You can assume that people aren't friending you out of salt.

I drafted a really bad arena deck but I got Ragnaros as first pick and it's been pretty interesting. Most of the games have boiled down to the last 10 or so cards and have all been really close with few misplays. Then once Rag comes out they concede.

E: Final score, 4-3. Better than I expected for that deck.

The draft for anyone curious.

Second game back in like a month hiatus... playing some control warrior. He plays juggernaut... 1/20 chance to draw it and of course the first card I draw is the bomb. Then he of course top decks a death's bite to get lethal.

Probably punishment for not playing much over the course of a month.

Freeze mage on 1 hp with ice block in play , used arcane intellect to draw cards.
She had guaranteed lethal that turn, but died to fatigue looool the worst bm.

I had a priest play double cleric in a priest mirror and decided that it was a good idea to draw cards. I killed him pretty quickly lol

Random noob questions:

Edit: other terms I don't understand:"high curve", "low curve", maybe I don't understand curve at all.

With 1. It also depends on your hero. For example mage can ping with hero power so it is less valuable and playing it is better. A hunter or priest who have trouble doing 1 damage should save it.

The other consideration is always "what will i play next turn?" If you have no turn 2 drop in your hand and feel you are going to hero power, at least having a 1/1 on board might slow your opponent down.

Dragner

Im matching against secret paladin all the time secret paladin and druids most of so I changed to zoolock and start the farm. So loopsided zoo vs secret paladin. You have to draw poorly to lose a game(because they always draw perfect). Dr 6 when is the only minion on the board is not that scary. Most of them concede before that.

I was 7-1 vs paladin yesterday so if you are tired of losing vs Paladin Zoolock is the deck to go.

Top Bottom