• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT5| Corrupted Deeprock Salt

Dragner

Coin>innervate>innervate>Dr.7 on turn #2.

Okay....

Haha that happened to me yesterday and at least 2 more times. Almost comeback but was at 10 life after that and eventually combo finished me off.

Fun fact Im a golden druid and only did that once...was inmediately bgh and lost the game.

Haha that happened to me yesterday and at least 2 more times. Almost comeback but was at 10 life after that and eventually combo finished me off.

Fun fact Im a golden druid and only did that once...was inmediately bgh and lost the game.

I did that once too and got frost bolt then flame cannon next turn.... and yes I had other minions on the board but RNG does not love me!!!!

Servbot #42

Unconfirmed Member

The value
PogChamp.png
However you must have ruined that's guys day
BibleThump.png

Xanathus

Control warrior? Because patron should do fine against secret paladin. Control warrior is terrible right now sadly.

It's unanswerable for patron either because your weapons don't do shit against all the deathrattles and redemptions and divine shields. Also the buffs and keeper easily get your tokens above 3 damage. If patron still had warsong then they could clear board.

Dragner

Ah yeah silentstorm list. Yeah. Warriors do terrible against it and is better vs zoolock that preys on secret paladin but is less consistent than the traditional list.

Dahbomb

That Secret Paladin list on Liquidhearth's power rank is ridiculous and basically unanswerable for Warrior.
The list is very good but it's heavily dependent on having some board with all the buffs it has. So IMO that makes it less consistent in some match ups like against a more aggressive Secret Paladin.

Xanathus

The list is very good but it's heavily dependent on having some board with all the buffs it has. So IMO that makes it less consistent in some match ups like against a more aggressive Secret Paladin.

I feel it's way more consistent than Tempostorm's list with Secret Keepers. One of the biggest weaknesses of Secret Paladin is that it relies on board and you can't escape that even with Tempostorm's list, but the buffs gives you reach and you cut a lot of rather useless secrets like Competitive Spirit and Repentence. By having less of these secrets you also are less likely to draw useless cards. Nerubian Eggs help ensure you always have a minion to use the buffs on. Also having 2 owls is so good. Best part is that this list is actually good against Freeze Mage.

Dahbomb

Secret Keepers allow Secret Paladin to start dominating from turn 1. I can't tell you how many times I won from an early Secret Keeper getting out of control Undertaker style. And Secret Keeper is Knife Juggler status of remove immediately where people will use decent removal to get rid of it.

Competitive Spirit is also not useless because its existence means that the other guy is forced to remove a major portion of the board. A Muster with 1 Secret up is a huge threat because of it.

I cut Repentance a while back anyway.

Xanathus

Secret Keepers allow Secret Paladin to start dominating from turn 1. I can't tell you how many times I won from an early Secret Keeper getting out of control Undertaker style. And Secret Keeper is Knife Juggler status of remove immediately where people will use decent removal to get rid of it.

Competitive Spirit is also not useless because its existence means that the other guy is forced to remove a major portion of the board. A Muster with 1 Secret up is a huge threat because of it.

I cut Repentance a while back anyway.

The problem with Secret Keeper is that you really should be mulliganing away your secrets anyway in favor of 2 and 3 drops, and very often the Secret Keeper is just a 1/2 body on turn 2 which makes it really easy to remove. It's actually really rare that I ran away with games with Secret Keeper, or been snowballed by Secret Keeper in the last 3 seasons I've played.

ViviOggi

Get 2 Shaman quests once again

Class is so busted you can't play anything but the retarded hyperface deck

Tempo Mage w/ Water Ele into Flamewaker hyperdream including coin

Standard Druid idiot gets Tree of Life from Idol

Stop giving me these fucking Shaman quests already

Tacitus_

Get 2 Shaman quests once again

Class is so busted you can't play anything but the retarded hyperface deck

Tempo Mage w/ Water Ele into Flamewaker hyperdream including coin

Standard Druid idiot gets Tree of Life from Idol

Stop giving me these fucking Shaman quests already

qZG4wlE.png

ViviOggi

Not salty just annoyed by always getting these Shaman quests after rerolling. There is nothing satisfying about playing that deck win or lose as there is absolutely no decision-making involved beyond managing overload, Secredin or Druid take significantly more thought than this garbage and that's saying a lot.

Raxus

Really? I find there is much more thought that goes into Rush Shaman than Secretadin which is more or less 'play on curve, win'. Either way it has fallen in ladder because even though it is cancerous many have swapped out the cards needed to cripple it.

Hycran

Banned
It looks like thanks to Massan more Hearthstone streamers are starting to use viewbots as well.

Proof? I haven't noticed differing view counts for people I normally watch. Part of the problem though is that streamers claim that twitch doesn't care if you're view botting which it really should.

ek0p's accusations about C9 not paying is more important than someone viewbotting

No one cares about E K Dansgame P

Xanathus

Proof? I haven't noticed differing view counts for people I normally watch. Part of the problem though is that streamers claim that twitch doesn't care if you're view botting which it really should.

No one cares about E K Dansgame P

Mostly pwnnyhof or however you spell it, and some other asian streamers who I've never seen at the top until the past week.

FeD.nL

So he's butthurt that P4wny is also (allegedly) viewbotting an then proceeds to be butthurt that P4wny doesn't give the community (Ekop) something back in the form of a host.

So if P4wny was to host Ekop he would have no problems with the viewbots?

Dragner

So he's butthurt that P4wny is also (allegedly) viewbotting an then proceeds to be butthurt that P4wny doesn't give the community (Ekop) something back in the form of a host.

So if P4wny was to host Ekop he would have no problems with the viewbots?

If im not mistaken when you host, viewbots dont move to the new stream.

ViviOggi

Really? I find there is much more thought that goes into Rush Shaman than Secretadin which is more or less 'play on curve, win'. Either way it has fallen in ladder because even though it is cancerous many have swapped out the cards needed to cripple it.
Hm, similar to Face Hunter matchup/mulligan knowledge is an actual thing in Idiot Shaman while Secredin only needs to find a curve. In terms of actual play there isn't much to it though, you trade a bit vs aggro, make use of the painfully obvious synergies, go face then hope to draw into your burn. I guess that's overall still more than Secredin does, I didn't consider matchup knowledge at first since that's pretty much second nature after such a long time playing HS.

Crazy game today in ranked. I'm greedy as fuck so I decided to level my Warlock to 10 while playing ranked so I can do the quest, level to 10 and rank up all at the same time, what could possibly go wrong?

First game goes well, win pretty easily against a mage.

Second game, I get matched up against a golden Warlock. I have no idea why a golden Warlock is in rank 18, maybe he's trying to rank up, maybe he's just awful, whatever. Instantly I'm like "whatever I guess this'll be a learning experience". Game goes by pretty well, I get some nice drops early on so I put some pressure on him and get him down to like 14 life. He then turns it around with a nice play and gets me down to around 15 life too. Next I stop his Void Terror in its tracks with my Sunwalker, he plays hellfire and clears the board by suiciding his Void Terror.

Clear board, my turn(turn 8), he's on 8 life. I play Loatheb + Shattered Sun Cleric to finish the game, thinking he needs a big taunt to even have a chance. Boy was I wrong. He taps, 6 life 6 mana, I'm thinking it's over.

Top Deck

Reno Jackson

We fucking lost, now I know what "RenoLock" is. All that work and he undid it all with one card.

BUT WAIT, I notice that it didn't heal at all, my opponent concedes, I WIN.

I know you guys have probably played a billion games more interesting than this one, but for me this was a pretty special game.
Even though I probably still would've won if Reno did heal.

Started an arena run last night as a Paladin. Started off 0-2 when a Mage made quick work of me and a warrior coined out a Fierce Monkey turn 2 then a Frothing turn 3. I had no answers and the Beserker quickly grew to an unmanageable number. Pretty much resigned to another miserable Arena run, I then reel off 3 straight victories against a mirror, rogue, and warlock. All pretty easily too.

I'm pretty damn pleased with how this turned out.

FoxSpirit

Damn, since people commented how easy it is to win with Druid as opposed to mage, rolled Druid, kept the faith. Didn't sacrifice anything, had 2x Healing touch, 2xroar, Millhouse and Cho early on. Got a board going, got out a Cho, healing touch and millhouse combo, my partner quickly responded with 2xspelldamage gnomes, torch, fireball and gave me back the healing touch :p. Then I let loose with a 6 guy 2xroar combo.
The rest was easy, torch, fireball, Force of Nature, roaring torch from him. BOOM.

Very satisfying, I must admit.

ViviOggi

Started an arena run last night as a Paladin. Started off 0-2 when a Mage made quick work of me and a warrior coined out a Fierce Monkey turn 2 then a Frothing turn 3. I had no answers and the Beserker quickly grew to an unmanageable number. Pretty much resigned to another miserable Arena run, I then reel off 3 straight victories against a mirror, rogue, and warlock. All pretty easily too.

I'm pretty damn pleased with how this turned out.
When you have a solid draft but lose your first game to a 10+deck/rng you don't feel that big of a difference, but at two losses chances are you'll run into a bad player and/or a bad deck for the next couple of games. First game losses are actually really common even for the top arena players since you'll get matched against any player just starting a new run, including straight 12-0 autopilot drafts.

manhack

Second game, I get matched up against a golden Warlock. I have no idea why a golden Warlock is in rank 18, maybe he's trying to rank up, maybe he's just awful, whatever. Instantly I'm like "whatever I guess this'll be a learning experience".

I have all but one class Golden and haven't made it past rank 10 the past few months because I only log on to do dailies and even then not every day.

A lot of people make a big deal about ranks in this game, but seeing a legend or golden hero at rank 18 can mean various things, some nefarious (gold farmer) and some innocuous (didn't play much).

When you have a solid draft but lose your first game to a 10+deck/rng you don't feel that big of a difference, but at two losses chances are you'll run into a bad player and/or a bad deck for the next couple of games. First game losses are actually really common even for the top arena players since you'll get matched against any player just starting a new run, including straight 12-0 autopilot drafts.

I am just really awful at Arena but I thought my deck was pretty good. I then started out 0-2 and thought, "here we go again."

my deck.

A9A5T0t.png

qdW8K5N.png

I got 2 Garilliabots pretty early so I shoved a bunch of mechs in throughout the draft. I do wish I would have chosen another healbot over Mysterious Challenger though. I do enjoy the Garillabot mechanic. He pretty much won me the 3 games helping to fill out my curve and putting a bunch of minions on board after I coghammered a taunt.

Tarazet

Hm, similar to Face Hunter matchup/mulligan knowledge is an actual thing in Idiot Shaman while Secredin only needs to find a curve. In terms of actual play there isn't much to it though, you trade a bit vs aggro, make use of the painfully obvious synergies, go face then hope to draw into your burn. I guess that's overall still more than Secredin does, I didn't consider matchup knowledge at first since that's pretty much second nature after such a long time playing HS.

With Shaman there's also the overload math. Simple as it is, it's one more calculation and one more decision you have to make.. play an Elemental + Lightning Bolt on turn 4 or just the Elemental and then Doomhammer next turn? That's where the depth comes in..

In other news I ran into my first Patron Warrior ever, as a Druid.. normally that should be a horrible matchup for Druid, but I play the deck a lot myself, so I knew how to manage the insane removal ability and shut down two Patron combos in a row. He conceded after that since he was pretty much out of firepower. But it seems like with how popular Druid is on ladder now, the Warriors are coming out of the woodwork, and I love to see that.

I have all but one class Golden and haven't made it past rank 10 the past few months because I only log on to do dailies and even then not every day.

Yeah that's kinda what I meant by "just trying to rank up", it wasn't my intention to make him look like a scumbag or anything. Either way I was just proud of my win.

I feel it's way more consistent than Tempostorm's list with Secret Keepers.

Just gave this version of Secret Paladin a whirl, it does seem to play better than the one Tempostorm was flogging. That one seemed very hit and miss, and 2 Secretkeeper's seemed like wasted cards. Still prefer my Mid-Range Paladin, though. Just wish I had a Justicar in it...

In other news, played a shit ton of Patron Warriors today. Felt like an (unwelcome) blast from the past.

Win 5 brawl quest today, took forever, so hard to find an ally who didn't play terribly like using arcane bast on turn 1, dropping ancient mage on an empty board, crashing moonkins into zod :(

FoxSpirit

Just gave this version of Secret Paladin a whirl, it does seem to play better than the one Tempostorm was flogging. That one seemed very hit and miss, and 2 Secretkeeper's seemed like wasted cards. Still prefer my Mid-Range Paladin, though. Just wish I had a Justicar in it...

In other news, played a shit ton of Patron Warriors today. Felt like an (unwelcome) blast from the past.
Without Warsong? So much weaker.
Also, this brawl is pretty fun. Just gave it another whirl, this time ended up mage, my partner knew what he was doing, me too, won. But close, could have killed us both if he hadn't drawn the roaring torch.
I feel they could make more of this coop stuff like a regular mode.
Win 5 brawl quest today, took forever, so hard to find an ally who didn't play terribly like using arcane bast on turn 1, dropping ancient mage on an empty board, crashing moonkins into zod :(
Why going for 5 wins?

Pooya

Finally, I needed like 10-15 wins for some time now, just really not into playing paladin that much right now.

I won most of it with aggro paladin when I started on NA server, it's the best cheapest deck you can play that didn't require adventures. It was loooong before paladin was cool, around gvg launch.

Then later I played a lot of control and midrange paladin. No secret paladin wins here, I don't even have the cards on here anyway.

Golden portraits are so worthless, as soon as I get them I stop playing that class, it gets boring. Maybe I try some murloc paladin sometime. A lot of these last win were against murloc paladin actually, really bad for mid range/control paladin. I was just lucky I trolled them with murloc knight and their combo was ruined, lol.

I have mage/warrior on EU. Paladin on NA golden.

Next up rogue and warlock with some druid in between.

Dragner

So today I played against the true definiton of ResidentSleeper.

A priest deck with:

2 Novas
2 Excavated Evil
2 Shadow madness
2 shadow word pain
2 shadow word death
2 deathlord
2 power word glory!!!!!!(?)
2 pyromancer
2 power word shield
1 entomb
2 cabal shadow priest
1 shrinkmaster
1 justicar trueheart
2 Lightbomb
1 thoughsteal
2 clerics
2 museum curators

I was about to add him after my loss for fatigue when I was 2 away from lethal even with all his shit (playing zoo myself) and ask him: are we having fun already?. My god what a pain...idk how he will win a game against control his deck has 0 wincons only tries to survive...

Tarazet

Without Warsong? So much weaker.
Also, this brawl is pretty fun. Just gave it another whirl, this time ended up mage, my partner knew what he was doing, me too, won. But close, could have killed us both if he hadn't drawn the roaring torch.
I feel they could make more of this coop stuff like a regular mode.

It is fun, but I feel like your chance of winning is less than it normally would be since most players are terrible at putting together a long-range plan. Doing it when you're blind to the other player's deck makes it that much more complicated. Had someone drop the gnome when I had no spells in my hand, had to coin an Arcane Golem to recover some semblance of tempo. Came pretty close to pulling it off still, but if you get bad RNG with the boss powering up too many times early there's not much you can do.

hollomat

Banned
Ah, a 5 brawl win quest. No way with that brawl. Especially since I just read that yeah, friend matches don't count.

I got it today on the re-roll. I'm doing it, but it's definitely hard. My win rate is about 33% cause so many people just have no idea how to handle this brawl.

Eddie Bax

Ugh, I also got a five brawl daily. The first time I did the brawl, for the pack, it went well, but I just keep running into partners who keep doing dumb shit like attacking with 1/1 minions and dropping Cho as soon as they draw it.

Top Bottom