• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT5| Corrupted Deeprock Salt

Dahbomb

When does the card back for the Blizzcon virtual ticket unlock?

I think in this insane aggro meta a deathlord might be ok - doesn't hurt too much to pull out a 2 or 3 mana minion while stopping a boatload otherwise.
The current Control Priest list is full retard anti aggro (with double Deathlords of course). The highest cost minion is Justicar to get the double heal/Auchenai damage.

Generally speaking you can tell how a meta is by looking at the best Control Priest list at the time.

And just so people don't jump on me by saying stuff like "I don't see much aggro online just tempo Mage, midrange Druid etc".. I am generally talking about tempo. That is to say a Paladin deck might not be full on aggro but it will still play max tempo each turn at start with Minibot, Muster, Shredder. IMO every deck that is tier 1/2 at the moment aside from Freeze Mage and CW is tempo based. This means Zoolock, Midrange Hunter, Tempo Mage, all Paladin decks, all Druid decks, Grim Patron Warrior (that uses Dread Corsair for added Tempo), Dragon Priest and that newer Tempo Oil Rogue list. I know some people will argue that stuff like Dragon Priest isn't really tempo but let's be real here, that's the best tempo deck that Priest has right now. Priest doesn't have cheat tempo cards like Prep/Innervate/Sorc Apprentcice/Freeze Trap off Mad Scientist so that's the best they can come up with.

Every single class in the game would run Innervates right now if they could.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Can't seem to win Brawl rip. People just don't understand his aggro system.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
The current Control Priest list is full retard anti aggro (with double Deathlords of course).

They are even starting to run Divine Spirit now. They are looking for their taunts to be very efficient in order to clean up the mess of sticky tempo cards that board clears have trouble with. And they can get away with it because tempo is so valued right now that people are cutting their silence tech. And they aren't punished for losing silence because Sludge Belcher isn't as popular anymore.

inky

I didn't have any problems with people not understanding how it worked beyond the first couple of matches. Won enough to do my Paladin quest and it was a breeze for the most part. Worst things that happened were: someone played Zombie Chow turn 1 or healed me instead of himself so we died to the barrels.

I actually remember more people making clutch plays, like this guy correctly assuming I wasn't playing much because I had mostly spells and Cho, so he dropped his hand and played Milhouse at the right time. We won that like in two 30dmg+ turns. I actually enjoyed this brawl a bit.

CoolOff

Ah, the old Mana Wyrm + coin into 2/3 Gadgetzan Jouster opener. Never change, arena.

giphy.gif

Haly

I didn't have any problems with people not understanding how it worked beyond the first couple of matches.

Bless of Wisdom and Seal of Champion on my Burly Rockjaw.

Guess what got Assasinated.

Dahbomb

Dragon Priest IMO is the most fair some what competitive deck at the moment.

*Has no way to generate numerous tokens on board (unless you play Onyxia)
*Has no ramp or cheat tempo card
*Has no big damage from hand
*The only Midrange/Tempo deck in the game that does not run Dr Balanced regularly.
*Doesn't have a cheat Secret interaction
*Has very few Deathrattle and the ones it has don't generate more minions.
*No Divine Shield minions.
*Has few big swing RNG cards (the one it does are late game like Ysera)

It's basically Midrange Druid with a bit over stated minions that require synergy but without Innervate, Wild Growth, Darnassus, Savage Roar and Force of Nature.

Losing an arena match because your opponent wins the master jouster joust is so fucking retarded just remove joust stupid fucking mechanic.

Haly

I used Millhouse and Troggzor. My board is almost entirely full and this Paladin drops his entire hand of spells including Holy Lights on himself while he's at 30 just to pump two Burly Rocktrogs.

Troggzor lasted until next turn as well, IF ONLY HE HAD SOME SPELLS LEFT.

as;djfasldfjhslfjsfhal

I used Millhouse and Troggzor. My board is almost entirely full and this Paladin drops his entire hand of spells including Holy Lights on himself while he's at 30 just to pump two Burly Rocktrogs.

Troggzor lasted until next turn as well, IF ONLY HE HAD SOME SPELLS LEFT.

as;djfasldfjhslfjsfhal

Time to stop PUGing.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
So Kotaku's Jason Schrier did an article on our discussion.

Kotaku

Hearthstone’s meta-game has always moved in cycles, and perhaps Blizzard’s fine with that—plenty of classes have had their opportunities to shine over the past year and a half. But as many on the Hearthstone subreddit and elsewhere have pointed out, the current rise of these Secret Paladins—and, to a lesser extent, Aggro Druids—has made for a far less interesting competitive climate, to the point where tensions are reaching a breaking point.

Basically fuck combo Druid and xmas tree Paly

Dahbomb

The TLDR version is that the reddit community is rioting for Blizzard to change cards more frequently. Most of them can't fathom trying to play against MC for another 6 months.

Haly

I wonder what the numbers are like, actually. Reddit is notorious for overestimating their own size even if they have a loud voice.

Is this meta really hampering growth? I'd love to see this get asked at Blizzcon.

But we're probably just going to get stupid questions such as "When are you going to nerf Dr. 6 and Dr.7?" and "What are the next Hero portraits?"

Owzers

Yeah....i don't like playing Hearthstone for the most part. I ejoyed the co-op brawl and then went to do a daily quest on the ladder, my hunter is getting wrecked and even Jeb can't fix it. I played three games, vs. armor warrior, secret paladin with a good opening of two shield bots, and then a handlock.

inky

People survived fucking Undertaker for longer I think. We'll be fine.

Fuck Mysterious Challenger tho. Fuck it right off, and fuck secrets btw. I hate them so much.

Dahbomb

The meta hasn't even been established for a month. Warsong nerf was on the 3rd week of October and we are still in first week of November.

I think the talks on the meta should be put on hold until after Blizzcon so we know what the future holds. I think we can go two days without talking about MC right?

.....Nah....

jgminto

It's frustrating when I lose to the aggro variation of Secret Pally as Priest because I know I can completely shut them out usually but when they get the perfect opening there's so little I can do and then they get 6+ cards off Divine Favor. That's my main problem with it honestly, when they vomit out cards and don't have a follow up it's basically a guaranteed win.

ZealousD

Dragon Pally should be a thing.

And Joust sucks.

So I solved both problems.

zL4T3sd.png

Dahbomb

Dragon Pally needs a Dr 1 and Dr 2 for Dragon Pally to be a thing.

And when I mean Dr I mean Dragon not Doctor.

That's pretty much why Dragon Priest works. They have Welp and Wyrmrest agent.

ZealousD

That's pretty much why Dragon Priest works. They have Welp and Wyrmrest agent.

I had an idea for a Dr 2 but haven't found good enough art for it. Basically a 2/3 dragon that battlecry spits out 2 damage randomly (like flamewaker) if you're holding a dragon.

Dragon Caller basically is something like a Dr 1 but it goes for card advantage rather than tempo, because I didn't want to make a carbon copy of Twilight Whelp.

Haunted

I had an idea for a Dr 2 but haven't found good enough art for it. Basically a 2/3 dragon that battlecry spits out 2 damage randomly (like flamewaker) if you're holding a dragon.

Dragon Caller basically is something like a Dr 1 but it goes for card advantage rather than tempo, because I didn't want to make a carbon copy of Twilight Whelp.

y'all are just doing this to piss me off now arent you

Haly

Soon this game will be nothing but Doctors.

This is a legit awesome brawl. So happy they found a way to do 'bosses' like this in a coop fashion.

I feel awful - I had no idea it was co-op and I was like "yah dude get that idiot (my opponent) while I heal up". I bet my partner was going "why the hell isnt he attacking the boss????"

In my defense it was 5:00 am.

Dragon Priest IMO is the most fair some what competitive deck at the moment.

*Has no way to generate numerous tokens on board (unless you play Onyxia)
*Has no ramp or cheat tempo card
*Has no big damage from hand
*The only Midrange/Tempo deck in the game that does not run Dr Balanced regularly.
*Doesn't have a cheat Secret interaction
*Has very few Deathrattle and the ones it has don't generate more minions.
*No Divine Shield minions.
*Has few big swing RNG cards (the one it does are late game like Ysera)

It's basically Midrange Druid with a bit over stated minions that require synergy but without Innervate, Wild Growth, Darnassus, Savage Roar and Force of Nature.

So basically Druid but gimped. That's what it feels like to me, too.

The meta hasn't even been established for a month. Warsong nerf was on the 3rd week of October and we are still in first week of November.

I think the talks on the meta should be put on hold until after Blizzcon so we know what the future holds. I think we can go two days without talking about MC right?

.....Nah....

It's not like Secret Pally wasn't a ridiculous/braindead top tier deck before the Warsong nerf.

in terms of neutrals I do think there should be a some more neutral dragon synergy cards. Def 1 and 2 would be great. Chillmaw isnt great and there isnt anything at the 8 drop. There are some 6 drop dragons but nothing to write home about. I do use volcanic drake in my decks I guess

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
12214141_924349200972979_961398760_o.jpg

so yeah now i know why people want a cap on armor lol things was getting out of hand.

I just had a pally rush me to 3hp, I swung my death's bite to clear his board and healed up with alex and from then on tank up brought me back to, and then far above 30hp before he conceded. Always feels good to pull off.

sibarraz

Banned
I wasnt playing arund that time but why undertaker hunter was so bad?

It seems to be a card that could be easily killed with some silence, or im missing something'

It seems to be a card that could be easily killed with some silence, or im missing something'

If you didn't draw an answer in the first few turns the game was over.

Being punished for not having an immediate answer to a turn one play was very dumb, especially when the deathrattle minions played to buff it were pretty good too.

Dahbomb

Sometimes they had two at the start. Most silence didn't come until later but that time Undertaker had gotten in a lot of face damage because it kept ramping up in damage.

Fact of the matter was that most games were decided at the start in that meta.

*Opponent playes Undertaker.

*You have the answer or you don't. If you have answer then the game starts, if you don't have the answer you lose the game.

Basically the entire deck was filled with strong Deathrattle minions to pump up Undertaker. Leper Gnomes (sometimes you would play into Undertaker into double Leper Gnomes next turn or coin double Undertaker double Leper Gnome), Mad Scientists, Haunted Creepers, Shredders, Belchers etc. Sometimes even if you dealt with the Undertaker, you could get killed by the other deathrattle crap.

Most early game removal in the game is still damage based. Stuff like Frostbolt/War Axe/Wrath/Darbomb etc. It was pretty easy to get the Undertaker past the 3 HP threshold to escape removals. That's why the HP increase was removed because it got really hard to take it out once it got buffed.

In that regard it was one of the best nerfs Blizzard had ever done. I remember when the Undertaker nerf was announced the Reddit thread that announced it had 100% up vote on it. Undertaker can still be played in a Deathrattle thread as an aggressive one drop and you can still lose the game if you don't have an answer for it because it pile on the face damage but it's not as stupid as it once was.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
The games that started undertaker coin undertaker into turn 2 double leper gnome will forever haunt me.

As will the times I had to fireball a 5/6 undertaker that already lost me the game. It was basically mulligan for removal(war axe, frostbolt, etc.) to use on their 1 drop or you lose the game. It was especially hilarious compared to zombie chow being introduced in the same expansion, where a single deathrattle card put it on par without the downside, to say nothing of the growth potential beyond that.

Dahbomb

Oh it also used Web Spinner, Highmane and Loot Hoarders IIRC. So even if you removed Undertakers, you would still have to deal with some of the later strong Deathrattle minions.

Yeah I don't have fond memories of that meta at all.

I didn't play during that time but I would assume it use Leaper/Loothoarder/Mad scientist/HauntedCreeper/Harvest Golem/Shredder/Belch right?

Seems like you can play on curve and ramp the living shit out of that undertaker.

Top Bottom