• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT5| Corrupted Deeprock Salt

Dahbomb

I didn't play during that time but I would assume it use Leaper/Loothoarder/Mad scientist/HauntedCreeper/Harvest Golem/Shredder/Belch right?

Seems like you can play on curve and ramp the living shit out of that undertaker.
It even curved until Highmane and Dr Balanced (when it came out in GvG)!

My Control Warrior just cleared my Dragon Warrior's Chillmaw and board with Shield Slam, then I played Ysera. It draws Ysera Awakens. He then plays a Ysera of his own.

I have Sylvanas in my hand.

*I think for 3 seconds*

"... That'll totally work!"

*I play Sylvanas, followed by Ysera Awakens*

*Opponent concedes*

I know it's likely a "classic play," but it was nice to figure it out on my own. ^_^

I went to the official forums but I think I took a wrong turn somewhere since this is where I ended up.

hqdefault.jpg

zoukka

Tried to play priests quests just now and after a few dr6/7/8 games I faced mech mage where everything went as planned like it should in a favoured matchup. Doomsayer out of Shredder wiped my board and two turns later after 2 fireballs, frostbolt and pyroblast I decided to finally uninstall.

I did it already for HotS so now I am free of Blizzards f2p. Feels weird.

See you guys when the next adventure hits!

Last minute pre Blizzcon guessing - New adventure will be Ulduar

Yeah I said it before but I am doubling down now. Might as well explain why

- Probably the most beloved raid of all, only tied by Karazhan and Icecrown Citadel
- 14 bosses, same as Naxx
- Gearmaster Mechazod boss making mention of "Curse of Flesh" and you can see the legs of XT behind him in the Tavern Brawl art, an Ulduar boss
- This reddit post
- Ulduar is fucking awesome

there's basically no chance it's an expansion.

Why do you say that? Around gvg/brm they had said they aren't certain if they'll always stick with the same formula of expansion->adventure and repeat.

edit:
Also, calling it now. We're getting deck slots. And improved spectator. And maybe a couple other minor UI updates.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
I will be pretty bummed out if it's just an Ulduar adventure. I haven't really been a fan of how the Warcraft universe of Hearthstone is kind of just being compressed into raid dungeons. Naxxramas, Blackrock Mountain, and then what was essentially Crusaders' Coliseum. It just feels like the least creative way to push forward for the game.

It's honestly not even spread across WoW's timeline that well. Baby mode Naxx, Ulduar, TGT...all this stuff was right on top of each other in the game.

Hige

Just needed one more win on Druid to clear the quest before the next quest comes in, so I figured I'll play for 20-30 minutes and knock it out. Five losses in a row (2 ladder rank 20, 3 casual). This game is brutal for new players. The ladder matches had Dr. Boom and other legendaries. I was hoping the better players ranked up already, but I guess 5 days in is still too early in the season? And I guess there might be portrait farmers lying in wait. The casual matches were more balanced, but my draws weren't great and I just got plain outplayed, including twice in a row by the same face hunter. Yay.

Brawl is the only excitement I've had this week. I'm glad that you can't use custom decks like some of you wish, because I doubt I'd be able to contribute if that were the case.

I will be pretty bummed out if it's just an Ulduar adventure. I haven't really been a fan of how the Warcraft universe of Hearthstone is kind of just being compressed into raid dungeons. Naxxramas, Blackrock Mountain, and then what was essentially Crusaders' Coliseum. It just feels like the least creative way to push forward for the game.

It's honestly not even spread across WoW's timeline that well. Baby mode Naxx, Ulduar, TGT...all this stuff was right on top of each other in the game.

Yeah I would agree, but it isn't very surprising. Wrath seems to be the most popular, beloved etc expansion. I am still somewhat shocked an entire expansion was made off the Argent Tourney, always thought people hated that patch, people sure as hell don't like Trial of the Crusader.

But Wrath is probably my favorite as well. Mists and Burning Crusade seem to be getting the least love right now, discounting WoD

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Yeah I would agree, but it isn't very surprising. Wrath seems to be the most popular, beloved etc expansion.

But Wrath is probably my favorite as well. Mists and Burning Crusade seem to be getting the least love right now, discounting WoD
I mean...I hated Burning Crusade when it came out and still hate it to this day but that's not the general impression I get from the rest of the community. Cataclysm is what gets treated as a sour spot on WoW's history. I feel like most players that have experience with Mists agree that it was a very good expansion, and that sentiment has definitely increased as its been stacked up against WoD.

Just needed one more win on Druid to clear the quest before the next quest comes in, so I figured I'll play for 20-30 minutes and knock it out. Five losses in a row (2 ladder rank 20, 3 casual). This game is brutal for new players. The ladder matches had Dr. Boom and other legendaries. I was hoping the better players ranked up already, but I guess 5 days in is still too early in the season? And I guess there might be portrait farmers lying in wait. The casual matches were more balanced, but my draws weren't great and I just got plain outplayed, including twice in a row by the same face hunter. Yay.

Brawl is the only excitement I've had this week. I'm glad that you can't use custom decks like some of you wish, because I doubt I'd be able to contribute if that were the case.

Having legendary cards in your deck doesn't make you a better player. You'll see people w/ legendary cards stuck at low ranks even late into the season.

FeD.nL

Last minute pre Blizzcon guessing - New adventure will be Ulduar

Yeah I said it before but I am doubling down now. Might as well explain why

- Probably the most beloved raid of all, only tied by Karazhan and Icecrown Citadel
- 14 bosses, same as Naxx
- Gearmaster Mechazod boss making mention of "Curse of Flesh" and you can see the legs of XT behind him in the Tavern Brawl art, an Ulduar boss
- This reddit post
- Ulduar is fucking awesome

Hopefully they knock Yogg-Saron's design out of the park. And please no value minions below 4 this time..

It's going to be interesting though how the neutral/class card divide is going to be this time.

Hige

Better was probably the wrong word. But by the time I threw an Ironbark Protector and some other minion at his Dr. Boom, he had 20 armor and played Grommash the next turn. I didn't have any answers for that lol.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
That feeling when you get on before work on Friday to check your daily and decide to reroll only to get win 5 Tavern Brawls. In this fucking co-op game? FML

ZeroX03

Banned
Manage to climb up to Legend, thought I'd give Arena a try. That's all my gold gone on a whole bunch of 0-3 runs. I do not mesh with that format.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
Manage to climb up to Legend, thought I'd give Arena a try. That's all my gold gone on a whole bunch of 0-3 runs. I do not mesh with that format.

No offense to you as I've heard this from more than one person, but it boggles my mind how people good enough to legend go 0-3 in Arena so often.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Are there enough bosses in Ulduar to make a full expansion?

Maybe they make an "old gods" expansion and include Ahn'Qiraj

ZeroX03

Banned
No offense to you as I've heard this from more than one person, but it boggles my mind how people good enough to legend go 0-3 in Arena so often.

Probably playing face hunter

True, I was playing Face Hunter :p

But I'm also very consistent at drafting in Magic. While doing terribly at sealed. Whatever it is about sealed and arena rattles me. Probably less control over the strategy of your deck and not being able to compromise/make the best out of limited options.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
I've been saying Ulduar, but I think the person who pointed out the desert gear is right and it might be Uldum and perhaps other ruins.

Pooya

The adventure format of 5 wings with some bosses that all die to face hunter is really boring. You buy the adventure for the cards and never look back. Maybe try something more exciting this time. Coop adventure would be cool, make it like a proper raid.

Xanathus

It's ridiculous how effective Face Hunter is at the low ranks with all these people playing greedy decks. At this rate I'm tempted to stay low rank for the early part of this season and farm Golden Hunter. I imagine a lot of them are also players farming golden portraits as well so in a way this is also beating them with cancer as well haha.

The adventure format of 5 wings with some bosses that all die to face hunter is really boring. You buy the adventure for the cards and never look back. Maybe try something more exciting this time. Coop adventure would be cool, make it like a proper raid.
Co-op adventures would be so amazing but will not happen because they want players to be able to do them by themselves, unless they let you play it with random players but matchmaking for that will be terrible since you need to find another player to play THAT particular boss at THAT particular time. Imagine trying to do that a month down the road after release where there's no one to match make with.

Parshias7

I will say that Naxx was super fun and exciting because I played through it when I was new to the game and didn't have many cards.

Then BRM was piss-easy because I had most of the cards at that point.

Don't play face hunter? lol

They're all fairly easy anyway. No need to cheese it.

I more or less liked both adventures, although I would rather them do bigger expansions. Or maybe just add more than just 30 some cards in the adventure mode. Add like 50-60 and I'd like that.

ParityBit

Full of garbage cards! But yeah I'm not that mad about the gold, I'm happy with my constructed deck. I'm just disappointed in myself.

Is it dumb I feel too stressed when I play the Arena? I am 2-0 right now, using my free game. I played and bailed once I won! Then did it again.

I have like 2000 gold from daily's that I was saving for the Arena , but it may last a LONG time based on my play/cost amount.

I will say that Naxx was super fun and exciting because I played through it when I was new to the game and didn't have many cards.

Then BRM was piss-easy because I had most of the cards at that point.

We got a lot of cards in GVG that weren't available when Naxx released that help you cheese the bosses. Antique Healbot makes it so just about any class can survive the early onslaught until they run out of gas. Priest has always been pretty good at taking down bosses because they can just heal through anything and they usually lack silence, then they got Lightbomb for a ridiculous board clear and Light of the Naaru for longevity and a potential threat. Now they have Flash Heal and Justicar so they can hold out for even longer. I bet Armor Warrior will be able to hold out against just about any bosses now as well. I'd be interested in seeing what a lot of these bosses do with Dr. 6, as well. And Shaman just got Flash Heal. You could probably cheese just about any boss by holding out with removals and board clears and pulling off the Malygos + Ancestor's Call combo.

So couple hours until the hearthstone world championship starts. Who do you think will win?

t1446839100z4.png

Kibler's prediction http://bmkgaming.com/hearthstone-world-championship-blizzcon-top-8-predictions/

Mine:
thijs advances
ostkaka advances
ostkaka beats thijs in semi-final A

kno advances
hotform advances
hotform beats kno in semi-final B

hotform beats ostkaka for the blizcon world champ in finals

edit:
Wrote thijs instead of ostkaka in the finals by mistake.

Pooya

otskaka/thijs would have made a great finale, too bad. I don't think Hotform would win, that tempo mage deck of his has been struggling quite a bit.

Xanathus

Woo thanks for the reminder Mobius, didn't realize final tourney was this weekend. Can the players change their decks/lineups for this new set of rounds? I think the tourney will be pretty boring if they're still using the same decks. Ugh wait 3 hours more? I need to sleep DansGame

now that I'm laddering with secret paladin I'm getting all these friend requests after matches

I guess people are attracted to mysterious personalities, this must be what it feels like to be popular

I mean...I hated Burning Crusade when it came out and still hate it to this day but that's not the general impression I get from the rest of the community. Cataclysm is what gets treated as a sour spot on WoW's history. I feel like most players that have experience with Mists agree that it was a very good expansion, and that sentiment has definitely increased as its been stacked up against WoD.

I think people are harsher on BC nowadays. BC was a long, long time ago, though.

Mists and WoD had an odd thing where Mists was announced and people were all ready to hate on it, by the end it was looked on fondly (aside from Siege of Org lasting over a year) and when WoD was announced people expected the big comeback and the game to be back to the Wrath days and by the end I think it might even be more reviled then Cataclysm.

For me it's probably Wrath > Mists > BC > WoD > Cataclysm. Didn't play enough of Vanila to rank it. WoD beats out Cataclysm because at least Hellfire Citadel is way better then Dragon Soul and I would rather be stuck with that for a year

Top Bottom