• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT5| Corrupted Deeprock Salt

Was running a deck with Earth Elementals and the card itself actually isn't too bad right now. You see BGH quite a bit less compared to a few months ago and it absolutely shuts some decks down. I think BGH use will go down more in Standard even without a nerf to the card. Just have to hope The Black Knight doesn't make a triumphant return but honestly I think he will.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
With Belcher gone as the premiere taunt minion Black Knight will be back. I think Cairne will come back as well.

I'm not sure I understand this logic? Back when Belcher was immediately introduced everybody played Black Knight. Specifically because people were targeting Belcher.

Dahbomb

Was running a deck with Earth Elementals and the card itself actually isn't too bad right now. You see BGH quite a bit less compared to a few months ago and it absolutely shuts some decks down. I think BGH use will go down more in Standard even without a nerf to the card. Just have to hope The Black Knight doesn't make a triumphant return but honestly I think he will.
LMAO I legit forgot about Black Knight!

Raxus

Exact reason people stopped playing him shortly after Sludge Belcher was on the scene. everyone figured out just silencing worked better. TBK really only works with control against control and there are better 6 drops out there. He is also a shit 6 mana 4/5 drop and has needed a buff for ages.

Fireblend

Banned
Been having fun with the Deathrattle Rogue deck I made earlier. So far the most I've been able to pull off has been 2 Thaddius at the same time, but it was fun! And it has a pretty favorable win-lose ratio too (on casual obviously). I've been shutting down zoolocks and even secret paladins on occasion and it feels pretty good to play even though I always struggle the first couple turns. I'm also starting to like refreshment vendor a lot because I refuse to craft antique healbots >_>

So I just recently got into Hearthstone. I started playing it like a year ago but stopped on the tutorial ( cuz i got shitted on by the fucking panda)

So I started playing it again and i beat cho and currently leveled up my hunter, paladin and a rogue.

So i'm like deciding to start buying the card packs right now. I should probably start with the classic pack since i've heard that there will be a major change or something coming up (the standard and wild stuff) .

I know people here would want me to just play more and play other people instead. But is it worth buying the classic ones? Just to get lucky? lol

So I just recently got into Hearthstone. I started playing it like a year ago but stopped on the tutorial ( cuz i got shitted on by the fucking panda)

So I started playing it again and i beat cho and currently leveled up my hunter, paladin and a rogue.

So i'm like deciding to start buying the card packs right now. I should probably start with the classic pack since i've heard that there will be a major change or something coming up (the standard and wild stuff) .

I know people here would want me to just play more and play other people instead. But is it worth buying the classic ones? Just to get lucky? lol

Yeah if you're going to buy packs, buy the classic ones since they'll be sticking around eternally.

Yeah, buy classic packs. It's going to pretty much be the foundation of the game going forward. If you want to buy an adventure then League of Explorers is probably the best now.

Mulgrok

My new paladin cancer deck that doesn't have nax or gvg cards

EDIT: Just had a control warrior rage quit when I buffed a recruit up to 13 attack to kill his ysera AND divine favored to refill my hand in the same turn.

yep, this deck works very well. My only loss so far was 1 point off lethal when I ran out of cards against a reno lock. we were both in fatigue

EDIT2: welp, just went on a 6 game losing streak so maybe not so good, hehe

Dre

Ugh. This is the WORST brawl to get the brawl quest with.

Got mine yesterday. Took me 2h to finish it.
That one game where my board permanently got Deathwing'd took an eternity to finally finish. His Nozdormu at the end actually cost him the game.

Dahbomb

hmm dragon warrior might be a great deck when standard mode hits.
Still probably worse than Control Warrior.

Minus a huge nerf on the classic cards, I expect these decks to still be strong/playable:

Face Shaman
Midrange Beast Hunter
Face Hunter
Handlock/Renolock
Control Warrior
Anyfin Paladin
Secret Paladin (though modified)
Midrange Paladin
Dragon Priest
Freeze Mage
Some aggressive form of Warlock
Combolock
Control Priest

I excluded Druid because a combo nerf is pretty much a given at this point. Otherwise that would be at the top. Some form of Rogue deck will probably be good too (I am not too big on Miracle Rogue but standard Tempo Rogue should still be good).

ZealousD

Soulfire is actually pretty good in this brawl. You can use it to thin your deck of all the crap.

Edit: I don't think Secret Paladin is going to be a factor in Standard. Losing Avenge is pretty important because that was about half the reason MC was overpowered. Not to mention that the deck loses almost all of its core early game. Minibot is gone. Creeper is gone. Muster is gone. Coghammer is gone. Shredder is gone. Loatheb is gone. Belcher is gone. Zombie Chow is gone. Paladin has lost a HUGE chunk of its early game and so it'll be forced to migrate into a kind of control shell like what we saw before GvG or the Anyfin deck. The only way Secret Paladin recovers is if Paladin gets another secret on Avenge's level AND they get some more insane 2/3 drops to compensate for Minibot, Muster, and Coghammer getting kicked out.

Zoggy

man a golden warlock looks so goddamn cool.

brb building a zoo deck.

ranks in terms of golden heroes

guldan
garrosh
rexxar
medivh
jaina

valeera
magni

anduin
uther

malfurion

ViviOggi

It will probably just be combined with regular Midrange Paladin where MC is just a 6 drop in the deck that pulls like 2-3 secrets maximum. That is still insane value.
Running secrets can be an actual issue when your deck isn't filled with curve gods though, and Divine Favor wouldn't help with that either in a higher-curve list. We'll see how it works out, Secredin players definitely won't give up the deck easily.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
I think Shaman need a card that is "Costs (X) fewer mana where (X) is your number of overloaded crystals." Something that can make Overloaded crystals not always awful.

So basically a card the ignores Overload? That could be pretty good.

danowat

Banned
This game man, this game.......

Ok, so I am a new player, read loads of guides, build a deck that I understand, win a few matches against real people, start to feel comfortable with the deck and how it works, and then........get utterly smashed for the next 20 games.

Back to reading guides I guess :-/

ViviOggi

Ok, so I am a new player, read loads of guides, build a deck that I understand, win a few matches against real people, start to feel comfortable with the deck and how it works, and then........get utterly smashed for the next 20 games.

Arena mate

Being a good hearthstone player takes a lot of work. Here are some tips:

1. Go to https://tempostorm.com/hearthstone/meta-snapshot/better-late-than-never. Pick one and only one of the top decks.
2. Get the cards to build that deck. This step might take a while but dust every single other card you have. You will not need them again.
3. Now you need to watch a lot of streams. Note that you are not trying to learn how to play here, nor would that be possible. What you are looking for is when a top streamer tells you to change the deck ever so slightly by substituting in or out exactly one card. Once you get the ok, follow their lead.
4. Play this deck repeatedly.
5. If you have problems playing against a particular deck, do not be tempted to make changes to your own deck. This is an awful idea and not how hearthstone is played. Instead go on message boards and complain about that deck.
6. After one month, go back to 1.

That should help you get started, and finished with Hearthstone constructed play.

danowat

Banned
Arena mate
Yeah, I tried that, but there is a couple of issues for me.

1) I rarely get a 3 run

2) it takes me some time to scrap together the 150G to enter.

Being a good hearthstone player takes a lot of work. Here are some tips:

1. Go to https://tempostorm.com/hearthstone/meta-snapshot/better-late-than-never. Pick one and only one of the top decks.
2. Get the cards to build that deck. This step might take a while but dust every single other card you have. You will not need them again.
3. Now you need to watch a lot of streams. What you are looking for is when a top streamer tells you to change the deck ever so slightly by substituting in or out exactly one card. Once you get the ok, follow their lead.
4. Play this deck repeatedly.
5. If you have problems playing against a particular deck, do not be tempted to make changes to your own deck. This is an awful idea and now how hearthstone is played. Instead go on message boards and complain about that deck.
6. After one month, go back to 1.

That should help you get started, and finished with Hearthstone constructed play.

Thanks for that, I'll see how it goes!

Dre

One of the most important advice for new players is still the turn 1 -> squelch move.
Most people playing Hearthstone are scumbags, you'll be better off without the emotes.

fertygo

Eh never playing that much with douchbag with emote myself.. of course the real douchebaggery that I found is their deck and farming.

Pooya

I just threw Elise in eboaladin. Turns out it's quite good and fun lol. Elise on 4, divine favor against priest for like 7 cards then the game got stupid. I still need to fine tune the deck but potentially you can either face roll people or out value them! ayy,

isny

napkin dispenser
Got an Elsie in my second brawl game, needless to say I won, lol

Elsie, Map, Golden Monkey...Turn 2, 3, 4

ZealousD

It will probably just be combined with regular Midrange Paladin where MC is just a 6 drop in the deck that pulls like 2-3 secrets maximum. That is still insane value.

We can't even assume Midrange Paladin will exist in Standard. Minibot and Muster is what enabled that deck to exist.

ViviOggi

One of the most important advice for new players is still the turn 1 -> squelch move.
Most people playing Hearthstone are scumbags, you'll be better off without the emotes.
Yup clutch play. I also like the preemptive 360 noscope squelch technique streamers like Sjow and Savjz use just before something might go bad, despite their opponent not having emoted before.

Top Bottom