• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT5| Corrupted Deeprock Salt

So this happened last night.

PAr2KZM.jpg

Time to build a dragon deck.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Not necessarily. One of the big ways Secret Paladin loses games is if Noble Sac + Avenge lands on the MC, then MC gets BGH'd.

Losing Avenge is killer for more reasons than just MC value. It means the deck lost its most playable secret outside of MC.

The most common criticism people were making of MC before they got to play with it was that "Paladin secrets suck, you don't want to put them in your deck, because it'll make your deck worse". This criticism was off the mark because Avenge and Noble Sacrifice don't suck and were perfectly playable and fair cards all on their own. Even Redemption isn't all bad. But with Avenge gone you might have to put in some crappy secret like Sacred Trial or Eye for and Eye instead.

Pooya

Without avenge secret paly is worthless. Noble sac is only good because you have avenge. Rest of the secrets are just usually bad, but even worse without avenge. Redemption loses a lot of value without avenge, why? because you don't have to play around avenge and redemption. Avenge is the secret that chains all the secrets together.

Secret paladin only loses when they don't have board control, not because avenge drops on MC. Even if it drops on MC, there is a whole lot you have to deal with, the absurd board. The board you can't build anymore in standard.

-------------------

I'm going to say it, if they print another card like mad scientist, I'm just going to quit the game. Really.

Owzers

Without avenge secret paly is worthless. Noble sac is only good because you have avenge. Rest of the secrets are just usually bad, but even worse without avenge. Redemption loses a lot of value without avenge, why? because you don't have to play around avenge and redemption. Avenge is the secret that chains all the secrets together.

Secret paladin only loses when they don't have board control, not because avenge drops on MC. Even if it drops on MC, there is a whole lot you have to deal with, the absurd board. The board you can't build anymore in standard.

-------------------

I'm going to say it, if they print another card like mad scientist, I'm just going to quit the game. Really.

Angry Scientist. 1/3, cost 3, whenever it takes damage it puts a secret into play.

Pooya

I'm okay with a card that draws secret(s) depending on its cost.

I'm okay with a card that can play secret(s) from your hand like Kirin Tor Mage.

A card that does both is way over the line. I hope they've realized that finally designing this set.

Apathy

-------------------

Shit like repentance is annoying lategame and really underappreciated by people but when you can turn a big body into something your 1/1 can kill it hurts.

That goes for any secret that goes off when a card is played like snipe and duplicate. It's frustrating playing against these things because the person playing them gets no downside while the person playing against them is forced to make moves they wouldn't necessarily make just to try to get around them, sordidly with no viable counter to them.

Sande

Man I hate it when a draft is otherwise amazing but they just won't offer a single fucking 2-drop. I actually have to mulligan for tempo Abusive sergeants to make it to my crazy mid game.

Was there ever a better emote than "Happy Feast of Winterveil!"?

I was playing last night and just couldn't find the appropriate emote to express my hatred, sorrow, and enjoyment of Rag hitting a stupid Mage's face for exact lethal while they had 3 minions still on the board. Happy Feast would have been perfect there.

ZealousD

Was there ever a better emote than "Happy Feast of Winterveil!"?

I was playing last night and just couldn't find the appropriate emote to express my hatred, sorrow, and enjoyment of Rag hitting a stupid Mage's face for exact lethal while they had 3 minions still on the board. Happy Feast would have been perfect there.

They should make the Winter Veil cardback change your Hello emote to Happy Feist of Winter Veil, so you can use it year round.

Nothing better than playing against freeze Mage with bgh and Reno in hand.

Drops alexstraza, "sorry"

There's something about playing a freeze mage deck that brings out the worst in people. They're never content just playing a deck that's a gigantic pain in the ass, they have to act like dicks about it too.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Once again, if you're one of those people who choose to say "Well played" when you're the one winning and the opponent hasn't said jack shit during the entire game, you deserve to get choked by a green dick

Once again, if you're one of those people who choose to say "Well played" when you're the one winning and the opponent hasn't said jack shit during the entire game, you deserve to get choked by a green dick

Even better is the constant stream of "well played" or "sorry" when they drop Alexstraza.

Apathy

I say hello once at the start if they say hello, after that I never say shit. I also hate it when someone clearly top deck rng wins and they start spamming well played. Fuck those people, nothing well played about that.

So I almost lost today due to miscounting. I though this warlock had me. Frostwolf Warchief at 8/8, a bunch of minions on his side, and I was like "not even a flamestrike will win me this. I pull a flamestrike out off the top and am cursing at it why couldn't it have shown up one turn earlier, i used it and was so so mad at the card cause I thought he was just going to win with the Warchief.

Turns out I thought I had 8 health, when I actually had 9. He hits me and then I realized I was still alive. I was already so close to leaving the game when I thought I had 8 health. The next car comes out is Ice Lance, So i freeze the Warchief, next card a forgotten torch, so used it on the warchief + hero power, and the warlock at this point had 1 card in hand and none in the deck so he was starting to take fatigue but he was like at 15 health and I was at 1, So anything could kill me

I end up pulling two roaring torches plus with my hero power and fatigue I end up winning. Moral of the story is, learn to count, or stay till the end whichever one you find more uplifting.

PS. Sorry little flamestrike, I was mad and didn't realize you saved me.

Really? I always go "well played" right before I win or lose, don't mean anything negative with it, though I guess it can be construed as being sarcastic. I use it as a "GG" since the game doesn't have one.

Apathy

Really? I always go "well played" right before I win, don't mean anything negative with it, though I guess it can be construed as being sarcastic. I use it as a "GG" since the game doesn't have one.

Eloise told Hafu that even saying Hello on the chinese server is seen as bad manners. They take all emotes as bad manners over there

Dahbomb

People getting exceedingly angry over canned text response is exact why people do it to begin with.

Eloise told Hafu that even saying Hello on the chinese server is seen as bad manners. They take all emotes as bad manners over there
That's how it is everywhere.

if im playing druid I'll spam well played and sorry emotes after hitting them w/ force roar combo or just roar on a good board for the win. Otherwise I just auto squelch and don't emote

I dunno, coming from Dota I couldn't care less about what emotes people spam at me, at a certain point not even death threats really register with me, much less a guy trying to be annoying with "sorry" spam.

Apathy

People getting exceedingly angry over canned text response is exact why people do it to begin with.

That's how it is everywhere.

No, she meant even at the start of a match saying hello, not just about saying hello in the middle when you taunt them. I don't think most people find it BM in NA to say hello at the start (yes in the middle perhaps) .

Dahbomb

No, she meant even at the start of a match saying hello, not just about saying hello in the middle when you taunt them. I don't think most people find it BM in NA to say hello at the start (yes in the middle perhaps) .
If a Paladin says Well Met at start... them be fighting words.

ViviOggi

I squelch because of the absurdly smug shitlord VA, don't care much about the actual message even if it was clearly bm

"Well played" is "gg", those rules people like to conjure, who is allowed to say it first and whatnot, have always been silly af

ZealousD

I say Well Played at the end of every match regardless. It's like saying GG. Why you so mad?

Apathy

All I know is that when secret paladin dies I'm going to be going and saying "well played " constantly for the first month to paladins.

Favorite class to taunt with is mage. As soon as they make a dumb play, hell, or even a good play, I just subtly say, "whoops." Haha...my magic will tear you apart.

Though Priest taunt is god level and his greetings crawls my skin. As my main, I hate to play against other Priests...the incessant greetings after entombing is obnoxious.

Pretty sure if this game had actual text chat people would be far less salty.
At least then I could say Well played without someone thinking I'm trying to be a dick.

And yeah, Jaina's "whoops" is the best emote in the game, applicable to every situation. I like to use it when I get fucked by RNG.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
I say Well Played at the end of every match regardless. It's like saying GG. Why you so mad?

"It's like saying GG"

Ah, I remember when I was this young and naive. Good times.

MMaRsu

"It's like saying GG"

Ah, I remember when I was this young and naive. Good times.

Sometimes ppl say well played if they mean gg, others say it in a manner they mean condescending tone of voice

I mostly use it for gg but also to embarress the opponent if they make a dumb mistake

Like yhis guy today

Turn two i throw down a sorcerers apprentice

Turn 2 this priest does 2 dmg with some spell and kills my apprentice, and does another 2 dmg to my face with a second same spell LOL!! Then he uses a COIN and ends his turn without anything ROFL

MMaRsu

-------------------

Redemption is really good for shredders tho

Top Bottom