• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT5| Corrupted Deeprock Salt

Dahbomb

As someone who has literally tested every modern game Blizzard has released, trust me, we all test quite a bit. : )
I don't know man.... when Blizzard lets through stuff like Mysterious Challenger or the nerfed Warsong Commander you have to wonder what goes on in there sometimes.

Dahbomb

I am happy that Blizzard came to their senses and decided to also remove GvG from Standard. Apparently they were only going to exclude Naxx but people convinced them to remove GvG as well. And rightfully so.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
This brawl is still the dumbest thing ever. Played two brawls in a row where i got massively ahead and then all of a sudden my opponent gets Deathwing and I immediately lose.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Hafu just lost a match a mage playing spellslinger, getting burgle, and getting grommash from it while she had cursed blade up to hit for 20.

lmaooooo

This brawl is still the dumbest thing ever. Played two brawls in a row where i got massively ahead and then all of a sudden my opponent gets Deathwing and I immediately lose.

I AM POWER INCARNATE

Fireblend

Banned
Hafu, ADWCTA and ShadyBunny just lost to a mage topdecking Spellslinger into Burgle into Grommash while they had a Cursed Blade equipped.
KuGsj.gif

That was some quality Hearthstone right there.

edit: damn, beaten

I know it's a new card so it'll never happen, but I can't wait for the day they nerf Reno Jackson.

Topdecking a 29 HP heal is just some serious BS. Playing a sercret paladin or face hunter doesn't piss me off as much as that card.

Just played a mage who ice blocked me and then Reno'd me. Well played, concede.

Dahbomb

Hafu, ADWCTA and ShadyBunny just lost to a mage topdecking Spellslinger into Burgle into Grommash while they had a Cursed Blade equipped.
KuGsj.gif

That was some quality Hearthstone right there.

edit: damn, beaten
That is some Trolden stuff right there.

They should put Spellslinger in the GvG set because screw that card too. Also put Ram Wrangler in there as well.

Papercuts

I think Spellslinger is one of the few super high variance RNG cards that's actually well made. Stuff like Ram Wrangler(and Bane of Doom) are yolo bombs for massive board presence swings, while slinger is a strong statlined 3 mana draw a card, so it has a downside. It's more comparable to something like Deathlord to me.

Dahbomb

Spellslinger is actually an extremely awful example of a RNG card.

Mostly because you aren't rolling one dice, you are rolling two. One player is bound to get the short end of the stick in that situation. Power spells can change the face of the game especially some cross class spells. The variance range is just too high.

Deathlord only rolls one dice and it has a very limited variance that is governed by the deck of your opponent. You can account for that variability. It's not like if you play Deathlord against a Mage, they will get Grommash and then kill you next turn with it.

Is Tank Warrior considered OP?

Dude is just gaining mad armour and waiting for the Golden Monkey. I cant do crap here.

edit: Just beat one, but damn, I got lucky because he was really dumb in the end

Papercuts

Spellslinger is actually an extremely awful example of a RNG card.

Mostly because you aren't rolling one dice, you are rolling two. One player is bound to get the short end of the stick in that situation. Power spells can change the face of the game especially some cross class spells. The variance range is just too high.

Deathlord only rolls one dice and it has a very limited variance that is governed by the deck of your opponent. You can account for that variability. It's not like if you play Deathlord against a Mage, they will get Grommash and then kill you next turn with it.

Well in this instance, the moment Burgle was played it puts you in the place of "what warrior cards can kill me now"? She actually had a taunt in hand that would have won her the game from that scenario.

Either way you still need to pay the price of the full spell. Someone getting a flamestrike will certainly swing the game and not be something you can really play around, but it's also different than getting a 0 mana 8/8 charge beast that will INSTANTLY lose you the game which is something Wrangler can do. Or splitting mana ala Portal to drop a Boom turn 4.

I do get where you're coming from though.

Dahbomb

Well in this instance, the moment Burgle was played it puts you in the place of "what warrior cards can kill me now"? She actually had a taunt in hand that would have won her the game from that scenario.

Either way you still need to pay the price of the full spell. Someone getting a flamestrike will certainly swing the game and not be something you can really play around, but it's also different than getting a 0 mana 8/8 charge beast that will INSTANTLY lose you the game which is something Wrangler can do. Or splitting mana ala Portal to drop a Boom turn 4.

I do get where you're coming from though.
More on this topic here.

gutshot

Since it looks like we have at least another month before the next expansion hits, decided to spend some of my saved up gold on some TGT packs. Pulled a Chillmaw, which I'm actually pretty happy about. It might turn out to be one of the better legendaries in Standard with the hole opening up at the 7-mana slot and Dragon decks being potentially pretty good.

Apathy

Since it looks like we have at least another month before the next expansion hits, decided to spend some of my saved up gold on some TGT packs. Pulled a Chillmaw, which I'm actually pretty happy about. It might turn out to be one of the better legendaries in Standard with the hole opening up at the 7-mana slot and Dragon decks being potentially pretty good.

Damn you and your luck. He would be awesome in my dragon priest deck. Well him or Ysera. Right now Chromaggus is anchoring this deck for me but Chillmaw could be a replacement as could Ysera. I need to restrain myself, I crafted a Wyrmrest Agent and a Twilight Guardian today

Apathy

Oh I just dragon Priest the shit out of secret paladin.

Nothing is as good as using Entomb on his Tirion, and getting it two draws later and then working around secrets to keep it alive and use it to smash the paladins face in. How you like me now paladins?

gutshot

Damn you and your luck. He would be awesome in my dragon priest deck. Well him or Ysera. Right now Chromaggus is anchoring this deck for me but Chillmaw could be a replacement as could Ysera. I need to restrain myself, I crafted a Wyrmrest Agent and a Twilight Guardian today

Well I knew I was going to be pulling a legendary from a TGT pack soon since my pity timer was getting up there. I was just crossing my fingers for a useful one.

And yeah, he is pretty good in Dragon Priest. I haven't played that deck in a while, seems like it might be time to take it for a spin.

Apathy

They're going for the ebin player stories angle here but not even Blizzard could think Shredder shitting out a Doomsayer which got old after the second time would be worth O B L I T E R A T I N G every other 4-drop in the game for years. I don't believe a word of it, they didn't see it coming at all.

Well I knew I was going to be pulling a legendary from a TGT pack soon since my pity timer was getting up there. I was just crossing my fingers for a useful one.

And yeah, he is pretty good in Dragon Priest. I haven't played that deck in a while, seems like it might be time to take it for a spin.

I'm loving dragon priest, might be my go too, well till blackrock leaves and goes to wild

Pooya

So in Overwatch beta, it now has cross region progress, the technology is finally here people. But of course it will never come to Hearthstone...

Tarazet

I know it's a new card so it'll never happen, but I can't wait for the day they nerf Reno Jackson.

Topdecking a 29 HP heal is just some serious BS. Playing a sercret paladin or face hunter doesn't piss me off as much as that card.

Reno is nerfed as soon as GvG and Naxx cards are out of play, because you have fewer good cards you can put in singles of.

Is Tank Warrior considered OP?

Dude is just gaining mad armour and waiting for the Golden Monkey. I cant do crap here.

edit: Just beat one, but damn, I got lucky because he was really dumb in the end

No, it just destroys some decks. In return, it gets destroyed by decks like midrange paladin.

So it is one of those decks that is either amazing or terrible in different match ups.

fertygo

Summoning Reno in most case is lost turn, that's massive disadvantage in end game..

but I still think he need nerf and need 8 mana cost

4 mana is still quite enough to summon capable taunt minion that dismiss lost turn with using Reno

This brawl.... totally RNG and the slowest to play.

Playing a Warlock and he's dropping legendaries on turns 4 and 5, and Jaraxxus on 6. And I've got a hand full of chickens.

Reno is nerfed as soon as GvG and Naxx cards are out of play, because you have fewer good cards you can put in singles of.

True, hadn't thought of that. Roll on new standard play format thingy!

How is the Warlock playing Jaraxxus on turn 6? Like, what sort of mana-reducing things did they do to manage that?

I'm not sure how the Brawl works regarding cards but he had 6 mana crystal and dropped him. I don't know if coins carry over into later hands via the deck or not. At that point my attention was waning as I was about to concede anyway.

All I know for a fact was is it was definitely not turn 9 (so he couldn't play him normally) and he didn't have a summoning portal up.

I'm not sure how the Brawl works regarding cards but he had 6 mana crystal and dropped him. I don't know if coins carry over into later hands via the deck or not. At that point my attention was waning as I was about to concede anyway.

All I know for a fact was is it was definitely not turn 9 (so he couldn't play him normally) and he didn't have a summoning portal up.

Ah, yeah, he must have had a god hand of 3 coins and Jaraxxus. It happens.

Ah, yeah, he must have had a god hand of 3 coins and Jaraxxus. It happens.

He didn't need it, ironically. On turns 2 and 3 he dropped consecutive Imp Gang Bosses and got a few imp's out of each. Then came Feugen on 4, and then Wilfred Fizzlebang on 5.

Sadly for him he's probably used all his Hearthstone luck for the month just to win one measly Tavern Brawl.

There's like a zero percent chance they don't put a healbot replacement in the game, the game is losing way too much anti aggro so I don't see why anyone would think for a second they won't be putting in big time anti aggro weapons to replace belcher and anti kill

Tarazet

Anddd he'll be buffed just as soon by likely the biggest expansion yet?

We'll see. If there are a lot of good neutral minions like Naxx, then worst case, he'll get as much play as he does now. If we get a lot of good class cards, like LoE, then it shouldn't be too bad.

Fireblend

Banned
Got a Rogue quest and decided to try out a Feugen and Stalagg Deathrattle Rogue deck. Got destroyed the first time against a Dreadsteed Warlock, and a second time against a Paladin who I was topdecking against; he got 2 Murloc Knights in a row in the same turns I got 2 nerubian eggs T_T

Edit: Refreshing matches though, and I'm liking the deck despite the lack of competitiveness. Just beat a Warrior even after he'd played Justicar.

Top Bottom