• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT5| Corrupted Deeprock Salt

Well that was odd. Drew my Healbot and the game said it cost 4 mana for some reason. Played Thaurrisan and it went down to 3 then on my next turn it went back up to 4.

Mulgrok

Why do priests always have 2 entombs in their hand by turn 7?

Trying a reno mage deck I made myself. First opponent secret paladin that curves out perfectly into MC - Boom - Tyrion - MC fml

Why do priests always have 2 entombs in their hand by turn 7?

Trying a reno mage deck I made myself. First opponent secret paladin that curves out perfectly into MC - Boom - Tyrion - MC fml

The second part of your post answers the first part. Fucking Paladins ruin everything.

Dahbomb

Actually kind of glad Priest is losing stuff like Deathlord and Lightbomb. The completely reactive nature of current Priest decks is just awful for the game.
Why is it bad for the game? Why is having a deck where the win condition is to control what the other plays a bad thing?

Especially when every other deck wins by playing minions on curve or setting up some cheap combo.

As long as it's not too broken where it's insanely hard to beat, decks like these are healthy for the game.

Apathy

I fucking hate this game sometimes. All night has been nothing but shit draws from my deck. I went 3 games where it was, and this is serious, drawing only small cards, to drawing only high cards, back to drawing only low cards. I literally went 3 games without seeing any of my middle part of my deck. Even with two clerics pulling cards when they could. Hell I haven't seen my twilight guardians all night yet. But fuck running into nothing but face hunter and zoolocks who just happen to get perfect drops.

Mulgrok

my first 4 unstable portals today were justicar, stalag, justicar, thermaplug

perfectly balanced

EDIT: next were Icehowl, Gruul, shade of naxx

I fucking hate this game sometimes. All night has been nothing but shit draws from my deck. I went 3 games where it was, and this is serious, drawing only small cards, to drawing only high cards, back to drawing only low cards. I literally went 3 games without seeing any of my middle part of my deck. Even with two clerics pulling cards when they could. Hell I haven't seen my twilight guardians all night yet. But fuck running into nothing but face hunter and zoolocks who just happen to get perfect drops.

You should refine your deck then. It's obvious that it is not consistently giving you what you want. Thats why deck like secret paladin, mid range druid, zoo, renolock, patron etc.. are all so popular.

You're not handicapped by your mulligans. I play mostly paladin and druid and never had that problem then I tried to learn oil rouge and oh boy the mulligan phase is infuriating. Even when i follow mulligan guide for oil rogue i still don't have the card i need 30% of the time. Then i watched pros play it and it's obvious they adjust their gameplan like 2-3 turns in advance because they already know they are not getting what they want. I still have a lot to learn on oil rouge.

I just secret paladin my way up to 5... derp time to farm golden the rest of the month.

Acerac

Banned
Actually kind of glad Priest is losing stuff like Deathlord and Lightbomb. The completely reactive nature of current Priest decks is just awful for the game.
I used to main the class and the only card I'll sorely miss in Vol'Jin. Losing him will hurt badly. Such a well designed card, and the custom emote v Warriors is awesome bonus flavor.

Why is it bad for the game? Why is having a deck where the win condition is to control what the other plays a bad thing?

Especially when every other deck wins by playing minions on curve or setting up some cheap combo.

As long as it's not too broken where it's insanely hard to beat, decks like these are healthy for the game.

I'm all for decks that thrive on controlling the board but when the deck makeup becomes nothing but stall, removal and card theft it just reaches a point of ridiculousness in my opinion and that's essentially what control Priest has become. I guess we'll see what happens in the new expansion but I'd like to see control Priest be something aside from completely reactionary.

Dahbomb

I think only issue is when Priest ends up stealing cards through playing a control game and if you tried to play a counter control (minus playing Jaraxxus) you lose too because they gain deck advantage over you.

Two Cabals steal your two small minions, two Entombs steal your two big minions and then 2 Thoughsteals also put them 2 cards ahead in terms of deck advantage. In addition, 2 Deathlords put cards from your deck into the battlefield early, usually removing their battlecry effect and then getting board clear with the rest of your minions.

I stated when Entomb was first revealed that the card would be nuts in a control meta. Priest was always strong in this meta because of Mind Control but Entomb is technically better than MC because Entomb delays fatigue by one turn, MC doesn't.

Tarazet

Nah Entomb would still be run even if there were no Tirions running around. The card is just insane.

I was playing a deck today that ran one copy of a golden Chillwind Yeti. I had a Priest Thoughtsteal it, and he played it against me on turn 5. I played my own Yeti the same turn that he played it, and removed his by using Abusive Sergeant on a minion that was already on the board. He Entombed that Yeti and then played it again the next turn. And that was with a zoo deck in which the biggest drop is a Doomguard.

You can't play anything good against a Priest, damn thieves.

Spending 6 mana to remove a yeti... the value
laugh.gif

Tarazet

laugh.gif

A golden Yeti! That makes it worth an extra 2 mana easy.

By the way, if you go first.. would you play Abusive Sergeant turn 1 against a Mage? I see it as a major tempo loss for the mage to have to coin ping, but I'm not sure it makes up for the lost potential of the Sergeant. Maybe depends on whether you got the egg? It's been probably a year or more since I last played zoo, so I'm probably doing dennis moves all over the place.

Zoggy

I think only issue is when Priest ends up stealing cards through playing a control game and if you tried to play a counter control (minus playing Jaraxxus) you lose too because they gain deck advantage over you.

Two Cabals steal your two small minions, two Entombs steal your two big minions and then 2 Thoughsteals also put them 2 cards ahead in terms of deck advantage. In addition, 2 Deathlords put cards from your deck into the battlefield early, usually removing their battlecry effect and then getting board clear with the rest of your minions.

I stated when Entomb was first revealed that the card would be nuts in a control meta. Priest was always strong in this meta because of Mind Control but Entomb is technically better than MC because Entomb delays fatigue by one turn, MC doesn't.

i lost a game last night when a priest thoughtstealed my golden monkey and played it before me.

i was upset.

ricelord

Just lost to a control hunter who was RNGesus him self.. this guy had 4 fucking savanmnah highmane, 7 webspinners 6 tomb spiders and to included some of the other bullshit he got was both dreadscale and acidmaw from the spiders.

i'm beyond salty right now.

jgminto

Had a great run with Zoolock today against a bunch of Paladins. I probably would have done worse if the decks weren't so weird (Secret with Quarter/weird Murloc Paladin). Was still very satisfying but it did get me thinking about how much Zoolock is getting hurt in Standard. No Creeper, Egg, Loatheb and Implosion will probably stop the deck from being competitive unless it gets new tools with the new expansion.
laugh.gif
I've entombed a 1 or 2 drop with Velen's on it before. The trades on board were so bad that it was still worth it.

peakish

tumblr_m0imd357ez1r5img1o1_400.gif

Fuck whatever manner of bm insecure people conjure in their head.
glhf
gg

Imbued in me since my first Bnet games in '98 and I'll be damned before unlearning basic manner. Be the change you want to see

(I don't Well Played first if I win through some really bad bullshit luck though)

Zoggy

its crazy how you know exactly what deck you're up against and what 90% of their cards are by turn 3 or 4.

i guess that's what card games are all about i guess.

its not even about matchups anymore really. any of the current meta decks can take you to legend, its just about who draws the better stuff at the right time.

fertygo

I'm addicted with this Brawl damn

this is the satisfaction that I dreaming from arena + fulfilling control battle that I never do cause lack of card to made decent control deck ;__;

Haunted

its crazy how you know exactly what deck you're up against and what 90% of their cards are by turn 3 or 4.

its not even about matchups anymore really. any of the current meta decks can take you to legend, its just about who draws the better stuff at the right time.
I played at a friend's place recently, he hadn't played ladder in a while so we started out at rank 25. Super refreshing experience, you could never tell what would come next.

Mulgrok

those feels when you top deck Loatheb to stop a freeze mage 1 turn kill combo, and use the kezan you saved from turn 1 to secure lethal.

I should tech in nerub'ar weblord to prevent Alex from being playable on turn 9. That will show'em!

Jrmint

I hope they announce some of the new cards or something during this winter preliminary match.

They probably won't, but I can hope.

Pooya

Kibler is casting this and Frodan is around too, it could be watchable now. Might tune in some time. Hearthstone competitive is as good as its casters...

Pooya

These line ups.... Second no name player is coming. Identical line up to first no name player. Druid, paly, shaman, warlock. full on cancer.

Then against them you have the established players, with line ups aimed directly at thecancer ones. Just line ups show which players are experienced in tournament scene and which just got there farming ladder with cancer.

Zemm

It's why I'm not playing the game until the changes, you're just going through the motions playing this game right now. I don't expect it to be much better with the standard ladder either, I'm sure there'll be broken shit in that too. This game is just much more fun to watch others play on Twitch, I'm fine with that.

Fireblend

Banned
I wonder, does Magic also suffer from the "everyone plays the same ~7 deck archetypes with at least 75% the same cards" issue? Or is there much more viable deck variability there?

Tagyhag

I wonder, does Magic also suffer from the "everyone plays the same ~7 deck archetypes with at least 75% the same cards" issue? Or is there much more viable deck variability there?

There is waaaaay more variety, people do end up just seeing what the top decks are but not everyone mimics them since you might have to pay a good amount of money.

You'll see more budget decks than anything else.

MtG has a lot more variety because there are a lot more ideas floating around within each set than HS has.

Top Bottom