• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT5| Corrupted Deeprock Salt

Danj

Still nobody around on EU. Is Saturday a not-playing-Hearthstone day for people or something? Or is it just because of Valentine's Day tomorrow?

inky

Why are the decks called cancer? Who came up with that stupid shit. I hate seeing it

Because it's the internet where people are retards, or a game is/gives you AIDS, or decks are cancer, or people get raped. The common answer is because "they spread really fast" or something like that, and well, twitch streamers and twitch chat help spread the terms around as well.

At least during tournaments or sponsored events people keep their stupidity to a minimum. most of the times.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
I assumed it was the same type of people who visited ebaumsworld when they were younger.

It seems like the type of thing that would have originated there if it was still a thing in 2015.

Tagyhag

When Standard rolls in, Blizz really should just make Naxx free without it giving you rewards.

It'd be more content right off the bat for new players and not only see more variety in the game, but learn about deck building.

Just taking it off entirely is pretty shitty.

Pooya

The very definition of word cancer is something bad that spreads fast, that's why the disease is called cancer to begin with. This is not some informal slang btw.

Patron warrior switches his hero power to life tap with finley on turn 1 against my freeze mage.

ive-made-a-huge-mistake.gif

Ketch

I wonder if there's any potential with a rogue Finley + gang up deck.... maybe throw some burgles, nefarion, and discover cards in there? ... play judo style

inky

The very definition of word cancer is something bad that spreads fast, that's why the disease is called cancer to begin with. This is not some informal slang btw.

It's not slang, but at this point in time one can say that the "very definition of the word" is already the disease it is associated with just like how rape is not more commonly used for "plunder of the land" but "sexual assault".

Some people find this instance unpleasant to hear as well, and it's probably not a term people want to be utilized in anything else but a serious context. Personally, I can deal with it, but I have no problem accepting its use lacks tact and denotes immaturity.

Pooya

Pretty much all the 'big names' of hearthstone are either in losers bracket or already eliminated. They should have just brought those same decks too I guess!

They skipped Kolento/Crane match oddly enough. Really liked to watch Crane for once, they guy is supposed to be the best new patron player.

Tarazet

Queue as Warrior, get Tempo Mage and Paladins for 3 hours. Switch to Freeze Mage.. two Freeze mirrors in a row. What the actual fuck.

Pooya

I'm a bit surprised how popular aggro shaman is here actually. Sure, it's good on ladder. In tournament format looks like a bad idea. These players actually brought fully aggressive line up too. But what do I know, it's working out so far...

Pooya

Stats of the tourney so far. https://battlefy.com/2016-hct-winte...03846fef/stage/56be2381b4ce940c03819f5a/stats

Win rates in particular are interesting. Of course different decks per class but still.

Mage 58% out of 186 games
Warlock 52% out of 279 games.
Paladin 50% out of 239 games.
Druid 47% out of 215 games.
Warrior 47% out of 160 games.
Shaman 44% out of 88 games.

The rest have so fewer matches, so it's not all that relevant. (lol priest 38% out of 16 games)

Dahbomb

Stats of the tourney so far. https://battlefy.com/2016-hct-winte...03846fef/stage/56be2381b4ce940c03819f5a/stats

Win rates in particular are interesting. Of course different decks per class but still.

The rest have so fewer matches, so it's not all that relevant. (lol priest 38% out of 16 games)
Mage is this high because Warrior is by far the most banned class. Look at that banned statistic LMAO!

Warlock, Druid and Paladin are most picked classes to the shock of no one.

Apathy

Poor poor priests. Time to make secret priest a thing brode. Bring on mysterious cleric.

V-Faction

Are we anticipating a larger pool of cards with this unannounced expansion on the horizon? Y'know, as a way to sort of beef up the empty space caused by the retiring of older cards. Cause I want that to happen. Getting more than 8 class cards in particular is my real desire.

Pooya

As long as people's idea of playing control priest is a hundred percent reactive deck filled with answers, it's never going to be a consistent tournament deck. The deck works if you draw answers but it falls apart if you don't. Good control deck like lock in the game play a proactive game. Pretty much every good deck in the game plays a proactive game. I have fundamental issues with this kind of 'win condition', I think it's time they tried something else with priest.

Dragon priest was a good attempt but the dragon synergy is inconsistent itself. You just have to hold certain cards, don't get it everything falls apart and so on.

Now everything in the game is affected by draw but it's very different for priest which has to combo a bunch of cards to function even. And your plays almost entirely depend on your opponent's plays (and draws) with cards like cabal, entomb, sw etc

Apathy

Does anyone think that they will ever combined tribes together on a card at some point, making certain cards count as two different things?

V-Faction

Does anyone think that they will ever combined tribes together on a card at some point, making certain cards count as two different things?

They totally should.

Cookie from the Deadmines could totally be Murloc/Pirate.

There could be Totems that are also Mechs like with Goblin Shamans.

Only... I hope that doesn't become the defining feature of those hypothetical cards. Make them do some effect, too.

Apathy

I was thinking about it cause a mechanical dragonling could be both a dragon and mech. I'm not a card game guy, so not sure if that's even a thing in other games (not about tribes but mixing multiple tribes)

Dahbomb

It's been a while since I played it but in YGO there used to be a card that had like 5 Elemental types or something crazy like that.

It's not out of the realm of possibility just know that a card like that would be lower in stats. Like if they made a 4 mana Mech Beast neutral card they might stat it as a 4/4.

Apathy

It's been a while since I played it but in YGO there used to be a card that had like 5 Elemental types or something crazy like that.

It's not out of the realm of possibility just know that a card like that would be lower in stats. Like if they made a 4 mana Mech Beast neutral card they might stat it as a 4/4.

Again I don't come from that world and don't have that background, but since you and some others do, what do you think if they did add something like that? Would you be OK with it or would you rather they keep hs more simple with only single tribes at most?

Xanathus

Again I don't come from that world and don't have that background, but since you and some others do, what do you think if they did add something like that? Would you be OK with it or would you rather they keep hs more simple with only single tribes at most?

A minion with multiple tribes would be terrible in Hearthstone because in order to even capitalize on that you would need to be running multiple tribe synergy cards which weakens your overall deck. The only place it could be good in is arena.

Tacitus_

Oh wow. Someone just played "◥█̆◤ TOTEMIC MIGHT ◥█̆◤" against me on ladder
granted, it was my 2nd game this season and at rank 17

Apathy

Oh wow. Someone just played "◥█̆◤ TOTEMIC MIGHT ◥█̆◤" against me on ladder
granted, it was my 2nd game this season and at rank 17

Seen a lot of that. Last night a shaman played it before using hero power, so I laughed a little.

Top Bottom