• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT5| Corrupted Deeprock Salt

Mulgrok

totemic might isn't worthless. When i first started out I used it a lot in combination with flametongue totem to get free trades using trash totems littering the board.

Dahbomb

Again I don't come from that world and don't have that background, but since you and some others do, what do you think if they did add something like that? Would you be OK with it or would you rather they keep hs more simple with only single tribes at most?
Like Xan said, unless those cards have some strong effects outside the tribe tag they won't get used. Tribe decks are already not all that common and having dual tribes would make your deck even more inconsistent.

These cards would be decent in Arena though. But that was TGT in a nutshell and people considered that a failure.

Apathy

Like Xan said, unless those cards have some strong effects outside the tribe tag they won't get used. Tribe decks are already not all that common and having dual tribes would make your deck even more inconsistent.

These cards would be decent in Arena though. But that was TGT in a nutshell and people considered that a failure.

A minion with multiple tribes would be terrible in Hearthstone because in order to even capitalize on that you would need to be running multiple tribe synergy cards which weakens your overall deck. The only place it could be good in is arena.

Thanks for the insight. Back to thinking about what possible changes could happen

Dahbomb

There are a thousand things they could do, it's not even worth trying to speculate.

Like maybe they can add in fusion/special summon mechanics. Battlecry: If you have X minion in play, summon Y.

Maybe cards that banish/remove cards from play. These cards can't be called back by stuff like Anyfin and Resurrect.

What about Discover mechanic but for cards that died this game? You can choose one of 3 cards that died this game and bring it back.

What about cards that are immune to minion targetting abilities? Or cards that are completely spell damage immune (like can't be damage by AOE)? Or a text that enhances minion ability damage? A card like Jinzo from YGO that increases cost of secrets by 10, completely disallowing their usage as long as its alive.

Maybe they can print Legendary spells. Legendary weapons. Legendary secrets.

Sky is the limit really.

Fuzzery

A minion with multiple tribes would be terrible in Hearthstone because in order to even capitalize on that you would need to be running multiple tribe synergy cards which weakens your overall deck. The only place it could be good in is arena.

#arenametamatters

BashNasty

Is it okay to say "sorry" when you got incredibly lucky? Like I just killed a guy's Deathlord and it popped out my KT, like a 5% chance of that happening.

Generally people are going to see that as BM, even if you mean it sincerely. Honestly, there are very few times you can emote and have people take it as friendly. Such is the game of Hearthstone.

Is it okay to say "sorry" when you got incredibly lucky? Like I just killed a guy's Deathlord and it popped out my KT, like a 5% chance of that happening.
This is why we need more emotes.

I want the following, all with ambiguous lines for max polity or BM as needed:
Lucky
Good Game
Mind Games
Good Luck
Mercy
Respect

That's 100% BM.

Messi to Real Madrid "Sorry for scoring that hat trick on you"
Except your example is someone being sorry because they did something skillful, which comes off as assholish, in my example I'm apologizing for my opponent being extremely unlucky.

Either way, point taken, I guess I'll just continue to never say anything.

Dahbomb

Except your example is someone being sorry because they did something skillful, which comes off as assholish, in my example I'm apologizing for my opponent being extremely unlucky.

Either way, point taken, I guess I'll just continue to never say anything.
Getting Dr Balanced from Unbalanced Esportal is the most skillful thing in the game. You will get massive salt from the opponent if you say sorry after pulling that play off.

Lucky
Good Game
Mind Games
Good Luck
Mercy
Respect
Yes to all of these.

Even the respect one will be twisted to be some new form of BM.

They put in Happyfeast of Winterveil and that ended up being the biggest BM ever.

Fireblend

Banned
That's 100% BM.

Messi to Real Madrid "Sorry for scoring that hat trick on you"

In table tennis it's common courtesy to say sorry when you hit the ball on the very edge of the table so that it's practically impossible for your opponent to respond. Same for a ball that brushes against the net and still passes to the other side, which is similarly difficult for the opponent to respond to. It's considered lucky and isn't usually part of a pro's "strategy", it just happens.

Sort of like extremely lucky RNG.

Pooya

ok, hunter quest. let's play some of that hybrid hunter I used to enjoy.

Leper Gnome, coin worgen against this mage.

esportal....

it's dreadscale.

ok I'm done.

jgminto

I think it can work after some ridiculous RNG (more than that example) but it's hero specific, it's impossible to read some emotes as anything but BM.

Dahbomb

Reynad lists his top 9 cards to nerf for Standard format:

Molten Giants
Mountain Giants
Ironbeak Owl
BGH
Knife Juggler (will uninstall game if it's not nerfed according to him)
Ice Block
Combo (any of the card)
Ancient of Lore
Alexstrasza

Molten Giants
Mountain Giants
Ironbeak Owl
BGH
Ice Block
Combo (any of the card)
Ancient of Lore
Alexstrasza

A middle finger to any type of handlock lol.

I'm okay with Lore, and Alex. Iron is kind of okay in my book maybe 3 mana? I don't know how I would change iceblock that's not removing it. Juggler is horseshit I'm with him on that one.

Dahbomb

Big Game Hunter killing Dr Boom one last time made my day.

fVsVOs6.jpg

Apathy

Molten Giants
Mountain Giants
Ironbeak Owl
BGH
Ice Block
Combo (any of the card)
Ancient of Lore
Alexstrasza

He'd never uninstall the game if it's not nerfed. How the hell would you fix iceblock without making it useless.

Dahbomb

They could change the mechanics of it.

To say "When your hero takes fatal damage, prevent it and freeze all enemy characters this turn"

You could still die from burn or other ways. But it's still useful against match ups like Zoo.

Not saying this is what they could make it into, just gave an example.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Ice block is fine. There just needs to be more anti-secret tech in the game. I'd sort of like it if the card could just be pushed to wild, but I don't think its OP by any stretch, just annoying. Scientist being removed from Standard will weaken the deck type it a lot, since it will be harder to stabilize before losing to aggro without it.

BGH needs a minor nerf IMO. They can always nerf him again in the future if its still an issue, but I think just making his kill range 8+ damage instead would help.

Realistically, Knife Juggler will become a 2/2. That or become a 3 drop. I don't see this card getting a major nerf now.

Alex needs to be changed, but I got no clue what to. If its left unchanged, it will be a major issue in wild in the future, unless Blizzard somehow designs a bunch of anti combo tech.

Iron Beak is a hard one. I feel a cheap neutral silence needs to be in the game to keep things in check, but it also is sort of the reason battle cry is significantly stronger than deathreattle. Maybe up it to 3 maan, but I'm not even sure if thats a good idea.

Xanathus

If Blizzard followed everyone's "great" ideas of how cards should be balanced, every single card in the game would be a 1/1 with no effect.

Owzers

Freeze Mage...must go.

I had a brawl quest, lost two in a row then won five in a row, didn't feel good about any of it. It's random, but stretched out. Getting violet teacher off on turn 2 and then Aldor draw on turn 3, yeah, things are looking good.

I'm also up to 1030 gold after my plan to save gold for the expansion, the most i saved before was 400 to get a few packs together. There is a huge urge to get 10 standard packs to fill in my collection...

Apathy

Freeze Mage...must go.

I had a brawl quest, lost two in a row then won five in a row, didn't feel good about any of it. It's random, but stretched out. Getting violet teacher off on turn 2 and then Aldor draw on turn 3, yeah, things are looking good.

I'm also up to 1030 gold after my plan to save gold for the expansion, the most i saved before was 400 to get a few packs together. There is a huge urge to get 10 standard packs to fill in my collection...

No, stay strong at least till we see the new cards

Mulgrok

wtf is up with draws tonight

I was drawing only early game 6 games in a row, so I replaced 3 cards with midgame ones, since I had a lot of low cost ones... then don't draw anything playable before turn 4 6 games in a row.

Zoggy

i changed my mind, druid is the best OP deck right now.

deal 16 damage to face in the first 8 turns, then win turn on 9

nahlakhai

So I played this in beta back in late summer of 2014 and enjoyed it but for some reason I stopped and now I'm thinking of getting back into it. Where do I even begin?

Dahbomb

Makes me feel kinda sad for them, in a way. Poor Dr. Boom. He had his moment in the sun, only to be taken away from him forever.
Well this way he is always preserved in his OP state. He was so powerful that he transcended nerfs.

It's very possible that he continues to dominate Wild as well. Even among gods and monsters... he will remain the best there is!

Top Bottom