• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT5| Corrupted Deeprock Salt

He said once Blizzard gives him the thumbs-up, it would be an hour or two

Edit: Kripp just posted on Twitter his card will be revealed at 4 Eastern and it looks to be a Shaman legendary:

CeKydo3UUAApduY.png

Finally, a Shaman card.

Please don't be awful...

Apathy

Also looks like another card was revealed.

N'Zoth's Tentacle
Deathrattle: Deal 1 damage to ALL minions.

Wouldn't mind that when facing some locks

- Actually, would have prefer that to be a battlecry, seems a bit like a weaker explosive sheep

Edit: I really hope some other class gets a worse legendary than the priest one. I don't think I can take the priest again getting the short of the end of the stick.

Szadek

Wouldn't mind that when facing some locks

Edit: I really hope some other class gets a worse legendary than the priest one. I don't think I can take the priest again getting the short of the end of the stick.
Hunters never fail to have shitty legendaries.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
I'm betting on 6 with Overload: 7.

And just to make it interesting:

Battlecry, Deathrattle: Overload 5 of your opponent's mana crystals.

Szadek

Dreadscale is a solid card. Gahz'rilla is a really good card in a class that just can't use it effectively and is a 7 mana card that was released at the same time as Dr. 7.
They also gave Hunter Acidmaw to compensate for Dreadscale ,Gahz'rilla is slow and probably wouldn't be much better in many other classes.
Well, except in warrior. That would be pretty insane.

They also gave Hunter Acidmaw to compensate for Dreadscale ,Gahz'rilla is slow and probably wouldn't be much better in many other classes.
Well, except in warrior. That would be pretty insane.

I hate Acidmaw so much. I hardly pulled any new legendaries out of TGT packs because I kept getting Acidmaws. I still haven't even used it.

Lead

Banned
I would keep Deathwing until the expansion release and we get the full picture.

As unlikely as it is, there might be a situation where it's a part of a deck.

I mean only dust it now if you need the 400 right now.

It would be severely overpowered if it had taunt.

But I like it as is. Very nice anti aggro tool for sure. Makes it a breeze getting rid of all those pesky recruits.

Not really. Unstable Ghoul was the exact same thing but with 2 more health for 1 more mana and it hardly saw any play outside of Patron Warrior.

The Elementium Monstrosity is four elemental beings converging into one, so it's Earth, Air, Fire, and Water in one. I expect something cool. A guide to the WoW fight if anyone is curious:
https://healsnheels.wordpress.com/2011/04/08/healing-perspectives-ascendant-council/

That won over the sweet-ass paladin spell art? Aww. Still, glad it's another legendary. Always inspires (lol) fun discussion.

Oof. That'd be hilarious.
Nobody wants anything good for Paladins. It's funny how people feel the same about each class between this game and WoW.

Also looks like another card was revealed.

N'Zoth's Tentacle
Deathrattle: Deal 1 damage to ALL minions.

"Hey everyone, get in here!!"
Patron Warrior (possibly) lives on!

If that 1/1 card had taunt it would have been pretty good.

It would be severely overpowered if it had taunt.

But I like it as is. Very nice anti aggro tool for sure. Makes it a breeze getting rid of all those pesky recruits.
Just let me swing my axe at my own minions, Blizzard!

Lead

Banned
Not really. Unstable Ghoul was the exact same thing but with 2 more health for 1 more mana and it hardly saw any play outside of Patron Warrior.
There's a crazy big difference between 1 and 2 mana in the early game.

If explosive sheep was 1 mana it would be played in every control deck.

Here's the defining ability of WoW's Elementium Monstrosity; clearly I'm past the point of being hype since I want to main Shaman and Shadow Priest in the next expansion:
Electric Instability – The single spell that makes this the adraneline rush phase that it is. This spell does raidwide AoE damage which increases the longer the monstrosity is alive. It is imperative that the monstrosity be burned down asap since the damage from Electric Instability will reach an unhealable point fairly quickly.

But then it's just Unstable Ghoul.

Then again, now it's just the 1 version of Explosive Sheep.
That opens it up in Patron Warrior. You can't use Explosive Sheep because it kills 2/3 of your Patrons instead of 1/3, haha.

frodan was saying that he thinks that these cards are coming out b/c blizzard thinks aggro decks may be really good in standard and they don't want that, but who knows right now

Pooya

The problem with ghoul in post warsong patron is that you can't kill it on your turn. Now this one is better for that purpose but it's not any good to play on its own with acolytes for example.

I think if patron is still around they won't play this, they will play wild pyro instead. wild pyro/inner rage patron is better than this/whirlwind/patron for same mana.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Yeah Tentacle + Whirlwind is a pretty good Patron Combo. Pretty good with Acolyte of Pain as well.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
I just think as a 1 drop, it will control the game better for warrior. Turn 1 tentacle, turn 2 Firey Win Axe or Armor Smith, and you have basically shut down the power turns of aggro decks. It can even help against tempo mage, since it can be a bit hard to kill flame waker now, and the 1 extra damage will ether slow which turn the mage can drop waker on, or have it die off really fast.

Top Bottom