• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT5| Corrupted Deeprock Salt

jgminto

That makes more sense. Don't have the cards for it, though.

Guess my complaint goes more towards low curve face decks in general, then.
Do you have Naxx and LoE? Zoolock can be pretty cheap outside of that. I've only got one non-expansion Epic or Legendary in my list and that's Dr Boom. More expensive ones run Sea Giant and Gormok though.

peakish

Do you have Naxx and LoE? Zoolock can be pretty cheap outside of that. I've only got one non-expansion Epic or Legendary in my list and that's Dr Boom. More expensive ones run Sea Giant and Gormok though.
All of LOE, just the first wing of Naxx though. Got that for free when it released, but didn't play the game at all until last December so didn't bother to pick the rest up at that time.

Decided in February to chill with any purchases and crafting until the next expansion hits and I have some ability to figure out what I want to do, just didn't think that it'd be delayed until May which is a bummer. Mostly tripped myself with that decision!

Edit: Obviously my problems are self inflicted, just hit a rough patch in the game this month which has made me a bit cranky. Shouldn't take it out on this thread, really, bad form.

Tacitus_

That makes more sense. Don't have the cards for it, though.

Guess my complaint goes more towards low curve face decks in general, then.

Zoo decks are one of the cheapest competitive decks to assemble. The list I run has 8 rares and rest are either commons or come from adventures.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
So what time does Forsen get to show off what I assume is Paladin's New Secret that is totally avenge but slightly different?

1458442792-capture.jpg

I haven't seen priests or patron in a while so I'm not playing keeper or equality. This has more consistent draws/damage. one equality helps against priest and patron. They are like the worst match ups, I'm just not bothering with those. Currently rank 3 NA with this.

I have been on a tear using this deck.

QFNS

Unconfirmed Member
Hey face hunter, enjoy playing vs my Bolster deck

FUCK YOU

I have had great time with a Djinni based Inner Fire priest deck. It plays like control priest in the early game (Deathlords, Nova, Velen's, Belchers, a Dark Cultist or two if you need more early game), but once you have 1 minion on the board you can drop a Genie and then buff both with PWS or Velen's or Divine Spirit. Then next turn you have 2 minions that get Inner Fired for huge burst. You often catch zoo players napping at 15-20 HP and then all of a sudden staring down 20+ HP on your side with Random minion Minion + 12/12 Djinni.

Even leaving something like a Cleric on your board for 1 turn becomes a nightmare for them. All you need is 1 buff target + Djinni. The deck works because while answering 1 huge minion is often tough, answering 2 is usually impossible. If you can keep the Djinni on the board the other player almost certainly is gonna lose.

It might not be the most competitive deck, but I'm stealing wins against control warriors, Zoolocks and face hunters all over the place today. They never expect ye olde Divine Spirit + Inner Fire.

greepoman

New pally secret should be "50% chance to either instantly win game OR delete your card collection and have your name be placed in a Hall of shame."

Magnus

Any canadians end up buying expansions and cards through google play and end up getting charged in canadian prices?

Saw this thread on reddit - https://www.reddit.com/r/hearthstone/comments/4bddzl/canadians_buying_whispers_of_the_old_gods/

and specifically this post - https://www.reddit.com/r/hearthston...dians_buying_whispers_of_the_old_gods/d183qsr

and wondering if it works to save some cash since our dollar is weak

Woah. Sweet deal. Thank you. I'll preorder on my BF's phone tonight then.

just won a face mage game this way lol

turn 9, priest had 18 health, i had ice block activated, played leeroy jenkins and duplicate
his turn, killed leeroy

he didn't heal in his turn, LOL. not that the firebal i drew that turn wouldn't have done the same thing, but, damn one of the most satisfying duplicates i've dropped.

I'm missing a lot of good cards but bolster warrior is real fun.

I realized that I hated playing tempo mage, or any aggro decks really. Sadly midrange decks are expensive :(

fertygo

I can't wait for Dr. Doom gone. This awkwars phase wherè you must face those auto include card but not recommended to get those carď for yourself sucks

Yeah, 100% of them need Dr. Boom. :(

That, and most bigger minions are rare at the very least, and most classes have a strong class legendary that you NEED to have(Grom, Tyrion, Antonidas, etc). Not to mention that you can't effectively do "fun" decks unless you have the very specific cards that enable them.

That, and most bigger minions are rare at the very least, and most classes have a strong class legendary that you NEED to have(Grom, Tyrion, Antonidas, etc). Not to mention that you can't effectively do "fun" decks unless you have the very specific cards that enable them.
My goal is to just hit rank 5 every month from now on to get another epic crafted. I am planning on double Doombringers to get an Aggro Shaman deck going for easy rank 5. Then I am going to focus on Arena.

The consistency doesn't make up for the complete lack of power. I had some Classic card comparisons in my original post that were better or very comparable and none of them are played at all. All of them are underpowered cards, except the Harvest Golem which holds it down in Arena. Yet even the Harvest Golem isn't played regularly, it's not even played in constructed mech decks.

When something gets good trades with a Shredder, like a 3/2 killing the first half, and you get a crap minion for the death rattle, like a 1/1, it sucks. This card is worse than that situation, because now the first half of your 4 drop doesn't trade up. With only 2 attack instead of 4, it allows even 3 drops to survive trading and clear the death rattle.

The consistency does make up for the trade off in power. But you're also trading off some power for taunt too. If it didn't have taunt it would easily be the fill in for shredder. It's a good thing it has taunt because we don't need every deck running the same cards. I could easily see this being ran in a deck lacking early game anti-aggro tools and still making due against most non-aggro decks.

Pooya

Found some time to finish the level 20 grind. You get Liadrin on all HS servers if you get the achievement in wow once, doesn't matter which region. Amusingly enough purchased heroes of course don't carry over like this.

This promotion looks like to be very successful. They will probably do more like it. Maiev wll come to hots at some point, maybe they could tie it into getting her and lvl up to 5 in hots. That game could use some help too.

jgminto

Oh I didn't comment on DOOM! yet. I don't think it's very good for Warlock. They really don't need the extra card draw, that's why they usually run Acidic Swamp Ooze over Harrison Jones. There's usually a point where you will just stop tapping because you risk the fatigue killing you before you can Jaraxxus or combo your opponent so drawing even more isn't good for current Warlock decks. It sure is fun to say though.

Levi

Banned
Yeah, 100% of them need Dr. Boom. :(

I have Dr. Boom but he's only in one of the three decks I've been playing this season - Midrange Druid. My tempo mage and control warrior decks don't run him. Neither deck runs a BGH target except for an enraged Grom, but even if he's BGHed I've already gotten value (and unless I'm playing against control warrior or control priest Grom is generally a finisher so the opponent never has the chance to respond anyway).

Went 9-3 in an Arena! YAY!

I have Dr. Boom but he's only in one of the three decks I've been playing this season - Midrange Druid. My tempo mage and control warrior decks don't run him. Neither deck runs a BGH target except for an enraged Grom, but even if he's BGHed I've already gotten value (and unless I'm playing against control warrior or control priest Grom is generally a finisher so the opponent never has the chance to respond anyway).

100% of midrange decks use him, I mean.

Szadek

Since we are getting N'Zoth, I hope that we also get Queen Azshara.
Although, it's possible that they are saving here for a naga/water expansion or something.

Magnus

Confirmed, you can pre-order Old Gods and 50 packs for $49.99 CDN on the Google Play store. Fucking amazing. I'm so happy, haha.

Dahbomb

Both Tempo Mage and Control Warrior use Dr Boom.

jgminto

Wouldn't be surprised. 7 slot is back to being garbage without Boom and Destroyer is a good card.
There is Geddon but that's more of a clear card than a threat on board. I guess Nu Hogger could see play in Warrior but there would also need to be something to replace Death's Bite as a whirlwind generator.

KuroNeeko

Has there been any word about whether or not we'll be able to Dust cards from older sets when they are rotated out?

Dr. Boom was the first legendary I crafted and I've never liked him, nor enjoyed playing with him. If he's going to be gone, then I want to dust his face.

And those two Lightbombs I crafted..... #cry At least I didn't craft Vol'jin.
Now I'm scared to craft Paletress knowing she's eventually on her way out.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Has there been any word about whether or not we'll be able to Dust cards from older sets when they are rotated out?

Dr. Boom was the first legendary I crafted and I've never liked him, nor enjoyed playing with him. If he's going to be gone, then I want to dust his face.

And those two Lightbombs I crafted..... #cry At least I didn't craft Vol'jin.
Now I'm scared to craft Paletress knowing she's eventually on her way out.
You can dust and craft wild cards. You get no bonus though.

Sheroking

11_3_Shaman.png

Soooo close to 12 wins with one of the three classes I haven't managed it yet (Warrior and Hunter are the other two).

I have a beef with Blizzard over this too. First game I played was against a mage who Doctor Boom'd me on 7 mana - lost that. At 9-2 I faced a Paladin who Mysterious Challenger'd me on six mana and got Noble Sac/Avenge - I luckily had the burn to beat him anyway.

Last two games? Same Rogue. Beat him the first time, the second time we got a top deck war. I had some minions and totems and Everyfin in hand for lethal, he got a freeze spare part from a Tinkertown Technician and put me ONE OFF LETHAL. Killed me next turn with a top deck perdition's blade.

Top Bottom