• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT5| Corrupted Deeprock Salt

Zoggy

so cthun is on buffing himself and some of his creatures, nzgzoth is about deathrattles and bring back the dead. Now we just need the other 2.

hopefully after that renounce card (which i still can't believe is real), hopefully one of the gods is all RNG based.

Apathy

the fuck, i just went to twitch, and saw that HS asian championship was starting.

as a side note, really weird seeing only 4k viewers on the official hs twitch

Dahbomb

I missed this card:

sEODSRq.jpg

Seems like the Explosive Sheep equivalent at 1 mana. Pretty decent anti aggro tool. Usable in Grim Patron deck too.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Brood of N'Zoth reminds me a lot of Anubisath Sentinel. It might just be too easy to play around.

Ketch

Brood of nzoth seems like haunted creeper lvls of bullshit. Look forward to seeing that card in every deck.

its at least definetly going in raptor rogue.

Edit: nvm. 3 mana

Zoggy

lmaooo at that tempo mage vs warrior game in the championships.

double flamewaker into unstable portal that gives him a ragnaros. then boom on turn 7 and antonidas + arcane missiles.

tempo mage you will not be missed

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Brood of nzoth seems like haunted creeper lvls of bullshit. Look forward to seeing that card in every deck.

its at least definetly going in raptor rogue.

Edit: nvm. 3 mana

I swear every time I look at it, its worse. Its clearly the work of the old gods I tell you. I initially read it as a 2 mana 2/3. Then a 3 mana 2/3. Now, I checked on more time, and it is a 3 mana 2/2.

I can't see that card being put into decks. Competitive Spirit is already a mediocre card, and this is that tied to a body that isn't worth 2 mana.

Edit: New Card:
cHmkEUY.png

Monstrosity, 8 mana 6/7 Neutral Legendary. Card Text: "If this minion kills another mininon, gain +2/+2"

Seems pretty underwhelming. Like, why not play Grull instead? Unless your big plan is to play this, taunt it up, and hope it can't be silenced or removed by spells.

Szadek

The card is slighty better than it looks.
Monstrosity is good in arena, since it's impossible to kill it with weak minions, because it keeps buffing itself.
In constructed however it's terrible and way too slow.

Dahbomb

Monstrosity is garbage and it seems like yet another card that is being designed around BGH.

You get the feeling that Blizzard might not be nerfing BGH after all.

Monstrosity is good in arena, since it's impossible to kill it with weak minions, because it keeps buffing itself.
In the 1/1000 chance I get the chance to pick this card in Arena, I will.

Raxus

Assuming you get it in arena it means you turned down 2 other (likely better) legendaries.

Warlock card would be fun for shits and giggles for renolock.

Pretty ok anti-aggro card I suppose if you could get taunt on it. But if you could play something for 8 mana against aggro and taunt it...you are not going to need this guy.

One of those "if it drops from...whatever makes legendaries going forward" it'll be cool.

Moonlight

Banned
This seems like a worse version of a legendary in the same set. Corrupted Hogger is a 7 mana 6/6 that hides at least 2/2 extra stats. You can activate it on the same turn you play it and you don't need to kill minions to get its' effect. It has a similar gimmick about being impossible to remove with a ton of garbage minions trading up, except... better. I don't get this.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Maybe there will be some dumb spell like "Minion Vacuum: Forces all enemy minions to attack the selected target" that will make it viable.

Moonlight

Banned
This thing is also filling in the 8 mana slot with more shit for that Priest spell to get, yay, already trying to nerf it.
Hey, you'd be happier to see this than...

[flips through]

wait no yeah this is actually the worst card you could roll for 8 mana by far

Szadek

Assuming you get it in arena it means you turned down 2 other (likely better) legendaries.
I don't think there are that many better legendaries in arena than this card (well,mostly because most of the them suck in arena,but whatever).
Kvaldir Raider can be crazy if it stays alive for a turn or 2.
Monstrosity is basically that. but is also harder to remove.

Moonlight

Banned
I mean, I don't think it's absolutely awful in Arena, but I don't see how it's very good at all.

Because for one, Kvaldir isn't similar to this card. Kvaldir's snowball is a 2 mana tax per turn (plus whatever hero power effect) for +2/+2. You can trade it or not trade it into whatever and if it's an active hero power, it might synergize for board control a bit. And it keeps getting bigger per turn. It costs less to play and played with a hero power, it costs one less mana for one less stat. The whole idea of this card assumes that your opponent's board is packed with trash minions and this card is bad against that too since they'll just ignore it and you need to keep trading one for one per turn, unless you taunt it up. And you probably already lost because you spent 8 mana doing what amounts to nothing and your opponent has the whole board.

Again, you'd rather play Hogger than this. At least when it's hit by a Fireball, you still have the lone 2/2 with taunt to stick around. This just seems way too slow, even for Arena.

edit: I actually convinced myself this card is straight up trash in either format.

Moonlight

Banned
I think if BGH set 7+ attack minion HP to 1, that'd be an okay compromise. You'd either need to have something on the board to actually remove it or use your hero power which loses tempo. If they leave it up they can still stick around for a turn or get the effect silenced/buffed off.

jgminto

If it had the Flesheating Ghoul effect or triggered on all enemies killed it might be decent but that's garbage, I'd play Gruul over that.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
This is probably one of the first cards in the set that just seems straight up bad without even an especially interesting design.

Monstrosity is garbage and it seems like yet another card that is being designed around BGH.

You get the feeling that Blizzard might not be nerfing BGH after all.

I think there are two factors here:

1.) They didn't talk about the idea of nerfing BGH until quite recently, so I think they may have designed a lot of the set around the card before deciding to do something about it.

2.) They might nerf it by doing something like "Battlecry: Deal 5 damage to a minion with 7+ attack.", which makes it much less devastating, but still worth designing around for some cards.

Zoggy

watching this championship, the latest guy who won said he was practicing 13 hours a day for this tournament.

what does practice mean for hearthstone? isn't that just climbing ladder?

Not trying to be condescending, i actually don't know what they mean by practice

Top Bottom