• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT5| Corrupted Deeprock Salt

Brood of N'Zoth reminds me a lot of Anubisath Sentinel. It might just be too easy to play around.

Reminds me more of dark cultist, except dark cultist is good on its own and is much more likely to survive a turn to then buff something.

watching this championship, the latest guy who won said he was practicing 13 hours a day for this tournament.

what does practice mean for hearthstone? isn't that just climbing ladder?

Not trying to be condescending, i actually don't know what they mean by practice

Pros usually practice with teammates or other top level players.

---

Apparently this is the correct translation:

635944614619651818.png

Dahbomb

watching this championship, the latest guy who won said he was practicing 13 hours a day for this tournament.

what does practice mean for hearthstone? isn't that just climbing ladder?

Not trying to be condescending, i actually don't know what they mean by practice
Probably match up practice with other top players.

I think playing Ladder is a poor way to practice for specific tournaments. Way different metas to take into account.

If you give it whirlwind, you can buff it twice a turn ;)

Honestly, it's not the worst card. Plus it is BGH proof. I don't think they're getting rid of BGH, just nerfing its cost or something. That said, I can't see how this card might be played in the current hearthstone...

Apathy

Reminds me more of dark cultist, except dark cultist is good on its own and is much more likely to survive a turn to then buff something.

Pros usually practice with teammates or other top level players.

---

Apparently this is the correct translation:

635944614619651818.png

So that translation means that if you taunt it up it won't get the buff from minions running into it.

That moment when you draw your third Muster for Battle in Arena and have Juggler ready. Hahahaha.

Edit:

There's no reason to be afraid of the Boogeymonster!

Hycran

Banned
So Boogeymonster = Skeleton Knight of this set. Got it.

Are you joking? Unlike the SK which not only has a bad statline but has a deathrattle based on a flawed mechanic, this card is under-stated but has tremendous upside. Slap a divine shield or a mark of the wild/nature on this guy and he is an absolute tank. Hell, you could slap a windfury on him and he will two for one just about any two creature combo in the game. This card has potential, unlike SK which had 4 health and was therefore removable by a number of 2 and 3 drops.

This thing is the boulderfist ogre on steroids and is an amazing arena pick as well (which will never happen, but you know). It obviously won't see constructed play as foe-reaper is objectively better and doesn't get play either, but at least it has potential, it has something, anything. SK has nothing but sadness and regret.

Sheroking

Are you joking? Unlike the SK which not only has a bad statline but has a deathrattle based on a flawed mechanic, this card is under-stated but has tremendous upside. Slap a divine shield or a mark of the wild/nature on this guy and he is an absolute tank. Hell, you could slap a windfury on him and he will two for one just about any two creature combo in the game. This card has potential, unlike SK which had 4 health and was therefore removable by a number of 2 and 3 drops.

This thing is the boulderfist ogre on steroids and is an amazing arena pick as well (which will never happen, but you know)

It's an overpriced "Boulderfist on Steroids" that dies to fireball/ping and hard removal that every class plays.

Even in arena, it's not amazing. Kvaldir Raider is a more efficient version of what that thing is. It doesn't require trades, it's cheap enough that it can be played earlier and with other things. Kvaldir Raider is only a good arena card - not an auto pick.

Chances are, you have a better legendary in the other two selections of your draft.

Hycran

Banned
It's an overpriced "Boulderfist on Steroids" that dies to fireball/ping and hard removal that every class plays.

Even in arena, it's not amazing. Kvaldir Raider is a more efficient version of what that thing is. It doesn't require trades, it's cheap enough that it can be played earlier and with other things. Kvaldir Raider is only a good arena card - not an auto pick.

Chances are, you have a better legendary in the other two selections of your draft.

Comparing a legendary to a common is a bit unfair for arena purposes, but this card is actually good in arena as it comes with a self-healing function.

As I said, it has potential. That doesn't mean it is constructed viable and it doesn't mean its the greatest card ever, but it is something (as i said) when compared to the skeleton king.

fertygo

If its common its at least salvageable, its fucking legendary tho

I swear this is intentional filler for making you get less chance to get the Gods from the pack, fuck you blizzard

ricelord

12894560_1011723432235555_683010992_o.jpg

haha Rag wanted a piece of me in this brawl.

boogeymonster is even worse card if it have to attack and kill another card, like everyone said you mind as well play Gruul.

Wow i have tried this weeks tavern brawl three times already, and they all ended up the same way, kel'thuzad spamming those 3 mana cost 4/5 minions that deal 4 damage at the end of your turn.

GG

Pooya

N'Zoth is like anyfin. You don't have to play a deathrattle deck. You can just only play the really good deathrattle cards so that when you play N'Zoth you just win. Control Paladin seems like the best fit right now actually. You have Tirion, Sylvanas and maybe Cairne, like 4 or 5 more good deathrattle cards and it's a deck. They just need to be 2-5 cost. You don't play low impact cards in a deck like that.

JonCha

I downloaded this yesterday after a long break and realised how much has changed! I basically started anew, following the beginner's guides linked in Reddit. I tried one of the started Paladin builds but I've realised even that is going to take time to learn effectively.

I really like this game but I feel like it takes weeks, maybe months, to become competent at.

(Incidentally I left the game at rank 21 or around there.)

Zoggy

This Anyfin mirror just now was the worst match I've ever seen

that was hilarious.

chat was hilarious.

the ending was hilarious.

best match ever.

i know people hate twitch chat, but it is pretty funny during these championship streams. the mods are more strict here so there's not much horrible shit, just the funny stupid stuff.

it is pretty dumb that they have a whole bunch of american paid extras in the background considering this is the asia championships.

For the same reason nobody currently runs Chillwind Yeti.

Cairn is a good card you should get used to seeing again. Particularly with a card like N'Zoth.

Nobody runs it now, that might change. Cairne was used quite a bit before Naxx/GvG came in and threw balance out the window. With all those cards leaving Carine might see play again

Yeah, I expect Cairne to come back in a big way, especially in N'Zoth decks. He's probably the stickiest minion left in Standard unless Blizzard adds something new in the expansion.

Zemm

the RNG in this tournament is disgusting, playing for money

All these players saying they've quit college/University to go pro is the dumbest thing I've heard.

Tathanen

Get Inside Her!
For the Boogeymonster here, I kinda feel like it doesn't.. matter if there are better alternatives. That presupposes that a person has every card. On a competitive level, sure, but for casual players if they get this in a pack there's a pretty good chance they don't HAVE those better legendaries. I know I don't! The majority of Hearthstone players likely just build the best decks they can with the cards available to them. I'm sure Blizzard makes some cards with that in mind.

jgminto

For the Boogeymonster here, I kinda feel like it doesn't.. matter if there are better alternatives. That presupposes that a person has every card. On a competitive level, sure, but for casual players if they get this in a pack there's a pretty good chance they don't HAVE those better legendaries. I know I don't! The majority of Hearthstone players likely just build the best decks they can with the cards available to them. I'm sure Blizzard makes some cards with that in mind.

The fact that it's a Legendary is kinda irrelevant. While the 8 Mana minion pool is pretty shallow, this is one of, if not the worst choice possible. Fossilized Devilsaur would be a better choice most of the time if you assume changes are being made to BGH. It's a Boulderfist Ogre that can get slightly better trades if it survives a turn.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Jeez, can't even give the minion taunt to buff attack since it has to attack. Card just seems awful all around.

I look forward to opening 5 of them.

rando14

I'd probly say Mage and Pally are 1a and 1b, with Rogue a close 2nd. However Rogue can easily be #1 if you know how to play her. Merps averages 10+ with Rogue in Arena for a reason.

Danj

Yes, you are very welcome in there. Discord channel for Hearthstone-GAF.

I have now generated an invite which doesn't expire. Could we add that link to the OP?

What's Discord? I've not heard of it before.

Yeah, either download it or copy it to your own Google Docs account. Then just start filling in how many copies of each card you have: 0, 1 or 2. The rest of it will automatically populate.

It's a shame there's not a more automatic way of doing this, there are a lot of cards in Hearthstone and it's an effort to put them all in and then remember to update when you get a new card.

gutshot

What's Discord? I've not heard of it before.

It's a shame there's not a more automatic way of doing this, there are a lot of cards in Hearthstone and it's an effort to put them all in and then remember to update when you get a new card.

There is this: http://www.innkeeper.com/ I haven't used it because I'm not on Windows, so I have no idea how good it may be.

I don't think the spreadsheet is too hard to keep up to date though. The initial input can be time consuming but I've put the cards in the order they appear in your collection, so it's as painless as possible. After that, it's just a matter of getting into the habit of updating each time you get a new card.

Top Bottom