• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT5| Corrupted Deeprock Salt

Pachimari

This is probably the best up to date source for revealed cards as far as I'm aware.

https://www.reddit.com/r/hearthstone/comments/4a031p/the_god_ol_prerelease_reveal_chart_all_currently/

More than 4. Hell we got 3 today, 2 yesterday one the day before

And here I thought we had only gotten 2. Thanks for the link!

Remember we also have a Discord channel now. I wish I could link to it, but I'm in the process of figuring that out.

timmy

I wonder how interplay between Herald Volazj and N'zoth will work. If I dupe a Sylvanas and both of them die, do I get the regular and the 1/1 back when I summon N'zoth?

Fuck Entomb. That is all.
Maybe GAF should do an aggregate "I hate this card" vote and see where various cards place. I know I could do a top 10, and Entomb is definitely up there.

I first realized how salt-inducing the card is when I had both of my Savannah Highmane's removed by it.

Apathy

I wonder how interplay between Herald Volazj and N'zoth will work. If I dupe a Sylvanas and both of them die, do I get the regular and the 1/1 back when I summon N'zoth?

if both die and you're under he board limit both will come back m(real and 1/1 i imagine. if both die but there is not enough room it's random. at least from how i understand it

Maybe GAF should do an aggregate "I hate this card" vote and see where various cards place. I know I could do a top 10, and Entomb is definitely up there.

I first realized how salt-inducing the card is when I had both of my Savannah Highmane's removed by it.

there are way more cards worse than entombe. thats like being mad at assassinate or execute or any other hard removal.

if both die and you're under he board limit both will come back m(real and 1/1 i imagine. if both die but there is not enough room it's random. at least from how i understand it

there are way more cards worse than entombe. thats like being mad at assassinate or execute or any other hard removal.
Assassinate triggers Deathrattles.
Execute triggers Deathrattles.

Entomb is effectively Assassinate + Silence + a Mini Gang Up in one card.

Plus, it's about which class has it. Entomb might be passable as a Rogue card (the real test: would anyone run Assassinate if Rogues had Entomb?), but as a Priest card it's pretty absurd.

Apathy

Assassinate triggers Deathrattles.
Execute triggers Deathrattles.

Entomb is effectively Assassinate + Silence + a Mini Gang Up in one card.

Plus, it's about which class has it. Entomb might be passable as a Rogue card (the real test: would anyone run Assassinate if Rogues had Entomb?), but as a Priest card it's pretty absurd.

How is it absurd that the weakest class have a tool like this but one of the stronger classes having it would be all fine and dandy?

Apathy

I don't think there's a card that's more frustrating than entomb though.

Alex.

You can play perfectly and die because 1 card does half your health and if you don't have a way to either end the game or raise your health you're dead next turn. Even raising your health to 21 isn't enough.

Alex.

You can play perfectly and die because 1 card does half your health and if you don't have a way to either end the game or raise your health you're dead next turn. Even raising your health to 21 isn't enough.
Sorry, I can't hear you beneath the 30 armor I accumulated throughout the game. :)

How is it absurd that the weakest class have a tool like this but one of the stronger classes having it would be all fine and dandy?
That's like saying it would be okay for Rogues to have Flamestrike. Different classes have different themes and flavors.

Apathy

Sorry, I can't hear you beneath the 30 armor I accumulated throughout the game. :)

That's like saying it would be okay for Rogues to have Flamestrike. Different classes have different themes and flavors.

Yeah, so why would rogues get entombed when Blizzard has built priest as the class that steals your shit? While rogues should have been that from the start, they weren't. With burgle in TGT was were blizzard finally decided to give rogues a "steal" of sorts to fit the class lore. Entomb fits priests as blizzard has positioned them as the thieves.

this popped up on hearthpwn without explanation or source.

635944486031752216.png

Pooya

That looks good actually. If you have a deck with divine shield minions so that it's hard for them to die before they clear this.

It's like that card in LoE, Anubisath was it? but better actually.

Pooya

So everything with N'Zoth name is about deathrattles. Might as well be his cultists. Maybe there are like roughly 16 of these too.

Pooya

The site that revealed that card has an interview with Brode too. One of the uses he mentions is with S.A.D. you play this card, next turn play SAD, trade this one in your recruits get buff.

He also confirms not every class has a forbidden card.

Lock vs Warrior

I just won by using my spells and such to clear the board of all my opponent's minions but Kel'thuzad and a taunt minion, then killing Sylvannas on the taunt minion to steal Kel and revive my whole board.

That felt so good.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Apparently renounce only changes your cards in hand and not every card in your deck.

Where did you hear that? I can't find it anywhere else, and when Forsen explained the card, he even said it would be all cards in the deck (And I'd assume blizzard would give a brief Q&A about the card with the dude who reveals it)

So everything with N'Zoth name is about deathrattles. Might as well be his cultists. Maybe there are like roughly 16 of these too.

No, N'Zoth's First Mate is a battle cry. I think they are just sticking his name onto random stuff.

Yeah, so why would rogues get entombed when Blizzard has built priest as the class that steals your shit? While rogues should have been that from the start, they weren't. With burgle in TGT was were blizzard finally decided to give rogues a "steal" of sorts to fit the class lore. Entomb fits priests as blizzard has positioned them as the thieves.
Except Entomb is, like I said, not really about stealing. It's an improved Assassinate.

The site that revealed that card has an interview with Brode too. One of the uses he mentions is with S.A.D. you play this card, next turn play SAD, trade this one in your recruits get buff.

He also confirms not every class has a forbidden card.
Too uninspired to give every class forbidden magic?

My bad, I misread the blue post. So I guess it does change all your warlock cards in your deck.

edit:
Yeah, I am certain now it was just confusing wording and not careful reading. It does affect your entire deck.

Apathy

so cthun is on buffing himself and some of his creatures, nzgzoth is about deathrattles and bring back the dead. Now we just need the other 2.

anyone currently playing games right now? need to finish the "spectate a friend" quest so i can get that free pack !

NA

My BattleNet:
AldzDrakul#1229

Top Bottom