• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT5| Corrupted Deeprock Salt

Zemm

KT in this brawl is so overpowered compared to Rafam it's laughable. Just get Heigan then keep respawning him and duplicating him and I'm pretty sure it's literally impossible to lose.

KT in this brawl is so overpowered compared to Rafam it's laughable. Just get Heigan then keep respawning him and duplicating him and I'm pretty sure it's literally impossible to lose.

I wound up going 6-2 in this brawl. All 6 wins were using KT, I lost once with each hero (yeah, I only got stuck with Rafaam once in 8 matches). Rafaam has to drag the game out long and hope to pull some awesome cards from his upgraded hero power to even have a chance. Rafaam also needs KT to draw incredibly poorly. If KT gets Heigan or Gothik out early, there's just no coming back. Anub kind of fucks up KT's hero power, but it's 8 attack on the board, and if you leave Anub up for a few turns, he's just as bad as Heigan.

bodS49Y.png

a series of unfortunate events

there's always a way to come back in the match, i just have to stare at the screen until i find it.

Whenever someone is dragging out a match they can't win, I assume they have an ace in the hole somewhere.

Usually Deathwing.

NBtoaster

You can counter that with the minion that transforms everything at the end of the turn, or the pit snake transform. But yeah, otherwise its pretty hard.

Zemm

I wound up going 6-2 in this brawl. All 6 wins were using KT, I lost once with each hero (yeah, I only got stuck with Rafaam once in 8 matches). Rafaam has to drag the game out long and hope to pull some awesome cards from his upgraded hero power to even have a chance. Rafaam also needs KT to draw incredibly poorly. If KT gets Heigan or Gothik out early, there's just no coming back. Anub kind of fucks up KT's hero power, but it's 8 attack on the board, and if you leave Anub up for a few turns, he's just as bad as Heigan.

Have they ever made a brawl that is balanced? Blizzard and balance 4Head

Apathy

Have they ever made a brawl that is balanced? Blizzard and balance 4Head

The charge + taunt one was pretty fair. obviously some cards like pit snake or cobra were amazing as removal, but nothing a spell couldn't have done the same way

Maximo

xarilpoisonedmind.png

Talked about already?

CBF linking all the images.

You have 5 different cards. Return a friendly minion costs 2 less, give a friendly minion 3 + attack, give a friendly minion stealth until the next turn, deal 2 damage, draw a card, all cost 1 mana.

So spare parts on steroids. Seems like that was built for miracle.

Probably usable in most decks though as the toxins seem fairly strong and can initiate combo.

So they are like better Spare Parts. I guess he is comparable to Toshley who doesn't see play.

His stat line is garbage, but the Bloodthistle, Briarthorn, Firebloom and Kingsblood seem good to me. Stealth one is eh. Since this is Rogue they will proc combo, Violet Teachers and Auctioneer so that is good.

Edit: Actually stealth one is pretty good for Rogue with those cards I just named. Woops. Since you don't know which one you would get its slightly worse, but if it was Discover it'd be really, really strong.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Thats an odd Warrior Weapon.

The Rogue Bug is... Odd. Maybe it could have some Synergy with N'zoth. I wonder if any other cards will give you a Toxin, they looked like beefed up Spare Parts.

Couldn't that at least have been 4 mana to "replace" Death's Bite? I hope Warriors get another weapon or they're kinda fucked.

I just realized you have to spend 5 mana EVERY time.

Mixed2k

Warrior loses one of his best cards (death's bite) and gets this garbage... Garrosh better get something nice to balance this.
The devs probably thought that they needed to be consistent and give warrior his poisoned blade.

Pooya

That incoming shadowstep nerf. I have like 10 shadowsteps lol.

The cards are just like regualr cars. 1 mana deal 2 damage, or that one is just blessing of might. They are better than spare parts, they are actually real cards.

It's a 3/2... well, it does draw two cards for 4 mana, I guess it's not unfair. You probably want to get more than two toxins from it to be really good. like play Brann. If it was a 3/3 it would be really good, now you have to try it see how it works out. I wish there was a weapon buff in there, the cards don't seem extremely useful.

It's a better legendary rogue card compared with other sets. The problem is it is slow, maybe if they are actually printing some health gain for rogue finally, I'm not holding my breath at this point.

edit: sjow's card is garbage, why on earth you wouldn't play gorehowl instead. I doubt warrior is getting two weapons in this set. RIP.

ViviOggi

Rogue card isn't too bad, has potential but not too exciting and the effect really doesn't warrant that utterly terrible statline for a legendary no less (meanwhile MC). Wonder if there'll be other toxin-related cards.

Good.

Death's Bite is stupid. You have a balanced weapon with Arcanite Reaper. Use it.

This is 100% bs, Death's Bite has played a huge part in keeping Warrior competitive since Naxx. Balanced = bad in constructed HS

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
That incoming shadowstep nerf. I have like 10 shadowsteps lol.

The cards are just like regualr cars. 1 mana deal 2 damage, or that one is just blessing of might. They are better than spare parts, they are actually real cards.

It's a 3/2... well, it does draw two cards for 4 mana, I guess it's not unfair. You probably want to get more than two toxins from it to be really good. like play Brann. If was a 3/3 it would be really good, now you have to try.

It's a better legendary rogue card compared with other sets. The problem is slow, maybe if they are actually printing some health gain for rogue finally, I'm not holding my breath at this point.
Except the Stealth one, that is straight up the stealth spare part.

I really hope there are other cards that spawn Toxins. I loved spare parts. Maybe they could give them all to rogue though, since I don't know if Blizzard wants to give other classes Shadow Step (Even if it is 1 mana)

Alrus

Warrior loses one of his best cards (death's bite) and gets this garbage... Garrosh better get something nice to balance this.
The devs probably thought that they needed to be consistent and give warrior his poisoned blade.

They already got Cursed Blade though...

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Warrior is likely going to get another weapon anyway. There is no way Blizard doesn't give him Xal'atoh with an Old Gods Expansion, though it may be tied to a Legendary (Or maybe Blizzard will just give us a Legendary Weapon)

Hycran

Banned
can see it in the maly deck and extra card draw w/ auctioneer

That sounds both fun and interactive.

I think the rogue legendary is amazing, but this definitely lends itself so much to the already existing archetype that it almost seems hypocritical of blizzard. Maybe if there are some new combo cards it will be ok, but for now there is no midrange rogue.

Edit: As for the tentacles card, it would be appropriately costed at 4 mana, but without spiteful smith, the card is straight booty.

Top Bottom