• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT6| C'THUN for President! Why pick the lesser evil?

wiibomb

wow..

so much salt for this brawl

I'll take it... will grind some gold with mage and may be use some other classes if I have one or two good cards that can be used

aw damn I was looking at the brawl to do the 2 60 gold hunter quests I have, now I might have to reroll them.

why don't play them normal? 60 gold quests are not common

Interfectum

Yo fuck this stupid game.

Unbelieable, first this stupid brawl is another mage one (why the fuck does sorcerers apprentice let you have 0 mana spells, why? It's fucking broken and it happens every fucking portal brawl). All they have to do it make it so spells can't go less than 1, there, I fixed the fucking brawls.

Then add to the fact no one like portal brawls, they fucking suck, I have had the fucking games I was about to win taken from me three times already today because of some fucking unbelievable draw from the portals, as if they are programmed to give my opponent the exact draw. I am so sick and tired of this RNG bullshit, just let the fucking cards be there without RNG. It's no wonder I don't even care for this game anymore.I come in to do some dailies once every 3 days and I get so fucking angry because of bullshit.

It'll be okay.

Levi

Banned
It's brawl.. it's not meant to be balanced. It's a testing ground and just for fun playground.

It's easy enough to just concede whenever you fall behind until you get a good enough start that someone concedes for you.

Majordomo is not a good card, right? seems to be mostly used against the user because of how little health Ragnaros has

It's not so hot due to the health of Rag, but in Arena it's a solid body that will throw off people's game plans if you leave it up.

Honestly had Servant of Yogg not hit it for just the right amount of damage I needed to bypass it, I would've been in trouble. It requires a fair amount of clear and in Arena that can make or break some of the worse decks you get.

Go figure, all 3 of my challenges go well with Mage decks. Brawl gonna get me PAID.

Apathy

It's brawl.. it's not meant to be balanced. It's a testing ground and just for fun playground.

It's easy enough to just concede whenever you fall behind until you get a good enough start that someone concedes for you.

That only works on non portal brawls. In a portal brawl, you can be way ahead and still lose because why not, it's the most broken card ever conceived so lets make brawls using them, everyone likes bullshit right?!?!

Magnus

This brawl is total comedy, as many of you said. Glad I had Mage Dominance for a quest today! Easy 60 gold.

Sorc Apprentice x2, Flamewalker x2, Mana Wyrm x2, and any other card you want x1. Easy peezy.

You know, for as much as people complain about Shaman I sure don't see all that many of them. I run into about five times as many Hunters, as well as more Warriors and Rogues.

Levi

Banned
|OT 7/7| The Feast on Souls Begins NOW!!!

in all honesty, I've been kind of obsessed with Vek'lor.. I wish I had it.

It's a good card, one I crafted, but once you get bored of C'thun decks he isn't usable. It's definitely better to prioritize the good legendaries in the classic set first.

Had a weird salty friend request today.

-Asked me to spectate my secret paladin and how it worked out for me.
-I told him very good and that I'm not playing right now.
-Then he called that in question because I was still on the same rank as an hour ago, in which I didn't play, and subsequently how skill intensive the deck is.

Think he removed me since. Oddly enough I played mostly against face hunters and tempo warrior today, and with mostly I mean exclusively. One warrior conceded the moment I played Sludge Belcher.

Rank 7 wild btw.

wiibomb

It's a good card, one I crafted, but once you get bored of C'thun decks he isn't usable. It's definitely better to prioritize the good legendaries in the classic set first.

sure. I'm focusing right now only on classic packs, until I have the useful cards for that set, may be I can think on moving on to the other sets.

BTW, the classic set if written on stone now or more cards are added as the other sets rotate out?

sure. I'm focusing right now only on classic packs, until I have the useful cards for that set, may be I can think on moving on to the other sets.

BTW, the classic set if written on stone now or more cards are added as the other sets rotate out?

At first, I thought they might add cards into Classic with how important some cards from GvG and Naxx were to some classes. However, they didn't, so they probably never will.

what are you using?

I had some epic brawls with other mages running exactly the same as me, so it all came down to the portals, but playing mages only can get boring
I don't have many good cards, so there's probably better options. I'm a new player.

2x Evolve
2x Stormcrack
2x Rock Biter
1x Hex

Basically been removing the early game stuff and evolving everything once it's gone down to portals. Works well against most Mages, but anything else... not really, lol. I wish I had more Lightning Storms/Master of Evolution

Lightlord and Forbidden Healing is so dirty against freezemage. Pyroblasts my face, Rag heals me for 8. Plays Alexstrazsa Forbidden Healing for 16 tp full health. I made my opponent literally go through his entire deck before he hit me for 26 in his last turn and gave up.

Damn is that deck hard to chew through, I would probably have lost if he didn't make a mistake and throw away his first doomsayer.

I got Sylvanas in my brawl pack, first Legendary! Worth keeping?

Yes. She's got fairly decent stats and has a great deathrattle that your opponent has to either remove without killing, or play around.

She's a great legendary for newer players, and sees play in a lot of meta decks nowadays as well.

Couldn't have asked for a more intense finish to rank 1.

At 9 health against mage when i topdeck rag lightlord into tirion fordring. Just enough healing taunt and damage to eke out the win.

so lucky!! that's one of the best legendary to keep around

EDIT: so sad the first I got is kind of useless one.. At least it looks pretty nice being golden

a golden legendary is literally any legendary you might want, why is he the lucky one?

Levi

Banned
I don't have Flamewaker or Astral Communion on EU so my idea is to play Mage and hope someone concedes before the mulligan. LOL.

I think I'll put in a Questing Adventurer in that slot instead, could be good.

EDIT: so sad the first I got is kind of useless one.. At least it looks pretty nice being golden

Deathwing is super-fun, though. I'd throw him in as an alternate win-condition in your C'thun Mage deck or even your Patron Warrior. Gives you a chance to come back in a game you're hopelessly behind in. Just don't play him too early.. it's nice to have C'thun or another big card to bait out the opponent's removal (Polymorph, Hex, etc.) first before you play him.

wiibomb

a golden legendary is literally any legendary you might want, why is he the lucky one?

Because I can't go and dust it... having a golden legendary on my account, with the stupidly bad luck I have is like winning the lottery for me, I wouldn't like to throw it away for another normal one

I don't have Flamewaker or Astral Communion on EU so my idea is to play Mage and hope someone concedes before the mulligan. LOL.

I think I'll put in a Questing Adventurer in that slot instead, could be good.

Deathwing is super-fun, though. I'd throw him in as an alternate win-condition in your C'thun Mage deck or even your Patron Warrior. Gives you a chance to come back in a game you're hopelessly behind in. Just don't play him too early.. it's nice to have C'thun or another big card to bait out the opponent's removal (Polymorph, Hex, etc.) first before you play him.

The thing is, Deathwing, Dragonlord doesn't have much purpose without some other dragons, and other dragons don't fit well with what I have.

may be I could think of making some changes to my patron deck to see what happens

Top Bottom